PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes
post #931 of 940 Old 08-16-2015, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 16
maybe there's a merchant/store down there........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 940 Old 08-16-2015, 06:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked: 1616
PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED]

Even though it got destroyed by critics, I'm playing through AC unity right now and I really like it. Runs smoother than black flag did for me too, I dunno what was the deal with all the griping about it being unoptimized. It requires a powerful GPU but it looks amazing and doesn't stutter.

Also just got a g-sync monitor and man, I want this on every display. Like no more need to worry about maintaining over 60fps to avoid stutters, still nice and smooth even if the fps fluctuate.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #933 of 940 Old 08-20-2015, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Started playing Zombi today (PC port of the Wii U game ZombiU). Not bad. It may not look all that great but it is creepy, some good jump scares, I like that the game does NOT pause when you loot/check inventory. Only a couple hours in but came close to dying a few times.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #934 of 940 Old 08-21-2015, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
Started playing Zombi today (PC port of the Wii U game ZombiU). Not bad. It may not look all that great but it is creepy, some good jump scares, I like that the game does NOT pause when you loot/check inventory. Only a couple hours in but came close to dying a few times.
Have it on Wii U. It is kind of fun when you die since you come back as a totally new person, but can go back and reclaim your backpack from your last character. Not sure if my Zombi corpse had moved on, but I thought that was a fun twist to the game.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #935 of 940 Old 08-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Playing Dragon Age: Inquisition Descent DLC. It's a big jump in difficulty from the non DLC stuff, but it is lots of fun. On one of the bosses all my characters died with the exception of the Knight Enchanter. She downed the boss over the course of 5 minutes and revived all the characters twice. I know the knight enchanter is OP, but damn the other characters are just way too squishy! The only thing that sucks is I'm stuck in this dungeon, getting all this loot and I'm not going to be able to do anything with it until the DLC is complete so what's the point of getting it if I can't use it to make myself more powerful with the current DLC?
I'm renting it on ps4, is the interface different on pc? They limit your abilities to 8 on a customizable hot key list. It's pretty lame having to choose which spells you want at a give time.
post #936 of 940 Old 08-22-2015, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I'm renting it on ps4, is the interface different on pc? They limit your abilities to 8 on a customizable hot key list. It's pretty lame having to choose which spells you want at a give time.
I'm using a wireless 360 controller as I really can't use a kb/m for any length of time. That being said, the game recognizes it and defaults to having four abilities mapped to XYAB then using L2 as a modifier it opens up four more abilities for XYAB. I find it to be plenty and it gives you the option of switching out abilities if/when you get bored. The other thing I like about the game (and where it stands above Witcher 3 even) is the ability to switch between characters at any time. Bored of the mage? Switch to the tank. Bored again? Switch to the archer rogue or stabby stab rogue. Having the ability to reset all the talents as well also adds to the replayability. I have over 260 hours in the game between rerolls and DLC. It's a worthy game, IMHO, and looks great in 2560x1080 super wide.
post #937 of 940 Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ok its 3 in the morning and I seriously need to stop playing rocket league right now
jhoff80 likes this.

post #938 of 940 Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Ok its 3 in the morning and I seriously need to stop playing rocket league right now

Never have I been so pleased to be playing a multiplayer game on the PC, not the Xbox... because I don't want people hearing my constant swearing like they would with the Kinect.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #939 of 940 Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Actually picked up Minecraft again after a long hiatus. Playing FTB Horizons II - Daybreaker mod pack. Pretty damn fun

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #940 of 940 Unread Today, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Never have I been so pleased to be playing a multiplayer game on the PC, not the Xbox... because I don't want people hearing my constant swearing like they would with the Kinect.

Lol I don't even know what it is about this game. I don't even like soccer! But it's just so damn fun to play I can't stop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page