PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #91 of 827 Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvsimpson View Post

Were the fallouts good on PC? They look great I was just wondering? Anyone know if you can remote download games on your pc from an Android?
I noticed that as well, but I kept buying new pc parts after reading on here so I guess it was helpful making me sto:rolleyes:p.

The Fallouts were better on PC imo due to mods especially. As far as remote downloading, yes you can do it with the Steam App on Android, I love it. Back during the summer sale I was buying and installing games on my lunch break at work lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- All gamertags listed there -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 827 Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Fallout and Elder Scrolls on PC are 1,000,000% better than their console versions.

Mods. Nuff said.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #93 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Finished Crysis 3 last night. This is probly the first game to make me see why others go nuts over steath games. I used to just want to run and gun my way through games but sneaking up and stabbing things is fun too.
Back to Farcry 3 (which is a much better game than Crysis 3) till the release of Bioshock Infinite. I'm looking forward to the flying city of Columbia.
post #94 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone play EVE Online? It's an older game but I've just started to get into it. MMO in space setting. Battlefield 3 on PC is great as well.
post #95 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbois View Post

Does anyone play EVE Online? It's an older game but I've just started to get into it. MMO in space setting. Battlefield 3 on PC is great as well.

I played it years back for a short while, I have moved away from all MMO's they eat up to much time.
post #96 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

The Fallouts were better on PC imo due to mods especially. As far as remote downloading, yes you can do it with the Steam App on Android, I love it. Back during the summer sale I was buying and installing games on my lunch break at work lol.
I've played the crap out of Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 New Vegas and I can agree that they are awesome on pc. I will offer a caveat, however. Game freezing was a huge issue for me, especially in the first Falout 3. Crashing to the desktop was just a matter of time. Sometimes it would be 5 minutes. Sometimes it would be 5 hours. it didn't happen in New Vegas nearly as often, but it did happen. It was a known issue if you google it. Of course, it didn't hurt me from playing over 100 hours of the game. I just made sure I saved every 5 or 10 minues just to be safe. It reminded me of the infamous Halflife 2 stuttering issues. Loved that game, but don't get me started on that!

Xbox live gamertag: jtexasflood
post #97 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Anyone seen the State of Decay game that will be coming out this spring?
post #98 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Dead Space 2.

Steam: Guts
post #99 of 827 Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Dead Space 2.

Just finished that last weekend. A great ride, although I had to drop down to easy setting around chapter 8. redface.gif

Best use of lighting I've ever played in a game, methinks.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #100 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Tomb raider is so freaking cool so far! I'm at the point where the rescue plane tried to swoop in and save us but lightning struck it down!

Mike Clough #24
post #101 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 12:29 PM

Liked: 93
Thanks for spoiling that! You want to tell us the ending too, while you're here ruining things?
post #102 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Thanks for spoiling that! You want to tell us the ending too, while you're here ruining things?

Thread title updated.

If might make you feel better to know: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that wasn't as big of a spoiler as it seems.

post #103 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Liked: 93
Thanks for editing the title, Daver. smile.gif
post #104 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeclough24 View Post

Tomb raider is so freaking cool so far! I'm at the point where the rescue plane tried to swoop in and save us but lightning struck it down!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did you see the part where the thing did the thing to the thing and the guy bitched about it?

post #105 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 179
She dies at the end.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #106 of 827 Old 03-09-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I want to play Cursed Crusade on PC. The demo was epic.

post #107 of 827 Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I've been playing Tomb Raider and I've been blown away. GTX 560 Ti, some settings maxed others left normal, and the game looks fantastic and runs perfectly smooth. I'm playing it in 3D and I'm very impressed. Good game overall too, not just graphics and 3D. Can't wait to play more.

What I'm not playing is Sim City. I battled the servers on Thursday to get in a little time here and there. The game seems good when it's working, but I expect to wait a few more days before I try it again. Probably not until I finish Tomb Raider!
post #108 of 827 Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I want to get Sim City, but not dealing with that nazi drm. I'll wait for a big price drop and a hack.

It's getting fantastic reviews by amazon users.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #109 of 827 Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 59
It's been a rough week for Sim City and those of us who bought the game and want to play it, but it'll blow over. EA has offered compensation in form of a free download. That's not great, but it's reasonable. They should have been ready, but it's also clear from what I've played that the game wouldn't work as single player. The online cooperative aspects are integral and pretty awesome. Gameplay is quite different and frankly refreshing compared to previous versions.

So I'm not going to forget their ineptitude in the past week, but I'm not going to knock their game design once they get things under control.
post #110 of 827 Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Gah, the day after I beat Tomb Raider it finally gets patched for Nvidia GPUs.

My end game was at 71% complete, so there's still some secrets to explore.

post #111 of 827 Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Gah, the day after I beat Tomb Raider it finally gets patched for Nvidia GPUs.

My end game was at 71% complete, so there's still some secrets to explore.
AFAIK it's still screwed up on multi-GPU setups (at least it is on mine) if you want the complex-hair.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #112 of 827 Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Well going to start the new Star Craft tonight.
post #113 of 827 Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvsimpson View Post

Well going to start the new Star Craft tonight.

I'm torn, should I get it or wait and play Defiance? Ill most likely get both knowing me smile.gif
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/defiance/b/pc/default.aspx

On a side note you Diablo3 fans. Anyone play Path of Exile? People at work have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/

post #114 of 827 Old 03-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

I'm torn, should I get it or wait and play Defiance? Ill most likely get both knowing me smile.gif
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/defiance/b/pc/default.aspx

On a side note you Diablo3 fans. Anyone play Path of Exile? People at work have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Yeah I got a friend who wants me to play the Open Beta, I will probably try it. He has been playing it a while and same with him he says it is much better the Diablo 3. I just started D3 not that long ago so its not that bad. Haven't died much yet, 3 times total all in normal, halfway done with hell, can't wait to see if I bog down in Inferno with this wizard. So far tho Diablo 3 has been overly easy. Maybe it is because I cheat and use the AH to sell all the rares for like 2-10k then buy decent gear.

Oh yeah might as well get both the games since you already said you most likely would. smile.gif
post #115 of 827 Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

AFAIK it's still screwed up on multi-GPU setups (at least it is on mine) if you want the complex-hair.

(This is RE: Tomb Raider)

I'm running dual GTX670s, and the TressFX look fine to me for the most part. It occasionally gets wonky when shadows of the hair appear. I only played a couple sections with the new patch on Ultimate settings last night, so just because I didn't see any problems with the hair doesn't mean it's not happening.

I did notice some sections that will still bring my system's FPS down to 40s and even in the 30s on Ultimate Settings - these are sections with very long draw distances, often with mountains or complex background scenery. I found dropping the "Level of Detail" down to High will bring those sections up to the 40-50 range, and moving LoD down one more notch to Normal will keep me at a constant 60fps. As far as I can tell, LoD only affects the background detail, which still looks good on Normal, but don't seem to have as much shadows in the background.

No more crashes when Occlusion is selected is welcome.

post #116 of 827 Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
I just started the 1st chap in the Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 game. Pretty nice graphics since it's built on the Crytek 3 engine. It's scripted same as the 1st game. The invisible walls are less intrusive so far with this new game then they where in the prev one. I just can't get enuf into it yet since I been hook on the MP free to play (pay to win for those with no patience) crack AKA World of Tanks and the occasional foray into XCom EU (3rd time).

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #117 of 827 Old 03-14-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

I just started the 1st chap in the Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 game. Pretty nice graphics since it's built on the Crytek 3 engine. It's scripted same as the 1st game. The invisible walls are less intrusive so far with this new game then they where in the prev one. I just can't get enuf into it yet since I been hook on the MP free to play (pay to win for those with no patience) crack AKA World of Tanks and the occasional foray into XCom EU (3rd time).

Is that the one with a Zombie version?

post #118 of 827 Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

I think you're thinking of Sniper Elite

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #119 of 827 Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Which is why I'll never go xfire or SLI again. Performance is so much smoother with one GPU. Max out all games with one GPU. Like a boss!
post #120 of 827 Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:

No Z's

Here is my other set up for those who were interested in a sim racing setup (old setup, slight changes have been made). The FREX seq shifter was not working so I had to use the paddle shifters.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page