PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 320Likes

post #1471 of 1484 Old 04-22-2017, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Dude, does it play ok? I've got a 970 but I'd only be planning on running it in 1080p. If it runs great with minimal glitches I may end up spending the time in getting it up and running.

Edit: I'm actually playing a game called "Oceanhorn" on my Shield Tablet and running it on my 55" screen. For a tablet game, the graphics are pretty amazing. I mention this because it is a shameless Zelda knockoff. But not that it's a bad thing - the game is actually quite good.
To be clear, I'm using the rules file that forces the emulator to render at 4K, but I'm playing on my 1440p monitor. It runs fairly well. but it's definitely not perfect. It's typically in the 20-30fps range, sometimes it'll drop a few frames lower. On rare occasions it'll flat out crash, but it's easily playable to me. In this case though it's a "your mileage my vary" setup.

That's the setup vid I used

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1484 Old 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Played Bayonetta last night. It's a pretty frantic action game. I'm using an xbox 360 wireless controller and it works flawlessly with this game. I'll post my thoughts as I get further into the game, but it's lots of fun so far.
How is the game running for you? I'm getting some bad frame rates further into the game. It's almost unplayable​at times.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1473 of 1484 Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
How is the game running for you? I'm getting some bad frame rates further into the game. It's almost unplayable​at times.

I'm not very far in just yet, but so far everything has run smoothly, including the cutscenes. I'm going to try to get in some time tonight but man there are so many things vying for my time these days. FWIW, I am running it at 1920x816 so it really isn't overworking my rig I don't think. I may try 2560x1080 and see how that goes.

Thanks, Marafice, for the setup video. I'm definitely going to try it as everyone says that it is a phenomenal game. There are just some games that a gamer shouldn't miss out on and it seems this is one of them.

post #1474 of 1484 Old 04-22-2017, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@blastermaster I'm running 2560x1080 with everything pretty much maxed out or on high. I'm running a 290x which I think would be plenty for the game since I've heard others run the game just fine on less.

I still think there is something else not right. Game had an update and to me it seemed to have gotten worse.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1475 of 1484 Old 04-22-2017, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Picked up Redout tonight since it has VR for my Vive. The VR was not too bad, but couldn't figure out how to get the cockpit view. Graphics looked decent in the VR. Will try running it on Epic graphics on the VR and see how it performs. Hopefully, if I can get the view setup right I may not feel so queasy after playing a few rounds.

I did try it on my Monitor afterward and found it much easier to control

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 04-22-2017 at 10:47 PM.
post #1476 of 1484 Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I played some more Bayonetta last night (still running fine). I'll admit that I was freely consuming rum snacks, but man that game is weird! I think I got to the third chapter and got stuck at a part where I had to perform 6 epic kills or whatever they called it, but I was only at 1/2 health going in so I kept dying. Gave up and went to bed way too late.
post #1477 of 1484 Old 04-23-2017, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I played some more Bayonetta last night (still running fine). I'll admit that I was freely consuming rum snacks, but man that game is weird! I think I got to the third chapter and got stuck at a part where I had to perform 6 epic kills or whatever they called it, but I was only at 1/2 health going in so I kept dying. Gave up and went to bed way too late.
Is the 6 Epic Kills the part where you have to do it on the Airplane before it crashes? If so that took me a bit before I finally got past it too!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1478 of 1484 Old 04-23-2017, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Is the 6 Epic Kills the part where you have to do it on the Airplane before it crashes? If so that took me a bit before I finally got past it too!
Nope. The airplane section required only 3, but that part took me a while because I didn't even know what the heck I was supposed to be doing. I need to up my skills, though, because at this point I'm mostly button mashing with the exception of knowing when to use the dodge button.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #1479 of 1484 Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 605
The combo system is extremely deep, if you put the time in to master it. You can play the game by button mashing and have a great time with it as well.

Even after you've completed the game, there are some nice secrets waiting for those that replay it and buy all that The Gates of Hell have to offer.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
UPlay ID - Kenshiro26
post #1480 of 1484 Old 04-24-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, Marafice, for the setup video. I'm definitely going to try it as everyone says that it is a phenomenal game. There are just some games that a gamer shouldn't miss out on and it seems this is one of them.
Same guy that made that video just released one today showing even better performance with the latest CEMU (1.7.5 which released for patreon backers today. Should be out for general public next week)

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
post #1481 of 1484 Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
Same guy that made that video just released one today showing even better performance with the latest CEMU (1.7.5 which released for patreon backers today. Should be out for general public next week)
Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I went into Walmart today to have a look at the Switch version of Zelda and the lady told me they actually had some consoles in stock. I broke down and got the game and console. I haven't really had a chance to play it much, but it sure feels like a slick machine. Can't wait. /thread derail.
post #1482 of 1484 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I went into Walmart today to have a look at the Switch version of Zelda and the lady told me they actually had some consoles in stock. I broke down and got the game and console. I haven't really had a chance to play it much, but it sure feels like a slick machine. Can't wait. /thread derail.
I refuse to buy one. Money I need towards a Zen card. Plus I'm going to give the switch a year before I decide if I need it or not. Rather get the Xbox Scorpio later this year.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1483 of 1484 Old Today, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've thought about getting one, but rather put that money toward a hybrid 1080Ti

post #1484 of 1484 Old Today, 09:17 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 5549 Post(s)
Liked: 4504
Yeah. Easy. 1080ti > Scorpio

That would have been a more difficult decision before MS started (being awesome) putting their exclusive on PC, finally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition