AVS Forum banner

Geforce Titan

7K views 188 replies 26 participants last post by  DaGamePimp 
#1 ·
Who's buying one? Only $1000. Heh. I want one but I just don't have that kind of cash to invest in my PC right now.

I think one Titan would probably be quite a bit faster than my tri-Crossfire 6950s (flashed to 6970s). I'd probably need 2 Titans to get the most out of it though.

#152 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/120#post_23250311

Just ordered my 2nd card. Get a little nervous when I layout that kind of cash for a videocard. I think that's going to be it for a while.

I just noticed Metro Last Light is bundled with the card, so that's a nice bonus. I still have the $150 worth of free crap they gave me with the last card (Planetside2/Hawken/World of Tanks), not sure if I'll ever use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/150#post_23250954

You'll love it Dave!!! i've got both mine OC'd at 1122 on air and stable with no throttling
Hell ya!

That's awesome guys, would like to see pics of those SLi Titan builds.

You're slacking N8, no liquid cool on those Titans yet...

I still have that Free2Play $150 bundle as well and will let it go for $20 via paypal since I know I'll never use it.

Jason

#154 ·
Well, I've had fully water cooled systems before and I just don't have the need for a completely quite system, or the fact I don't OC to the brink of stability. I OC my 3930K to 4.5 and leave it there with my D14, I had it to 4.77 for quite a while but it's not worth the voltage on the chip. I bought a Swiftech H220 that I'll have installed on Monday. Asus was pretty sweet, my buddy at ME got me a brand new RIVE board!! it's been good so far, no issues. Though on this board, I had to run the extra 6 pin power cable to stabilize the ram for some reason, it won't see the 32 gigs without the cable... not a biggie though.

Dave I'm using EVGA X. I'm not OC'ing too crazy and it's stable enough for me, so far anyways.

Here is a pic Jason :

#158 ·
I was just messing with you on the liquid cool N8, that build is BAD ASS !!!

I don't usually like any white AV gear but damn that white pc is cool as hell, very nicely done mekret.

The only thing that drives me nutz is pc's that light up, I do everything I can to eliminate any/all light from my pc's.

Jason

#160 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/150#post_23269078

So with 2 cards my 3DMark11 score is P18890, considering with 1 card it was P13111 that seems a bit low.

I have to figure out how to overclock these cards with EVGA Precision X, it's a bit bewildering to me.

It's not to bad, check out a youtube video, there are lots that show you exactly how to oc on percision X

#161 ·
I just built this last week:

Specs:

NZXT Phantom (White) | Intel i7 3770k | Antec Kühler H2O 920 Liquid Cooler | ASRock Z77 Pro4 | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333MHz | OCZ ZT 750 Watts | EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN

1x Mushkin SATA III 256GB SSD + 4 x 2TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 640GB + 1TB + 2 x 2.5TB + 3TB + 500GB WD Harddrives | Dell 3007WFP + 2 x Dell 2007fp (PLP) | Swan M10 Speakers

(The other harddrives in the specs are in a raid tower connected to the esata card above the Titan)

#163 ·
Very clean Seegs, nicely done!

Jason

#167 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/150_50#post_23299315

Very nice build Dylan, but what do you do with all that hard drive space? And with all that power, why stop at 8gigs of RAM?

I've got just over 23TB of total storage. I use it to store all my blu-ray's and TV Shows to use with XBMC. I've been thinking about adding another two sticks of RAM to the system. We'll see...

#168 ·
Has anyone tried the TITAN with GTA4? I realize this is a game that is CPU bound in many cases....but curious if the TITAN does anything for us in this game.....I'm talking straight up base game, no mods, max settings.....you get 80+ fps one minute, turn a corner, and you're in the 50's....etc, etc. Does that go away with Titan, as this is a game that isn't SLI friendly and doesn't scale well at all (from my recollection)

#173 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/150#post_23476611

Current information says next Spring or Summer. They are probably hoping to release it with HDMI 2.0 AND DisplayPort 1.2 so that it doesn't require two cables for HDMI.

I don't think they're going to wait that long to ship. The HDMI 2.0 spec isn't close to being finalized. Latest I've heard for that display was sometime 3rd quarter/4th quarter with just Displayport 1.2.

#174 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi  /t/1459637/geforce-titan/150#post_23478367

I don't think they're going to wait that long to ship. The HDMI 2.0 spec isn't close to being finalized. Latest I've heard for that display was sometime 3rd quarter/4th quarter with just Displayport 1.2.

HDMI 2.0 should be finalized very soon. All signs point to it being announced by early/late August to be included in the fall crop of receivers/processors! They really want it out by fall.

Congrats Dave on the 3rd titan! I hummed and hawed about getting a third but I did a full water cooled setup instead. Man I haven't had a full WC setup in a long time, good lord it's gotten expensive! I have $500 in fittings alone! I'm just doing a leak test and will post some pics tonight when It's done. I went with the xspc razor blocks for the titans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.