Wow... The MaLDo 4.0 mod for Crysis 2 is off the HINGES! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Seriously. If anybody here hasn't played Crysis 2 yet, or even if you have but you'd be willing to check it out again, you gotta see this MaLDo 4.0 mod in action. I feel like I'm playing the PS4 or something, lol...

http://maldotex.blogspot.com/

Basically, just download the 4.0 mod, as well as the two fixes. Follow the directions on that link. It was pretty easy for me to get it up and running, and I'm amazed that it can run so well on my old i5 2500K & 560 Ti combo. It gets choppy a little bit here and there, but overall, it's pretty damn amazing. It's kinda like a glimpse into next gen. I've heard that Crysis 3 is the most graphically advanced video game ever, and I'm sure it surpases Crysis 2 with this mod, but I feel like this is pretty damn close... I don't think I'd even try Crysis 3 on my system. I'd have to turn the settings so far down that it would diminish the whole experience.

DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-03-2013, 03:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Indeed, I have played that mod and it was well done.

Crysis 3 is a destroyer of GPU's, I was not satisifed with <30 fps on Very High so I just bought a GTX 680oc and now have it running at Very High >30 fps and it is amazing (best I have seen, I'll be shocked if the consoles can compete at this level and honestly doubt that they will).

Jason
post #3 of 10 Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 343
I got as far as this step:

When installer finish, run Config Tool (shortcut in your desktop).

??? What's the config Tool? EDIT: never mind, I found it hidden in my mess of shortcuts. tongue.gif

My first attempt at this mod was a bust - undefined resolution. Probably because I launched the game before running the mod's Config Tool? I deleted Crysis2 and am re-downloading to try again.

EDIT 2: I read the mod's SMAA doesn't like Windows 8 and will cause the undefined resolution. The solution was not to use the two top "notches" of AA in the mod's Config Tool. It defaults to second from the top, but plays great in Win8 when the slider is in the middle "default FXAA".

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #4 of 10 Old 03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Oooh I just started replaying Crysis2 (shut up Dave)......I might have to jump all in on this smile.gif

Heck now that you can turn on FXAA in the regular Crysis, Dave, start installing that and WARHEAD too. smile.gif

@Jason, I think some patches and driver updates will help Crysis3 immensely, also...when the ini-hacking kids finally get into the game somehow they'll figure out a way to tweak Crysis 3's graphics/performance balance, kind of like how
Crysis2 destroyed GPU's when you'd see, like, 1/2 the power going to render some totally useless concrete block that now has like a million tesselation points and looks no better than the regular concrete block....etc, etc. Its a new game,
give it some time.

This is generally why I only play new games.....when they are 2 years old biggrin.gif

Whos up for some QUAKE 2 with the Lithium Mod!?!? Offhand-grapples baby!!!

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #5 of 10 Old 03-03-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I got this mod installed and, holy crap. eek.gif Yeah, it looks better than it did, but now it plays like buttah!!! Not only 60fps, but it feel like there's room to spare.

Well worth the effort, thanks Anthony. Hopefully, like HeadRusch said, this guy will get his claws into Crysis 3 before I start playing it.

post #6 of 10 Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I just bought a GTX 680oc and now have it running at Very High >30 fps and it is amazing (best I have seen, I'll be shocked if the consoles can compete at this level and honestly doubt that they will).

Yeah.... Man, I'd love to have a 680. I just need that price to drop like $100 at least, lol... I'm going to try to survive with my old 560 Ti and this Crysis 2 mod. It seems to be working pretty good on my old hardware... for now, at least..
post #7 of 10 Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Oooh I just started replaying Crysis2 (shut up Dave)......I might have to jump all in on this smile.gif

Heck now that you can turn on FXAA in the regular Crysis, Dave, start installing that and WARHEAD too. smile.gif

@Jason, I think some patches and driver updates will help Crysis3 immensely, also...when the ini-hacking kids finally get into the game somehow they'll figure out a way to tweak Crysis 3's graphics/performance balance, kind of like how
Crysis2 destroyed GPU's when you'd see, like, 1/2 the power going to render some totally useless concrete block that now has like a million tesselation points and looks no better than the regular concrete block....etc, etc. Its a new game,
give it some time.

This is generally why I only play new games.....when they are 2 years old biggrin.gif

Whos up for some QUAKE 2 with the Lithium Mod!?!? Offhand-grapples baby!!!

Yeah C3 is most definitely in need of some optimization/hacks/tweaking, it's the first game that truly pushed my 6970 to the edge (at least more so than any other game I have thrown at it). No hour long benchmark pushed my 6970 as hard as C3 does within 5-10 minutes.eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Yeah.... Man, I'd love to have a 680. I just need that price to drop like $100 at least, lol... I'm going to try to survive with my old 560 Ti and this Crysis 2 mod. It seems to be working pretty good on my old hardware... for now, at least..

Well for the deal that I got on the MSI 680oc (less than most standard 670's) I had to give it a shot and it is a beast. I wanted a 7970 Ghz edition but could not find a deal anywhere.

I had a 560ti 2GB in my HTPC for a few days and it was a respectable card. I would have kept it but it had noise in the image on my projector that I could not get rid of (ended up tossing a Radeon 5750 in there and have it at 5770 speeds). I will probably throw a Zotac 660ti AMP edition in there at some point, I cannot go longer than 7.5" due to the case.

Crysis 2 has been one of my favs over the last few years, definitely a fun game and I still fire it up every now and then.

Jason
post #8 of 10 Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm in the middle of Crysis 2 right now. I have a new 670 ( came from a 560 Ti ), and this card is pretty awesome. I couldn't quite bring myself to spend for a 680, because I don't play that many games. I might have to try this new mod, and this guy needs to get a hold of Crysis 3, because I plan on playing that next.smile.gif
post #9 of 10 Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr6966 View Post

I'm in the middle of Crysis 2 right now. I have a new 670 ( came from a 560 Ti ), and this card is pretty awesome. I couldn't quite bring myself to spend for a 680, because I don't play that many games. I might have to try this new mod, and this guy needs to get a hold of Crysis 3, because I plan on playing that next.smile.gif

The 670 is around $100 less than the 680, and according to this, performance is pretty close.

post #10 of 10 Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
My 670's clock faster than stock 680's, cost less and draw less power.......when the 570 and 580 came out, the 580 was the stronger card.....when the 670's and 680's came out, it was pretty clear they were damn similar...I get if you are driving UHD resolutions above 1080p and then some, the 680 might give you more overhead, but I knew I was going sli so those $200 saved made a big difference.

And I agree...Crysis 3 is in need of tweaks and hacks...but its not even a month old, give it time.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List