Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 159
I've been looking for a case that I can live with. I was originally going with a Lian-li pc60 I think was the model. Got one from Newegg, but one of the MB standoffs was corroded so I sent it back. I did not get it replaced.

Here's a link to the Lian-li for reference. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112330
The design of that case is the general idea of what I want. But I'd like to look at other options. I don't want one of those cases with an LCD screen so I have to pay an extra $200. I'd like to stay under $300. But if there's a case that speaks to me I'll consider going over.

I would like a case that can house at least three 3.5" HDs. 1 or 2 OD drives. I want a case that has fan sizes 120mm or up, there are a few with 80mm in the rear, but I want to avoid smaller than 120mm fans. I would like space for 140mm but I haven't seen any. Also needs to be aluminum.

So if anyone knows of a case that can pull those requirements, list it off. Otherwise, I'm looking for brands I can just google and search myself. Lian-li and Silverstone are really the only 2 names I know that do aluminum HTPC cases.

edit: realized I put 2.5" instead of 3.5"

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I really like my Antec Fusion: http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosure-veris_media/fusion-remote/0-761345-15733-9.aspx

Mine has a spot for an ssd so 2 3.5 1 2.5 and 1 OD.

If you can find a new Antec Fusion Remote Max they are great.

I believe you can set the LCD to never turn on.

If you are looking for all aluminum then Lian Li is the only option I know of. Silverstone's HTPC cases seem to all be steel frame/aluminum front but maybe I missed one. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Well, after I posted, I went through and tried to find every case maker I could think of and went directly to their official sites. Instead of store sites. Stores may not have every model of a particular brand.

I found this one from xigmatek. Not exactly a common shape, but it has 2 120mm fans in front and 2 in back. Just have to find a micro-atx MB. I was hoping for a regular atx form factor, but this seems like it has everything I'm looking for. Plus it's pretty cheap. Will have to measure the height too.

Finally got my TV on the wall, next is to figure out how to mount the speaker just underneath. Then get a PC under that.

Probably not going to get another PC put together until later in the year so I'm in no rush. It will be a dedicated HTPC. Instead of my main pc now that I occasionally play on the TV.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page