Seiki SE50UY04 50" 4K display - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #151 of 169 Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks from me also, it keeps me from "reinventing the wheel" to get it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 169 Old 02-05-2014, 08:18 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcforde View Post

Thanks from me also, it keeps me from "reinventing the wheel" to get it right.

LOL!!! i know what you mean,i did not want to go in my settings and then spend 8 hours trying to get it right on my own

post #153 of 169 Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
I hope these images help anyone creating a custom resolution.
Once you finish creating your custom resolution make sure to re boot right away. Then set your new res and refresh rate. Also be sure to install either the Nvidia or Amd pixel clock patcher before the CRU utility.

Another thing. After you install and setup your custom res, you may find Youtube and media player videos have a green screen. Just re install your video drivers and it will be all good. At least that worked for me.

Just also thought I would mention I made a custom .inf for windows users (monitor driver) which should have higher Hz modes in it at lower resolution as well:

http://box.houkouonchi.jp/seiki_custom_edid_120_240hz.inf
cardoski likes this.
post #154 of 169 Old 02-06-2014, 02:12 AM

Xevious:

For the 55" do I just change this PRODUCTID="SEK SE50UY04/SE39UY04 (Custom High Hz EDID)" TO THIS PRODUCTID="SEK SE66UY04/SE50UY04/SE39UY04 (Custom High Hz EDID)" ?
post #155 of 169 Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 AM

I couldn't resist selecting the burn mode menu option.  Now the monitor is stuck cycling through various color on the screen.  How do you get out of the burn mode?  I've unplugged the monitor, but when powered back on, is still in the burn mode!

post #156 of 169 Old 02-12-2014, 11:46 PM

Simply hold down the power switch for 3 seconds. Press it again to turn on your TV, and it will be back to normal.
post #157 of 169 Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM

I actually found it simply needed to be turned on/off like regular via the power button to get out of this and yes unplugging or using the remote didnt work.
post #158 of 169 Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 AM
DDD

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevious View Post

Just also thought I would mention I made a custom .inf for windows users (monitor driver) which should have higher Hz modes in it at lower resolution as well:

http://box.houkouonchi.jp/seiki_custom_edid_120_240hz.inf

How do you install this inf? Hyperlink gives you a doc file. I saved it as a .inf file, but on install it says that there is no digital signature.

I appreciate your work Xevious.

post #159 of 169 Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

How do you install this inf? Hyperlink gives you a doc file. I saved it as a .inf file, but on install it says that there is no digital signature.
I appreciate your work Xevious.

Inf files are just text so that is why it was opening in the browser. I added a mime-type for .inf on my web-server so it forces a download prompt instead of you having to right click and 'save as.'

There won't be a digital signature as I am not a hardware manufacture that has contracts with microsoft to digitally sign my drivers =P.

If you looked at it in notepad you can see its a really simple file with the most important part being the EDID override where it has an EDID dump that is in printed hex form.
post #160 of 169 Old 02-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
I just picked up one of the 50" off of amazon and they were able to price match the sears.com price of 599$, with prime free shipping.

sears link - http://www.sears.com/seiki-50inch-class-4k-120hz-led-ultra-hdtv/p-05771550000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

More Setup Pix / Pix of Setup
Hardware - Sony XL3: Win7sp1 x64 / Q6700 CPU / 120GB SSD (OS) / 2x2TB TV / 8GB Ram / Radeon HD 7700LP / Ceton ETH6 Tuner

Extenders: 3x Xbox360's, 2x Roku 3's

Software: MediaBrowser / MyChannelLogosXL / RecordedTV HD / Plex

post #161 of 169 Old 06-17-2014, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am a new 39" Seiki TV owner from Spain.

I am having a huge problem of input lag (I intend to use it as monitor). I read almost everything I found, and realised I need to start by updating the firmware.

Sadly enough, looks like seiki has launched for spain, or europe for what its worth, another version of the tv: 39uy04EC.

This means I have only one usb, and, it is an input/output usb.

Should be working, but when I try the seiki method of powering off cable cord and that nothing happens. When I try the menu, 0 0 0 0, update USB, it says: No update file found. Tried everything, fat 32, several memory sticks...

Had anyone had the same problem, or any idea? Also some ideas from computer users on how to reduce mouse lag? I knew it would be ankward, but it is totally unbearable.

Thanks in advance
post #162 of 169 Old 08-05-2014, 03:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm on the exact same situation. Have you found any solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manonpowah View Post
Hi, I am a new 39" Seiki TV owner from Spain.

I am having a huge problem of input lag (I intend to use it as monitor). I read almost everything I found, and realised I need to start by updating the firmware.

Sadly enough, looks like seiki has launched for spain, or europe for what its worth, another version of the tv: 39uy04EC.

This means I have only one usb, and, it is an input/output usb.

Should be working, but when I try the seiki method of powering off cable cord and that nothing happens. When I try the menu, 0 0 0 0, update USB, it says: No update file found. Tried everything, fat 32, several memory sticks...

Had anyone had the same problem, or any idea? Also some ideas from computer users on how to reduce mouse lag? I knew it would be ankward, but it is totally unbearable.

Thanks in advance
post #163 of 169 Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriol Jimenez View Post
I'm on the exact same situation. Have you found any solution?
Do you unzip the file and place the install .img file onto the flash drive?

I haven't done the firmware upgrade on my set yet because I'm not sure the firmware on the website is newer than my set.

I did notice however that their instructions neglected to mention to extract the .zip first so maybe that's an issue?

Family DVD Collection
Insider thread last question? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784, British Author
post #164 of 169 Unread 09-02-2014, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have been trying to update the firmware for a few days now, no luck. So basically i have four different usbs and tried formatting all of them in Fat, Fat32. For some reason when i navigate to the sw update menu, i get usb searching failure. Its like the file isnt reading, i can see the light on the usb flashing/basically searching... any help would be greatly appreciated...rrrr
post #165 of 169 Unread 09-03-2014, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2kay View Post
I have been trying to update the firmware for a few days now, no luck. So basically i have four different usbs and tried formatting all of them in Fat, Fat32. For some reason when i navigate to the sw update menu, i get usb searching failure. Its like the file isnt reading, i can see the light on the usb flashing/basically searching... any help would be greatly appreciated...rrrr
Sorry if is been mentioned before, but when you format to Fat32, do you deselect the "quick format" option?
post #166 of 169 Unread 09-03-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Fuzzy firmware instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2kay View Post
Do you extract the .zip contents first?

I haven't updated firmware to what was on the website because my set has a newer date listed (not sure if it's really newer though) but I read somewhere to extract the .zip first which the website instructions didn't mention.

Are you using the firmware posted on the Seiki website or the 'hacked' firmware updated posted in this thread?

Family DVD Collection
Insider thread last question? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784, British Author
post #167 of 169 Unread 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM

I have tried to format the drive both ways quick and without it. Also I have tried extracting the file to cpu first and vice versa. Here's a video of the torment I'm putting myself through. I really want to get this hack firmware installed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ccaRxqfE4gQ
post #168 of 169 Unread 09-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just like the comment at the youtube page, your menu and the standby LED are different than mine, and since it doesn't like that firmware, I assume its different than most people's. Besides convincing the retailer to swap yours out with an SE50UY04, the only thing I can think of is to scour the internet for someone who has your model and figured it all out. It sucks that this happened to you, man. Hope you get it sorted, cuz 1080p @ 120hz kicks butt.
post #169 of 169 Unread 09-06-2014, 10:43 AM

It has been confirmed via Facebook that the firmware update doesn't work with the 50 SE50UY04-1 version.... so buyers beware
Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread