Top HTPC monitor for gaming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering what brand/model is the flavor of the month as far as HTPC displays goes. Aiming for 47".

Standard HTPC rules apply: 4:4:4 chroma, 1:1 pixel, no overscan, defeatable sharpness filter, pass all of the lagom.nl tests, ultra low input latency, able to turn off all image processing.

LCD+LED is a must - anything else contributes to the heat problem I already have in my room, and I often do work on my HTPC so burn in would be a major concern otherwise.

Also is 3d worthwhile yet? (I don't want anything other than passive circular polarization if so.)

4K is up for my consideration as well given how close I sit to the display while gaming.

Anything new and improved just around the corner? (say within the year 2013).

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 AM

Liked: 12
I believe 30" is the largest for mainstream pc gaming monitors.

I was looking at some of the new "ultra" widescreen monitors, but they seem too small. LG ea93 but its only 1080p and not 120hz.

http://m.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-29EA93
post #3 of 4 Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I'm waiting for the Sharp 4K 32 inch IGZO monitor, hope it doesn't cost too much. Also keeping an eye on the $1300 Seiki 50" 4k monitor. I want big, high resolution, and above 30hz for gaming.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

I'm waiting for the Sharp 4K 32 inch IGZO monitor, hope it doesn't cost too much. Also keeping an eye on the $1300 Seiki 50" 4k monitor. I want big, high resolution, and above 30hz for gaming.

You don't want the Sharp monitor and you probably can't afford it since it's several thousand dollars. It's not what you think it is and you'll be disappointed with it. It's intended for other uses. The gaming monitors that everyone wishes they could have are the ones that are going to be out around two years from now. OLED and 4K at big sizes. Right now, the hardware is transitioning and everything is in flux.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page