Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell)! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell):

As a long-time Mortal Kombat fan, I can honestly say that I really enjoy this game! This is definitely the best post-realism MK title in the series. I play this game on my HTPC which does not have a GPU (only that of the CPU, a discrete-GPUless setup), and was able to arrive at settings that maintain a good visual quality and also run at 60 frames per second. Of course, first, I had to edit the two config files in order to actually boot into the game first.

All-in-all, this game is definitely worth the purchase, doggone, it's only $29.99 and on sale often! If you're still on the fence about this game, get off that fence and get your behind on Steam to purchase and download this great game!

Anyone else out there playing this game on an HTPC or laptop build/setup without a GPU (video card)?

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 679
I bought this but for some reason I can not register it with the code I received.. mad.gif

What other games you playing on your system ? You never added a GPU card ? What do you use for a controller with your HTPC ? Xbox controller ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I bought this but for some reason I can not register it with the code I received.. mad.gif

What other games you playing on your system ? You never added a GPU card ? What do you use for a controller with your HTPC ? Xbox controller ?

Various games, mostly newer ones just to see how they run on an HTPC. I do not plan on adding a video card, I have my triple-monitor rig for that. I've used both an Xbox 360 controller and a Dual Shock 2 controller on my HTPC. I found the Dual Shock 2 controller to work better with Mortal Kombat Komplete because it has separate buttons on the d-pad that allows for easier input when doing moves.

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page