Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-17-2013, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi!

I just put together my first HTPC and it went very well. Now looking to see if there are any options to be able to play old school video games on it, such as old console games and arcade classics? Is there any slick front-end out there that can do that? And any wireless controller options?

Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
You'll probably want to look into MAME for arcade classics, and there's loads of front ends for it. Also, plenty of console emulators for the other stuff, but it's a grey area and we don't really talk about that much around here.

Have you tried Steam? There's a good selection of old-school, and newly remastered old-school games on there. And Steam's Big Picture mode would probably work well on your new HTPC.

Wireless controller: the Windows version of the Xbox controller is pretty much the standard.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Look into Maximus Arcade, Hyperspin, MaLa, GameEX for front ends. My preference is Maximus Arcade, Hyperspin is slick but too busy for my taste.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page