AVS Forum banner

how to get an old game to a new computer? ;)

428 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnTrout 
#1 ·
Hey, I know it sounds hipster but I want to play Doom or some of my Nintendo games from the 90s so bad sometimes. Do you know how can I do it on my laptop? (Toshiba Satellite L300, Windows Vista)

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTrout  /t/1488538/how-to-get-an-old-game-to-a-new-computer#post_23687462

Hey, I know it sounds hipster but I want to play Doom or some of my Nintendo games from the 90s so bad sometimes. Do you know how can I do it on my laptop? (Toshiba Satellite L300, Windows Vista)

DOSBox, or Steam. The old games run fine when you buy and launch them from Steam. Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Heretic, etc. As for Nintendo, that's a legal grey area involving emulators that might not be ok to discuss here, not sure.

#5 ·
Hey, I forgot about the thread for 5 long months, wow. I should take something for memory.

Anyway, sorry for causing confusion - I didn't mean to discuss any illegal kinds of games. There are some emulators though, I browsed through some things, but I don't know which of the ways to play are fine and legal. I satisfied my nostalgic urge to play with some flash online games finally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.