Batman: Arkham Origins - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-26-2013, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Batman: Arkham Origins - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

Here's Batman: Arkham Origins, which runs very well on a triple-monitor setup! No extra work required such as config edits or software hacks. The game is fun and worth checking out, and, of course, the storyline is solid and very intriguing. You haven't bought it yet? biggrin.gif

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-28-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
It's fun, but something feels a little 'off' compared to the previous games in the series.

That of course just could be subconscious bias from knowing it's a new developer.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3 of 9 Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

It's fun, but something feels a little 'off' compared to the previous games in the series.

That of course just could be subconscious bias from knowing it's a new developer.

I find it rather fun. It could be that the balance of fighting, detective work, and secret items/discovery gameplay is different than previous iterations.

Here it is on a SFF Haswell build running Intel HD Graphics 4600!

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-31-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Yes, I'm enjoying Origins a lot too.

It's only real negative is it had to follow in the footsteps of two of the best all-time games IMO, because it's not the innovator of the previous two. But it improves the detective work, and the grading on the fights make me want to run into a bunch of thugs instead of avoid them. There's plenty of fun tasks to distract in the open world. And the story and voice acting are excellent, even if they aren't the cast from the previous games.

Overall, a very good solid gaming experience taken on it's own.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
just beat it on 360.. i had numerous glitches, it has been a long time since i have played a game with so many glitches, from enemies getting stuck in the wall and can't complete the level to the screen going black and having to hard reboot, multiple times at one point it kept locking up on me so many times i almost decided to quit. But i agree the game feels a little "off". Also there were multiple times where i wasn't quite sure where to go and that was never an issue in the past games....
post #6 of 9 Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

just beat it on 360.. i had numerous glitches,

That's actually good to hear. I've seen a few glitches on the PC version - once Batman disappeared after fast travel! eek.gif

Then there's this Enigma or Penguin Arms challenge (I forget which) that's in a small room - there's a computer to unlock with the decoder gadget, but then bars shut off the entrance, and the only exit seems to be a vent up high that Batman can reach with his repel gun, but he can't climb into the vent! mad.gif

I figured I was missing something - I turned on detective vision but didn't see anything in this small room but the vent. I wondered if maybe I need a gadget that hasn't been unlocked yet, but now I'm thinking this might be glitched?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

That's actually good to hear. I've seen a few glitches on the PC version - once Batman disappeared after fast travel! eek.gif

Then there's this Enigma or Penguin Arms challenge (I forget which) that's in a small room - there's a computer to unlock with the decoder gadget, but then bars shut off the entrance, and the only exit seems to be a vent up high that Batman can reach with his repel gun, but he can't climb into the vent! mad.gif

I figured I was missing something - I turned on detective vision but didn't see anything in this small room but the vent. I wondered if maybe I need a gadget that hasn't been unlocked yet, but now I'm thinking this might be glitched?

yup.. i would bet money on glitch.. it isn't a polished game at all..
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/fixes-incoming-for-batman-arkham-origins-problems
post #8 of 9 Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yup.. i would bet money on glitch.. it isn't a polished game at all..
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/fixes-incoming-for-batman-arkham-origins-problems

"It's noted that a PC fix is already out for these problems and one where some players were unable to make it through the vent in the Burnley tower."

That's the one!!! I'm going to try that puzzle again tonight. EDIT: it's fixed now - huzzah! smile.gif

post #9 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just came across a game breaking glitch while on New Game Plus on PC. After defeating Bird in the My Alibi club, the walls of the level started blacking out and I couldn't navigate my way out. So I reloaded the game. Now I always start the game in a black space in an endless freefall. mad.gif
Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Batman Arkham Origins

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page