post #451 of 574 Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonSoul View Post

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/10/old-battlefield-games-will-survive-the-gamespy-shutdown/

Perhaps some good news?

Also, strange how this article says that they're working on it, but predates the IGN article by a month. Not sure what to make of that.

Lol, seriously? Make of that that they knew Gamespy was going to close. It's not like EA found out that GS was shutting it's doors just like we did with an article published on some weekday afternoon like it was some surprise. wink.gif

Except for some of the older BF series there is nothing on this list of games losing servers that are worth caring about. I'm not worried. EA had GS handle the multiplayer for those games and it's a shame but they are old as hell.

Honestly Gamespy always really sucked so this isn't the worst thing in the world to happen. tongue.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 574 Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding HDTV's that can/cannot support 4:4:4 Chroma and next-gen console gaming (specifically the PS4/Xbox One). Now that the next-gen consoles that are out are built more similarly to a PC, would I need a HDTV that can support 4:4:4 chroma to get the optimal PS4/Xbox One image? Is the difference in picture quality of next-gen console gaming on a 4:4:4 HDTV and a non-4:4:4 HDTV that noticeable? Thank you for the help, it's much appreciated!

post #453 of 574 Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
You may want to post your question in the following thread to get a high quality response from a lot of people discussing this topic on AVS. Even though I'm sure several very knowledgeable sources will wade in and assit you on this thread too.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread
NadSoori likes this.
post #454 of 574 Old 05-15-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

That being said, I'll be getting the ML07 as soon as I possibly can, it's the style of case I've wanted for a long time.

For what it's worth, this case is now available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163256

I just need to figure out a good spot to drill a hole for an IR receiver when I get it. biggrin.gif

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #455 of 574 Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
That looks like a really nice case, especially with the low profile and riser. Please give us some feedback and thoughts when you have it assembled.
post #456 of 574 Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
The thermals with the case should be excellent as well. Cable management would be especially good and easy with a motherboard like the MSI Z97I, which has the most ideal placement of connectors in my opinion.
post #457 of 574 Old 05-18-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

You may want to post your question in the following thread to get a high quality response from a lot of people discussing this topic on AVS. Even though I'm sure several very knowledgeable sources will wade in and assit you on this thread too.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread

Thanks for the heads up! I posted this in that thread and got some valuable responses.

post #458 of 574 Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI, since someone asked about it, I just finished moving my build to the ML07 I posted about earlier.

i7-4770S (Noctua LH-9 cooler), GTX 780, Z87E-ITX, 16GB RAM, 256GB Plextor mSATA, 1TB Crucial 2.5".

http://imgur.com/a/FdLvz

Main thought is I really like the layout, but it's ridiculous how much of a rat's nest of cables it ends up being. I haven't done any crazy load testing yet, but at idle the CPU temp is 25C. I haven't seen it crack 40C yet, but like I said, haven't done any extended load testing.

I also think I need shorter wifi antennas now (and also need to rearrange some of my other equipment). biggrin.gif I did drill a small hole through the case to mount an IR receiver to. The area I drilled through is sort of double walled (plastic and then steel) so the receiver isn't as close to the opening as I might like, but it's still working really well.

Edit: Ran half an hour of simultaneous Furmark and Prime95. Maximum CPU temperature hit 62C. GPU temperature hit 85C, so I'll probably look into better fans for underneath the GPU.

post #459 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 AM

Echoing those before me, "Boy am I glad I found this thread". I've read the whole thread and I've gone over the "How to Build a PC" video posted by someone recommending Easy PC Builder. After going through that and reading the post I think this is something I can do. I've known I've wanted to do it for a while, but I've just been too intimidated of building a PC myself. Before posting my parts picker along with some questions, I thought it best to put a few things out there about what I'm looking to do so I can get the best advice from the folks on this forum. I've been a console gamer for a long time (PS3, no Xbox). After seeing a friend play BF4 on a PC, I know that's what I want to do. I was one of the unlucky ones trying to play Skyrim on PS3. It's just a mess and I still really want to experience that game. I want to sit on my couch with a gamepad playing Skyrim on a 60" plasma with a few mods and have my jaw drop with amazing graphics and 7.1 surround. I'll still want to go PS4 for the exclusives (love Naughty Dog), but otherwise I want to make that jump. What intimidates me the most at this point is actually getting the PC setup after the build. I install my own car stereos, HT setup, and do my own calibration, but I've never done anything on a PC down to BIOS and what not; nor have I ever started a PC without all the software already installed by someone else/ factory. To be honest, after reading all this it's getting from the completed assembly to actually playing a game that worries me the most.eek.gif That said, I've taken a spin through part picker and I think I have a rig that should be on the low end of the $2k to $2.5K range: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tjacks84/saved/4NMj.

I have a few questions and I'll start with the stupid ones first (stupid as in I'm not sure so it would be irretrievably stupid not to ask).

1. When building a PC, is it necessary to buy the wireless card and sound card? I'll want to go through my AVR, use Steam, and have full uncompressed 7.1 surround like I do on my console. The sound is very important to me, too. Is this something I shouldn't worry about with the components selected? What sort of stuff should I look for in those components if I do need to get those to do what I want to do?
2. I selected 16GB RAM, but the board I'm using can go up to 32. Should I make that jump or would it not really matter using one GPU?
3. Generally speaking, I used the ratings filter on the components and went with what I thought made sense. Does anyone see anything on this build that screams, "Wait! Don't do that!"?
4. I can go a little higher on cost, but knowing myself, if I really like this, I'll want to do it again sooner than later. Thus, I figured go for a solid high end rig, but didn't try to future proof it. Is there any particular component in this part picker that anyone would urge spending just a little more on to get back appreciable performance boosts?
5. Conversely, is anything overkill in this and I could save some cash by stepping down without sacrificing performance (see #2 above)?
6. How do I go about firing this up once built and get everything up and running with all the components "playing nice together" so I can start gaming? Would the manuals on Easy PC Builder prove very useful for this or is just for the hardware end?

As a rookie to this whole thing, I am anxious and apprehensive to do this, but I know going through the DIY efforts will be rewarding. I know my systems and car stereo better than anyone, because I selected everything and installed it myself. I want that feeling on this as well, so any advice, pointers, and further suggested reference material is most appreciated.
post #460 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

You need to fix your link. There's a "permalink" button right below system build that you should be using instead.

post #461 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacks84 View Post

Echoing those before me, "Boy am I glad I found this thread". I've read the whole thread and I've gone over the "How to Build a PC" video posted by someone recommending Easy PC Builder. After going through that and reading the post I think this is something I can do. I've known I've wanted to do it for a while, but I've just been too intimidated of building a PC myself. Before posting my parts picker along with some questions, I thought it best to put a few things out there about what I'm looking to do so I can get the best advice from the folks on this forum. I've been a console gamer for a long time (PS3, no Xbox). After seeing a friend play BF4 on a PC, I know that's what I want to do. I was one of the unlucky ones trying to play Skyrim on PS3. It's just a mess and I still really want to experience that game. I want to sit on my couch with a gamepad playing Skyrim on a 60" plasma with a few mods and have my jaw drop with amazing graphics and 7.1 surround. I'll still want to go PS4 for the exclusives (love Naughty Dog), but otherwise I want to make that jump. What intimidates me the most at this point is actually getting the PC setup after the build. I install my own car stereos, HT setup, and do my own calibration, but I've never done anything on a PC down to BIOS and what not; nor have I ever started a PC without all the software already installed by someone else/ factory. To be honest, after reading all this it's getting from the completed assembly to actually playing a game that worries me the most.eek.gif That said, I've taken a spin through part picker and I think I have a rig that should be on the low end of the $2k to $2.5K range: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/.

I have a few questions and I'll start with the stupid ones first (stupid as in I'm not sure so it would be irretrievably stupid not to ask).

1. When building a PC, is it necessary to buy the wireless card and sound card? I'll want to go through my AVR, use Steam, and have full uncompressed 7.1 surround like I do on my console. The sound is very important to me, too. Is this something I shouldn't worry about with the components selected? What sort of stuff should I look for in those components if I do need to get those to do what I want to do?
2. I selected 16GB RAM, but the board I'm using can go up to 32. Should I make that jump or would it not really matter using one GPU?
3. Generally speaking, I used the ratings filter on the components and went with what I thought made sense. Does anyone see anything on this build that screams, "Wait! Don't do that!"?
4. I can go a little higher on cost, but knowing myself, if I really like this, I'll want to do it again sooner than later. Thus, I figured go for a solid high end rig, but didn't try to future proof it. Is there any particular component in this part picker that anyone would urge spending just a little more on to get back appreciable performance boosts?
5. Conversely, is anything overkill in this and I could save some cash by stepping down without sacrificing performance (see #2 above)?
6. How do I go about firing this up once built and get everything up and running with all the components "playing nice together" so I can start gaming? Would the manuals on Easy PC Builder prove very useful for this or is just for the hardware end?

As a rookie to this whole thing, I am anxious and apprehensive to do this, but I know going through the DIY efforts will be rewarding. I know my systems and car stereo better than anyone, because I selected everything and installed it myself. I want that feeling on this as well, so any advice, pointers, and further suggested reference material is most appreciated.

Without being able to see your build....

If you're going through an AVR, you don't need a sound card. You won't even be using the one on your motherboard...everything is straight digital through the video card.

16GB is the standard amount I'd recommend to someone building today. 32GB is overkill....the other 16GB do much except act as an ultra fast disk cache. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, especially if you're as averse to load times as I am (I use 24GB)...but if you wanted to save some dough that's an easy cut.

As far as building it goes... 95% of it is just putting everything into the only slot it fits. There's nothing to be apprehensive about. Almost everything is designed so that you couldn't do it wrong if you wanted to.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #462 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Whoops! Sorry about that. I revised the link in my post. For ease... I hope and think... http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tjacks84/saved/4NMj
post #463 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Whoops! Sorry about that. I revised the link in my post. For ease... I hope and think... http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tjacks84/saved/4NMj

Def don't pull the trigger yet...the 4770K's replacement is coming early June, and it's a significant upgrade. You'll also want a z97 board to go with it (it's comparably priced to z87)....they just came out.

Beyond that I'm assuming you're planning on eventually overclocking the hell out of it, otherwise the cooling gear is massive overkill. Everything else is fine, although know that the GTX 780 is overdue for a replacement as well, but that could be months away. I'm personally holding off on GPU upgrades until then, but the 780 is a hell of a card and will be for while yet. Just don't buy the CPU...the release of the 4790K is expected to be around June 2.

post #464 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 04:56 PM

Thanks. I've already made that change and I can definitely wait a few days; it's been months since I started thinking about it so a few days won't hurt at all. As far as overclocking is concerned, I didn't even really know what that was until recently. I'm thinking that's probably more than I should mess with being a noob. Thus, if the cooler is overkill, any suggestions would be awesome. Also, I was hoping for that answer on the sound card. Am I as lucky on the wireless card? It's not a killer or anything; I just don't want to get it if it's redundant to another component, but if isn't I want to make sure I have everything to get started. Thanks db2003!!!
post #465 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks. I've already made that change and I can definitely wait a few days; it's been months since I started thinking about it so a few days won't hurt at all. As far as overclocking is concerned, I didn't even really know what that was until recently. I'm thinking that's probably more than I should mess with being a noob. Thus, if the cooler is overkill, any suggestions would be awesome. Also, I was hoping for that answer on the sound card. Am I as lucky on the wireless card? It's not a killer or anything; I just don't want to get it if it's redundant to another component, but if isn't I want to make sure I have everything to get started. Thanks db2003!!!

I don't see a wireless card in your build. If you're using wired ethernet (highly recommended) I see no reason why you need a wireless card at all. 

As far as the cooler goes, the case comes with more than enough fans that you don't need to buy any more. The stock CPU cooler will also be fine if you're not overclocking. But I'd spend the $10 or so on an Arctic alpine 11 plus, which should keep it a little cooler and much quieter. Again, this is only if you never want to OC (which isnt terribly hard either nowadays). If you want something a little nicer for your CPU that'll support plenty of overclocking, the Coolermaster EVO 212 is a good choice for like 35 bucks. That corsair water cooler is nice, but its the kind of thing where if you have to ask whether you need it....you definitely don't need it.

post #466 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
bd2003 is right about your network connection, go wired if possible. However, the mobo I bought, Asus z87 Pro came with a wireless adapter. I'm not using it, but it's pretty clever. It plugs into a dedicated port on the mobo from the back of the case and has a magnetic base so you can attach it anywhere on your steel case.

Playing with a BIOS nowadays is nothing to be afraid of either. You will likely have different profiles you can choose from to tinker until your hearts content w/o any real risk of turning your cpu into a $300 paperweight.
post #467 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post

bd2003 is right about your network connection, go wired if possible. However, the mobo I bought, Asus z87 Pro came with a wireless adapter. I'm not using it, but it's pretty clever. It plugs into a dedicated port on the mobo from the back of the case and has a magnetic base so you can attach it anywhere on your steel case.

Playing with a BIOS nowadays is nothing to be afraid of either. You will likely have different profiles you can choose from to tinker until your hearts content w/o any real risk of turning your cpu into a $300 paperweight.

Most motherboards you can just download an application and just click one button to set up a pretty good OC. Get it built first though, worry about that later.

post #468 of 574 Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I can vouch for the Cooler Master EVO 212, my i5 never gets over 50c gaming. (no OC on my CPU)

post #469 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:

Nothing to add to bd's solid advice - it looks like a killer rig, and will probably be even moreso when the new CPUs are available. If it doen't kill the budget.

Speaking of budget, that video card is a bit on the extreme side. If you need to shave dollars off, there's probably some cards with better bang-for-buck to consider. But if budget isn't a worry, nice. smile.gif

Building isn't tricky because it's mostly plug and play if you take it slow. I recommend checking YouTube for videos on installing the various parts - especially the EVO 212, which works great in my system too. Just remember if the first boot-up isn't successful, don't panic. A card might not be seated well, a power or data cable might have pulled loose, or any of dozens of things. Double checking and sometimes removing and re-installing things usually solves it. If you are still stuck, Google is your friend.

And for playing on the couch, keep in mind you'll need some mouse+keyboard control at times. Mostly operating Windows, but an occasional game setup too. You mentioned BF4, and the PC versions of Battlefield games don't have the best gamepad support. Most games run great with a wired or wireless X360 gamepad (preferred), but military shooters and older Bioware games are often the exception. Gamepad support on PC titles continues to improve, but it's not 100% yet. Something to keep in mind.

I think you'll be proud of your rig, and will take to the PC building hobby. Good luck - any questions, ask away!

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #470 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd suggest watching a bunch of videos of the CPU being seated first too. That's the one place where there can be catastrophic issues.

post #471 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

And for playing on the couch, keep in mind you'll need some mouse+keyboard control at times. Mostly operating Windows, but an occasional game setup too. You mentioned BF4, and the PC versions of Battlefield games don't have the best gamepad support. Most games run great with a wired or wireless X360 gamepad (preferred), but military shooters and older Bioware games are often the exception. Gamepad support on PC titles continues to improve, but it's not 100% yet. Something to keep in mind.

I think you'll be proud of your rig, and will take to the PC building hobby. Good luck - any questions, ask away!

Yeah, I played Bioshock: Infinity entirely from the couch w/ the 360 controller. It was great. The only time I used the mouse was to enter big picture mode on steam. For PC games that do have good controller function, the only potential issue is text size. I'm sitting 12' away from a 55" plasma and there were 1 or 2 context menus I had to stand up to read.

I can also tell you, tjacks, the hdmi out on your video card handles audio perfectly. I'm running a 5.1 setup through an AVR and have no complaints.
post #472 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Are you considering going to a 4K TV in the future? That GTX 780 you picked has a max resolution of only 2560 x 1600 (not 3840 x 2160), so keep that in mind.

Also, I can't find the minimum required amperage for this video card. I can usually find it on the mfgr's site, but they don't go into that. It just says "600W" which is scary to me.

My way-cheaper MSI GTX 760 requires 30A (although it ran just fine on 24A). The pcpartpicker link decided to not work for me the second time, but I think the power supply you have on there has all the 12v rails at 20A.

Can someone else give this a look? I may be wrong.

post #473 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks, DaverJ. I went with that video card as it seemed to be a close match to the one Marafice Eye cited in his first post on this thread. I figured perhaps that should be a safe jumping off point, so to speak. I would welcome any recommendations. I thought it a bit pricey compared to other items, but I also thought it would be a safe one to go with considering the source post. Cost isn't a huge issue as long as I stay in the $2k to $2.5k range, though I'm not looking to be frivilous. I figure I'll need to get a wireless keyboard and mouse too, but I don't think I'll be spending big on that knowing I want to use a gamepad primarily. The EVGA 04G-P4-3778-KR caught my eye in a ratings sort. it's about $200 cheaper, 4 GB to boot. That's a GeForce 770 as opposed to the 3GB 780 I have in my saved list now. Would that be better value and performance over the one one I have selected now? Again, I figured this is one of the most important things to get right considering the purpose for the PC, but if folks on this board recommend differently, I'm going to listen to the folks that have done it and lived it. I'm not looking to future proof, but I want to feel I've got a rig that will last a few years without straining.
post #474 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 02:40 PM

Thanks, Sheep! That's great to know. I want great sound to go with the picture. You and BD have eased my mind on that one.
post #475 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I'd suggest watching a bunch of videos of the CPU being seated first too. That's the one place where there can be catastrophic issues.

Thanks. That's the part on the Easy PC Builder website I watched several times prior to my first post. I also have a buddy in the field that can help watch over me, but I really want to do this myself. Appreciate the admonition. I'll be sure to watch some others before i actually do anything. At this point, I'm going to wait another week or two for the CPU that BD2003 recommended.
post #476 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessFace View Post

Are you considering going to a 4K TV in the future? That GTX 780 you picked has a max resolution of only 2560 x 1600 (not 3840 x 2160), so keep that in mind.

Also, I can't find the minimum required amperage for this video card. I can usually find it on the mfgr's site, but they don't go into that. It just says "600W" which is scary to me.
My way-cheaper MSI GTX 760 requires 30A (although it ran just fine on 24A). The pcpartpicker link decided to not work for me the second time, but I think the power supply you have on there has all the 12v rails at 20A.

Can someone else give this a look? I may be wrong.

They have video cards that do 4K? There's no PC games that have 4K res are there?

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #477 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

They have video cards that do 4K? There's no PC games that have 4K res are there?
There's quite a few modern games that currently can, here's a list of some of them.

GPU's from both NVidia and AMD can do 4K. There's even a hack to run Crysis 3 in 8K. eek.gif
TeflonSoul likes this.

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #478 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

There's quite a few modern games that currently can, here's a list of some of them.

GPU's from both NVidia and AMD can do 4K. There's even a hack to run Crysis 3 in 8K. eek.gif

Wow, those screenshots look pretty good(and on popular games too). I'm gonna try n hold out til 2016 when 4K displays are more affordable and the HDMI 2.0 spec is solidified.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #479 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Someone built one and posted specs for their build.

http://kotaku.com/i-built-a-4k-ultra-hd-gaming-pc-and-i-love-it-1564135136

Gefore GTX 650 Ti is more or less a reference video card to get 4k resolutions going, but good luck running games at that resolution. You pretty much need the fastest video cards out there. Radeon R9 or a TITAN, and that's for decent performance. I believe they needed two R9 290x cards in Crossfire to get good framerates for Bioshock Infinite in the article linked above.

post #480 of 574 Old 05-26-2014, 06:38 PM

Joined after reading through this thread, this is my build idea:

[url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3RyOJ]PCPartPicker part list[/url] / [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3RyOJ/by_merchant/]Price breakdown by merchant[/url] / [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3RyOJ/benchmarks/]Benchmarks[/url]

[b]CPU:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54670k]Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor[/url]  ($223.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
[b]CPU Cooler:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2]Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler[/url]  ($29.94 @ OutletPC) 
[b]Motherboard:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87g45gaming]MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard[/url]  ($133.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
[b]Memory:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c9d16gxm]G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory[/url]  ($140.25 @ Newegg) 
[b]Storage:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te120bw]Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk[/url]  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 
[b]Storage:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003]Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive[/url]  ($54.43 @ OutletPC) 
[b]Video Card:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn75twf2oc2gi]Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card[/url]  ($147.99 @ Newegg) 
[b]Case:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefr4bl]Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case[/url]  ($99.99 @ Micro Center) 
[b]Power Supply:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600m]Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply[/url]  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
[b]Optical Drive:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-optical-drive-wh14ns40]LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer[/url]  ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
[b]Operating System:[/b]  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/microsoft-os-gfc02050]Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)[/url]  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
[b]Total:[/b] $1123.50
[i](Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)[/i]
[i](Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-26 21:29 EDT-0400)[/i]

Not really hyped on the price, only things I know I want is the CPU, the GPU (simply because I have a monitor on my coffee table and to my TV both HDMI). Doing this build because I eventually will be doing a cablecard setup, and of course get into PC gaming. The case is nice, and I'm going to have it hidden away in the corner under an end table. I have no idea exactly what I need otherwise.

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page