Battlefield 4 (release) on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Battlefield 4 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

Here's Battlefield 4 single player campaign gameplay running mostly Ultra settings across a triple-monitor setup!

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-04-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth View Post

Battlefield 4 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

Here's Battlefield 4 single player campaign gameplay running mostly Ultra settings across a triple-monitor setup!

Nice post UrbanSmooth. I'm buying another Asus HD 7870 and Dell S2240M over the holidays to do exactly the same with dual monitors. I just wish there was a way to lose the bezels. I may even try a mirrored slice of tape in the middle to cover them.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Nice post UrbanSmooth. I'm buying another Asus HD 7870 and Dell S2240M over the holidays to do exactly the same with dual monitors. I just wish there was a way to lose the bezels. I may even try a mirrored slice of tape in the middle to cover them.

First, Go Badgers!!

Are you going to be running this on a dual-monitor setup, or a triple-monitor setup? A dual monitor setup if stupid because the bezel is right there in your face. On a triple-monitor setup, the bezels are off to the sides and blend into your peripheral vision when you're focused on the action.
barrelbelly likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Nice setup.

I personally refuse to go to multiple monitors until they can get the bezels to almost non-existent.
barrelbelly likes this.

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #5 of 11 Old 11-10-2013, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeran View Post

Nice setup.

I personally refuse to go to multiple monitors until they can get the bezels to almost non-existent.

My friend, there is something called 'debezelling' that I think that you should look into. cool.gif

post #6 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My friend, there is something called 'debezelling' that I think that you should look into. cool.gif

I am aware of the debezeling that is possible with PC monitors but I have always been under the impression that when you debezel you then have more issues with light bleeding and such.

This is about as nice as I have seen online, which was found by going to google and searching "Debezeled PC Monitors"

https://www.google.com/search?q=monitor+debezeling&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ifyAUrS4JargiALlwoDIDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=895#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=debezeled+PC+monitors&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ydkyVgCF6rIQuM%3A%3Bw2Y8OkYuQ6H70M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi119.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fo139%252Fcallsign_vega%252FSANY00062.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fforums.bit-tech.net%252Fshowthread.php%253Fp%253D3104806%3B800%3B600

We will see what happens to my setup for now, the monitors are very low on my priority list as I have a massive case that is begging for some watercooling that I cant afford to slap in it just yet.

post #7 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

First, Go Badgers!!

Are you going to be running this on a dual-monitor setup, or a triple-monitor setup? A dual monitor setup if stupid because the bezel is right there in your face. On a triple-monitor setup, the bezels are off to the sides and blend into your peripheral vision when you're focused on the action.

Nah...I actually changed my mind because of the reasons you stated above. And I didn't want to go with 3 monitors. Especially since I'm going down the Oculus Rift path whenever it launches in 2014. So I will just stick with what I have now and upgrade my Asus HD7870 GPU later...if I think it makes any sense (or difference). I want to get some actual user feedback about the AMD 290 from guys like JoeBlow and other AMD fans first.

Go Badgers! Also love how underwhelming Bieleima has been at Arkansas. Poetic Justice. He may not last long with the Razorbacks.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm really concerned about motion sickness with the Oculus Rift but I do think it would be a heck of alot of fun up to the point of vomit!

I think the Steam Controller will also make it alot easier to play games with that headset as trying to find keys, atleast in some games, could be a challenge with the Rift.
barrelbelly likes this.

post #9 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimeran View Post

I'm really concerned about motion sickness with the Oculus Rift but I do think it would be a heck of alot of fun up to the point of vomit!

I think the Steam Controller will also make it alot easier to play games with that headset as trying to find keys, atleast in some games, could be a challenge with the Rift.

I'm not really concerned about the motion sickness. But I think they sure better have that part nailed down before launch. I have a lot of confidence that top guns like John Carmack and the Valve folks will help them fix that. And the latest news suggest they have. For people that are sensitive to it...I suspect it will be a recurring issue. Because game developers will not back off on building adrenaline rush into their games. They will just have to be more aware of how they space and place those features in VR games. I read in an article on the OR thread that the motion sickness is more a function of ported 2D games that were not designed or paced properly for VR. I totally agree with you about the Steam Controller. Even though OR is working very closely with Razer on Controller designs (dual Wielding). I posted the early prototypes on the OR thread awhile ago. Very exciting concepts...and could really be awesome with FPS' like BF4.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree, if there was one game to play with the OR right now I think it would be BF4.

It'll present some interesting challenges for other game designs. For instance, in the part of Bioshock Infinite that they always show in reviews where something collapses and you and the girl that you are supposed to protect start to free fall...I imagine that there could be an issue with losing where you are if they dont lock in the view in those kinds of scenes....

One game that I think looks like it would also be good with the Rift is Destiny...but that isnt coming to PC for now...and I say that because of the power ups and stuff...Star Citizen will also be good but I have only see 3rd person views of that game except for those few that are in-cockpit.
barrelbelly likes this.

post #11 of 11 Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Nah...I actually changed my mind because of the reasons you stated above. And I didn't want to go with 3 monitors. Especially since I'm going down the Oculus Rift path whenever it launches in 2014. So I will just stick with what I have now and upgrade my Asus HD7870 GPU later...if I think it makes any sense (or difference). I want to get some actual user feedback about the AMD 290 from guys like JoeBlow and other AMD fans first.

Go Badgers! Also love how underwhelming Bieleima has been at Arkansas. Poetic Justice. He may not last long with the Razorbacks.

I haven't even kept up with Bieleima. I'm hoping the Badgers can make another run at the Rose Bowl.

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Battlefield 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page