X Rebirth, increadible looking new game - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Haven't seen a single ad for this game so i thought i'd post this here to give it some support. I guess they've spent 7 years making it. Hoping theres not a huge catch, but if it plays as good as it looks........eek.gif

Should be fixed for perfect 3D by the 3D community since its DirectX 9. That is going to look simply amazing. I think 4k is going to be needed to bring out all the far away details.
barrelbelly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-12-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The X-series is one series I'm very much looking forward to playing at 4K in a few years. I've loved X ever since the first game came out because they really are cinematic space epics. No other game has come close to replicating that feel except maybe Homeworld.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Awesome! I'll most definitely snag that one. Reminds me a little bit of what I'd imagine a post Mass Effect 3 world to look like for awhile. The game seems to be allowing you to play the role of "Shadow Broker" as big or small as you want. When does it release?
post #4 of 8 Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Three more days.
barrelbelly likes this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #5 of 8 Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is the official link to this game. http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_en.php

The more I read & see about this game. The more I like it. It reminds me of several games I really love. The commerce aspects remind me of Fable. It sort of looks like Fable in Space from that standpoint. The combat, energy and universal interaction physics remind me of Mass Effect. Except Egosoft seemed to nail it. The exploration aspects of it reminds me of MYST. So I am really excited about trying it. I haven't tried any earlier version. But if I like it. I will surely circle back. I hope this game provides the excellent experience I'm seeking to bridge me to the next Mass Effect.

Thanks Tory for arousing my interest in this. I had seen X in closeout bins. But never bought it. I'll grab it on my next visit to Micro Center if its still there. Otherwise, I'll download both from Steam.

On a simpler note...How did MS miss not locking up an exclusive port of this entire series for the Xbox One Launch?

Edit

Major embarrassment! After pouring through my backlog of games...I discovered that I actually own X3 Reunion. I snagged it in July from Micro Center ($1.99), when I was building my Game PC. Just had not got around to playing it. But Tory's video above has inspired me to give it a run. I'll talk about it on this thread since it is the only one on the Forum about X. But after looking at the videos for X Rebirth on the link, I am intrigued about jumping right to it on Steam. So question for anyone who has played X. Would you play Reunion first? Or circle back to it after playing X Rebirth?
post #6 of 8 Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

So what's the verdict on this game...if anyone has played it? I saw it in BB today and thought about buying it. But thought it better to check here first. Can you use the Xbox 360 Controller with it? Or is the controller as difficult to setup as with X3 Reunion?
post #7 of 8 Old 02-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I rarely put much stock in metacritic, but this looks BAD, unfortunately, based on current consensus: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/x-rebirth

Then again, a lot of the negative comments talk about it being released too soon, so give it some time and maybe it will turn itself around.

Trailer has tons of potential. I'd love to play a demo.

"You can observe a lot just by watchin'." - Yogi Berra

2014 HTPC/Gaming Rig:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1515381/new-htpc-gaming-rig

post #8 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Man I wish they spent money on a better narrator for that video. Dude is extremely cheesy. LOL

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page