Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 11-16-2013, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you:

\Project\ Triple Surround Fury
***The Extreme, Custom-Built, Overclocked, Water-Cooled, Triple-Radiator, Dual-Loop, Dual-PSU, Triple-Monitor Gaming POWERHOUSE!***

900x900px-LL-3a51cbc0_20130410_173752.jpeg

[/center]

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
U5olYpp.jpg
(Click for media)

Battlefield 4 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
PUAmVUH.jpg
(Click for media)

Batman: Arkham Origins - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
NUx4J1l.jpg
(Click for media)

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
iQliP9F.jpg
(Click for media)

Age of Empires Online - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
vjpSdWu.jpg
(Click for media)

Google Earth - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
5w02Czl.jpg
(Click for media)

Heaven Benchmark 4.0 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
W49RpSR.jpg
(Click for media)

Valley Benchmark 1.0 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
uRnRJj5.jpg
(Click for media)

Components:
•Case: Mountain Mods Ascension
•CPU: Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz
•Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme
•RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz (6-8-6-24-1T)
•GPUs: (3)PNY GTX 670 2GB 3-Way SLI *New*
•PSUs: (2)Corsair HX1000 1000W
•Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe
•Cans: Sennheiser HD 558 *New*
•SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
•Optical: ASUS DVD R/W Combo Drive
•LCDs: (3)ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 in Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
•KB: Max Nighthawk X8 Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
•Mouse: Logitech MX518 1800 DPI

Water Cooling:
•EK Supreme HF CPU block (plate #1)
•EK-FB-RE3 mobo block
•(2)Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 reservoir
•(2)Laing D5 vario / MCP655 B pump
•(2)EK-D5 X-TOP Rev. 2 pump top
•(3)XSPC RX360 radiator
•(3)XSPC Razor GTX670 water block
•Feser UV Caribbean Blue 1/2" ID tubing
•Bitspower silver compression fittings
•Arctic Cooling MX-2 thermal compound
•(14)Yate Loon High Speed Blue LED 120mm fan
•Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme Black 6-channel fan controller

CPU/Mobo Loop (in loop order):
•Swiftech MCRES v2
•Laing D5 vario / MCP655 B pump (setting #5)
•XSPC RX360 radiator
•EK-FB R3E mobo block
•EK Supreme HF CPU block (plate #1)
•(via Feser UV Caribbean Blue limited edition tubing)

GPU Loop (in loop order):
•Swiftech MCRES v2
•Laing D5 vario / MCP655 B pump (setting #5)
•XSPC RX360 radiator
•(3)XSPC Razor GTX670 full coverage blocks
•XSPC RX360 radiator
•(via Feser UV Caribbean Blue limited edition tubing)

Other Components:
•(2)Logisys 12" UV Meteor Light Kit
•(2)XTracPads Ripper XXL mouse pad
•Koolance 4-Fan Wiring Harness (sleeved)
•Belkin 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Surge Protector
•Bestar Prestige 72" Bordeaux & Graphite Hutch
•Bestar Prestige 72" Bordeaux & Graphite Credenza
•Cheap, yet effective desk chair

Gaming on this setup is very immersive and lots of fun! For those of you that have always wanted to build a setup like this, or are just curious, I highly recommend it! What are you doing just sitting there, or standing over someone's shoulder looking at this? GET A MOVE ON!! There are extra monitors and GPUs to be bought! biggrin.gif
barrelbelly likes this.

WANTED: 16:10 120Hz monitors for triple surround gaming/Google Earth browsing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Very impressive!. And it looks like a ton of fun. I'm gonna wait for Oculus Rift though before I plunge into that world with you. There may not be a need if OR is all I think it will be for 2D and VR games. But I may indeed buy a big 39"-50" Seiku HDTV to use as a main monitor to mate up with OR. 2014 is really shaping up to be a fantastic year in PC game world. Your system and MaraficeEye's new build are great examples of the fun to be mined in our hobby.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

Very impressive!. And it looks like a ton of fun. I'm gonna wait for Oculus Rift though before I plunge into that world with you. There may not be a need if OR is all I think it will be for 2D and VR games. But I may indeed buy a big 39"-50" Seiku HDTV to use as a main monitor to mate up with OR. 2014 is really shaping up to be a fantastic year in PC game world. Your system and MaraficeEye's new build are great examples of the fun to be mined in our hobby.

Please link me to this other build that you speak of. I am curious.

post #4 of 20 Old 11-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
He's talking about my build from the Ultimate Rig Contest on OCN. Which is nowhere near as insane as yours lol. Though I will have a 1440p monitor soon, once I get the non-broken one shipped lol.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1429050/build-log-white-vengeance-july-urc-win

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- All gamertags listed there -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #5 of 20 Old 11-26-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth View Post

Please link me to this other build that you speak of. I am curious.

Marafice Eye responded to your request directly. He is also running a multi monitor system. And when PRYSM finally get around to launching its 4" thick consumer monitor panels...I'll do the exact same thing. That technology eliminates bezels. Is on par visually OLED...and better on energy efficiency. They really do need to license this exciting technology to home display monitor partners such as Mitsubishi...LG...even Dell. I've seen the 250" PRYSM display wall. And it is breathtaking! You can even see the junctions where the panels merge. Your system would look stunning with them if they were available.

http://www.prysm.com/technology/lpd-benefits/
post #6 of 20 Old 11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I am running multimon, but not Surround like Smooth is. All three of my monitors are diff sizes and resolutions. I use them for multitasking and things like that.

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #7 of 20 Old 12-14-2013, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

http://www.prysm.com/technology/lpd-benefits/

I would like to see individual SKUs from them.

post #8 of 20 Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Unigine Tropics Benchmark 1.3 - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

post #9 of 20 Old 12-15-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would like to see individual SKUs from them.

I'm disappointed that They have nor made consumer monitor grade SKU's too. Or at least licensed the technology to a partner who would. It was a pretty hot rumor 1 year ago (2012) that they were partnering with Mitsubishi for the consumer side. I hope something like that still happens. Because that is killer technology. You wouldn't even see those seams with their panels. But they just have way too much depth/bulk right now. Even though they're not very heavy. The benefits are just so compelling. Color fidelity, richness, inky blacks and Image depth of CRT...Plasma...OLED. Sharpness, contrast and detail of OLED & LCD. Unrivaled Eco friendly footprint and energy savings. Right now the only downside is their dimensions. Which they loudly claimed a few years back, could be reduced to the thickness of Big LCD panels circa 2010-2011. That's about 2-4 inches thick...which is just fine with me.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm disappointed that They have nor made consumer monitor grade SKU's too. Or at least licensed the technology to a partner who would. It was a pretty hot rumor 1 year ago (2012) that they were partnering with Mitsubishi for the consumer side. I hope something like that still happens. Because that is killer technology. You wouldn't even see those seams with their panels. But they just have way too much depth/bulk right now. Even though they're not very heavy. The benefits are just so compelling. Color fidelity, richness, inky blacks and Image depth of CRT...Plasma...OLED. Sharpness, contrast and detail of OLED & LCD. Unrivaled Eco friendly footprint and energy savings. Right now the only downside is their dimensions. Which they loudly claimed a few years back, could be reduced to the thickness of Big LCD panels circa 2010-2011. That's about 2-4 inches thick...which is just fine with me.

As long as a VESA mount can hold them in place, what's the big deal? cool.gif

post #11 of 20 Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As long as a VESA mount can hold them in place, what's the big deal? cool.gif

True if one is not bothered by thickness. But I don't want CRT type depth (18"-22") on my desktop or wall anymore. Even though the "Seamless" design feature is very compelling. I'm holding out until this technology works itself into thinner consumer monitor designs. Meaning...no more than 3"-6" thickness. That is a fair compromise IMO to the ruler flat LCD panels that are cursed with those bezels.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

True if one is not bothered by thickness. But I don't want CRT type depth (18"-22") on my desktop or wall anymore. Even though the "Seamless" design feature is very compelling. I'm holding out until this technology works itself into thinner consumer monitor designs. Meaning...no more than 3"-6" thickness. That is a fair compromise IMO to the ruler flat LCD panels that are cursed with those bezels.

2014 is going to be a good year for displays. A lot of really cool stuff coming out like the curved OLEDs, several bezel-less displays, and 3D displays (don't really care for these myself) galore!

post #13 of 20 Old 12-21-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

2014 is going to be a good year for displays. A lot of really cool stuff coming out like the curved OLEDs, several bezel-less displays, and 3D displays (don't really care for these myself) galore!

I agree Urban. Know what though? I would gladly compromise on thickness to get all of the benefits which clearly favor LPD displays. Examples beyond the ones I mentioned above are lower costs...zero image retention...capability to break very large displays and monitors into practical pieces for easy transport and assembly without PQ sacrifices)...Capability to embed superior sound systems into the monitor and displays. I would actually prefer a monitor depth of 8"-12" (about the same as a cable receiver or Computer monitor pedestal). Especially if it allowed them to get all of the imaging electronics right (built in Darbee & etc)...along with 5.1 sound bars with SW & HP ports. The extra depth just gives you much more area to work in meaningful features. Those features could even include built in Docking ports for systems like SteamBox HTPCs or even a streaming game console. It's important to understand that LPD does not need the depth for "Rear Projection" like CRT and DLP. The Phosphor screen itself is the key. The laser assembly can vary based on spectral distance & range, light throw mechanics, picture size and etc

Bottom line to me is 4"D-12"D is perfectly acceptable for superior advanced imaging technology like LPD. And even has major advantages. Just look at the upcoming 105" 4K displays by LG and Samsung as examples. I would much rather have a pair of 4K ready 55"...60"...or even 42" LPD units for my HT room. They would give me much more flexibility of assembly and use. And would be much easier to transport and move around the house. Because those LPD units are very lightweight. I just wish PRYSM would bite the bullet ad do it. I think they will be pleasantly surprised how ready the market is for consumer iterations of this technology. They'd get 100% of the DLP, CRT, and Plasma crowd IMO. And would kick serious ass in the large size PC & multi monitor category.
post #14 of 20 Old 12-24-2013, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I agree Urban. Know what though? I would gladly compromise on thickness to get all of the benefits which clearly favor LPD displays. Examples beyond the ones I mentioned above are lower costs...zero image retention...capability to break very large displays and monitors into practical pieces for easy transport and assembly without PQ sacrifices)...Capability to embed superior sound systems into the monitor and displays. I would actually prefer a monitor depth of 8"-12" (about the same as a cable receiver or Computer monitor pedestal). Especially if it allowed them to get all of the imaging electronics right (built in Darbee & etc)...along with 5.1 sound bars with SW & HP ports. The extra depth just gives you much more area to work in meaningful features. Those features could even include built in Docking ports for systems like SteamBox HTPCs or even a streaming game console. It's important to understand that LPD does not need the depth for "Rear Projection" like CRT and DLP. The Phosphor screen itself is the key. The laser assembly can vary based on spectral distance & range, light throw mechanics, picture size and etc

Bottom line to me is 4"D-12"D is perfectly acceptable for superior advanced imaging technology like LPD. And even has major advantages. Just look at the upcoming 105" 4K displays by LG and Samsung as examples. I would much rather have a pair of 4K ready 55"...60"...or even 42" LPD units for my HT room. They would give me much more flexibility of assembly and use. And would be much easier to transport and move around the house. Because those LPD units are very lightweight. I just wish PRYSM would bite the bullet ad do it. I think they will be pleasantly surprised how ready the market is for consumer iterations of this technology. They'd get 100% of the DLP, CRT, and Plasma crowd IMO. And would kick serious ass in the large size PC & multi monitor category.

I think that you need to start a support page or something to let them know just how enthusiastic you are about their product. For crying out loud, man, you're practically advertising their units here for free, lol!
barrelbelly likes this.

post #15 of 20 Old 12-26-2013, 08:19 AM

Liked: 29
I used a car radiator for my cooling solution!

UrbanSmooth likes this.
post #16 of 20 Old 12-26-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
lol, awesome, just awesome!
post #17 of 20 Old 12-26-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Very 'cool' but to be truly impressive somebody needs to do this with front projection*. biggrin.gif

*I have wanted to for years but it would require way too much space unless smaller screens are used.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #18 of 20 Old 01-18-2014, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by l88bastard View Post

I used a car radiator for my cooling solution!
*snip*

Dude, that's epic, looks like the front of my case, lol. Nice monitor setup, too! Give us a comprehensive run-down of all of your components' temps during stress testing, idle, and general usage during benchmarks and gaming. cool.gif

post #19 of 20 Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Titanfall Beta (Angel City) - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

Titanfall Beta (Fracture) - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

One word: Wow! :thumb:

post #20 of 20 Old 05-17-2014, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page