Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi,
I am looking for recommendation on a gpu for my pc build. Here is what I currently have:

CPU: i7-4770k
PSU: Seasonic 660 SS-660XP2
Ram: 2x8gb Crucial Tactical LP
HD: Samsung 830 128gb
CPU Cooler: NH-U14s
Mobo: Asrock Z87E-ITX

I was originally looking at getting an R9 280x Asus but with the mining craze causing price spikes and low inventory I am looking at getting a GTX 770 or even making a jump to GTX 780.

I will be gaming on my Benq W1070 on a 120" screen (1080p). I currently use an Xbox 360 for gaming and am making the transition to PC gaming.

For the GTX 770 I was looking at the Gigabyte Windforce or for the GTX 780 the MSI Gaming. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Hi,
I am looking for recommendation on a gpu for my pc build. Here is what I currently have:

CPU: i7-4770k
PSU: Seasonic 660 SS-660XP2
Ram: 2x8gb Crucial Tactical LP
HD: Samsung 830 128gb
CPU Cooler: NH-U14s
Mobo: Asrock Z87E-ITX

I was originally looking at getting an R9 280x Asus but with the mining craze causing price spikes and low inventory I am looking at getting a GTX 770 or even making a jump to GTX 780.

I will be gaming on my Benq W1070 on a 120" screen (1080p). I currently use an Xbox 360 for gaming and am making the transition to PC gaming.

For the GTX 770 I was looking at the Gigabyte Windforce or for the GTX 780 the MSI Gaming. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

The 770 is a great card, but if you want to absolutely max everything out with very few exceptions, drop the cash on a 780. The 780 can run everything maxed out with only a small handful of exceptions (Arma 3, Batman AO with PhysX on High, Borderlands 2 with PhysX on High) Turning off the PhysX or putting in on Low will get you 60+ fps maxed out. Trust me when I say it's completely worth it. Start up a game, turn everything to max, and go.

And yes, before anyone mentions it. a 660w Seasonic is good enough to power the system even at 100% load (unless he decides to overclock the card lol)

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
Old 12-16-2013, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Actually the games I would be looking at playing would be Batman Origins, Bioshock Infinite and Diablo III. Don't play much of BF4, at least not yet.

I will be OC the 4770k and possibly the GPU as well. I would think the PSU would be more than enough since I will be only using a single GPU. It is a platinum PSU. Figured on load I would hit around 500-600W.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Actually the games I would be looking at playing would be Batman Origins, Bioshock Infinite and Diablo III. Don't play much of BF4, at least not yet.

I will be OC the 4770k and possibly the GPU as well. I would think the PSU would be more than enough since I will be only using a single GPU. It is a platinum PSU. Figured on load I would hit around 500-600W.

Well hell if it's a Plat efficiency you should be alright. It's the GPU OC that would draw the most power. And like I said, a 780 will eat those games for a snack and ask for more. Just go easy on the hardware PhysX in Origins and you'll be at 60+, even still It was nearly locked to 50 for me with PhysX on High. it'll run EVERYTHING at 40+ regardless so just go in with that thinking.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website