TitanFall PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Beta showed up in Origin today so I went ahead and tried it out. I turned everything up on 1080P, no issues at all on my old i3 /6950 (Have an i7 literally in the mail).

So very crisp compared to the 792P One version! I cannot say why the other players were using but I came in first more than once with my 360 pad, something I failed to do on the One beta. It would be hysterical if the M/KB was a hindrance in a shooter!

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
It's weird, I played a bit last night, maxed out with 8xMSAA at 1440p, and it was locked at 60, but I kept getting this blur stutter when I would turn too fast, really annoying

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #3 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Are you guys planning to buy it on launch day or wait a bit and see what happens?

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #4 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I know a few of us preordered from GMG for like mid $40's.

How long does the beta last? If I can still check it out tomorrow, I might do that.
post #5 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I know a few of us preordered from GMG for like mid $40's.

How long does the beta last? If I can still check it out tomorrow, I might do that.

Yup got mine for $42. Need to figure out the blur stutter issue though.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #6 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

It's weird, I played a bit last night, maxed out with 8xMSAA at 1440p, and it was locked at 60, but I kept getting this blur stutter when I would turn too fast, really annoying

Yeah, I always got stutters here or there. The weird thing was that fraps didn't show any dropped frames while it was stuttering...dunno what's up with that.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #7 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
It would be pretty difficult for the videocard to display FRAPS (or anything) if it is, at that given moment, "stuttering". wink.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #8 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

It's perfectly fine until I turn too fast, then the motion blur kicks in and it's stuttery and laggy. I haven't messed with the settings since putting them at max, so I might be able to eliminate it.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #9 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 08:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

It would be pretty difficult for the videocard to display FRAPS (or anything) if it is, at that given moment, "stuttering". wink.gif

The fraps layer always updates at the full refresh of the monitor (like your mouse cursor) and averages over a short period of time, so even a single frame drop is always reflected. It was really bizarre...visibly stuttering but the fraps number didn't budge from 120.  

post #10 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm getting massive tearing with V-Sync off, yet it's locked at 60 during gameplay.

On Ultra with 8xMSAA @ 1080p.

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #11 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Are you guys planning to buy it on launch day or wait a bit and see what happens?

Jason

Already pre-ordered as I do not have a One yet, and I'm not going to buy anymore 360 games.

Hopefully Origin will allow pre-loading for this game.

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #12 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post

I'm getting massive tearing with V-Sync off, yet it's locked at 60 during gameplay.

On Ultra with 8xMSAA @ 1080p.

Yeah, v-sync is weird in this game. Normally that'd completely unlock the frame rate, but it limited it to 60fps on my 120hz monitor.  With massive tearing, as you say. With triple buffering it runs at the full 120fps.

post #13 of 76 Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I got a few hours in with this tonight. It took me a while to get used to it, but once I did I was having a lot of fun. The titans can really dominate the map if you have a good team. There's still a lot I don't understand, like what to do after I end up on top of a titan or someone is on my titan though.

I really liked that I was competitive using a 360 controller. I was near the top pretty consistently by the end against rooms full of guys ranked a lot higher which never happened in the BF4 beta.
post #14 of 76 Old 02-18-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I just played a few games this morning and I will say that the game is very fast paced. This is something that I actually really like in a game.

It reminds me alot of the old Unreal Tournament games....granted it plays very different but the speed/twitch shooter elements are very nice.

I have been playing as an Assassin with the Smart Pistol that can lock onto multiple enemies at a time. This is a very nice weapon but I am not sure if some could consider it over powered or not.

The few games I was in also had some balance issues s everyone who was of higher rank/more experience was going to one team while all of the noobs(including myself) were on the other. So the first few games were fun but also completely lop sided....

I turned up the resolution to 1080 but turned down the shadow details and a few other settings and I am still noticing some stuttering in my frame rates. It's not too bad but it is there.

For those of you who may want to play sometime if there is a party mode in the game...my Origin name is the exact same as on Steam: madbrayniak

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #15 of 76 Old 03-01-2014, 12:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So how many of you were able to run it on Insane, what GPU?

I just picked up a GTX 780 OC (GHZ) 3GB and hope to get a solid 60 fps @1080p on Insane.

I have been reading that Insane is not selectable unless you have 3GB+ (?) but then some seem to have been running it on 2GB cards (could this be the reason for the stutter).

I already have an MSI GTX 680 OC 2GB but figured it was a good time to update due to a great price on the 780 (which I have not installed yet redface.gif).

Jason

post #16 of 76 Old 03-01-2014, 04:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So how many of you were able to run it on Insane, what GPU?

I just picked up a GTX 780 OC (GHZ) 3GB and hope to get a solid 60 fps @1080p on Insane.

I have been reading that Insane is not selectable unless you have 3GB+ (?) but then some seem to have been running it on 2GB cards (could this be the reason for the stutter).

I already have an MSI GTX 680 OC 2GB but figured it was a good time to update due to a great price on the 780 (which I have not installed yet redface.gif).

Jason

Yeah, you can run it on insane with 2GB, but it'll swap textures over PCI-E and cause stuttering.

post #17 of 76 Old 03-01-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

That's what I figured, hopefully this 780 will last a couple years before 4GB becomes the norm.

Jason

post #18 of 76 Old 03-03-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I played the beta for a few hours and can honestly say, I hate this game lol It takes no skill to do anything! no gun recoil, 6 vs 6 plus bots? Utter garbage. I was going on 20-0 runs without ever playing the game, blah horrid.
I'm happy I got into the beta so i could cancel my pre-order after playing it.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #19 of 76 Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I played the beta for a few hours and can honestly say, I hate this game lol It takes no skill to do anything! no gun recoil, 6 vs 6 plus bots? Utter garbage. I was going on 20-0 runs without ever playing the game, blah horrid.
I'm happy I got into the beta so i could cancel my pre-order after playing it.

Skilled players, like yourself, will play and pose a challenge once the game is actually out (some just pick it up quicker than others).

I was playing from the first day to the last (of the Xone beta) and the variance was huge regarding how well people played.

I too was kicking a$$ and taking names early on but the last couple days were a far greater challenge as more people joined (as it went to demo status) and of course the people that played it for hours and hours (which I did not, just a bit each day).

Obviously the game is not for everyone but the majority do seem to find it fun.

Something tells me you'll give it another go at some point N8. wink.gif

Jason

post #20 of 76 Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I have mixed feelings about the difficulty, I didnt play as much as some others because I never got past level 7. I found the bots to be a little too easy to kill. I had one game where I was like 24-2 or something but got very few pilot kills. I really sucked at piloting the titans.

But I liked the vertical aspect of the game. It reminded me a bit about the old unreal games like I was hoping for but I dont know if it's enough to warrant a purchase...atleast not on release...

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #21 of 76 Old 03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

Skilled players, like yourself, will play and pose a challenge once the game is actually out (some just pick it up quicker than others).

I was playing from the first day to the last (of the Xone beta) and the variance was huge regarding how well people played.

I too was kicking a$$ and taking names early on but the last couple days were a far greater challenge as more people joined (as it went to demo status) and of course the people that played it for hours and hours (which I did not, just a bit each day).

Obviously the game is not for everyone but the majority do seem to find it fun.

Something tells me you'll give it another go at some point N8. wink.gif

Jason

lol, it's true I may, there were some things I liked, just nothing enough to keep my pre-order. I don't feel like it's a game I'll need to play from the start to get decent scores, so I'd be fine getting it when it's cheap.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #22 of 76 Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 PM

cool.gif

On a diasppointing sidenote imageshack is subscription only now. mad.gif

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #23 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM

Anyone else stuck on this screen?

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #24 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Yup. Although a friend of mine is in, lives like 10 miles from me

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #25 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I'm shipping my graphics card in tomorrow to EVGA for my step up program. Kind of bad timing, but oh well. Maybe I'll try out Titanfall in a week.
post #26 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I'm shipping my graphics card in tomorrow to EVGA for my step up program.
What GPU are you upgrading to?

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #27 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post

Anyone else stuck on this screen?

Angry Joe was stuck on that screen for a bit as well but thousands of other people were playing so it was not an across the board error.

Jason

post #28 of 76 Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Played a few rounds of the "campaign" and had a frickin blast even though I was terribad. WAY more fun than I had in the beta. I'll have to play more tomorrow. Biology Prof is having Achilles Tendon surgery so no Lab class! lol

Side Note: Runs beautifully.

1440p
All settings high
Textures set to Insane
8xMSAA

locked to 60fps with Vsync, no issues. Then again it is a Source Engine game so it SHOULD be running that well.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #29 of 76 Old 03-11-2014, 02:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

SandyRavage has been having micro-stutter and says he has tried all the normal stuff to get rid of it, he's running a single GTX 780.

My audio has been unpacking for over an hour and still not even half way (disc version which comes with 3 dual layer dvd's).

* Finally got it all installed and updated (about 2 hours), after a few rounds it has been flawless with all settings at max (gtx 780 oc-ghz).

It's also connecting faster and a ~10ms lower ping vs the Xone version.

Jason

post #30 of 76 Old 03-11-2014, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not sure where to put this but could use some "friends" since I don't have any..hahaha

Steam - mike929

Grid 2
Injustice
Loadout

Origin - mrmike929

Titanfall

If this is the wrong place to acquire gaming buddies please let me know where the proper forum is located.

Thanks,
Mike

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page