Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 05-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 191
You can get invaded almost anywhere by someone that has a red stone. But there are a few zones that are made for covenants to kill you. The rat covenant sucks you into their game. The bell covenant gets you multiple invaders.

Don't feel too bad. I just lost 200k+ souls tonight by being stupid. I was super pissed. All the invasions don't really bother me too much.

I'm guessing your soul level or the progression of the game might have an influence on the type of invaders you get.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 05-01-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

Just got to a new area that obviously is where pvp or invasions starts. I played around 10 minutes and I've been invaded 6 times. It's completely impossible to advance in the game when people constantly invade with better gear. It's hard enough to play as it is...Piss, I'm really not liking this game right now. Unplugging my ethernet so I can actually get somewhere in the bloody game.

Just go off line for awhile through those areas. You don't loose anything. If it is the rat covenant area, you are not allowed to put a sign down to help people anyone so you can't summon help in those areas so being on-line has no benefit for those areas.

post #33 of 42 Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I'm beginning to hate the summoning. There's never any summon signs down when I need to fight a boss. But as soon as I put mine anywhere I get summoned.

I get invaded and they finally show up right under me when I have no time to click the button and be stuck doing nothing

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #34 of 42 Old 05-03-2014, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Yeah, this game is a recipe for frustration. Unlike DS1, the regular baddies aren't overly difficult, it's just that they place them in stealth behind a rock or whatever to get the jump on you without you expecting it. IMHO, that's cheap. In DS1 if you die it's usually your fault. As far as the bosses, I'm at the undead chariot boss. He's a MF'er. I've gone offline due to the annoying invasions when I'm trying to play my game. I've managed to beat all the bosses solo so far. Silly me I opened the blacksmith house in Majula. Initially he wasn't there so I thought I needed to rescue him from somewhere. So I went on with my game. I managed to beat the stupid gargoyles and sentinels with the bastard sword and no upgrades to anything. Ten minute battle. Then I went back to Majula and he's there. Game got a whole lot easier after upgrading my sword to +5. Still, I'm not liking it as much as DS1. The graphics are ok, but when I compare it to a game like Need for Speed Rivals (my other game I'm playing), it looks like an 8 bit game.

post #35 of 42 Old 05-03-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, this game is a recipe for frustration. Unlike DS1, the regular baddies aren't overly difficult, it's just that they place them in stealth behind a rock or whatever to get the jump on you without you expecting it. IMHO, that's cheap. In DS1 if you die it's usually your fault. As far as the bosses, I'm at the undead chariot boss. He's a MF'er. I've gone offline due to the annoying invasions when I'm trying to play my game. I've managed to beat all the bosses solo so far. Silly me I opened the blacksmith house in Majula. Initially he wasn't there so I thought I needed to rescue him from somewhere. So I went on with my game. I managed to beat the stupid gargoyles and sentinels with the bastard sword and no upgrades to anything. Ten minute battle. Then I went back to Majula and he's there. Game got a whole lot easier after upgrading my sword to +5. Still, I'm not liking it as much as DS1. The graphics are ok, but when I compare it to a game like Need for Speed Rivals (my other game I'm playing), it looks like an 8 bit game.

You didn't see him sitting outside the building right next to the door? If you talk to him he tells you what to do.

post #36 of 42 Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You didn't see him sitting outside the building right next to the door? If you talk to him he tells you what to do.

Haha no. Sometimes if you're not looking for them specifically, the NPC's blend in with the environment almost too well. As much as I complain about this game I also still love it. The boss fights seem cheap at first until you figure out what to do, and the main reason I keep coming back is I love the fighting mechanics. A heavy sword "feels" heavy, and the game punishes impatience so it really teaches you to wait for the perfect opportunity. When you finally beat a boss, it feels like such an accomplishment that you want to go wake the neighbours and tell them about it. No other game, though, gives me daydreams about throwing my controller and seeing it smash to bits against the wall. smile.gif

post #37 of 42 Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Haha no. Sometimes if you're not looking for them specifically, the NPC's blend in with the environment almost too well. As much as I complain about this game I also still love it. The boss fights seem cheap at first until you figure out what to do, and the main reason I keep coming back is I love the fighting mechanics. A heavy sword "feels" heavy, and the game punishes impatience so it really teaches you to wait for the perfect opportunity. When you finally beat a boss, it feels like such an accomplishment that you want to go wake the neighbours and tell them about it. No other game, though, gives me daydreams about throwing my controller and seeing it smash to bits against the wall. smile.gif

Yeah, agree on those weapons. Crank up the sound and use a mace and WOW, that sounds awesome!
blastermaster likes this.

post #38 of 42 Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Crank up the sound and use a mace and WOW, that sounds awesome!

+1. Especially when you backstab with a mace then smash them into the ground.

On another note, I just got the dragonrider bow and the Pursuers Ultra Greatsword. Looks like I may have to pump a few points into dexterity to get them rolling. Can't wait!

post #39 of 42 Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I suck at using controllers and haven't got anywhere with DS1 as a result. But I didn't find it playable with k&m either, even with the fix.

I get the impression DS2 is best played with a controller, like DS1. Is that right?
post #40 of 42 Old 05-07-2014, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I get the impression DS2 is best played with a controller, like DS1. Is that right?

Without question, yes. It may have graphical optimizations for the PC (graphics still wane compared to modern PC stuff) but at it's heart DS is a console game.

post #41 of 42 Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Finally finished the game. I decided to play as a hexer. Man does that ever make the game easy. Well...easier. I maxed out my staff, and chime and put dark magic on them, got my crypt greatsword to max level and put dark on that as well. Combining that with dark weapon spell I was getting easy 1000+ hits on mobs. I haven't combined that with resonant weapon yet, but I'd imagine it will make bosses cake.

post #42 of 42 Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Three new DLC packages just announced. The Lost Crowns. First DLC comes out in July. Looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txj5iUCKovE

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page