post #1 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to PC

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-...s-coming-to-pc

Crytek’s breathtaking Xbox One Launch title will be released on PC later this year ready for 4K resolution
Ryse: Son of Rome, is coming to PC this Fall. While Crytek will publish the game on digital channels, they will collaborate with the co-publishing partner Deep Silver for the boxed version distribution to retail stores. In addition, all of the Ryse: Son of Rome DLC packages that have been created and released since launch will be included in the PC version.
“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.
The PC version of Ryse will come with bonus material originally released as downloadable content, including: The Colosseum Pack containing two character skins and two Arena maps; the Mars’ Chosen Pack containing one new character skin, four Arena maps, and the new Survival mode; the Duel of Fates Pack containing two character skins, two Arena maps, and one additional Survival map; and the Morituri Pack, with three new Arena maps, two Survival maps, and five solo Arena maps. Finally, PC players will also have instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the “Legionnaire’s Trust” sword initially released as part of a special edition of the game.

About Crytek
Crytek GmbH (“Crytek”) is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, Xbox 360, PlayStation®3, iOS and Android using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Nottingham (UK), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012). For more information, please visit www.crytek.com.

About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series and action packed role-playing from the Sacred world. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Dead Island 2 and Homefront: The Revolution. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States. www.kochmedia.com
barrelbelly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Saw this coming a mile away.....I wonder how long until forza makes it over?
barrelbelly and freemeat like this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Saw this coming a mile away.....I wonder how long until forza makes it over?
Amen BD! IMO-Followed by Destiny in 2015-2016...Halo Master Chief Collection in 2015-2016...Last of US in 2015-2016...and just about everything else from the anemic new console line up. IMO if publishers and developers try exclude PC in the future AAA titles, they will be slitting their own throats. For exactly the reason stated in Freemeat's comment above. Gaming at the highest level (4K, VR, and near VR on BC, PC titles) will only be accessible on PC. Publishers and developers will help usher in this golden age that could ultimately help revive the new consoles. Or they can be WWE body slammed into bankruptcy by it. JMHO.

Great post freemeat. I'll certainly grab the PC version as soon as it becomes available. Glad I didn't early adopt the new consoles...and moved definitively to PC gaming.
post #4 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
I played Ryse on Xbox One.

I think it got some initial luke-warm reviews, and all the XB1 console owners defended it a little too much, saying "don't believe the reviews, it's really good". My opinion is closer to the reviewers - not bad, but the experience is mostly forgettable.

I wonder if the devs will unlock 60fps for the PC? IIRC, when it came out for the console they were saying that 30fps was "a more cinematic experience" or something like that.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I played Ryse on Xbox One.

I think it got some initial luke-warm reviews, and all the XB1 console owners defended it a little too much, saying "don't believe the reviews, it's really good". My opinion is closer to the reviewers - not bad, but the experience is mostly forgettable.

I wonder if the devs will unlock 60fps for the PC? IIRC, when it came out for the console they were saying that 30fps was "a more cinematic experience" or something like that.

I bet they do. I suspect they limited it on the XB1 because the console would have choked on it (freezes, screen tears, black outs ). That quote reeks of BS by the devs.
highd3f likes this.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
I'm with Daver on this, it's an okay game but nothing really all that special. To me, it feels like the Arkham series of games, except removing everything fun besides the straightforward but rhythm-based combat system. (Though it did screw me up that I was playing Arkham Origins and Ryse at around the same time as buttons are different between the two).

With regards to that statement, was that really what they said? I thought it was more that they flat out said that they were able to get more detail and polygons by doing 30fps and that higher quality was what was more cinematic (compared to a straight framerate change) but I don't remember either. I'd be shocked if the PC framerate was locked though.

Anyway, I'm not really sure this means anything for Forza (although I know they demoed that on a PC) or stuff like Halo. Crytek and Microsoft have had a pretty well-publicized rift lately, so how this is handled doesn't necessarily mean anything for Microsoft's first-party series.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 08-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I'm with Daver on this, it's an okay game but nothing really all that special. To me, it feels like the Arkham series of games, except removing everything fun besides the straightforward but rhythm-based combat system. (Though it did screw me up that I was playing Arkham Origins and Ryse at around the same time as buttons are different between the two).

With regards to that statement, was that really what they said? I thought it was more that they flat out said that they were able to get more detail and polygons by doing 30fps and that higher quality was what was more cinematic (compared to a straight framerate change) but I don't remember either. I'd be shocked if the PC framerate was locked though.

Anyway, I'm not really sure this means anything for Forza (although I know they demoed that on a PC) or stuff like Halo. Crytek and Microsoft have had a pretty well-publicized rift lately, so how this is handled doesn't necessarily mean anything for Microsoft's first-party series.

They've technically already ported the forza engine to dx12, so it's pretty much a sure thing, although prob needs to wait until later next year.

post #8 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
They've technically already ported the forza engine to dx12, so it's pretty much a sure thing, although prob needs to wait until later next year.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said they demoed it. I don't mean to say that Forza isn't going to happen, just that Ryse has nothing to do with whether first-party Microsoft games like Forza will be ported or not.

post #9 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
The game itself was so-so but it sure was pretty.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
You know, just like Dead Rising 3, I bought this on the XBO (for like $20 off GameFly) and just like Dead Rising 3, I haven't even played it. And Like I'm going to do with Dead Rising 3, I'll get this on PC too for the better visuals and performance.

However, you're fooling yourself if you even think Forza or Halo will end up on the PC anytime REMOTELY soon. Those are the 2 reasons I even bought an XBO, because MS simply refuses to put them on PC (bastards)

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #11 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
You know, just like Dead Rising 3, I bought this on the XBO (for like $20 off GameFly) and just like Dead Rising 3, I haven't even played it. And Like I'm going to do with Dead Rising 3, I'll get this on PC too for the better visuals and performance.

However, you're fooling yourself if you even think Forza or Halo will end up on the PC anytime REMOTELY soon. Those are the 2 reasons I even bought an XBO, because MS simply refuses to put them on PC (bastards)

How much you wanna bet halo is coming to PC?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...pecial-edition

Coincidence? Hmmm....I think not!

They used halo to launch games for windows live, and they're surely going to use halo to relaunch it (probably with windows 9 or dx12, whichever comes first.)

Supposedly win 9 is coming next spring, dx12 next fall...so not around the corner, but not so far away either.

post #12 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said they demoed it. I don't mean to say that Forza isn't going to happen, just that Ryse has nothing to do with whether first-party Microsoft games like Forza will be ported or not.

True, but Ryse was funded and published by MS, wasn't it? I guess they didn't want to sit on it for too long.

But I firmly believe there are no Xbox one exclusives...every single one of those games will make it over to PC sooner or later. Every last one. Eventually they'll just release side by side, because there won't be much of a difference between Xbox and PC soon enough anyway.

post #13 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
True, but Ryse was funded and published by MS, wasn't it? I guess they didn't want to sit on it for too long.
Published on the One by Microsoft, yes. It's not published by Microsoft on the PC. Deep Silver is the publisher.

Also, as I said above, there's been highly publicized disagreements between Microsoft and Crytek about IP for the sequel to the point where they both cut ties with each other:

Quote:
One person close to Crytek told us a pre-production deal for Ryse 2 was on the cards, and that Microsoft wanted to do the deal, but its terms proved a sticking point.
Apparently, in exchange for funding Ryse 2's development, Microsoft wanted to take over the Ryse intellectual property, something Crytek couldn't agree to, so both parties decided not to continue.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ds-to-shanghai

post #14 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How much you wanna bet halo is coming to PC?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...pecial-edition

Coincidence? Hmmm....I think not!

They used halo to launch games for windows live, and they're surely going to use halo to relaunch it (probably with windows 9 or dx12, whichever comes first.)

Supposedly win 9 is coming next spring, dx12 next fall...so not around the corner, but not so far away either.
You say that, and yet there's been 5 Halo games that have NOT been on PC. I've been clamoring for all the Halos to be on PC, I just know they won't do it until they're strapped for cash.

Quote:

But I firmly believe there are no Xbox one exclusives...every single one of those games will make it over to PC sooner or later. Every last one. Eventually they'll just release side by side, because there won't be much of a difference between Xbox and PC soon enough anyway.
And yet none of the Forzas have been on PC, a single Gears of War game, and a whopping 2 Halo games (Spartan Assault doesn't count) and the last one was to try and push Vista. No Halo to push 7, no Halo game to really push Windows 8. They're just not going to move their cash cows to the PC, even though they damn well should and I'd buy all of em once again to play on PC.
barrelbelly likes this.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #15 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
You say that, and yet there's been 5 Halo games that have NOT been on PC. I've been clamoring for all the Halos to be on PC, I just know they won't do it until they're strapped for cash.

And yet none of the Forzas have been on PC, a single Gears of War game, and a whopping 2 Halo games (Spartan Assault doesn't count) and the last one was to try and push Vista. No Halo to push 7, no Halo game to really push Windows 8. They're just not going to move their cash cows to the PC, even though they damn well should and I'd buy all of em once again to play on PC.

Remember the context though...they didn't bring them out to push the OS, they brought them out to push their games for windows service. It was clear that GFW live wasn't going to work out before win 7 even came out. And this was a time before windows or the Xbox were struggling in any real way, PC gaming was struggling in general and steam was just beginning to sigh, sorry for this....build steam. And since the Xbox hardware and OS was so radically different from the PC back then, it was a lot of work for little upside, with no real motive to do it.

Now you've got windows struggling and facing a lot more competition from apple and google, the Xbox struggling against Sony, and valve completely dominating their own PC gaming platform, a platform which is stronger than it's been in a decade. Now the Xbox OS is just a slightly custom build of windows and the Xbox hardware is basically PC hardware. They've got a lot of motivation to prop up their platforms, the work to port them is minimal in comparison, and there's a much bigger market for PC games than there was in 07.

They've been talking all this one OS stuff for a while now...it's just a matter of following through.

Heh, I'm so damn sure of this....I'll make you a bet...if the next non-remake halo isn't out on PC within 6 months of the Xbox version, I'll buy it for you. If it is....you buy it for me.
barrelbelly likes this.

post #16 of 20 Old 08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Remember the context though...they didn't bring them out to push the OS, they brought them out to push their games for windows service. It was clear that GFW live wasn't going to work out before win 7 even came out. And this was a time before windows or the Xbox were struggling in any real way, PC gaming was struggling in general and steam was just beginning to sigh, sorry for this....build steam. And since the Xbox hardware and OS was so radically different from the PC back then, it was a lot of work for little upside, with no real motive to do it.

Now you've got windows struggling and facing a lot more competition from apple and google, the Xbox struggling against Sony, and valve completely dominating their own PC gaming platform, a platform which is stronger than it's been in a decade. Now the Xbox OS is just a slightly custom build of windows and the Xbox hardware is basically PC hardware. They've got a lot of motivation to prop up their platforms, the work to port them is minimal in comparison, and there's a much bigger market for PC games than there was in 07.

They've been talking all this one OS stuff for a while now...it's just a matter of following through.

Heh, I'm so damn sure of this....I'll make you a bet...if the next non-remake halo isn't out on PC within 6 months of the Xbox version, I'll buy it for you. If it is....you buy it for me.
So that would be Halo 5 then. Deal lol.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #17 of 20 Old 08-08-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
So that would be Halo 5 then. Deal lol.

I guess we'll find out who's right in two years or so.

post #18 of 20 Old 08-08-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I can't sit out this friendly dust up between BD and Eye. Especially since I hurled the Halo grenade in the huddle. You're right Eye...MS can be bastards! But I bet with BD on this one. I really don't think any game developer or publisher can ignore the power of the PC gaming market anymore. And it's growing popularity. Including MS. Especially with VR looming on the horizon with FB/OR, Sony and Samsung. Don't discount Apple jumping into that mix either as a dark horse. IMO MS will just sit on their in house exclusives like Halo, with Xbox for 1-2 years. Then port them over to a new version of Xbox Live for Windows. Ditto for Sony with Steam. Like BD2003, I don't think MS invested in all of that synergistic gaming ecosystem/infrastructure to just let it lie dormant. And lose market share on Windows and Xbox through competitive erosion. For developers and pubs it's even more essential and dire that they have total PC accessibility. Or many of them could go under this gaming generation with a consoles only strategy. They all need to forget about Xbox 360 and PS3 except figuring out a viable BC library strategy. And focus on completely optimizing future games through PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The problem for all parties concerned is that enormous...gigantic...bigger than anything else...satisfied install base lying out there consisting of XB360, PS3, and PC. With Mobile/Streaming coming on like gangbusters.

Last edited by barrelbelly; 08-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.
post #19 of 20 Old 08-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
I guess we'll find out who's right in two years or so.
Even I would take that bet.

Get ready to pay up, BD.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #20 of 20 Old 08-14-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 40
How long before a games release do they usually provide the recommended specs?

PSN ID: javant86

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page