need some samsung dlp PC hook up help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-14-2005, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, Im trying to hook up a laptop to a HLN series samsung dlp through the VGA port on the TV. Seems to be many types of VGA cables...so this is the cable I found...is this ok?

http://http://www.cablestogo.com/pro...2807&sku=29606

SXGA should handle the resolution fine right...or is this all non-sense and any VGA cable will do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, any VGA cable should do, but if your video card supports it, DVI is the better way to go.

Cush
post #3 of 7 Old 02-15-2005, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well its a laptop...and I've had a hard time finding a laptop with a dvi port on it.

Plus i've been told its better to save the dvi port for copy protected mediums...not exactly sure what that means just yet ...still researching.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
With VGA be sure to get a good quality cable [ especially for longer runs - anything over 5m ] .

------- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 Old 02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
And make sure your laptop supports 1280x720 resolution, which is what you'll want to output to the TV (or something smaller like 1232x702 to get rid of overscan, if that's an issue for your set).

Why using other people's TV settings is a

post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2005, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm sure its an issue with HLN's ...prob not HLP's .......but even if my laptop does not support that resolution I can use a program like powerstrip to make a custom rez right?
post #7 of 7 Old 02-18-2005, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

That might depend on the graphics chip in your laptop. Some integrated graphics chipsets might not support it.

Ozy
Closed Thread HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page