What's a good Server for online PC games - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's a good site to play action games online like wolfenstein, Allied assualt etc? It's all new to me
I saw Gamespy.com, is that a good site? What's a average cost on these sites? Where does everyone go to play?

We used to hunt and fish to survive. Now we have to work 50 wks. a year so we can take a couple of weeks off to hunt and fish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-04-2005, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pick whatever game you want to play, and go into the online menu of that game and have it search for servers that will accept connections. You can use Gamespy if you want, but there is no need to. There is absolutely no reason to pay for any online subscription to play PC games, that is the beauty of it. Unless of course it is a game like an MMORPG that requires a subscription.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-04-2005, 07:31 AM

If you're looking for a good community site that lets you set up friends lists and such across multiple games, Gamespy will suit you fine. Gamespy's client to find servers is called Gamespy Arcade, which also has some free built in parlor and arcade games.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

I'm doing my part. Are you?
post #4 of 8 Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 AM

One nice thing about Gamespy arcade is if you pay the 10 bucks for the year it will automatically pacth your games.

Just remember that Gamespy arcade does not support every game, most notable would be Farcry. But it does support a lot and allow you to meet up with friends and so forth.

Like was already said, you don't really need Gamespy. Just look at the list of servers and pic the game you want with a relatively low ping.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-05-2005, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Guess I was wondering if online play is available for games I didn't buy?

Quote:
Originally posted by valhalla
Pick whatever game you want to play, and go into the online menu of that game and have it search for servers that will accept connections. You can use Gamespy if you want, but there is no need to. There is absolutely no reason to pay for any online subscription to play PC games, that is the beauty of it. Unless of course it is a game like an MMORPG that requires a subscription.

We used to hunt and fish to survive. Now we have to work 50 wks. a year so we can take a couple of weeks off to hunt and fish
post #6 of 8 Old 03-05-2005, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by raster
Guess I was wondering if online play is available for games I didn't buy?
Haha no way! ;)

First of all download and try All Seeing Eye. It's leaps and bounds better than Gamespy; no ads and there's tons more things you can do with it. It is a trial version but the only hitch is that there's a pop-up screen that comes up maybe once a week that asks if you'd like to buy or not. I've always clicked no and no problems here.

"ANYONE who pc games that doesn't have a 360 controller for pc use, well frankly isn't a gamer at all."
post #7 of 8 Old 03-05-2005, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

lol, Thought maybe I could join a site and play online for a monthly fee without buying a game. Oh well, needed to ask!

post #8 of 8 Old 03-06-2005, 08:02 AM

It's a legitimate question. I would bet in the future you will see a pay to play system where you download a game for a certain time period.
Closed Thread HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page