Need Help Please with HDTV/HTPC gaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all. My first post here. I'm having issues setting up this system to work. My hardware:
Insignia 26" HDTV Flat Tube with component in (No DVI/HDMI/VGA)
Crescendo Systems Transcoder TCP 2200
Nvidia 6800 GT AGP card (PNY) with release 90 drivers and DVI/VGA/S-video outs
WinXP Pro OS
Powerstrip 3.6

I have tried using various guides here, but I seem to have problems with the timing. Perhaps I'm doing someting wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. My last setup was to simply connect using component from my transcoder to the TV, VGA cable from VGA out on the 6800GT to the transcoder, and have timings of
HScan = about 31.5, Vert about 60, Resolution only 640 by 480, non-interlaced. I am still unable to get a signal from the television when in Windows. However, when booting, I get the windows loading screen as well as the bios bootup prior to that, so I know that there is connection. It would seem then that the problem is my timings, and again, any help is welcome. I also have a DVI to VGA adapter that I can use.

I'd hate to think I'd wasted money on cords/transcoders, etc, and won't be able to use the setup. Also, should I have the jumper on the transcoder set to tri-level, bi-level variable, or bi-level fixxed?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Lexxie - welcome to the forums.

I'm certainly no expert, but have you tried other resolutions? 1280 X 720?

How is your Nvidia 6800 configured - single monitor, dual, or clone? If single, try dual mode. I'm imagining that you have a CRT monitor or similar to at least verify that you're getting a good signal out from your vid card, right?

If you don't get any other replies soon, I'd suggest going to the Home Theater Computers subforum - a lot of knowledgeable PC folks over there.

Good luck - it sure is frustrating not getting your A/V gear up and running!

MY DILEMMA: New car or PJ? New car or PJ? New car or PJ?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 PM

I'm a noob myself but I am wondering why you aren't using the built in HDTV abilities of the video card. Your 6800GT should have come with a component out cable. According to PNY, their 6800GS has an HDTV breakout pod. If yours didn't come with one maybe you can ask them to send you one....big maybe tho.
Closed Thread HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page