Why no NCAA Football 2007 for PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-14-2006, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
getme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the title pretty much sums it up, why has EA consistently failed to bring the NCAA series to the PC? Madden is out there and the engine used is exactly the same SO WHERE"S MY NCAA 2007 DAMNIT! :mad:

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled... People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero , 55 BC
getme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by getme
So the title pretty much sums it up, why has EA consistently failed to bring the NCAA series to the PC? Madden is out there and the engine used is exactly the same SO WHERE"S MY NCAA 2007 DAMNIT! :mad:
Good question.

I wondered the same thing myself. It's like: Ok, if you're going to bring Madden over every year...why NOT bring over NCAA? Good-great selling title, easy $$$$, etc.

I might have bought it for this instead of the 360 if I'd had the choice. I know it would have been at least $10-$20 cheaper.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
getme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ
Good question.

...why NOT bring over NCAA? Good-great selling title, easy $$$$, etc.

I might have bought it for this instead of the 360 if I'd had the choice. I know it would have been at least $10-$20 cheaper.
EXACTLY and it's not like the pc couldn't handle it graphically speaking, they have a version for the PSP for PETE'S SAKE!

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled... People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero , 55 BC
getme is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 08-15-2006, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by getme
EXACTLY and it's not like the pc couldn't handle it graphically speaking, they have a version for the PSP for PETE'S SAKE!
Beats me.

I really don't understand the oversight myself. I never have.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 08-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Aluminum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
EA isn't exactly on PC gamers good side anyways the way they slop things around, you expected different? :rolleyes:

Nearly dead silent HTPC ver 2.0: i3-4340 w/ Noctua NH-L9i on Z87E-itx inside CM130 elite, fanless PSU, SSD OS drive
SAN shares via 40GbE tunneled over 56Gb infiniband links
microcenter & ebay = severe risks to my wallet
Aluminum is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 08-15-2006, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum
EA isn't exactly on PC gamers good side anyways the way they slop things around, you expected different? :rolleyes:
Meh, I expected them get some easy, quick money off of a PC port just like they do Madden and the other sports games every year.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 08-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
iamnaeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I could be wrong, but if you check. I don't think they have EVER released NCAA football on PC.
iamnaeth is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HorrorScope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NoCal
Posts: 4,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There was one year like 2000 or something when there was NCAA on the PC. To note they sell about 400,000 copies of Madden on a PC each year.
HorrorScope is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 08-18-2006, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
getme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorScope
There was one year like 2000 or something when there was NCAA on the PC. To note they sell about 400,000 copies of Madden on a PC each year.
You can't tell me they won't sell AT LEAST that many copies of NCAA given the number of schools vs. the number of pro teams.

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled... People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero , 55 BC
getme is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by getme
You can't tell me they won't sell AT LEAST that many copies of NCAA given the number of schools vs. the number of pro teams.
Exactly.

The bottom line to it is, IMO, at least:

This seems to go against the normal EA ilk: Get a quick, easy buck on the side, which is exactly what they could do here with fairly minimal effort.

If that isn't EA, by definition, I don't know what is.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 08-18-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
getme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where's the petition I'll sign the hell out of it

the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled... People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero , 55 BC
getme is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 08-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Afroteddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I boycotted EA back in 2001 and I haven't bought a game since. Well I take that back, I did find Madden 06 for $3 at a garage sale about 2 months ago. As a former Commodore64 gamer, I supported EA from the very begining and I am insulted with how I am treated now.
Afroteddy is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy
I boycotted EA back in 2001 and I haven't bought a game since. Well I take that back, I did find Madden 06 for $3 at a garage sale about 2 months ago. As a former Commodore64 gamer, I supported EA from the very begining and I am insulted with how I am treated now.

Some of you really take this stuff WAY too personally and emotionally...

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 09-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
psoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ
Some of you really take this stuff WAY too personally and emotionally...
well yea, but I understand him in a way...
psoody is offline  
Closed Thread HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off