OK...Well where the heck are those Nvidia 590 for Intel Mobo's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Its near the end of the month now (Aug), this is when the Nvidia 590 for Intel Mobo's are suppose to be out. Has anybody even seen one for sale yet anywhere in N.Amer. I passed up two E6600s and a E6700 last week since there was no 590 Intel mobo's out (need SLI). I dont even see any listed anywhere for sale or even at the manufacturer's sites. Just got pissed off waiting on the mobo and got a 939 AMD 64 X2 4800+ (one of the few thats left) just to tie me over (CPU withdraw :rolleyes: ). I have the DDR2 and case and all the other stuff. Just waiting on the 590 Intel...just venting since I passed up those Conroes :mad: .

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-29-2006, 05:05 PM

ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP with Nvidia nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition

Should be instores in september.

Cant post a link cause i dont have 5 posts, but you can search for it.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Hope this holds your interest at least :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=113639 - 56k warn

"ANYONE who pc games that doesn't have a 360 controller for pc use, well frankly isn't a gamer at all."
post #4 of 20 Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty L
Hope this holds your interest at least :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=113639 - 56k warn
thanks Iown and S, seen all the pic's b4 but where are the mobos..... :rolleyes:

The DFI 590 is what I am waiting for since it uses a chipset fan. I cant really use heat pipes since my Lian Li PC1000 inverts the mobo so heat pipes will not be that effective...

post #5 of 20 Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Heh I was thinking this same question to myself yesterday as I hopped around online retailers looking for one....Been a long time coming!
-Trouble
post #6 of 20 Old 08-30-2006, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

well its a paper launch in TW...just wonder how long b4 we get them here in N.Am.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Press/press_hea...28.jsp&SITE=US

post #7 of 20 Old 08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
As someone who wants to dip his toe into the Conroe pool, I'm also curious.

I was thinking SLI but with so many questions right now, even just getting a single slot board that can run a 7950 would suffice.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #8 of 20 Old 09-01-2006, 01:00 PM

I sure hope you're wrong about the model name being P5N32... because the Asus P5N32-SLI is a nForce 4 motherboard that is already out, according to a search for "P5N32-SLI" on NewEgg.

Sure hope they are not just refurbing the mobo with a new chipset and renaming it from Delux to Premium - as the old P5N32 nForce 4 motherboards did not do so well with the GeForce 7950 GX2s.....
post #9 of 20 Old 09-01-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00dl3
I sure hope you're wrong about the model name being P5N32... because the Asus P5N32-SLI is a nForce 4 motherboard that is already out, according to a search for "P5N32-SLI" on NewEgg.

Sure hope they are not just refurbing the mobo with a new chipset and renaming it from Delux to Premium - as the old P5N32 nForce 4 motherboards did not do so well with the GeForce 7950 GX2s.....
No he's talking about the 590 one

see link
http://zeus.asus.com/hq/products4.as...25&modelmenu=1

post #10 of 20 Old 09-02-2006, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Though my mind is boggled after reading those terrible marketing descriptions, that board has almost TOO much stuff! I'm greatly concerned that we're going to have an issue where there's like 20 versions with different stuff on them and buying the one you want will be very difficult. I can envision a ton of different 'OEM' versions with various hacked out components like cheaper sound options or crippled cheap Ethernet chips, shipping without various adapters and the like and there'll only be one obscure letter difference in the part number to differentiate them. Let's hope they keep it simple!
-Trouble
post #11 of 20 Old 09-02-2006, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The ASUS 590 looks intresting (except the heatpipes, but thats me). Notice there are 3 PCIe 16 slots. Two are full 16 for SLI and the middle one is an 8...maybe for a physics addon vid card that both Nvidia and ATI said could be done with most of their vid cards. So you can use a lesser vid card just to run the the physics in games.

post #12 of 20 Old 09-03-2006, 04:14 AM

checkout the motherboard forums over at
hardocp.com
post #13 of 20 Old 09-04-2006, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Early look/pre lease preview of the DFI 590 Intel SLI mobo

http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=3943

Seems it need some BIOS work and not really ready for prime time yet.

post #14 of 20 Old 09-05-2006, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I was reading a review of the Dell XPS700 and lo and behold....Intel Nforce 590 on it. I suppose for the 4 grand or whatever they're selling that thing at, you deserve to be first in line.
-Trouble
post #15 of 20 Old 09-05-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
I was reading a review of the Dell XPS700 and lo and behold....Intel Nforce 590 on it. I suppose for the 4 grand or whatever they're selling that thing at, you deserve to be first in line.
-Trouble
But looks like it doesnt do SLI as was tested by the Brit review sites...even tho it suppose to support SLI and Dell didnt send SLI along but they did send it with some crappy generic low speed memory for review :rolleyes: . Also its a proprietary BTX mobo by Dell :p .

Getting tire of waiting on a 590...may get an intel chipset and get the hacked Nvidia drivers to support SLI. OR maybe even wait till Oct/Nov when Nvidia will come out with the C55 "bridge?" to replace the C19 that they are using on the nF4/590 Intel mobo's.

post #16 of 20 Old 09-08-2006, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well going against my better jugdement... I went and got a Nf4 SLI conroe mobo's. Just got fed up waiting for a Nvidia 590 or an Intel 795x and then hacking the latter for SLI. Seems like the rumors of probm's with the 590 for Intel may have some validity since its taken so long for them to come out and there are hints that the C19 Nbridge being used is not what the mobo manufactures want to use and many are waiting for the C55 due out later. Will see how the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE deluxe will work out.

post #17 of 20 Old 09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I've decided that I wont go Quad-SLI with the machine build I'm considering...it pretty much every game the 7950 GX2's seem to hold their own with just the one card.

I'm going to go with a bargain Gigabyte board and just o/c the hell out of some Conroe, this will keep my monitor driven for awhile until the next batch of parts comes out.

In doing quite a bit of reading on this since I've mentally committed myself to building this box, and I'm seeing that Quad-SLI...well...just ain't worth the money. Its probably a result of VERY immature drivers, but going from 1 board to SLI is definately worth it, particularly when you jack up the resolutions. But going to Quad....I'm just not seeing alot of benefit.

I've read quite a bit of reviewing......and the concensus seems to be that even with Quad-SLI driving uber high resolutions, there isn't enough Ooomph in the GPU's to play the game effectively.

Like..Quad-SLI would be great...if they were overclocked 7900 GSX chips in there all paired up...but you know, to each his own...

I just need to figure out how much I gotta spend on Ram (Crap that stuff is expensive as hell...Ram was dirt cheap for so long and then BOOM! Performance Ram goes through the roof!)....and then I think I'll be on my way to a new machine build.

The only thing holding me back right now is there are no PC games I own right now that require the horsepower....I'm in a bit of a PC game lull at the moment.

Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #18 of 20 Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

building the sucker this weekend. Just trying to determine if I am going to take a chance and use the Lian Li PC1000 case with the inverted mobo layout or dust of an old Lian Li PC60 with its Tornado fans....to think about after those fans run up it won't be dusty anymore....:D but "I WILL NEED NEW EAR DRUMS".... :rolleyes:

post #19 of 20 Old 09-08-2006, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I have a Vornado lying around here somewhere......I installed it on my 3Ghz Northwood. Turned it on.....1/2 an hour later I took it off, bought an XP-90..or whatever was the equivelent of the time with a Panaflo on top of it :) Its still running like a champ.

That Vornado was like a freakin HAIRdryer :P

post #20 of 20 Old 09-12-2006, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker
Well going against my better jugdement... I went and got a Nf4 SLI conroe mobo's. Just got fed up waiting for a Nvidia 590 or an Intel 795x and then hacking the latter for SLI. Seems like the rumors of probm's with the 590 for Intel may have some validity since its taken so long for them to come out and there are hints that the C19 Nbridge being used is not what the mobo manufactures want to use and many are waiting for the C55 due out later. Will see how the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE deluxe will work out.
Just to back up my comments....note the date when I posted and the date of this artical... :cool:

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/10765

EDIT: RANT coming WARNING...... :mad:

Well if Nvidia would just get their act together we wouldnt be have probms finding a SLI conroe mobo. Its already proven that all that is needed is just a driver mod to make SLI work on most dual PCIe 16 slot Intel chipset mobos. It's already been done with the Nvidia 8 series drivers and is working on Intel Chipset mobos like the P5W DH deluxe, and others. But Nvidia put a stop to mod'd drivers in their 9 series drivers by adding what seems to be a checksum that discourages mod'd code. C'mon Nvidia if you cant deliver a decent chipset for the conroe then at least release drivers that support SLI on other chipsets.

Closed Thread HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page