Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeven View Post

Same problem with disconecting problem on xbox 360 wireless pad on PC because of an usb tuner.
After plug-in this USB tuner my xbox pad keep disconecting itself....I move xbox receiver into my LCD usb hub.... no problem after this....

This fix must be in MICROSOFT FAQ, not only interference with routers, microwave, mobile phones......

WE NEED MORE USB POWER

EDIT: For ANY GAMES that do not see xbox 360 pad i use Pinnacle Game Profiler, some kind of Xpadder but much better.

Sorry new to this, can you use Pinnacle Game Profiler or Xpadder when playing MW2 in Multiplayer match Online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
No. MW2 does not allow the use of the Xbox 360 controller. I was going to play MW 2 on the PC until I learned that it's keyboard only

Those Who Attempt To Destroy Me, Shall Be Obliterated!!

Megatron
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfame View Post

No. MW2 does not allow the use of the Xbox 360 controller. I was going to play MW 2 on the PC until I learned that it's keyboard only

Bigfame, thanks for your repsond. So this program only works with certain games? I thought the program is to just configure the keyboard keys to certain buttons on the Xbox controller?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Bigfame, thanks for your repsond. So this program only works with certain games? I thought the program is to just configure the keyboard keys to certain buttons on the Xbox controller?

Xpadder will allow you to play Modern Warfare 2 on the PC. Xpadder basically emulates your mouse's and keyboard's buttons. It'll be a pain to initially setup but it should work just fine and you're done.

Regarding issues with the installation of the wireless receiver, it just turns out that I've written an article about that a few hours ago having only received my receiver by the mail today.

Check it out:
http://www.steelfrog.com/using-the-m...ows-7-or-vista

XBOX Live: Steelfrogg
PSN: Steelfrog
----------
Come play Battlefield3 with me!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 AM

I use 2 x Xbox 360 wireless controllers to play retro games on Windows Media Center 7 with EmuCenter. When not in use they sit in a chargeable docking station:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...k/Product.html

All of these Emulators are working with the XBOX 360 Wireless Controller:

Arcade (Mame)
Amiga (WinUAE)
Atari 2600 (Stella)
Dreamcast (NullDC) - Only for Soul Calibur Really. Version nullDC_100b1_6_mmu.exe is the only one that works with the wireless controller.
N64 (Project 64)
Sega Megadrive/Genesis (Fusion)
Spectaculator (ZX Spectrum)
SNES (ZsnesW)
PS One (ePSXe)

In some cases a bit of fiddling was necessary but once it's working it stays working. It seems that some of the issues mentioned earlier in the thread must have been resolved.

It's quite amusing playing Sabre Wulf on the ZX Spectrum with a XBOX 360 controller!

Anyone remember Kempston Joystick?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Threadjack! (sort of) Does anyone else experience analog calibration problems with 360 controllers on the PC? I've been screwing with this used 360 wired controller for a while and it's still driving me nuts. It's hard for Niko to finish his missions when he keeps chickenwalking to the right, away from cover, during firefights.

I've tried the recalibration procedure in Control Panel: Game Controllers. I've also tried soldering in a replacement analog switch at the left thumbstick port. While it felt newer and smoother, the input is still cocked down and to the right. The damn thing just will not center no matter what I do. If buying another controller is the fix, fine, I'll do it...but will that be the solution? Doesn't make sense that the new switch didn't fix the problem.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've never experienced any issues like that. Perhaps an issue with too sensitive of a dead zone?

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan View Post

Threadjack! (sort of) Does anyone else experience analog calibration problems with 360 controllers on the PC? I've been screwing with this used 360 wired controller for a while and it's still driving me nuts. It's hard for Niko to finish his missions when he keeps chickenwalking to the right, away from cover, during firefights.

I've tried the recalibration procedure in Control Panel: Game Controllers. I've also tried soldering in a replacement analog switch at the left thumbstick port. While it felt newer and smoother, the input is still cocked down and to the right. The damn thing just will not center no matter what I do. If buying another controller is the fix, fine, I'll do it...but will that be the solution? Doesn't make sense that the new switch didn't fix the problem.

The analogue stick on my 360 wireless pad is floaty too. They all do this after a certain amount of time (360, PS3, etc). There really is no solution as some games require more accuracy than others. The only thing you can do is buy another pad.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

The analogue stick on my 360 wireless pad is floaty too. They all do this after a certain amount of time (360, PS3, etc). There really is no solution as some games require more accuracy than others. The only thing you can do is buy another pad.

Thanks, I bought another controller. I just don't understand how replacing the entire analog assembly didn't fix the problem...unless the chip on the controller board "calibrates" itself for the old switch and doesn't reset until after a certain number of uses? I dunno... Aggravating.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:46 PM

I bought one of these off of Amazon last week, assuming it was the official one. Of course it wasn't. I got some knockoff Chinese model instead.

However... I set it up with the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" in the manual driver install box and it works perfectly. I'm going to get one of the black 360 controllers and I hope it'll work with that one as well.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
This USB Wireless receiver is the greatest. Didn't even know it existed until I was reading an XBox 360 thread the other day.

Immediately bought one. Will be using my Microsoft wireless racing wheels with my PC games, hopefully. Am looking to set up a brand new "Dream 3D" HTPC to do 3D racing on my forthcoming Panny plasma.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:58 AM

I bought one less than $15 and free shipping on Gameaccy.com. It work fine so far.