IR2BT discusion thread: all posts related to IR2BT go here - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 581 Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Member
 
DaveW42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Edit:
The order numbers must not be sequential (?). My order number was in the low 800's.

Dave
DaveW42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 581 Old 05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I am number #496
bori is offline  
post #183 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Gillest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had mine now (order #371) for a few weeks and it has worked flawlessly since I installed it. Now finally controlling all my A/V using my Harmony 659 remote.

I would certainly recommend this product.
Gillest is offline  
post #184 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 27,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 775
They are down to about 150 left out of this batch of 900 after roughly 12 hours of ordering...
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #185 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
swarm87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW42 View Post

The order numbers must not be sequential (?).

well thats not fair

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
swarm87 is offline  
post #186 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Member
 
IR2BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW42 View Post

Edit:
The order numbers must not be sequential (?). My order number was in the low 800's.

Dave

The order numbers are sequential. As stated in this thread -
http://www.ir2bt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141
the order numbers on May 21st began with 464 and increase by 1 with each order.

Bruce Mitchell
IR2BT Devices, Inc.
IR2BT is offline  
post #187 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bizill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR2BT View Post

The order numbers are sequential. As stated in this thread -
http://www.ir2bt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141
the order numbers on May 21st began with 464 and increase by 1 with each order.

Bruce Mitchell
IR2BT Devices, Inc.

hey bruce, can't wait to get this for my ps3 and my harmony 659!! order 491 here!!! thanks for making such an awesome product that many state "delivers on the goods!"
Bizill is offline  
post #188 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR2BT View Post

The order numbers are sequential. As stated in this thread -
http://www.ir2bt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141
the order numbers on May 21st began with 464 and increase by 1 with each order.

Bruce Mitchell
IR2BT Devices, Inc.


Yes I am 496!!
bori is offline  
post #189 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
GumboChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Only 3 left.
GumboChief is offline  
post #190 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
GumboChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Last one sold at 3:39pm, EDT.
GumboChief is offline  
post #191 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Newbie
 
Prepaypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens, N.Y.
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WOW I think i ordered the last one.....# 1276 here......cant wait
Prepaypete is offline  
post #192 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
JTYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Order #1247, I just barely made it apparently.

Format Neutral
JTYoung is offline  
post #193 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Member
 
Chase265's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
man...missed out again, I even signed up for the mailing list, and didn't get an email informing me that the were available.

oh well, must wait til next time
Chase265 is offline  
post #194 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
GumboChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase265 View Post

man...missed out again, I even signed up for the mailing list, and didn't get an email informing me that the were available.

oh well, must wait til next time

I'm sure there will be some on Ebay by Wednesday
GumboChief is offline  
post #195 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
swarm87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 45
do these come with an instruction manual?

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
swarm87 is offline  
post #196 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Member
 
IR2BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

do these come with an instruction manual?

Yes, we ship them with a new, one-page instruction manual on the basic steps to get the IR2BT setup. Between that sheet, the videos available at www.youtube.com/ir2bt and all of the information available on our forums at www.ir2bt.com/forum , you should be able to be up and running within minutes.

Bruce...
IR2BT is offline  
post #197 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Nucleartiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Irmo
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I too unfortunately missed the boat on this newest availability. I was really looking forward to getting my order in for one of these. I certainly hope that there wasn't a group of people that bought a bunch of these just so that they can scalp them on Ebay.

Feeling the Purple Power thanks to HD DVD and Blu Ray.
Nucleartiger is offline  
post #198 of 581 Old 05-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Nucleartiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Irmo
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Bruce any reason why you don't take pre-orders before getting the components in? For some people (myself included) that work odd hours and go days without the ability to access their email because of work the current set-up really hampers our ability to place an order for your product.

Feeling the Purple Power thanks to HD DVD and Blu Ray.
Nucleartiger is offline  
post #199 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
GumboChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
While I'm sure he is busy trying to get the current batch out, I would not be surprised if he does this for the next go.
Just think of the inventory issues he has now...
No one wants to buy 3000 units worth of parts, if he can only move 500 more units.
I dont think anyone knows what the true size of this market is. (well we know how many ps3s are out there, but you know what I mean)
Doing a pre-order and charging a credit card 45 days before a ship is problematic, but at least he would be able to order raw components, and not be afraid that an inventory glut would wipe out whatever profit he has earned to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartiger View Post

Hey Bruce any reason why you don't take pre-orders before getting the components in? For some people (myself included) that work odd hours and go days without the ability to access their email because of work the current set-up really hampers our ability to place an order for your product.

GumboChief is offline  
post #200 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Nucleartiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Irmo
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumboChief View Post

While I'm sure he is busy trying to get the current batch out, I would not be surprised if he does this for the next go.
Just think of the inventory issues he has now...
No one wants to buy 3000 units worth of parts, if he can only move 500 more units.
I dont think anyone knows what the true size of this market is. (well we know how many ps3s are out there, but you know what I mean)
Doing a pre-order and charging a credit card 45 days before a ship is problematic, but at least he would be able to order raw components, and not be afraid that an inventory glut would wipe out whatever profit he has earned to date.

It makes more sense to actually take orders from people in advance so he does have the ability to see how much of an actual demand there is for the product.

The current way it is being done is entirely guess work.

I "think" that I can sell another 1000 units, Instead of saying yep I know that I have 4000 pre-orders to be filled so I need to order 4000 units worth of components.

Feeling the Purple Power thanks to HD DVD and Blu Ray.
Nucleartiger is offline  
post #201 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Member
 
IR2BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartiger View Post

Hey Bruce any reason why you don't take pre-orders before getting the components in?

Yes, there are several reasons:

One is because my order system does not allow me to take orders without taking payment (charging cards). I don't want to hold peoples' money unless I have the parts in-hand and I'd also doubt that most people would want to wait more than a 4 weeks when their card has already been charged. A 4,000 unit pre-order would be about a 4 month wait for the people at the end of the queue. Heck, I'm already getting "when will mine ship" emails from yesterday's orders. If people start cancelling orders because of the delay and I have to start issuing chargebacks, then I can lose my credit card processing all together.

Next, as GumboChief points out, "No one wants to buy 3000 units worth of parts"..."and not be afraid that an inventory glut would wipe out whatever profit he has earned to date." If you think there's huge profits being made at these relatively small volume levels and margins then you'd be mistaken. Bluetooth modules are VERY expensive so inventory management is a delicate balancing game to play (and finance). And as he also mentions "Doing a pre-order and charging a credit card 45 days before a ship is problematic..." as I stated in the previous paragraph.

Hope that helps you understand my situation,

Bruce...
IR2BT is offline  
post #202 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rob316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR2BT View Post

Heck, I'm already getting "when will mine ship" emails from yesterday's orders.
Bruce...

So when is order #502 shipping , just kidding, hopefully soon.
rob316 is offline  
post #203 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
swarm87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 45
just wondering, do the shipments require delivery confermation (they need to be signed for)?

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
swarm87 is offline  
post #204 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Nucleartiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Irmo
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR2BT View Post

Yes, there are several reasons:

One is because my order system does not allow me to take orders without taking payment (charging cards). I don't want to hold peoples' money unless I have the parts in-hand and I'd also doubt that most people would want to wait more than a 4 weeks when their card has already been charged. A 4,000 unit pre-order would be about a 4 month wait for the people at the end of the queue. Heck, I'm already getting "when will mine ship" emails from yesterday's orders. If people start cancelling orders because of the delay and I have to start issuing chargebacks, then I can lose my credit card processing all together.

Next, as GumboChief points out, "No one wants to buy 3000 units worth of parts"..."and not be afraid that an inventory glut would wipe out whatever profit he has earned to date." If you think there's huge profits being made at these relatively small volume levels and margins then you'd be mistaken. Bluetooth modules are VERY expensive so inventory management is a delicate balancing game to play (and finance). And as he also mentions "Doing a pre-order and charging a credit card 45 days before a ship is problematic..." as I stated in the previous paragraph.

Hope that helps you understand my situation,

Bruce...

Thanks for the reply Bruce. I hope you didn't think that I was trying to be an ahole about it just was wondering why your business was structured like it is. I can see where you are coming from about the cc orders and such, and as I thought about it (before your message) the more I thought about the financial requirements for a new start up venture such as this it does make sense to keep the order batches small until your ability to mass produce these can allow you to change your financial structure and allow taking pre-orders and not having to charge until you ship them.

Feeling the Purple Power thanks to HD DVD and Blu Ray.
Nucleartiger is offline  
post #205 of 581 Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Member
 
IR2BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Apollo Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

just wondering, do the shipments require delivery confermation (they need to be signed for)?

All shipments are by USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, but not Signature Required.

Bruce...
IR2BT is offline  
post #206 of 581 Old 05-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Newbie
 
likeabadstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Awesome, I was order #488 and I just got an e-mail a short while ago that my IR2BT has been shipped! SWEEEEET!
likeabadstar is offline  
post #207 of 581 Old 05-24-2008, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rob316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeabadstar View Post

Awesome, I was order #488 and I just got an e-mail a short while ago that my IR2BT has been shipped! SWEEEEET!

Cmon Bruce I am #502 where is my email.
rob316 is offline  
post #208 of 581 Old 05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tokerblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm still waiting for my IR2BT, but have a question for fellow Harmony owners. Isn't the shutdown sequence listed right now for powering down from a game vs. a BluRay Player?

PowerToggle
DirectionDown
DirectionDown
PowerToggle (3000 ms)
X
X

Any issues with removing the first three commands?
tokerblue is offline  
post #209 of 581 Old 05-24-2008, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I am number 496 and got my email today!!
bori is offline  
post #210 of 581 Old 05-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lou Sytsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: St. Albert, AB
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

I'm still waiting for my IR2BT, but have a question for fellow Harmony owners. Isn't the shutdown sequence listed right now for powering down from a game vs. a BluRay Player?

PowerToggle
DirectionDown
DirectionDown
PowerToggle (3000 ms)
X
X

Any issues with removing the first three commands?

Nope - check out the 1r2bt forum there is a link to a youtube video that discusses setup for Harmony remotes and shows how to remove the first three commands if you so desire.

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
Lou Sytsma is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Ps3 Media Blu Ray Disc Remote Control

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off