No sound with Samsung BD-P1000 - AVS Forum
Blu-ray Players > No sound with Samsung BD-P1000
bemaniac's Avatar bemaniac 11:49 PM 03-27-2008
So my parents have a Samsung BD-P1000 hooked via HDMI into a Denon AVR-2307CI.

I am getting video but no sound at all.

I have tried every setting imaginable on the Denon AND the Samsung BD player, and I have not been able to get sound working. I also have a cable box hooked into the Denon receiver via HDMI and it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've also tried updating the firmware, and nothing has helped.

ChrisW6ATV's Avatar ChrisW6ATV 01:13 AM 03-28-2008
Have you tried using the optical audio output, or analog to see if you get anything? Also, when you said the cable box sends audio over HDMI properly, did you then plug the Samsung player into that same HDMI input to test it?
bemaniac's Avatar bemaniac 01:29 AM 03-28-2008
I have plugged the Samsung HDMI directly into the TV. Nothing.

Optical audio into the receiver. Nothing

Analog audio into the receiver. I get sound.
BAMAVADER's Avatar BAMAVADER 07:50 AM 03-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemaniac View Post

I have plugged the Samsung HDMI directly into the TV. Nothing.

Optical audio into the receiver. Nothing

Analog audio into the receiver. I get sound.

You may need to assign digital/HDMI inputs on the Denon...

<><<br />

bemaniac's Avatar bemaniac 10:38 AM 03-28-2008
Done that. That also didn't help.
bemaniac's Avatar bemaniac 12:07 PM 03-28-2008
Well, I just got off the phone with Samsung. They're fairly convinced it is a faulty player. Since the player is probably out of warranty (it's my parents' player, and I'm fairly certain they've had it for at least a year), they said it would cost $165 to fix.

I'm probably just going to go out and get a new one (any suggestions?). Hopefully I won't have such bad luck this time.
badboi's Avatar badboi 01:37 PM 03-28-2008
You said you get sound out from the analog connections? Can you set it up with the 5.1 analogs? It might save you from spending unnecessary money on a repair.

As far as a recommendation, I really don't have one at this point in the game. I'm waiting to see what's coming in the next few months from Panasonic and a few others. But if I absolutely had to buy something now, I'd go with a Panasonic.
Up
Mobile  Desktop