AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

The Burning Plain

I've just returned Ong-Bak 2 to Netflix without being able to watch the movie, now this one "The Burning Plain" !

Is it time to buy another bluray player? because I'm afraid many new released discs will cause trouble for this player

Inglorious Basterds played fine. So new releases aren't causing problems for my p1500. Maybe Netflix?(wdon't have access to that in Canada)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5402 of 5647 Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM

Liked: 15
Updated to 2.6 this past weekend and my player seems to be acting just fine. I use the usb method to update my player. Haven't noticed any problems with any discs I've played since then.

Doug
post #5403 of 5647 Old 02-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

The Burning Plain

I've just returned Ong-Bak 2 to Netflix without being able to watch the movie, now this one "The Burning Plain" !

Is it time to buy another bluray player? because I'm afraid many new released discs will cause trouble for this player

Same issue with The Burning Plain. Updated the firmware. Now it's okay.
post #5404 of 5647 Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor1211 View Post

Same issue with The Burning Plain. Updated the firmware. Now it's okay.

Huh? I still had the same issue after installing firmware 2.6
post #5405 of 5647 Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 PM

had some hiccups on "the reader" but it didn't last long.
post #5406 of 5647 Old 02-13-2010, 01:57 PM

tried to watch Couples Retreat but had many skips/freezes.
post #5407 of 5647 Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 PM

Freshly updated my firmware to see if that would fix it but to no avail, "Miracle At St. Anna" won't play on my BD-P1500. All my other Blu-rays play fine and DVDs play fine too. When I insert "Miracle" it says "Load" but freezes everytime and I can't eject so I have to power down. Any ideas? Thanks!
post #5408 of 5647 Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I'm just about fed up with this player - again last night had audio/video freezes about 90mins into the film (Doubt).... did same on Fame last week. Had to power off the unit for 15 mins before it would work. Running 2.6 and tried a factory reset.

I took out an extended warrenty so going to see what they will do..... but not holding my breath

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
post #5409 of 5647 Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestmayhand View Post

Freshly updated my firmware to see if that would fix it but to no avail, "Miracle At St. Anna" won't play on my BD-P1500. All my other Blu-rays play fine and DVDs play fine too. When I insert "Miracle" it says "Load" but freezes everytime and I can't eject so I have to power down. Any ideas? Thanks!

That movies horrible anyways. Its doing you a favor by not playing it.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
post #5410 of 5647 Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I've had zero issues with this player from the beginning.

However I did also purchase some 5/16" rubber feet for it that gets it's belly (which is used as a heat sink), up off the shelf. I wonder if that additional airflow is making a difference...

-sc

-Steve
post #5411 of 5647 Old 02-17-2010, 01:52 PM

First problem I've encountered with this player. Firmware is Version 2.6.

The dvd problem is with a regular dvd and not the BluRay version.

Cannot see the Main Menu for A Law Abiding Citizen. In order to view the movie, we just push the disc menu button on the remote, screen goes black, we wait for a minute, then push the enter button on the remote. The movie then starts playing. Getting to the special features is possible, but I'm not able to navigate through a menu...we just push the disc menu button, then the right arrow, then enter.

All other regular DVDs play fine in this player, and the 2 BluRay DVDs we have too.
post #5412 of 5647 Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

I've had zero issues with this player from the beginning.

However I did also purchase some 5/16" rubber feet for it that gets it's belly (which is used as a heat sink), up off the shelf. I wonder if that additional airflow is making a difference...

-sc

I also raised mine up on rubber grommits - I also run a circulating fan in the understairs equipment closet as seems to be related to length of use. I didn't have issues with it for a long time but recently its been really playing up - especialy on family/wife movies - seems to be OK on action movies..... weird!

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
post #5413 of 5647 Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 AM

Just updated to 2.6 as well. So far so great! No freezing on the few Blu-ray “Star Trek” discs I’ve had time to re-watch, and the Blu-ray “Patton” did not have that annoying pixel breakdown right before its intermission. Only time will tell if I come across any discs with issues. Interesting idea to raise the unit slightly off the stand to help keep it’s innards from overheating. This is something I will defiantly try as well; I mean, what’s the risk?
post #5414 of 5647 Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee1 View Post

First problem I've encountered with this player. Firmware is Version 2.6.

The dvd problem is with a regular dvd and not the BluRay version.

Cannot see the Main Menu for A Law Abiding Citizen. In order to view the movie, we just push the disc menu button on the remote, screen goes black, we wait for a minute, then push the enter button on the remote. The movie then starts playing. Getting to the special features is possible, but I'm not able to navigate through a menu...we just push the disc menu button, then the right arrow, then enter.

All other regular DVDs play fine in this player, and the 2 BluRay DVDs we have too.

Is that disk by any chance a Warner Bros. title. Those are the only ones I've had any issues with.
post #5415 of 5647 Old 02-18-2010, 11:01 AM

I have Ong Bak 2, no problem playing it at all. However, the third time I put the disc in it brought up a screen which said something like "you previously stopped viewing before the movie was complete" - which I had- "would you like to resume playback at this point?" There's a "yes" and "no"- but I couldn't select either, so finally figured out if I pressed "stop" and then 'disc menu', it would let me view the movie. This is the only issue I've ever had with any title I've ever ran through this player, and that includes a majority of the titles mentioned as giving problems on this thread. BTW, I'm still at 2.1
post #5416 of 5647 Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cast&pray View Post

I have Ong Bak 2, no problem playing it at all. However, the third time I put the disc in it brought up a screen which said something like "you previously stopped viewing before the movie was complete" - which I had- "would you like to resume playback at this point?" There's a "yes" and "no"- but I couldn't select either, so finally figured out if I pressed "stop" and then 'disc menu', it would let me view the movie. This is the only issue I've ever had with any title I've ever ran through this player, and that includes a majority of the titles mentioned as giving problems on this thread. BTW, I'm still at 2.1

If you meant the blu-ray version, then I can only assume that firmware 2.5 and 2.6 cannot play this title.

I don't believe in the heat issue at all... The minute I turned on the player (after about 1 day left off), I put the disc in and tried to play Ong Bak 2, the player just could not get hot that fast!
post #5417 of 5647 Old 02-19-2010, 05:59 AM

Yes, the Blu Ray version is what I was talking about.
post #5418 of 5647 Old 02-19-2010, 06:35 PM

Changing resolutions and AV receiver w/ HDMI: Ive always had this issue and hate it! Please help!

Quickly about the setup:
samsung 1500 over hdmi to a onkyo 706, onkyo to a samsung tv over HDMI. On the blueray player: I have movie frame 24fs on, resolution set to 1080p. Bitstream on, pcm down sampling off, dynamic compression off.

Heres my issue: during previews and such of blue ray movies the resolution changes often (fbi warnings, etc). When this occurs everything has to re-handshake. It results in missing things on the screen, sometimes you start a few seconds into a preview. Its annoying. I can fix the output of the onkyo receiver but the blueray player still has to handshake with the onkyo on every resolution change.
post #5419 of 5647 Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCurtis View Post

Is that disk by any chance a Warner Bros. title. Those are the only ones I've had any issues with.

Me too, SO frustrating. I have a Samsung LN46A750. I also have the same menu no signal problem with "Anne of the Thousand Days" (1969) from Universal.

Does Samsung know that they are releases firmware that causes Samsung Blu-ray players not to work with Samsung TVs?!?!
post #5420 of 5647 Old 02-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.Dill View Post

Me too, SO frustrating. I have a Samsung LN46A750. I also have the same menu no signal problem with "Anne of the Thousand Days" (1969) from Universal.

Does Samsung know that they are releases firmware that causes Samsung Blu-ray players not to work with Samsung TVs?!?!

I had let them know about it when I first noticed it, just after the last [2.5] release. However, it wouldn't hurt for others or yourself to call and complain/report it. The more that do respond, the better the chances for a fix in the next firmware update.
post #5421 of 5647 Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Has anyone the knowledge to "mod" the european firmware version if this player? (DIVX support!!)....
post #5422 of 5647 Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:

I had let them know about it when I first noticed it, just after the last [2.5] release. However, it wouldn't hurt for others or yourself to call and complain/report it. The more that do respond, the better the chances for a fix in the next firmware update.

Who do I call? I really don't want to waste my time going through some script.
post #5423 of 5647 Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 AM

Sigh. I had updated to 2.6 over the 'Net. Everything seemed to be fine, but I gradually noticed that it wouldn't display still galleries on either BD or DVD and wouldn't allow you to get to some sub-menus on DVDs. So frustrating. I'm going to try and revert to 2.5, which had been working fine, and see what happens. Wish me luck. I'm rather strapped, at the moment, and can't really justify a new player.
post #5424 of 5647 Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 AM

JMCurtis...the regular DVD "Law Abiding Citizen" is put out by Anchor Bay Entertaintment.

No Warner Bros. logos anywhere.
post #5425 of 5647 Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM

So I guess the DVD problems go to other labels as well. I don't have any Anchor Bay titles in my DVD collection.
post #5426 of 5647 Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Who do I call? I really don't want to waste my time going through some script.

Call Samsung tech support. It's the only way they'll know if there are problems that they don't know about. I do think however, Samsung should routinely test BD and DVD [old and new] media every so often to see if a firmware update causes or fixes problems though.
post #5427 of 5647 Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Call Samsung tech support. It's the only way they'll know if there are problems that they don't know about. I do think however, Samsung should routinely test BD and DVD [old and new] media every so often to see if a firmware update causes or fixes problems though.

I'll have to find a free block of time...BTW, you are talking about versions 2.5 and 2.6, but mine says:

S/W: 100111.01_111208B1_XAA
Region: A/1 (BD/DVD)
post #5428 of 5647 Old 02-25-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:

I'll have to find a free block of time...BTW, you are talking about versions 2.5 and 2.6, but mine says:

S/W: 100111.01_111208B1_XAA
Region: A/1 (BD/DVD)

That's version 2.6 [current update version]. The numbers relate to their internal release date.

As yet, I have not installed this version due to reports here.
post #5429 of 5647 Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Just got my repaired BD-P1500 back after 2.6 bricked it. Playing with the settings, I decided to switch from PCM to Bitstream (audiophile) into my Sony STR-DG820 through HDMI. The receiver shows that it's getting DTS-HD Master Audio, but there's a noticeable buzz from my speakers (much louder than the minor background buzz when using PCM). Both the other audio options are set to off.

Has anyone experienced issues with Bitstream (audiophile) and DTS-HD master? When I play a DVD or use PCM, the buzzing goes away. Would the Sony AVR be the more likely culprit?
post #5430 of 5647 Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Hi, I just updated my player to the latest firmware using the internal update feature in the setup menu.

However, now the 24Hz will not stay. When I switch to it, my screen goes blank, then flashes back in 10 seconds or so with 60Hz as the setting.

Any ideas? What is the best firmware for using 24Hz? 24Hz worked before the update, but would lose it's setting from time to time... I don't even know what firmware I had before the flash

Premise, a FREE home automation program. Open-source Z-Wave Premise Module found here.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page