The Official Samsung BD-P1500 Owner's Thread - Page 189 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm throwing mine out. This time I only got five or ten minutes into the movie when it started skipping. The disk looks perfect.

There is a spot on the bottom of the BD-P1500 that is too hot to touch, even with the player elevated.

I'm mainly pissed off that Costco is already closed. I was just making sure this thing is at the end of the road so I can go get the Sony BDP-BX110/BDP-S1100. They've had a huge stack of them at my local Costco for a month or two for $70. Hopefully there's one left.

Hope they get 4K ironed out for Blu-ray, but meanwhile I'll go $70. I paid $210 for this piece of junk not too many years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM

Liked: 10
I upgraded mine less than a month ago. Went with a Panasonic DMP-BDT320. II'm a happy guy!

The Samsung BD-P1500 was always a good player for me and haven't had any problems. Gave it to a friend.
After updating to the latest firmware I ran into a couple of Netflix disc that would not play. I just figured it was time for a new one.
Mine never overheated.

If it sounds good, it is good. ~ Duke Ellington

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." ~ Peter Clemenza

Visit my site for gear and photos
Old 05-06-2013, 11:51 AM

My Samsung BD-P1500 crapped out on me over the weekend after owning it for 4 years. Nothing will load anymore and always stuck at the load and close. The unit was running really hot when it stopped working on me.

I went out and bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT230 as a replacement. I hope this one last just as long.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 AM

Recently purchased this model and would like to know if it's possible to play movie files directly via a USB? If not, is there any software or anything along those lines i could use that would allow me to directly play files via a USB?

If not, would an external hd attached to the player work?

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Usb is for bluray extra downloads

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone know if parts are available for this player? Pretty sure the drive is bad on mine. Plays DVDs and CDs just fine, but skips and hangs on most Blu-rays I put in. I could replace the drive if it were cheap enough but I can't find a replacement drive anywhere. I bought this player from the goodwill for $30 a couple of years ago, so no huge loss if it can't be fixed.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post
Anyone know if parts are available for this player? Pretty sure the drive is bad on mine. Plays DVDs and CDs just fine, but skips and hangs on most Blu-rays I put in. I could replace the drive if it were cheap enough but I can't find a replacement drive anywhere. I bought this player from the goodwill for $30 a couple of years ago, so no huge loss if it can't be fixed.
Cheaper to buy a new player with more features. I'm only keeping mine because it works, but when it dies, I replace it with something much better.

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!

User Tag List