AVS Forum banner

Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase

22K views 228 replies 96 participants last post by  mahicks 
#1 ·
#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford /forum/post/14030555

Well I'll check out the WM website, thanks for the info. BTW I played baseball for the Tigers from 97 to 99.

That B is for Broussard. There are several ex Tiger ballers in this area. Guthrie's kids go to school with mine. Small world. Good luck getting the player.

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford /forum/post/14030598

I just checked the website and it shows it for the Sony and Mag. but says electronic gc. I hope in store it applies and they give me a physical gc.

It should ring up in store. Should be all Blu ray Players. I'd talk to the Electronics manager--if not all will definitely be eligible on the 8th.

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch /forum/post/14034021

Starts on Sunday, June 8. No use trying until then.

You mean, from 8th this will be available B&M? I thought they will continue the on-line only.

#66 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman /forum/post/14031949

fyi-

I was just at Wal-mart tonight and they are now carrying the Panasonic BD30($448-2 instock)) as well as the Magnavox($289-2-instock)) and Samsung($339-1 instock) players.

They finally put the Philips BDP9000 on the clearence bin/endcap for $299.

What location? is this all over WM stores?

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman /forum/post/14031949

fyi-

I was just at Wal-mart tonight and they are now carrying the Panasonic BD30($448-2 instock)) as well as the Magnavox($289-2-instock)) and Samsung($339-1 instock) players.

They finally put the Philips BDP9000 on the clearence bin/endcap for $299.

Samsung 1500?

Where are you located?

#70 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmcrawford /forum/post/14034687

So, tomorrow I can buy the sammy 1500 in-store and get the gift card. I will not buy it if I have to get it online with the electronic gc only. Can anyone confirm this?

That's my understanding and plan. It was reported by Reuters on Jun 3rd and didn't mention online only. If you go to slickdeals.net and search blu ray players, you'll find a link to the endgadget report and on the bottom of this is a link to the Reuters report. Looks real to me.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssC...37087820080603

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch /forum/post/14034737

Go to the Walmart Web site and look at the flyer for the week beginning June 8.

Thanks,

There we have it. We just need the WM's to have some Samsungs, Panasonics, Magnavoxes and PS3's in stock for a couple of days.

#73 ·
Now I just need to decide which one I want and give the appropriate hint to my son. I'm leaning toward the Samsung, but haven't ruled out the Panasonic. PS3, I don't want.

#74 ·
Everyone might want to check out the asterisk on the GC offer online. Looks like it says online only. I called local Wally World to ask if it would be available at the store, clerk tried to scan in and was denied.

The online ad says nothing on the front page, but if you go to the electronics page, you will see the asterisk. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning to see if anything changes.

#75 ·
I'm replacing my ps3, there's nothing wrong with it, it's an excellent player but there are no ps3 games I want as my 360 does all that and more, and better. I just want a player that will bitstream not decode internally. My 4308 was not cheap and I'm sure does a better job decoding. So I'll go with the sammy 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.