Official Blu-Ray Player Audio Setup Thread - All Audio Questions Go Here - Page 57 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1681 of 1693 Old 11-29-2013, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can i use only 1 hdmi connection from the panasonic bdt500 for both video and audio as my denon 1912 is capable for 3D. Will it be the same as this player connected directly to the tv for video and another hdmi to the rcvr as opposed to using a single hdmi.

Hoping you can give me the best insights. I'm also planning a L/R analog connection for audio cd playback.

Do i have to invest for high quality hdmi cables and analog cables as well?

I want to maximize my sound system. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1693 Old 11-29-2013, 02:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by james16 View Post

Can i use only 1 hdmi connection from the panasonic bdt500 for both video and audio as my denon 1912 is capable for 3D. Will it be the same as this player connected directly to the tv for video and another hdmi to the rcvr as opposed to using a single hdmi.

Hoping you can give me the best insights. I'm also planning a L/R analog connection for audio cd playback.

Do i have to invest for high quality hdmi cables and analog cables as well?

I want to maximize my sound system. Thanks
Yes, you can use a single connection to a 3D capable receiver.
Quality cables need not be expensive.
post #1683 of 1693 Old 11-29-2013, 07:10 AM

Is there any sound difference in using 2 hdmi (1 audio and 1 video) over a single hdmi? Thanks

Would i use the surround back connection as my stereo for cd playback?
post #1684 of 1693 Old 11-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by james16 View Post

Is there any sound difference in using 2 hdmi (1 audio and 1 video) over a single hdmi? Thanks

Would i use the surround back connection as my stereo for cd playback?
I've experimented with both methods. My answer is no. I use one HDMI cable for my Oppo and Panasonic. You would use the front for stereo playback of CDs.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1685 of 1693 Old 11-29-2013, 07:37 AM

Ok thank you!
post #1686 of 1693 Old 12-16-2013, 08:51 PM

What is the best way to go and how much better is it? Looking for opinions please as I have done little since hooking up my system 2 years ago.

I watch Netflix, both blue ray and DVD videos, use a cable box for TV viewing , and play CD's. I would like to try some other formats for audio via one of the OPPO blu-ray players.
I am considering a OPPO 103D or a OPPO 105. I'm looking for a simple solution to best sound.

Current System;
Panasonic 65 inch Plazma TV 2012
STD Cable box with HDMI output
Peach Tree Dac-It
Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray player
YBA 100 Passion Integrated Stereo Amp (has 1 set of Balanced inputs)
Speakers 2 channel VMPS RM30 series II

Right now I have the cable box and blu ray player connected to the TV via HDMI and everything is coming out of the tosh link cable on the TV to the peach tree Dac-It, which is connected to the YBA via single ended RCA.
It works and sounds pretty good but the Coaxial hook up on the Peach Tree is suppose to be better than the tosh link and has 192/24bit resolution where the tosh link only has 96/24 bit.

If I purchase the OPPO 103D, I could leave everything hooked up the same and take advantage of the coaxial output to the Peach Tree Dac-It. Which I would think will improve the audio. Or run the HDMI from the cable box to the OPPO and tack advantage of the Darbee video processing and the coax output to the Dac-it.

If I purchased the OPPO 105 I could eliminate the Dac-It, go directly from the balanced stereo outputs of the OPPO to the balanced inputs of the YBA. (I am guessing this last scenario would be the most elegant and sound the best.) albeit at the highest cost.

Another route I have just considered is running from the 103D via the 2 channel outputs to the YBA eliminating the Peach Tree.

Unless I move which does not seem to be in the cards I will not be doing any surround sound.

Thanks for any advice from those who have experience with any of this.
post #1687 of 1693 Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So my area I'd slated for a dedicated theater in our new house has now become a kid's area for the next 10 years or so...

I'm thinking of adding a projector into an already finished basement area - that's an issue. I'll have a remotely placed projector and bluray player at one end of the room, another bluray player, TV, Onkyo TX-NR609 AVR at the other end of the room. Everything can be hard wired into the LAN if necessary.

How can I get the audio from the projector bluray player to the AVR (or even the other bluray player) without running an extra HDMI cable to the AVR (steel beam crossing the room in the joist area)?

I've searched and searched, and everyone wants to know how to stream audio TO a bluray player, never FROM a bluray player.

Please tell me a bluray player can serve as a quasi-DLNA server. What are the least expensive (and simplest - as few boxes as possible) options? DLNA? Bluetooth? Hopefully I'm overlooking something painfully obvious.
post #1688 of 1693 Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 PM

Greetings,

I have a hopefully simple question about the lossless Dolby hd/DTS hd formats. I own a Panasonic BDT500 player, and use the 2 channel analog outs to an older stereo receiver. I am trying to find out if the downmixing process maintains the integrity of the lossless soundtracks as far as the sample/bit rates go. Does the player simply mix the channels or does it send a compressed version?

Thanks
post #1689 of 1693 Old 02-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Hi-
I've entered a new realm in both ausio and video.
In Ausio: I upgraded to a Prima Lluna Tube Integrated Amp ($3200) , a Prima Luna tube Audio CD player ($2400) and a pair of Martin Logan Electro-Motion Electrostatic hybrids speakers ($2200). And 2 SVS Sealed Box 13" Ultra Subwoofers ($3200) to Cover the bottom.
In Video: the 2113 model Samsung 55" "no bezel" LED TV $2600)

I am looking at buying the Oppo 105 Darbee Blu-Ray player. The Prima Luna CD player is audio only, and includes a toslink digital out, but there is no corresponding Toslink "INPUT" on the Prima Luna Integrated amp (?). Only analog RCA ins and outs . Using the Oppo as a DAC bridge might be the solution,, using the Oppo analog outputs feeding the PL amp in "Theater bypass" mode as the front 2-channels of the 5.1 Home Theater system.
Is the Oppo105 Darbee a good sonic match for a modern tube amp/ Electrstaic hybrid floorstanding speaker system?
post #1690 of 1693 Old 02-14-2014, 07:00 AM

I have a Blu-Ray Player Audio Setup Question?

Here is my system;

NAD T175 preamp with the following listening modes:

• Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, ProLogic II, ProLogic IIx, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 24/96, DTS NEO:6, EARS and Stereo Enhanced Surround Modes

My Blu-Ray Player is a Sony BDP-S3100, and my audio settings are

Digital Audio Output: Auto

BD Audio Mix: off

DTS Neo:6: on

Autio DRC: off

Downmix: Surround

Here is my question when I play a DVD (not a blu-ray disk), my NAD only allows two listening modes Dolby Digital, and Stero Downmix why can't I get all the other listening modes above?

I know if I go to PCM mode I get all the listening modes on my NAD, but then the Blu-Ray Player is doing the decoding.

post #1691 of 1693 Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 AM

Just testing.

post #1692 of 1693 Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 PM

Anybody know if there is a Codec Support pack for the BDP s3200..?

After updating with the latest firmware from Sony, not all of the XViDs (avi's) I have are playing.  They play fine on my XBoX360, but the BDP returns a message of "The is corrupt or unsupported".  Figuring it's a codec issue.

Any help would be appreciated.  Tried to contact Sony, but the "Tech" didn't seem to interested in helping me out without charging me.  :-(

Thanks.

post #1693 of 1693 Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
OK, seriously hoping someone can help me here.

I have a Pioneer BDP-51FD connected by HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-919AH.

I can not get the PQLS to function no matter what I try.

Tried disconnecting all other units (including TV), numerous hard re-starts of both units.

Tried updating firmware to latest versions on both units. (1.74 on BDP and StM 1056 for the AVR)

I have checked all Kuro settings on both units and verified the sound fields are appropriate for 2 channel PQLS playback.

At wits end, any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - P1600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page