Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3241 of 3625 Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post

I recently decided to do a firmware update to my A1 and just discovered I cannot view the setup menu. When I press the setup button on the remote It shows the words setup on the A1's display and the words setup appear in the right corner of my display but the actual setup menu doesn't appear. Also once I press the setup button on the remote the A1 locks up and the only thing I can do is turn it off. It also takes a long time to turn off over 20 seconds and I know in the past it would just be a second or so to turn itself off. I can still play a disc but just can't seem to access the setup menu. has anybody ever experienced this issue. I decided to do the firmware update because I was having an issue with the West Side Story bluray disc digitizing I returned the disc to Amazon and they sent me a replacement and it behave the same, so I figured that maybe if updated the A1 it might fix the problem. Unfortunately since I can no longer access the setup menu I can't do the firmware update.

This is so Onkyo/Integra-like. I remember the heart attack i had the first i thought i had bricked my Integra with a serial port firmware update. The trick was to keep re-applying the update until it took, so buggy was the implementation. Sure enough, after about 8 attempts it worked, each prev. leaving the unit non-functional. Now running for 3 years and no more for me.

Luckily for me my A1 can't even get a DHCP address on my network
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3625 Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20

Why? it shoudn"t be doing that.
Mine got a dhcp from day one.

Limits established to be exceeded.
post #3243 of 3625 Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lately my A1UD with lastest FW updated cannot play recent bluray discs release especially from US those are region A same as HK I live.For example HongKong KungFu Panda 2,my player can play fine but NO DISC when play US disc.Other problematic discs are Captain America,Super 8 etc.All discs can play with zero problem with Oppo93.What should I do? Thanks.
post #3244 of 3625 Old 01-14-2012, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomark911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu View Post

Lately my A1UD with lastest FW updated cannot play recent bluray discs release especially from US those are region A same as HK I live.For example HongKong KungFu Panda 2,my player can play fine but NO DISC when play US disc.Other problematic discs are Captain America,Super 8 etc.All discs can play with zero problem with Oppo93.What should I do? Thanks.

Maibe the salaried techs at Denon disabled the ethernet to reduce workload from the influx of players crippled by faulty firmware updates. Time to start paying them like in Vegas

============================================================ ============
Quote:

I agree with welwynnick to a point. the A1 for me sounds better especially for 2-channel music. It also was a considerable upgrade as dvd-a and sacd player over my previous Integra 10.5 universal player. If you don't need a player that can also play m/c dvd-a and sacd I'm pretty sure there are better sounding 2-channel players. I myself am very happy with what I'm hearing paired up with my Classe SSP-800 pre/pro. Even though the Classe has exceptional dacs in its own right, I prefer the sound of 2-channel when using the balanced analog xlr's and just using the Classe as a pre-amp. That says something for A1. I'm not sure how much the AL32 or the balanced xlr's or the AKM4399 32-bit dacs (I read somewhere that these are the same used in the Esoteric universal players) plays into this. I also have an Arcam CD192 dedicated cd player that doesn't come close to the sound of the A1 IMO.

+1 Amen brother! I come from the Oppo980 DSD transport with DHC-9.9 and the analog out route takes my SACDs to a whole new level. In fact, a refurb A1 makes a helluva multichannel SACD player deal when compared to the Marantz UD-9005, Esoterics, and other high end uber-5k 2-channel purist players using the same AKM4399 DACs, keeping in mind that 1/3 of the A1 i occupied by the differential fully balanced 2 channel section.
post #3245 of 3625 Old 01-21-2012, 01:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Sometimes I do things in ass backwards order. I just downloaded the latest firmware update, and went to the DENON website to learn what it is all about. I scrolled down to the A1 DVD model number and entered the serial number. Upon pressing the "submit" icon the message "please insert a valid serial number" appeared. I double checked everything and tried again several times with the same result.

Any ideas? Anybody know what the latest firmware does?

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #3246 of 3625 Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Simple Analog Audio Hookup Question:

If i have a stereo XLR pair out do i need to also hook up 7.1 RCAs
for 7.1 or just do 5.1 RCA and let the XLRs handle L/R channels?

Thank you.
==========================================

UPDATE:

I figured it out, if i link my DHC-80.3 and instruct it to take the accept
balanced the A1 will feed it DOWNMIXED 2 channel via XLRs, or native
if on the 2 channel layer of SACDs.

If i feed it multichannel analog it will come out 5.1 but only via the RCAs,

If i decode DTSHD in the player i CANNOT GET RID OF DOWNMIX, even
when outputting analog 5.1 (from DTSHD5.1) it shows downmix, this is
a minor hindrance as i use it almost entirely for SACD.

Goodbye Oppo BD-980H, trusty old friend. The advantages of DSD are
shattered by the A1's decoding, much wider soundstage, with such detail and clarity
that i want to relisten to my entire 580 SACD collection again

I also find myself wanting to listen more to the 2 channel layer, the XLR stereo shines.
In fact the slot on my DHC-80.3 freed by the departure of the Oppo will be assigned
to balanced stereo layer duty. Just at the pic below, the entire right 1/3 is occupied with
2 channel:

Now i need to clone myself so i can cathc some sleep.

======================================================

Quote:

Got it, had to manually make it look for network, that is way too old fashioned, got the latest firmware,
no glitches.
post #3247 of 3625 Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Hi there - long standing owner of the AVP/POA here....just looking at a ex dem DVD-A1UD...

...keen to get region free bluray...

Has anybody fitted one of the rom region hacks available? ....a couple of Dutch outfits offer them - such as JVB DIGITAL - would really appreciate any experiences before taking the plunge!
post #3248 of 3625 Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7614 View Post

Hi there - long standing owner of the AVP/POA here....just looking at a ex dem DVD-A1UD...

...keen to get region free bluray...

Has anybody fitted one of the rom region hacks available? ....a couple of Dutch outfits offer them - such as JVB DIGITAL - would really appreciate any experiences before taking the plunge!

See my post a few screens back. I did.
post #3249 of 3625 Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post

Maibe the salaried techs at Denon disabled the ethernet to reduce workload from the influx of players crippled by faulty firmware updates. Time to start paying them like in Vegas

============================================================ ============

+1 Amen brother! I come from the Oppo980 DSD transport with DHC-9.9 and the analog out route takes my SACDs to a whole new level. In fact, a refurb A1 makes a helluva multichannel SACD player deal when compared to the Marantz UD-9005, Esoterics, and other high end uber-5k 2-channel purist players using the same AKM4399 DACs, keeping in mind that 1/3 of the A1 i occupied by the differential fully balanced 2 channel section.

I have finally decided to take my A1 in for repair. I reported earlier about not being able to access the set-up menu. I also recently started having pixolating and freezing issues on a number of bd disc's that all played fine on my Denon 3800 bd player so it appears I have some other problems going on. At first I thought I was going to have to send it to New Jersey but I was assured that this relatively local place can handle the repair. I just hope the repair will not be to costly or may have to consider just buying the new Oppo BD95 or a lesser expensive player since I primarily use my pre/pro for the audio processing and speaker/bass management. However I feel I will miss the sound of 2-channel music which I was using the A1 balanced analog xlr's.
post #3250 of 3625 Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

So what is the consensus on DTSHD-MA multichannel downmixing
if audio output is set to multichannel analog?

I for one cannot understand, as i get the DMix logo light up no matter what i do but still hear 5.1 or 7.1 out.
post #3251 of 3625 Old 02-03-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So what is the consensus on DTSHD-MA multichannel downmixing
if audio output is set to multichannel analog?

I for one cannot understand, as i get the DMix logo light up no matter what i do but still hear 5.1 or 7.1 out.

In my set-up I prefer using my pre/pro SSP800 for all m/c music bd dvd-a and even sacd; with the only exception being the 2 channel xlr anaog on the A1. I prefer going that route for all 2-channel. I'm not sure about the DMix light your experiencing but can't remember seeing it maybe because I am going the HDMI route. I will look at that when I get my A1 back from repair.
post #3252 of 3625 Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In my set-up I prefer using my pre/pro SSP800 for all m/c music bd dvd-a and even sacd; with the only exception being the 2 channel xlr anaog on the A1. I prefer going that route for all 2-channel. I'm not sure about the DMix light your experiencing but can't remember seeing it maybe because I am going the HDMI route. I will look at that when I get my A1 back from repair.

You are a few level above me in the food chain

On the 2 channel XLR there is no argument, just look at the two symmetrical configurations
on the panel right of the disc drive i posted above. Fully balanced differential definitely shines.
I also have no problem with the SACD MCH via the analog, as long as i don't forget to hit the
"Disc Layer" button which i already prog'd into the Harmony's screen. I guess i can't expect
everything from one player, no matter how it downmixex DTHD via analog it is still the best for
me.

My serial is 000000100, date of manuf. May 2009 Lucky # innit?

Teh Classe is a wonderful pre/pro, alas i can only dream, the 6MT Audi S4 got me in the doghouse already.
post #3253 of 3625 Old 02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

On the 2 channel XLR there is no argument, just look at the two symmetrical configurations
on the panel right of the disc drive i posted above. Fully balanced differential definitely shines.
I also have no problem with the SACD MCH via the analog, as long as i don't forget to hit the
"Disc Layer" button which i already prog'd into the Harmony's screen. I guess i can't expect
everything from one player, no matter how it downmixex DTHD via analog it is still the best for
me.

Teh Classe is a wonderful pre/pro, alas i can only dream, the 6MT Audi S4 got me in the doghouse already.

Just curious, why are you hitting the Disc Layer button? I play SACD's and have never had to hit my Disc Layer button for the discs to play properly. Like you I use the analog. My DMix lights up but the surround remains intact and is not mixed down to a stereo signal. I have no way of knowing if the overall resolution is affected.

post #3254 of 3625 Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post

Just curious, why are you hitting the Disc Layer button? I play SACD's and have never had to hit my Disc Layer button for the discs to play properly. Like you I use the analog. My DMix lights up but the surround remains intact and is not mixed down to a stereo signal. I have no way of knowing if the overall resolution is affected.

I have both XLR and RCA connections. My Integra processor has "dumb" ie not autosensing analog inputs, so i had to set up separate activities one with XLR, the other one with RCA priority. To exemplify, if i switch to the Stereo layer i will hear nothing because now the signal is sent via XLR but my processor does not know as that input has MCH priority. The workaround is really easy with a Harmony remote with two activities, one on XLR, the other one on MCH priority, still waiting for the S-Video splitter so i can display ID3 for both activities on the secondary monitor (the touchscreen for my Escient server).

I know, I could just shut off XLR in the A1 but i had my head worked on for too long by 2-channel vinylisti, so i will drink the balanced differential coolaid without a grimace. Too bad the processor and amp don't reciprocate, but hey, i can't afford a Classé, will start playing the lottery one of these days though.
post #3255 of 3625 Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

me.

Hey you atleast got an A1 that's working properly. The SSP800 is a nice pre/pro and is an excellent pre-amp. I don't really use its audio processing capabilities to it's fullest extent, but some day I may get an audio calibration. I have been listening to cd's with my Denon 3800 bd player and it is pretty good cd player just not quite in the same class as the A1.
post #3256 of 3625 Old 02-06-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

After reading thru some of the Oppo forum and website I am now considering getting the Oppo 93 as opposed to the 95 and use that as my main player for all bluray discs and m/c music. With my Denon A1UDCI bd player I was using HDMI to my Classe SSP800 pre/pro for all the audio processing when playing bd and all multi-channel music(dvd-a, sacd). I will than be just using the A1, when I finally get it back from repair, for all 2-channel music via the balanced analog xlr's this is where this player excelled IMO not so much as a bluray player. It also was very good with m/c dvd-a and sacd but started just using the HDMI and Classe for that as well as I felt it was equal to or slightly better than going m/c analog route. It seems a shame to be reduced to using such an expensive source player for just 2-channel music. Anyway maybe it's not a bad idea to share the load and plus if a disc starts to act up in one player I'll have another option. I hope I'm safe to assume from what I have read that the 93 is all that the 95 is with the exception of the superior analog section? The A1 has always been a very slow player to use and from what I have read this is a strenght of the Oppo, plus it will be nice to get the smart apps, wireless connectivity and 3D.
post #3257 of 3625 Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

After reading thru some of the Oppo forum and website I am now considering getting the Oppo 93 as opposed to the 95 and use that as my main player for all bluray discs and m/c music. With my Denon A1UDCI bd player I was using HDMI to my Classe SSP800 pre/pro for all the audio processing when playing bd and all multi-channel music(dvd-a, sacd). I will than be just using the A1, when I finally get it back from repair, for all 2-channel music via the balanced analog xlr's this is where this player excelled IMO not so much as a bluray player. It also was very good with m/c dvd-a and sacd but started just using the HDMI and Classe for that as well as I felt it was equal to or slightly better than going m/c analog route. It seems a shame to be reduced to using such an expensive source player for just 2-channel music. Anyway maybe it's not a bad idea to share the load and plus if a disc starts to act up in one player I'll have another option. I hope I'm safe to assume from what I have read that the 93 is all that the 95 is with the exception of the superior analog section? The A1 has always been a very slow player to use and from what I have read this is a strenght of the Oppo, plus it will be nice to get the smart apps, wireless connectivity and 3D.

Yes, if you'll only be using the digital connections, that BDP-93 will give you the same result as a BDP-95. Only get the BDP-95 if you're going to use the analog outputs with very good (or better) equipment in the rest of the system (or if optional rack mount ears are really important to you ).

Having a 2nd Bluray player in your system for situations when a disc won't play on one or the other is definitely a good thing too.
post #3258 of 3625 Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Yes, if you'll only be using the digital connections, that BDP-93 will give you the same result as a BDP-95. Only get the BDP-95 if you're going to use the analog outputs with very good (or better) equipment in the rest of the system (or if optional rack mount ears are really important to you ).

Having a 2nd Bluray player in your system for situations when a disc won't play on one or the other is definitely a good thing too.

I have a pretty modest set-up with the exception of the SSP800 & the A1 when it's working like it should. I would like to upgrade my speakers but a couple of years ago I finally got my center and surrounds to match my front speakers so I don't think that will be happenning any time soon. I think it odd that the thing I like most about the A1 is how good my cd's sound with just my two (what I consider modest) front speakers integrated with my Rel sub.
post #3259 of 3625 Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

I have a pretty modest set-up with the exception of the SSP800 & the A1 when it's working like it should. I would like to upgrade my speakers but a couple of years ago I finally got my center and surrounds to match my front speakers so I don't think that will be happenning any time soon. I think it odd that the thing I like most about the A1 is how good my cd's sound with just my two (what I consider modest) front speakers integrated with my Rel sub.

Assuming your profile info is correct, your speakers would certainly be good enough to benefit from the upgraded analog audio outputs on the 95. My point was that the 93's analog output is good enough for most systems - it's actually quite good.
post #3260 of 3625 Old 02-07-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Assuming your profile info is correct, your speakers would certainly be good enough to benefit from the upgraded analog audio outputs on the 95. My point was that the 93's analog output is good enough for most systems - it's actually quite good.

I have been listening to cd's with my Denon 3800 analog outs to the SSP800 and am thinking I never gave it the credit it's due as a cd player not quite the A1 but pretty close.
post #3261 of 3625 Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just got the not so good news about the repair of my A1 and they said the bluray drive needs to be replaced at cost of $900.00 plus tax. The bluray drive cost 750.00 and has to be ordered and the labor to install is $150.00 and will probably take a couple of weeks to complete the repair. Am I out of line thinking this seems excessive? I have already called Denon to verify this and to ask them why this would happen after only 2½ years when my Denon 3800 bd player that is nearing 6 years old has never been a problem. I wanted To see if there is anything they can do. Supposedly a manager/supervisor person is going to get back to me on that but I am not going to hold my breath. I am really not sure now if it is worth repairing especially since I can get the new Denon DBP-2012UDCI for the same price as the repair or the top Oppo universal bd player for $100.00 more and pickup the additional technologies that are now available in these players (smart apps, wireless connectivity, 3D etc). Also I have been listening to cd playback on my 3800 and have not been disaappointed.
post #3262 of 3625 Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I got some unexpected good news late Friday afternoon from Denon’s customer service manager, but the day didn’t start out to good. To begin with I called Denon Friday morning to get confirmation from them about the $750.00 cost of the bluray drive. They asked me to have the repair company fax or e-mail them the repair estimate. I called the repair company and they said they would not do it and that Denon would have to call them. I called Denon back to tell them this and they said just have them e-mail me the estimate and than I can forward it to them. Once again I called the repair company and they told me there was $35.00 charge for them to do that. When I told them that I thought that was absurd, the person I was talking with said that I was being nasty and that I can come and pick-up the player as they were no longer going to repair it. Once again I called Denon and also e-mailed them about the situation. About Friday around 5:30 I got a call from there customer service manager and he said that he would take care of the cost of the bluray drive and that I would just have to pay them the $97.00 For the labor since I already had given them $53.00 just for them to tell me what was wrong and the cost to repair. Needless to say he made my weekend. I told him about the person I spoke with saying they were not going to repair my player. He said he knew the person and that there have been some issues in the past from other customers with this person and he would take care of it. He said for me to call Him mid to late next week if I don’t hear from the repair company. I can only say that my experience with Denon’s customer service has always been positive and I have had there products for over 6 years.
post #3263 of 3625 Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

I got some unexpected good news late Friday afternoon from Denon's customer service manager, but the day didn't start out to good. To begin with I called Denon Friday morning to get confirmation from them about the $750.00 cost of the bluray drive. They asked me to have the repair company fax or e-mail them the repair estimate. I called the repair company and they said they would not do it and that Denon would have to call them. I called Denon back to tell them this and they said just have them e-mail me the estimate and than I can forward it to them. Once again I called the repair company and they told me there was $35.00 charge for them to do that. When I told them that I thought that was absurd, the person I was talking with said that I was being nasty and that I can come and pick-up the player as they were no longer going to repair it. Once again I called Denon and also e-mailed them about the situation. About Friday around 5:30 I got a call from there customer service manager and he said that he would take care of the cost of the bluray drive and that I would just have to pay them the $97.00 For the labor since I already had given them $53.00 just for them to tell me what was wrong and the cost to repair. Needless to say he made my weekend. I told him about the person I spoke with saying they were not going to repair my player. He said he knew the person and that there have been some issues in the past from other customers with this person and he would take care of it. He said for me to call Him mid to late next week if I don't hear from the repair company. I can only say that my experince with Denon's customer service has always been positive and I have had there products for over 6 years.

That's really good news on Denon stepping up to the plate on this. I assume this means you'll be sticking with the DVD-A1 for now .
post #3264 of 3625 Old 02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's really good news on Denon stepping up to the plate on this. I assume this means you'll be sticking with the DVD-A1 for now .

Yes, If when I get it back everything is fixed.
post #3265 of 3625 Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have pretty much kept up with this forum and I don't remember reading about any other A1 owners experiencing the issues I have?
post #3266 of 3625 Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Advanced Member

Not the ones you did , but there were some issues with dirty lens , as i had it also.
A cleaning was required and it got good again.

post #3267 of 3625 Old 02-21-2012, 03:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not the ones you did , but there were some issues with dirty lens , as i had it also.
A cleaning was required and it got good again.

For all I know thats all I needed as far as the bluray drive goes, but according to the repair shop I need to replace it. As for my set-up menu going away that's another matter. I e-mailed them Friday to see how the repair was going and they said they are waiting on the parts they ordered.
post #3268 of 3625 Old 02-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Advanced Member

OK then best wishes for your machine"s health.

post #3269 of 3625 Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK then best wishes for your machine"s health.

Thanks jomark, I am looking forward to getting it back. Fortunately I have had no issues with my Denon 3800 bd player and never fully appreciated the quality of the cd playback from that unit.
post #3270 of 3625 Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM

I have had a very interesting afternoon (while of sick) with my DENON A1UD, Pioneer KRP-600A latest generation KURO plasma and the Spears and Munsil calibration disc...

Here are my findings re the COLOUR SPACE and DEEP COLOUR settings in the Denon A1UD into the Pioneer KURO plasma via HDMI.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed using this disc for the first time today and I also found it very revealing.

I had my Pioneer latest (last ) generation KURO Plasma (the UK KRP-600A) ISF calibrated in December 2009 and the BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, SHARPNESS etc all seem to be pretty much spot on using your disc. The ones that I am finding harder to ascertain are the CHROMA ZONE PLATE and the LUMA and CHROMA MULTI-BURST patterns.

On the CHROMA ZONE PLATE using my Denon DVD-A1UD I am finding that the "YCbCr" setting is GREATLY getting duller and less intense as the pattern goes to the very edges and corners. I find that there is very little to choose from between the "RGB STANDARD" (video level) and "RGB ENHANCED" (PC level) settings. I think the "RGB Enhanced" (PC level) setting keeps the colour a bit more "intense" than the "RGB STANDARD" (video level) setting, but having said that... ALL of the settings seem to display some kind of drop-off in colour intensity unless it is just because the lines are getting closer together towards the edges / corners. Also, I find that the "RGB STANDARD" setting is better for the other test patterns where as the "RGB ENHANCED" (PC level) settings are way different. I think I should probably go with the "RGB STANDARD" setting. Have you found that the Pioneer KURO plasmas work better with colour space in RGB rather than YCbCr?

The LUMA MULTI-BURST pattern has two squares at the far right side (2nd square down and 4th square down {bottom square}). These seem to change as the pattern plays. They go from clear lines to a solid grey (especially the bottom right square), but again... I found the "RGB STANDARD" (video level) setting to be best. Should these squares be "changing" or should they stay the same?

The CHROMA MULTI-BURST pattern has the same two squares changing. With the Denon A1UD set to "YCbCr" I couldn't see the lines at all in same two squares (I assume these are the highest frequency squares). They were just solid grey squares with little to no line structure in "YCbCr". When I changed the "Colour Space" setting to "RGB Enhanced" I could clearly see lines in the 2nd square down on the right hand side, but NOT in the bottom right square. When in "RGB STANDARD" all of the boxes had a clear line structure (even the very bottom right one).

So... after all that I assume that "RGB STANDARD" is the setting to go for on the Denon (atleast). ????

I have to say that I did not see much change in any of the pattern results whether DEEP COLOUR was set to "AUTO" (36 bits) or "OFF". If there was a difference... I am either too blind or too inexperienced to see it.

I currently have it left in "AUTO", but what do other Denon A1UD and Pioneer KURO users have their set to???

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page