AVS Forum banner

Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player

462K views 4K replies 302 participants last post by  evilzardoz 
#1 ·
Some eye candy pictures from AVBuzz-

Audioholics have posted an interesting Podcast with Denon Jeff. In it he mentions that there will be an annoucement of the player in November/December with a January/February release date in mind. It will be entirely built inhouse (yay) and is based on the same standard as their previous High-End Universal player the DVD-5910. It will also featured balanced 2 Channel outputs for CD playback for those that can take advantage of this.

Also it will feature-

- A successor to DL3 that will handle all digital clock management and jitter control for audio instead of HDMI

- New 32 bit digital upsampling and D/A conversion circuits

Pricing mentioned was going to be $3400 when they were going to included HD-DVD playback but since HD-DVD demise and Toshiba not making the optical lasers anymore HD-DVD has been dropped.

So I still invision $3000k for it and will gladly buy one to replace my current 2 Player solution.

http://www.avrant.com/?p=311

Heres hoping that Denon-

- Redesign their GUI finally on the player to match those on their new AVR/AVP's, and more importantly since this is going to be a no holds player

- Match or better the Blu-Ray load times of the PS3. Since this won't be out until early 09 hopefully technology will catch up to make this possible or else Denon can just drop a Cell processor in to make this happen at the price point it is coming out at

See less See more
#2,732 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB of Poole /forum/post/18175575

I ran the latest update on Saturday morning (UK) and it went just fine. Updating is a two stage process after you press 'Yes'. First the player downloads the firmware and checks it for accuracy, then it disconnects itself from the internet and runs the actual update. Since the download is checked as correct you need not worry. Just leave it alone until the player returns to a normal state. For me the entire process took about 15 minutes despite the onscreen message about needing 45 - this is quite normal. Do not attempt to use the player, or turn it off, until it returns to the usual 'No disc' message.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Thanks mate. That is great help!

I am having another issue though... do you know anything about this?

Home Cinema Network Issue - Denon / Netgear / Virgin Media - Please help!

I have am using Virgin Media 10MB broadband and Netgear WNDR 3700 router which I have set-up with the wired Ethernet connection. I have the wireless turned-off (for security). I am using CAT6a SSTP gigabit throughout.

The router has been set-up correctly and I ran through it again with a Netgear engineer and he confirmed this.

Now, here is the issue... When I turned on the Denon home cinema equipment (bluray player and AV amp), enabled their DHCP, and started using the Denon network features (for firmware updates etc) I get a message on my PC computer screen saying This IP address is already in use with another computer.

Now, I'm assuming that the router and the Denon home cinema equipment (a bluray player, and AV amp) are all using different IP addresses and that this is what is causing the problem.

So, I assume I need to go into the Denon menus and type in the same IP address as the computer (or router), but I don't seem to be able to find a way of doing this. I have been through all the menus and can't get the Network set-up to be enabled.

Does anyone know what to do? Has anyone else experienced this? Who do I contact or do I need to pay to use the other equipments IP addresses? Please help if you know. Thank you!

:lease:

#2,733 ·
I am a proud new owner of the DVD-A1UDCI. It was an upgrade to my DVD-5910CI which I sold last month. I actually purchased a DBP-4010UDCI first, but it was defective. During my second day of use on the 4010CI, the audio from BluRay stopped working (audio would work for SD DVD) and on DTS music discs, constantly skipped, even with a perfect DTS music disc. I have a very good Denon Dealer who took back the defective unit. Believe it or not, this is the first electronic failure I've ever had since I started the HT hobby in 1999. Instead, I took a deep breath and order the DVD-A1UDCI (my dealer gave me a good discount to make the additional cost somewhat reasonable).

The DVD-A1 arrived on last Tuesday. I installed the DVD-A1 in my A/V rack and downloaded the latest firmware. I used the instructions in the AVR-5308CI addendum manual to setup the jitter free light (3rd blue light), and the clock control blue lite lit; everything is working properly. I do use both HDMI connections (one for Audio into the AVR-5308CI and one directly to my Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD HDTV which has HDMI 1.3a connections). I've tested all optical discs (BluRay, SD DVD, DVD-A, SACD, DTS Music, HDCD and CDs) and all worked as advertised.

After my initial disappointment with the 4010CI and long wait for the DVD-A1 to be order and delivered, my initial impressions are Oh WOW!!! I couldn't imagine that it would sound better than my DVD-5910CI w/DL3, but it did. The sound stage and depth of the audio on multichannel music and BluRay DVDs is outstanding. The PQ on both BluRays and SD DVDs is outstanding. However, I do have a few comments and questions where the manual wasn't clear.

Should I always set the HDMI Res to Auto regardless of DVD disc source resolution (BluRays (1080p/24 source) and on SD DVDs (480i source))? By setting the HDMI Res to Auto, the video will always be upscaled to 1080p/24, except BluRay DVDs that are already 1080p/24 - i.e., Source direct; is this correct understanding of Auto position? For now, I've set the picture adjustment to Enh +1 for BluRays and DNR +1/Enhancement +1 for most SD DVDs. On SD DVDs, should the IRE be set to 0, or is it not effected by HDMI and scaling to 1024P/24? What are some typical values for the picture adjustments for DNR and Enh? I have been using the DVE Blu Ray calibration disc and couldn't tell from a video perspective if the DNR/Enhancement Picture adjustments were helpful or not.

I'm also a little confused about the Pure Direct Setup (PDS) and if the function is only applicable to High Quality DVD-A or SACDs or BluRay music dics. The manual is not very clear using this function. Do you leave PDS in the off position while watching BluRay movies?

Lastly, I understand that SACDs are converted from DSD to PCM in the digital domain and that the DSD small box shows up on the AVR-5308CI. Is it possible in the Pure Direct mode on both the DVD-A1 and AVR-5308CI that "DSD Direct" will show up on the main display of the AVR-5308CI? I tried this solution and AVR-5308CI main display was always MULTI CH IN for Multichannel SACDs or when playing a stereo SACD, either Stereo or Direct shows up on the main display of the 5308CI.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated & I am very impressed with the PQ and SQ of this unit!

Thanks,

Dave

#2,734 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman7 /forum/post/18178374

Thanks mate. That is great help!

I am having another issue though... do you know anything about this?

Home Cinema Network Issue - Denon / Netgear / Virgin Media - Please help!

I have am using Virgin Media 10MB broadband and Netgear WNDR 3700 router which I have set-up with the wired Ethernet connection. I have the wireless turned-off (for security). I am using CAT6a SSTP gigabit throughout.

The router has been set-up correctly and I ran through it again with a Netgear engineer and he confirmed this.

Now, here is the issue... When I turned on the Denon home cinema equipment (bluray player and AV amp), enabled their DHCP, and started using the Denon network features (for firmware updates etc) I get a message on my PC computer screen saying This IP address is already in use with another computer.

Now, I'm assuming that the router and the Denon home cinema equipment (a bluray player, and AV amp) are all using different IP addresses and that this is what is causing the problem.

So, I assume I need to go into the Denon menus and type in the same IP address as the computer (or router), but I don't seem to be able to find a way of doing this. I have been through all the menus and can't get the Network set-up to be enabled.

Does anyone know what to do? Has anyone else experienced this? Who do I contact or do I need to pay to use the other equipments IP addresses? Please help if you know. Thank you!

:lease:

You should start by identifying the IP address used by each piece of equipment attached to your router, including the computers. You will find that two of them are identical, probably your AVP and another audio item. Anyway, whichever is the case, you need to tell the AVP to use a different address. Go to Manual Setup / Network Setup / Detail and in the information you will find the IP address it has defaulted to - change the last set of figures to a different one nearby. Mine, for example, is ... 101 for the AVP whilst the UD1 is ... 105. They both wanted ... 101 originally.

Again - hope that helps.

Dave

#2,735 ·
So I was watching a DVD last night which is something I haven't done more than 2 or 3 times since I got my A1 and I experienced the absolute worst layer change I have ever seen in my life. The movie literally just stopped for like what must have been 2-3 seconds. Have others been playing a lot of DVDs with their A1 and if so has anyone noticed abnormally long layer changes?

The DVD I was watching was Joe Satriani: Live in Paris: I Just Wanna Rock

#2,736 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC56 /forum/post/18178671

I am a proud new owner of the DVD-A1UDCI. It was an upgrade to my DVD-5910CI which I sold last month. I actually purchased a DBP-4010UDCI first, but it was defective. During my second day of use on the 4010CI, the audio from BluRay stopped working (audio would work for SD DVD) and on DTS music discs, constantly skipped, even with a perfect DTS music disc. I have a very good Denon Dealer who took back the defective unit. Believe it or not, this is the first electronic failure I've ever had since I started the HT hobby in 1999. Instead, I took a deep breath and order the DVD-A1UDCI (my dealer gave me a good discount to make the additional cost somewhat reasonable).

The DVD-A1 arrived on last Tuesday. I installed the DVD-A1 in my A/V rack and downloaded the latest firmware. I used the instructions in the AVR-5308CI addendum manual to setup the jitter free light (3rd blue light), and the clock control blue lite lit; everything is working properly. I do use both HDMI connections (one for Audio into the AVR-5308CI and one directly to my Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD HDTV which has HDMI 1.3a connections). I’ve tested all optical discs (BluRay, SD DVD, DVD-A, SACD, DTS Music, HDCD and CDs) and all worked as advertised.

After my initial disappointment with the 4010CI and long wait for the DVD-A1 to be order and delivered, my initial impressions are Oh WOW!!! I couldn't imagine that it would sound better than my DVD-5910CI w/DL3, but it did. The sound stage and depth of the audio on multichannel music and BluRay DVDs is outstanding. The PQ on both BluRays and SD DVDs is outstanding. However, I do have a few comments and questions where the manual wasn't clear.

Should I always set the HDMI Res to Auto regardless of DVD disc source resolution (BluRays (1080p/24 source) and on SD DVDs (480i source))? By setting the HDMI Res to Auto, the video will always be upscaled to 1080p/24, except BluRay DVDs that are already 1080p/24 - i.e., Source direct; is this correct understanding of Auto position? For now, I've set the picture adjustment to Enh +1 for BluRays and DNR +1/Enhancement +1 for most SD DVDs. On SD DVDs, should the IRE be set to 0, or is it not effected by HDMI and scaling to 1024P/24? What are some typical values for the picture adjustments for DNR and Enh? I have been using the DVE Blu Ray calibration disc and couldn’t tell from a video perspective if the DNR/Enhancement Picture adjustments were helpful or not.

I’m also a little confused about the Pure Direct Setup (PDS) and if the function is only applicable to High Quality DVD-A or SACDs or BluRay music dics. The manual is not very clear using this function. Do you leave PDS in the off position while watching BluRay movies?

Lastly, I understand that SACDs are converted from DSD to PCM in the digital domain and that the DSD small box shows up on the AVR-5308CI. Is it possible in the Pure Direct mode on both the DVD-A1 and AVR-5308CI that "DSD Direct" will show up on the main display of the AVR-5308CI? I tried this solution and AVR-5308CI main display was always MULTI CH IN for Multichannel SACDs or when playing a stereo SACD, either Stereo or Direct shows up on the main display of the 5308CI.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated & I am very impressed with the PQ and SQ of this unit!

Thanks,

Dave

I have been very happy with the A/Q from this player even though I am curently having an issue wih dvd-a with the HDMI cable to my pre/pro. From all the good things I have read about Denon's 5910 this is just another testament to how good a universal bd player the A1 is. I have set the HDMI resoultion to "Auto" and it seems to work well with my Pioneer 151FD plasma display for both bd disc's where it automatically selects 1080P/60 or 1080P/24 and sdvs's also look great. As far as picture adjustments I have DNR set to +1 and contrast at -1 & with the A1 I have IRE set to 7.5. With the 3800 BDCI I had to change the IRE setting to 0 from 7.5 to get best P/Q but I don't see any difference with the A1 for P/Q with either the 7.5 or 0 IRE setting. All other picture settings are at the default setting. These were settings determined when I had my dispay professionally calibrated back in October of last year. As for "Pure Direct" this is a feature that I like and use. It basically lets you disable the video signal the digital signal as well as turn of the units display to optimize the audio quality. I use this when listening to all 2-channel music, m/c sacd & dvd-a and on occasion with music/concert blurays when I just want to listen to the music. I do not think it has any effect on what shows up on your 5308CI's display.

#2,737 ·
I finally did the firmware update, at least I believe I completed it. When I came back to the A1 after about 40 minutes the player's display was reading no disc. Is there away to confirm or see the firmware update is in fact the latest? It did not fix my DVD-A playability issue with the HDMI cable however, which I thought would be the case as racerguy had reported that the update he did for his Marantz UD9004 also did not fix the exact same issue. Doing the firmware update did however correct the one bluray disc problem that I had which was with the "Watchmen" bluray disc, which was not playing the audio until I hit the fast forward button for a split second. The audio now plays without any manipulation. So I guess I am left with no other alternative but to send my A1 back to Denon in New Jersey if I want to get this to work as it is supposed to. I am a little torn because it still plays DVD-A very nicely with the m/c analogs and I love everything else that this player does and after doing the latest firmware update I have absolutely no other issues with this player. So basically I am just giving up the option of being able to play 30 of my 33 DVD-A collection with the HDMI cable and my pre/pro's dacs and speaker/bass management if I don't send it back.

#2,738 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC56 /forum/post/18178671

The DVD-A1 arrived on last Tuesday. I installed the DVD-A1 in my A/V rack and downloaded the latest firmware. I used the instructions in the AVR-5308CI addendum manual to setup the jitter free light (3rd blue light), and the clock control blue lite lit; everything is working properly. I do use both HDMI connections (one for Audio into the AVR-5308CI and one directly to my Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD HDTV which has HDMI 1.3a connections). I've tested all optical discs (BluRay, SD DVD, DVD-A, SACD, DTS Music, HDCD and CDs) and all worked as advertised.

Should I always set the HDMI Res to Auto regardless of DVD disc source resolution (BluRays (1080p/24 source) and on SD DVDs (480i source))? By setting the HDMI Res to Auto, the video will always be upscaled to 1080p/24, except BluRay DVDs that are already 1080p/24 - i.e., Source direct; is this correct understanding of Auto position? For now, I've set the picture adjustment to Enh +1 for BluRays and DNR +1/Enhancement +1 for most SD DVDs. On SD DVDs, should the IRE be set to 0, or is it not effected by HDMI and scaling to 1024P/24? What are some typical values for the picture adjustments for DNR and Enh? I have been using the DVE Blu Ray calibration disc and couldn't tell from a video perspective if the DNR/Enhancement Picture adjustments were helpful or not.

I'm also a little confused about the Pure Direct Setup (PDS) and if the function is only applicable to High Quality DVD-A or SACDs or BluRay music dics. The manual is not very clear using this function. Do you leave PDS in the off position while watching BluRay movies?

Thanks,

Dave

In the 5308CI you cannot have the Surround back processing on (that is, process it to derive 7.1 from 5.1). So, turn the SB off and you should be fine.

#2,739 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/18185275

I finally did the firmware update, at least I believe I completed it. When I came back to the A1 after about 40 minutes the player's display was reading no disc. Is there away to confirm or see the firmware update is in fact the latest? It did not fix my DVD-A playability issue with the HDMI cable however, which I thought would be the case as racerguy had reported that the update he did for his Marantz UD9004 also did not fix the exact same issue. Doing the firmware update did however correct the one bluray disc problem that I had which was with the "Watchmen" bluray disc, which was not playing the audio until I hit the fast forward button for a split second. The audio now plays without any manipulation. So I guess I am left with no other alternative but to send my A1 back to Denon in New Jersey if I want to get this to work as it is supposed to. I am a little torn because it still plays DVD-A very nicely with the m/c analogs and I love everything else that this player does and after doing the latest firmware update I have absolutely no other issues with this player. So basically I am just giving up the option of being able to play 30 of my 33 DVD-A collection with the HDMI cable and my pre/pro's dacs and speaker/bass management if I don't send it back.

Does anybody think I'm crazy for not wanting to send it back if in fact the only issue I have with this player, is giving up the option of being able to play 30 of my 33 DVD-A collection with the HDMI cable?

#2,740 ·
I don't think you're crazy - I am having similar thoughts. However, there's a few other things to think about:

Right now using analogs works for me because my room is custom-designed; therefore it is already "room corrected" to a large degree. If I move to a different house that could change.

Right now our processor model has an excellent MC analog input stage; however, what if there's some reason to change to an HDMI-only solution at some point in the relatively near future? That means you'll need to buy a new player as well.

Lastly - the player is advertised as playing DVD-Audio over HDMI. For reasons unknown at this point, it doesn't do that consistently, even in a reasonable configuration/scenario such as we have. That is definitely a failing of the player. It does not work as advertised. This makes future resale value lower.

#2,741 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy /forum/post/18196050

I don't think you're crazy - I am having similar thoughts. However, there's a few other things to think about:

Right now using analogs works for me because my room is custom-designed; therefore it is already "room corrected" to a large degree. If I move to a different house that could change.

Right now our processor model has an excellent MC analog input stage; however, what if there's some reason to change to an HDMI-only solution at some point in the relatively near future? That means you'll need to buy a new player as well.

Lastly - the player is advertised as playing DVD-Audio over HDMI. For reasons unknown at this point, it doesn't do that consistently, even in a reasonable configuration/scenario such as we have. That is definitely a failing of the player. It does not work as advertised. This makes future resale value lower.

Thanks racerguy, these are all good points and I am leaning in that direction. I am just going to be sure I have explored every other option, especially since I am now having a video issue that might be more of a problem with the SSP-800 so I don't think I have completely ruled out that the SSP-800 might also be the issue with DVD-A playback with HDMI.

#2,742 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/18195744

Does anybody think I'm crazy for not wanting to send it back if in fact the only issue I have with this player, is giving up the option of being able to play 30 of my 33 DVD-A collection with the HDMI cable?

I wouldn't say crazy exactly, but given the MSRP of the player I would consider such an issue absolutely unacceptable and wouldn't even remotely consider the option of just living with it. I'd make every effort to find someone who has a Denon or other AVR or processor that's distinctly different from what you have to try to confirm if the problem lies in the player or the surround sound processor and act accordingly. At this point, you don't really know if the problem needs to be resolved by Denon or Classe (I think that's what you're using), but both Denon and Classe ought to be willing to work with you to figure it out. Shipping the player off might not be fun, but it may be the only way to get the problem resolved.

My Denon AVP-A1HDCI had an issue when I first bought it (I got an open box from an authorized online store) with one surround channel being out. I had to send it off to Denon for repair - I wasn't thrilled about having to ship it off, but it was back in about a week and has been fine ever since.

#2,743 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr /forum/post/18196944

I wouldn't say crazy exactly, but given the MSRP of the player I would consider such an issue absolutely unacceptable and wouldn't even remotely consider the option of just living with it. I'd make every effort to find someone who has a Denon or other AVR or processor that's distinctly different from what you have to try to confirm if the problem lies in the player or the surround sound processor and act accordingly. At this point, you don't really know if the problem needs to be resolved by Denon or Classe (I think that's what you're using), but both Denon and Classe ought to be willing to work with you to figure it out. Shipping the player off might not be fun, but it may be the only way to get the problem resolved.

My Denon AVP-A1HDCI had an issue when I first bought it (I got an open box from an authorized online store) with one surround channel being out. I had to send it off to Denon for repair - I wasn't thrilled about having to ship it off, but it was back in about a week and has been fine ever since.

I guess I am crazy but inevitably I will come to my senses and send it back to Denon if that's what it's going to take. I just want to make sure it's not the pre/pro and also the possibility that it might be able to be fixed with just a firmware update since I have 3 to 4 months before my warranty expires.

#2,744 ·
Does anyone know if this unit - via just a software upgrade - will be able to handle 3D Blu-ray or if that will technically require another type of laser? I have been planning to buy this unit but may hold off for two reasons - HDMI audio issues mentioned in this forum and plan for a new TV (which will be 3D capable) and thus want to see what Denon offers.

#2,745 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grtgatz /forum/post/18287748

Does anyone know if this unit - via just a software upgrade - will be able to handle 3D Blu-ray or if that will technically require another type of laser? I have been planning to buy this unit but may hold off for two reasons - HDMI audio issues mentioned in this forum and plan for a new TV (which will be 3D capable) and thus want to see what Denon offers.

I would like to know this answer too. Having spent a huge sum on the A1, if it doesn't work with 3D, then I'll manage without 3D. I wonder if my projector will have to be changed as well. If serious users like us inmates don't go with 3D it bodes badly for the format taking off any time soon.

Dave

#2,746 ·

Quote:

Does anyone know if this unit - via just a software upgrade - will be able to handle 3D Blu-ray or if that will technically require another type of laser?

I don't know about the 3D part, but 3D players will use the same laser. It's still a Blu-ray disc, same physical specifications--same drive. Otherwise 3D discs would not be compatible with existing BD players--which they will be for us flat-earth 2D viewers.

#2,748 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k /forum/post/18290764

Don't hold your breath: for a 3d home system you'll have to change

1 - player

2 - hdmi connectors and cables (1.4)

3 - tv/vpr

4 - software

5 - pre/receiver if you want hd audio from the same hdmi 1.4 video connection.

This is basically the same changes needed when I first converted to HD except w/o having to wear the glasses?

#2,749 ·

Quote:

I have been planning to buy this unit but may hold off for two reasons - HDMI audio issues mentioned in this forum

To what HDMI audio issues are you referring? If you are referring to the issues that mt14942 and I are having, it appears at this point that the issues are limited to our setups, which are practically identical to each other. I don't think the problems we're having should cause anyone who doesn't have a nearly identical setup to avoid this player.

#2,750 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy /forum/post/18292789

To what HDMI audio issues are you referring? If you are referring to the issues that mt14942 and I are having, it appears at this point that the issues are limited to our setups, which are practically identical to each other. I don't think the problems we're having should cause anyone who doesn't have a nearly identical setup to avoid this player.

I have to agree here. Even with the issues I'm having which I feel will eventually get resolved. I am happy with this players performance with bd, and I have to say for me the biggest surprise is how much I like it as a cd player.

#2,751 ·
As far as 3D I believe you don't need a "HDMI 1.4" cable. As far as I know it's the exact same pinout so any 1.3 certified cable should do. My guess is that 3D requires a new codec and that's why everything up the food chain has to change which is pretty much everything. Personally I think 3D was artificially pushed by manufacturers for some unknown reason. I'm perfectly happy going to a theater once a month and enjoying 3D in there.

#2,752 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy /forum/post/18294538

As far as 3D I believe you don't need a "HDMI 1.4" cable. As far as I know it's the exact same pinout so any 1.3 certified cable should do. My guess is that 3D requires a new codec and that's why everything up the food chain has to change which is pretty much everything. Personally I think 3D was artificially pushed by manufacturers for some unknown reason. I'm perfectly happy going to a theater once a month and enjoying 3D in there.

It does not take a marketing genius to figure out what this "unknown reason" might be.

#2,753 ·
Hi Guys... (and fellow Denon A1UD owners!).

Hope you are all well and enjoying your players.

Everything fine here... except... I have yet to find a BD-Live title where I can get ANYTHING from the BD-Live option.

I have the Denon A1UD networked and it has an I.P. Address and a MAC Address etc etc. DHCP is enabled and I have upgraded to the latest firmware... BUT...

I do NOT see the Denon A1UD on my network (looking through my PC's network settings, it's just NOT there). I'm running on Windows Vista and have a Netgear WNDR3700 router and am using all this stuff "wired" with CAT6a ethernet cable.

Why is the Denon A1UD not showing up on the Network (despite it having an IP address etc) and why am I unable to use the BD-Live features?

Anyone? :lease:

#2,755 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy /forum/post/18292789

Just to follow up on this - not only did Marantz work with me, they provided a player to Classe', the manufacturer of my processor. I recently received some beta firmware code from Classe' which I tested. It resolved the HDMI audio issue. Kudos to Marantz for being so responsive to me and to Classe'.

#2,756 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy /forum/post/18381777

Just to follow up on this - not only did Marantz work with me, they provided a player to Classe', the manufacturer of my processor. I recently received some beta firmware code from Classe' which I tested. It resolved the HDMI audio issue. Kudos to Marantz for being so responsive to me and to Classe'.

I think Marantz and Classe' efforts are warming to read about and thank you for posting the follow-up to your issue. From what I read on forum pages these days I find not too many posts are about 'positive' customer support... and I'm sure many of us get good responses from the manufacturers. I have to say that my personal experience with Denon and Marantz has always been helpful.

So it's looking like that the issues for yourself and MT14942 are more from the interface in the Classe' processor and not the Marantz or Denon players per se....

Best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.