Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player - Page 122 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3631 of 3647 Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Thanks gregot, I didn't see anything in the manual to explain this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3647 Old 06-06-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I have a question about the DACs in the player. I use the 7.1 analog outs because my SSP doesn't have HDMI. So I know the DACs are 32/216 but what is the resolution actually output with the different audio formats? Is it always the highest resolution of the DACs or is it relative to the audio format i.e. 44.1/16 for CD's, typically 48/24 I think for TrueHD/Master Audio, typically 96/24 for DVD-A, etc. I'm just curious what my SSP is seeing in terms of resolution.

post #3633 of 3647 Old 06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
I have a question about the DACs in the player. I use the 7.1 analog outs because my SSP doesn't have HDMI. So I know the DACs are 32/216 but what is the resolution actually output with the different audio formats? Is it always the highest resolution of the DACs or is it relative to the audio format i.e. 44.1/16 for CD's, typically 48/24 I think for TrueHD/Master Audio, typically 96/24 for DVD-A, etc. I'm just curious what my SSP is seeing in terms of resolution.
The output is analog, so it doesn't have a "resolution". The Oppo players don't do any sort of upconversion or downconversion* before doing the digital to analog conversion, so the conversion is done using whatever the input resolution is.

* The only conversion of the digital signal that happens is when the player converts DSD to LPCM.
post #3634 of 3647 Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon dvd a1ud

My DENON a1ud, al32 blue light has stopped working, can anyone tell me, if I'm using hdmi for the sound from bd discs, do I need the al32 light working?
Or is al32 processing just for component connections?
post #3635 of 3647 Old 10-24-2015, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone having issues playing Jurassic World? When the menu loads as soon as I go to interact with it it disappears and I can't get it back and the player won't play the movie either by pressing Play or Enter. Neither pressing Menu or Top Menu will bring the menu back. This is only the 2nd Blu-ray I've run into an issue with and the 1st with this particular issue. The other disc my player won't properly play is World War Z. It gets to a particular point early in the movie and just freezes.

post #3636 of 3647 Old 10-24-2015, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Anyone having issues playing Jurassic World? When the menu loads as soon as I go to interact with it it disappears and I can't get it back and the player won't play the movie either by pressing Play or Enter. Neither pressing Menu or Top Menu will bring the menu back. This is only the 2nd Blu-ray I've run into an issue with and the 1st with this particular issue. The other disc my player won't properly play is World War Z. It gets to a particular point early in the movie and just freezes.
Hi Rod, i have just done a test on my Jurassic World Blu ray dvd and my menu is fine. When i interact with the menu i have no problems. Mine is a region B for Australia, although i have a problem with a standard dvd being Paul Mccartneys "back in the us" sometimes it plays it and sometimes it wont.Its a real picky player and the load times are slow too. I am thinking of getting a new PM dvd and seeing if that fixes my problem.Please post your results if you find any as i for one will be interested in hearing what the problem could be.

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

post #3637 of 3647 Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, mine is region A. I'm going to try it in my PS3 and Xbox One. At least I have alternatives. The downside being if I use either of them I can't get the HD audio into my SSP because it doesn't have HDMI. I need 5.1 analog to do that.

post #3638 of 3647 Old 10-25-2015, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Menu works fine on my PS3 and Xbox One and I was able to start the movie no problem so it's a DVD-A1 issue.

post #3639 of 3647 Old 10-28-2015, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
if the main movie menu appears try starting the movie with chapter 1 instead of hitting play
post #3640 of 3647 Old 10-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
Hi Rod, i have just done a test on my Jurassic World Blu ray dvd and my menu is fine. When i interact with the menu i have no problems. Mine is a region B for Australia, although i have a problem with a standard dvd being Paul Mccartneys "back in the us" sometimes it plays it and sometimes it wont.Its a real picky player and the load times are slow too. I am thinking of getting a new PM dvd and seeing if that fixes my problem.Please post your results if you find any as i for one will be interested in hearing what the problem could be.
Grassy I have a question for you
I have had my A1UDCI for a while now and there seems to be no fix i am aware of for it to play movies made by fox studios
do you know of any firmware updates that fix that issue eather from uk or any other part of the world
it seems no matter how old the movies is when you put one in from fox studios it says a upgrade needs to happen before the movie will work. i find it odd that they never bothered toi update it since they still try to pawn off refurbished models
post #3641 of 3647 Old 10-28-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgarcia View Post
if the main movie menu appears try starting the movie with chapter 1 instead of hitting play

No go, as soon as I hit a button the menu disappears and is gone for good.

post #3642 of 3647 Old 10-29-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
No go, as soon as I hit a button the menu disappears and is gone for good.
Well the ugly feeling of a new drive is starting to creep in to my gut. This was what i was afraid that might be the case.

post #3643 of 3647 Old 10-29-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgarcia View Post
Grassy I have a question for you
I have had my A1UDCI for a while now and there seems to be no fix i am aware of for it to play movies made by fox studios
do you know of any firmware updates that fix that issue eather from uk or any other part of the world
it seems no matter how old the movies is when you put one in from fox studios it says a upgrade needs to happen before the movie will work. i find it odd that they never bothered toi update it since they still try to pawn off refurbished models
Hi Rob, i am totally unaware of any firmware upgrades that are for that particular problem. Have you tried playing one off those discs while not connected to the internet, And also try resetting the machine to factory settings if it is possible, (although i have never done so myself it may be possible).It might pay to get it looked at and see what needs to be done to it and how much it will cost as if it is not playing Fox Studio movies then its not worth keeping it in that condition. I for one would start looking at my options as to how to fix the problem and how much it is going to cost me.

post #3644 of 3647 Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
Well the ugly feeling of a new drive is starting to creep in to my gut. This was what i was afraid that might be the case.
Certainly possible. Other movies continue to function properly. I've already replaced the laser unit once when my red laser became extremely unreliable not playing most discs. I will not be replacing a 2nd time though.

post #3645 of 3647 Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 AM

I have just noticed my clock control light is not on even though i have d link 4th enabled and have been trying to get it to come on but to no avail.I also have my hdmi control set to on.I am using the AVP also Does anyone know a good checking procedure to see if i can get it working.

post #3646 of 3647 Old 10-30-2015, 08:01 PM

Finally got it working again. Don't know what i did to get it to work again or how but it seemed to fix itself when i turned everything off then the next day it was working.I must admit it is a touchy player.

post #3647 of 3647 Old 06-10-2016, 04:26 AM

My player is still going strong and working great with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Denon

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page