Denon DVD-A1UD/DVD-A1UDCI Blu-Ray/DVD/SACD/DVD-A/ Universal Player - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

You're right, that is definitely the most important thing. So while I'm not keen on having to wait even longer, best to let them do what they need to do to ensure we get a solid trouble free product.


Seth

I agree Seth but also denon might suprise us all with xtra features that have not been mentioned as of yet!

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Member
 
LPE427Fbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just checked Denon's website. They have a link for the following online retailer:

http://www.listenup.com/Denon+DVD-A1...p-blu-ray.html

Lists shipping as mid Feb.
LPE427Fbird is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I agree Seth but also denon might suprise us all with xtra features that have not been mentioned as of yet!

So far nothing mentioned about a delay for the US, but if there is a delay I hope they let us know about it soon. That would be cool if they were to add even more goodies (although as feature packed as it is, I wonder what more they could include?).


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

So far nothing mentioned about a delay for the US, but if there is a delay I hope they let us know about it soon. That would be cool if they were to add even more goodies (although as feature packed as it is, I wonder what more they could include?).


Seth

Bitsteaming hd codecs through denon link

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
moonhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: La Madera, New Mexico
Posts: 3,221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

So far nothing mentioned about a delay for the US, but if there is a delay I hope they let us know about it soon. That would be cool if they were to add even more goodies (although as feature packed as it is, I wonder what more they could include?).


Seth

Inputs?

______________________

__________

Dave

moonhawk is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPE427Fbird View Post

Just checked Denon's website. They have a link for the following online retailer:

http://www.listenup.com/Denon+DVD-A1...p-blu-ray.html

Lists shipping as mid Feb.

Very interesting. I had just checked Listen Up's website only 2 days ago and it only mentioned that they would be accepting pre-orders beginning Feb. 1st, and no mention of an exact shipping time frame.

Now it says "Will begin shipping mid-February". Maybe the US models are on their way, and it's the Japanese models that are delayed? Now that would be a switch with us getting them before Japan. I hope that what Listen Up shows is correct, but we'll see.

I called my dealer earlier this week and he's supposed to let me know what he finds out. His rep had told him that they were on the ship and on their way to the US, now I just need confirmation that this is indeed true.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Bitsteaming hd codecs through denon link

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

Inputs?

Now that would be pretty cool guys.
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 768
I talked with a Denon rep the other day, and he said it will ship mid to late Feb. But like what Frank said earlier, if it is delayed lets hope it's to make it a bug-free player.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I talked with a Denon rep the other day, and he said it will ship mid to late Feb. But like what Frank said earlier, if it is delayed lets hope it's to make it a bug-free player.

Thanks for sharing that.
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:42 AM
 
IwantmyTHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greater Metropolatin Los Angeles area Suburb
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Now that would be pretty cool guys.

No, that would be excessive! I love Excessive!
IwantmyTHX is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Member
 
LPE427Fbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Very interesting. I had just checked Listen Up's website only 2 days ago and it only mentioned that they would be accepting pre-orders beginning Feb. 1st, and no mention of an exact shipping time frame.

Now it says "Will begin shipping mid-February". Maybe the US models are on their way, and it's the Japanese models that are delayed? Now that would be a switch with us getting them before Japan. I hope that what Listen Up shows is correct, but we'll see.

I called my dealer earlier this week and he's supposed to let me know what he finds out. His rep had told him that they were on the ship and on their way to the US, now I just need confirmation that this is indeed true.


Seth


Yeah, I had been watching that as well. Wasn't expecting to be able to order until Sunday. But they're early...so I went ahead and pulled the trigger... We'll see how long they take...
LPE427Fbird is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Maybe it was the Spring-like thaw we had here today. Or perhaps it was sampling the Superbowl beer and making sure it was at the correct temperature. Whatever it was, I just ordered me a shiny new Pioneer Elite 09FD blu-ray player. Ya know, sometimes you just gotta say "what the f@@k." (R-Rated)

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Maybe it was the Spring-like thaw we had here today. Or perhaps it was sampling the Superbowl beer and making sure it was at the correct temperature. Whatever it was, I just ordered me a shiny new Pioneer Elite 09FD blu-ray player. Ya know, sometimes you just gotta say "what the f@@k." (R-Rated)

Way cool mi amigo! Congrats!! Yes sometimes you just gotta say it!
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPE427Fbird View Post

Yeah, I had been watching that as well. Wasn't expecting to be able to order until Sunday. But they're early...so I went ahead and pulled the trigger... We'll see how long they take...

That is awesome! Here's hoping the mid-Feb shipping holds true. Congrats!
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Way cool mi amigo! Congrats!! Yes sometimes you just gotta say it!

Thanks Seth. To quote something I read from a good friend, "I think I finally have it pretty much where I want it now."

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Thanks Seth. To quote something I read from a good friend, "I think I finally have it pretty much where I want it now."

Congrats Waboman and your right you have to say it at times " What the F@@ck"

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

To quote something I read from a good friend, "I think I finally have it pretty much where I want it now."

ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Member
 
LPE427Fbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

That is awesome! Here's hoping the mid-Feb shipping holds true. Congrats!

thanks..i'll keep you all posted on how things progress...
LPE427Fbird is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Newbie
 
fast.cash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hear ya. Why plunk down a lot of cash now when this player is coming. According to DenonJeff, this Blu-ray Universal player is going to be a no holds barred design that will be an "in house" designed and built unit. So one can almost expect it to be profile 2.0, and have the very best of what Denon has to offer. It's going to be a reference piece that will be the flagship of their Blu-ray line. I am really jazzed about this one.
fast.cash is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast.cash View Post

I hear ya. Why plunk down a lot of cash now when this player is coming. According to DenonJeff, this Blu-ray Universal player is going to be a no holds barred design that will be an "in house" designed and built unit. So one can almost expect it to be profile 2.0, and have the very best of what Denon has to offer. It's going to be a reference piece that will be the flagship of their Blu-ray line. I am really jazzed about this one.

I also believe that the Denon A1UDCI is going to be the ultimate reference player. And while the Pioneer 09FD is without a doubt a fantastic player, IMO it just can't touch what Denon has done with the A1UDCI.

For someone looking for pristine PQ, and no need for the extra goodies Denon has packed in their player, the 09FD is the way to go. But for the rest of us looking for the absolute best of the best in both audio and video, the Denon is the only option.

Like you, I am also really jazzed about this player.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

I also believe that the Denon A1UDCI is going to be the ultimate reference player. And while the Pioneer 09FD is without a doubt a fantastic player, IMO it just can't touch what Denon has done with the A1UDCI.

For someone looking for pristine PQ, and no need for the extra goodies Denon has packed in their player, the 09FD is the way to go. But for the rest of us looking for the absolute best of the best in both audio and video, the Denon is the only option.

Like you, I am also really jazzed about this player.


Seth

I totally agree, no other brand either has or has coming anything like it. from its state of the art dac stage, top line analog fully balanced design with xlr outputs. the dvd playback would be top line as well I have no doubt. as with jitter free with sacd/dvda and quality of fit and finish. its best of the best if I remember how denon jeff described it !

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
c722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

its best of the best if I remember how denon jeff described it !

.. and I guess Chris from Pioneer will say the 09 is the best of the best too. (not that I'm agreeing to either...)

for one the Denon does not seem to have a 1080p24 output for DVD. Perhaps a feature reserved for the "A2UDCI" ?
c722 is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

dunno about europe..

but my local denon dealer is saying its
"not for the likes of us antipodeans just yet"

so yeah I suspect like previous denon BD players they havent as yet bothered to make one for our region let alone PAL !

Al looks like it will support PAL after all so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie version mirrors the German one below-

http://faq.denon-online.eu/attachments/682/DVD-A1UD.pdf

Now for it to be made Region free for DVD/Blu-Ray and have quick load up times with no bugs and I'm there. Well I can dream
Spizz is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post

Al looks like it will support PAL after all so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie version mirrors the German one below-

http://faq.denon-online.eu/attachments/682/DVD-A1UD.pdf

Now for it to be made Region free for DVD/Blu-Ray and have quick load up times with no bugs and I'm there. Well I can dream

hehe but a dream for me ! but yeah if there is an eu/uk version then hopefully means a possiblity for us. though no guarantees even there I dont think. after all even with eu/uk versions of the 2500/3800 they never brought it out for us. though that looks like changing so maybe a glimmer of hope !

will keep my eyes peeled, we can only hope we get region coding bypassed even if it is only for DVD as is the australian way

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post

Al looks like it will support PAL after all so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie version mirrors the German one below-

http://faq.denon-online.eu/attachments/682/DVD-A1UD.pdf

Now for it to be made Region free for DVD/Blu-Ray and have quick load up times with no bugs and I'm there. Well I can dream

So you will be looking at getting one also? Here in Australia?

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post

Al looks like it will support PAL after all so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ozzie version mirrors the German one below-

http://faq.denon-online.eu/attachments/682/DVD-A1UD.pdf

Now for it to be made Region free for DVD/Blu-Ray and have quick load up times with no bugs and I'm there. Well I can dream

Have to say looking at the PDF its very tempting.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

So you will be looking at getting one also? Here in Australia?

Franin the majority of my 170+ Blu-Ray titles are Region A. So unless it can be made Region free, and is bug free with quick boot up times then most likely.

If not I'll sitck with my Blu-Ray Region free Panny BD30 in the short term.
Spizz is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:19 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post

Franin the majority of my 170+ Blu-Ray titles are Region A. So unless it can be made Region free, and is bug free with quick boot up times then most likely.

If not I'll sitck with my Blu-Ray Region free Panny BD30 in the short term.

Im like you majority of my movies are region A but would you be looking at importing the player? My guess it could be cheaper than what the price could be here in Australia.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
butsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Im like you majority of my movies are region A but would you be looking at importing the player? My guess it could be cheaper than what the price could be here in Australia.

Mate, How much this DENON in Australia?It must be added tax again?
butsu is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Im like you majority of my movies are region A but would you be looking at importing the player? My guess it could be cheaper than what the price could be here in Australia.

Well Franin if I was looking to import I would probably get it from Singapore rather than the US as it would be 240V and PAL DVD support unlike the US version which is NTSC only. Then I would only go that route if I knew there was a Region free Blu-Ray mod coming for this player.

If this was the case I would just get it locally in Australia (as if Denon upgrade the Denon Link on it it needs to go to a Service Agent for hardware changeover).

Oh and I got a release date and pricing from APA on the Aussie release. March 20th its expected into Australia and the pricing is better than I thought. RRP $7999 Australian and I know I can get it from a source locally for low 6's high 5's. But again only if it can be made Region free as I would only have 20 Region B blu-Rays and the rest are A's.
Spizz is offline  
 

Tags
Denon , Blu Ray Players
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off