Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Some eye candy pictures from AVBuzz-

Audioholics have posted an interesting Podcast with Denon Jeff. In it he mentions that there will be an annoucement of the player in November/December with a January/February release date in mind. It will be entirely built inhouse (yay) and is based on the same standard as their previous High-End Universal player the DVD-5910. It will also featured balanced 2 Channel outputs for CD playback for those that can take advantage of this.

Also it will feature-

- A successor to DL3 that will handle all digital clock management and jitter control for audio instead of HDMI
- New 32 bit digital upsampling and D/A conversion circuits

Pricing mentioned was going to be $3400 when they were going to included HD-DVD playback but since HD-DVD demise and Toshiba not making the optical lasers anymore HD-DVD has been dropped.

So I still invision $3000k for it and will gladly buy one to replace my current 2 Player solution.

http://www.avrant.com/?p=311

Heres hoping that Denon-

- Redesign their GUI finally on the player to match those on their new AVR/AVP's, and more importantly since this is going to be a no holds player

- Match or better the Blu-Ray load times of the PS3. Since this won't be out until early 09 hopefully technology will catch up to make this possible or else Denon can just drop a Cell processor in to make this happen at the price point it is coming out at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please let this be true!
post #3 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
These features should have been in the 3800....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #4 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

I will buy this player sight unseen if they include a source direct mode.
post #5 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thank you Spizz for starting this thread.

Yes Denon is indeed coming out with this high end universal player, and like Spizz mentioned, the projected release is around Feb. Since I know there will be much demand for this upcoming player, anything we really want/need the player to do, we need to let Denon know about now. Because right now I'm sure it's still in its developmental stage, so the product has yet to be finalized. And as such any features and functions can be added at this point.

Make a listing of features/functions that we would really need/want in this player, and I will let Gene DellaSala over at Audioholics know, as he has direct contact with DenonJeff and Denon themselves. Because I know that he is just as interested in this player as we are. So if we can help to make this player the absolute best it can be, let's do it!

Seth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Thank you Spizz for starting this thread.

Make a listing of features/functions that we would really need/want in this player, and I will let Gene DellaSala over at Audioholics know, as he has direct contact with DenonJeff and Denon themselves. Because I know that he is just as interested in this player as we are. So if we can help to make this player the absolute best it can be, let's do it!

Seth

While this is probably a bit out of left field, I would love it to have digital inputs and a pre-amplifier, a la the Linn Unidisc SC, so that it could be the cornerstone of a home theater. Really, though, as long as it plays SACDs and Blu-rays, and has analog outs, I will be happy...
post #7 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Would it need the Denon Link - or the HDMI would do all that for DVD-Audio/SACD?
post #8 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I would seriously pay extra for the fast Blu-Ray load up times that equal or beat the PS3. My BD-30 which is supposedly one of the faster stand alones is still slow to me.
post #9 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

These features should have been in the 3800....

But, alas, they are not. Let's move on.
post #10 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Very good news indeed. Hopefully now that Denon has announced inclusion of SACD in their BR universal player, others will follow.

Also very excited about the "in house" feature, that is a deal breaker for me. The 2500 almost made it into my rack and I would've been furious to learn of it's heritage.

Will this model be in the 5000 series or at that lower price possibly 3000?

05-1.3H BJC-3808-1.3H BJC-5080
post #11 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

5000 Series as Jeff mentioned in the interview and also the $3k+ price mentioned.
post #12 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Well so far anyway,
  • Blu-ray load times that are on par with that of the PS3
  • Source Direct mode
  • A better GUI menu system that is the same style to one used in the new AVR's/AVP
  • Audiophile grade DAC's for two channel section that offers performance to that of a stand alone high end CD player

Again, no guarantees that any of these things will be part of this new player, but at least if we let Denon know early on what we really want, they might just listen.

Seth

post #13 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Will this player for sure include Blu-ray?
post #14 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonLover View Post

Will this player for sure include Blu-ray?

Most definitely!

post #15 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks ohyeah32. I was considering the Denon's DVD-2500BTCI Blu-Ray Player but I think I will use the PS3 a little longer until this new unit starts shipping. I don't mind waiting for a unit so I always get exactly what I want.
post #16 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks ohyeah32. I was considering the Denon's DVD-2500BTCI Blu-Ray Player but I think I will use the PS3 a little longer until this new unit starts shipping. I don't mind waiting for a unit so I always get exactly what I want.

You're welcome.

I hear ya. Why plunk down a lot of cash now when this player is coming. According to DenonJeff, this Blu-ray Universal player is going to be a no holds barred design that will be an "in house" designed and built unit. So one can almost expect it to be profile 2.0, and have the very best of what Denon has to offer. It's going to be a reference piece that will be the flagship of their Blu-ray line. I am really jazzed about this one.

Right now I own a 2500BTCI, and other than the LFE issue on PCM, I am totally enjoying it! But once this new player comes out, it will be replacing my 2500 as the primary Blu-ray player. Heck it's going to be replacing quite a few things (Sony BDP-S300, Yamaha S2300 Universal, and possibly Sony CDP-XA20ES).

Seth

post #17 of 3625 Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

You're welcome.

I hear ya. Why plunk down a lot of cash now when this player is coming. According to DenonJeff, this Blu-ray Universal player is going to be a no holds barred design that will be an "in house" designed and built unit. So one can almost expect it to be profile 2.0, and have the very best of what Denon has to offer. It's going to be a reference piece that will be the flagship of their Blu-ray line. I am really jazzed about this one.

Right now I own a 2500BTCI, and other than the LFE issue on PCM, I am totally enjoying it! But once this new player comes out, it will be replacing my 2500 as the primary Blu-ray player. Heck it's going to be replacing quite a few things (Sony BDP-S300, Yamaha S2300 Universal, and possibly Sony CDP-XA20ES).

Seth

Any idea or quess how much the player will run Seth? I will need to start saving now.
post #18 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any idea or quess how much the player will run Seth? I will need to start saving now.

Nothing concrete at this point. But expect it to be much higher than the 3800BDCI. This is "only a guess", but possibly in the $3,000-$3,500 range.

post #19 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 AM

Liked: 13
I'm sure this has been covered everywhere else and I'm going to take a lot of flack for even asking, but can someone list me simple bullet points or something as to what puts this above using a $400 PS3 as the BD player? (in my case, I already have the 5308CI with the Realta chip, so upconversion shouldn't be a factor for me).

I've been holding out for the next generation of Denon players since DenonJeff announced there would be something later in the year to succeed the 2500BTCI/3800BDCI (which is obviously now early '09). Since I tend to keep things for years, Profile 2.0 would be nice to have. I've been holding out against pretty much everyone I know and their arguments toward a PS3 simply because I like the idea/simplicity of a standalone player (esp. one that matches my receiver) and I'm just not a fan of the PS3 (seems bulky/noisy/ugly/tedious). Still, I'd love some quick facts as to why it's worth waiting for one of these new players to help me decide whether I should keep waiting. I'm sure it would help other people as well.

[As far as having this new player built in-house, that would be nice! I'm seriously sick of my DVD-2200 (I forget who the original manufacturer is - Panasonic I think?). The fact that you can't even resume a movie is irritating and makes you wonder why Denon would ever stamp their name on it.]

Thanks in advance!
Matt
post #20 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Did anyone ask him why he abandoned AVS?

For my latest Reviews and stuff Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Follow me: @joerodhometheat
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

post #21 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I would have left too, if I received the kind of verbal abuse he was subjected to (IMHO).
post #22 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

I never verbally abused him. In fact I bought into his new threads and purchased both the 2500 and 3800. Then when I discovered issues (3800) he ignored my PMs. And that was before I went public with them. I went to him first privately. The least he could have done was answer me or give me a number to call someone about them...

post #23 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 10:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I never verbally abused him.

This was NOT directed at you. Others were not as civilized.
post #24 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Cool. Got you. I would gladly look at their new player coming out but I promise you I won't be first this time.

post #25 of 3625 Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I think it goes in cycles
post #26 of 3625 Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 AM

Geez i hope its nowhere near $3,000....Prices should be coming down not up...this player should not cost more than what the 3800 cost..
post #27 of 3625 Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Yep - a bit pricy. Especially for technology that seems to need upgrading every year. At least for those who want to stay on the cutting edge. (no sooner do I order a new player - another "superior" player is announced before I even take delivery)
post #28 of 3625 Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

True, it is going to be pricey, but this will most likely be the "only" Blu-ray player that will offer pretty much everything (Blu-ray, DVD, SACD, DVD-A, HDCD, Realta, balanced outs, etc.).

Seth

post #29 of 3625 Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As long as it has fast load times for me (aka PS3 fast) I don't see myself upgrading to BD Profile 5.7
post #30 of 3625 Old 07-14-2008, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexortega View Post

Geez i hope its nowhere near $3,000....Prices should be coming down not up...this player should not cost more than what the 3800 cost..

It'll probably be at least that, considering what something like a Denon 5910CI still runs for and it doesn't have BD.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page