AVS Forum banner
257K views 665 replies 176 participants last post by  wmcclain 
#1 ·

Help keep us keep this chart updated. To access editable version click Here to participate!

See less See more
Reactions: Riekopo
#202 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino /forum/post/14707071

Yes.. I'm working on an updated chart. Anything you notice that's missing?

yes. The Philips 7200 bitstreams DTS-Master Audio.

S~

#204 ·
#205 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm /forum/post/14707409

Yes, someone else also posted that earlier in this thread.

Yeah, me post 51 and 72

S~

#209 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate358 /forum/post/14722465

heads up.. just got the Crutchfield mag in the mail. They said that the Sony BDP-S550 will be $399.99 valid 9/28/08.

That's funny. The SonyStyle site has MSRP listed at $499.99 and available 10/13/2008. I've never known Crutchfield to report something that wasn't MSRP for a new item.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665368407

Even the Crutchfield site reports otherwise (10/17/2008 availability). Must be a typo in the mag:

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/produ...50&search=s550

Edit: looks like MA decoding may make it in this machine after all. The SonyStyle website said otherwise as recent as last week?

#210 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 /forum/post/14722505

Even the Crutchfield site reports otherwise (10/17/2008 availability). Must be a typo in the mag:

Crutchfield also seems to be perpetuating the false info about the S550 decoding DTS-MA:
"built-in audio decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS-HD Master Audio"

#211 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 /forum/post/14722505

That's funny. The SonyStyle site has MSRP listed at $499.99 and available 10/13/2008. I've never known Crutchfield to report something that wasn't MSRP for a new item.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665368407

Edit: looks like MA decoding may make it in this machine after all. The SonyStyle website said otherwise as recent as last week?

I'll be saving this mag to see if Best Buy will price match!

#214 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchen_space /forum/post/14728300

The table is really, really out of date. Is there a site somewhere else that has up to date information? There have been a lot of units announced.

"Announced" is different from "shipped." Any number of things can change from press release to actual product. We're better off reporting features as we get them in our homes.

#219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg101 /forum/post/14753257

I have Onkyio 875 connected to a Pioneer 505 via component and the BD50 via HDMI. I get only sound and blue screen, works ok if I use component.

Help

Dana

See your Onkyo 875 manual. Most, if not all, AVRs will not convert the digital HDMI video to analog component video. Is there some reason you are not using the HDMI connection to your display?

If your display (the Pioneer 505, I assume - you did not provide the complete model number) does not have a HDMI input, then you will have to use the component outputs from the BD50 for the video signal.

#220 ·
Have a multi-channel Blu Ray disc from 2L called Divertimento that is audio only with all tracks with DTS-A, Dolby True HD an PCM but all recorded at 24/192. My Samsung 5000 trnasmite the 24/192 but only as two channel except the DTS-MA. Is there a BluRay player that will transmit 24/192 myltichannel for Dolbt True HD an d PCM?

Bill

#221 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gaw2 /forum/post/14754862

Have a multi-channel Blu Ray disc from 2L called Divertimento that is audio only with all tracks with DTS-A, Dolby True HD an PCM but all recorded at 24/192. My Samsung 5000 trnasmite the 24/192 but only as two channel except the DTS-MA. Is there a BluRay player that will transmit 24/192 myltichannel for Dolbt True HD an d PCM?

Bill

If you have the player set to Bit-stream, it would be your AVR or Preamp that is only handling the 2 channels. If the player is bit-streaming TrueHD, DTS-MA it just sends the data off the disc over HDMI.

#222 ·
I really want to purchase a stand alone BD player. Just now I have a PS3 while waiting. Is there someone out there that has real life experience with upscale players that can help me with my decision. I see Yamaha has a new one? I am not sure I am willing to pay 2K for a player though.

#223 ·
I have a Yamaha DSP A1 (5.1)with coaxial digital audio inputs. I see that the 550 has one of these as an output as well. Will I be losing any audio from the 7.1 Sony or can I let the Yamaha do the processing? I also have the optical to use as well. I'm not sure about the audio tracks on the Blu Ray discs either. I just want a full 5.1 signal with DD and or DTS.

#224 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbob /forum/post/14765118

I have a Yamaha DSP A1 (5.1)with coaxial digital audio inputs. I see that the 550 has one of these as an output as well. Will I be losing any audio from the 7.1 Sony or can I let the Yamaha do the processing? I also have the optical to use as well. I'm not sure about the audio tracks on the Blu Ray discs either. I just want a full 5.1 signal with DD and or DTS.

You can bitstream from the player to your processor over the digital coax connection. Your processor will handle the decoding. Since digital coax only supports the 5.1 legacy formats, you will be limited to DD and DTS. You won't be losing any audio. You'll get the full 5.1 mix. But, of course, you won't get the lossless tracks with a coax connection.

#226 ·
I Copy-Pasted this: This week the first “No Name” Chinese player was released in Scandinavia under the name TECSONIC BHD8866.

It’s a profile 1.1 player that decodes DD/DTS HD in the player and outputs MA over HDMI."

From this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1067485&page=2

And I'm wondering if someone, somehow, can verify TECSONIC BHD8866's decoding capabilities?

I need internally decoding of HD-audio for my Yamaha Rx-v2600.

Edit: Update ... found a User manual online: http://www.netlogic.se/bhd8866.asp

It stated:

3.1 AUDIO OUTPUT CAPABILITIES

Each of the digital audio outputs are capable of different levels of functionality, as described in the table below. Actual output will depend on setup menu settings, what types of audio tracks are encoded on the disk, and, for HDMI, TV capabilities.

1) Core portion of this track will be passed to the audio receiver if the receiver has the capability to decode this format

2) Raw digital track will be passed through to the audio receiver if the receiver has the capability to decode this format, OR the track can be mixed with other disk audio (for example, director’s commentary or special effects from button pushes) and then re-encoded to multichannel DTS or stereo PCM.

3) Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD tracks can be decoded and re-encoded to multichannel DTS and stereo PCM

4) Decoded, mixed with effects and secondary channel, and converted to Analog

Me being Norwegian and somewhat slow would appreciate a translation :)

Does it do the same as the PS3? Regarding number 3) I'm just a little confused by the re-coding to Multichannel DTS ? If it said MPCM i would be satisfied, but this I don't understand.. A Dolby True HD signal converted/re-coded into DTS or stereo? I don't want that..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.