Official Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD & BDP-51FD Owners Thread / Vs 1.32 DTS-HD MA - Page 1028 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
post #30811 of 30815 Old 01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsinnott View Post
Thanks Rick for the interesting and informative feedback. Maybe I will stick to Denon- I was quite happy with the quality of the 1909 considering how much I paid- only complaint was the user manual- an absolute nightmare to navigate. Doesn't bother me too much tho as once I have my receiver/spks calibrated and set up I usually just leave it at that. I will keep an close eye on 4K developments thru 2015. Exciting times for home theater enthusiasts!
+1 Lot of options though to really enhance the enjoyment, Denon have really taken Audyssey to heart and in their current models it turns a good AVR into something really quite special for both music and films, check out some of the reviews.
hsinnott likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30812 of 30815 Old 01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 80
You also might want to consider how often a manufacturer provides BD-Java updates for your players... Pioneer is notorious in posting updates far later than other brands. There is nothing more frustrating than buying a movie and waiting for a few months before an update is released to play it...
hsinnott likes this.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #30813 of 30815 Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
You also might want to consider how often a manufacturer provides BD-Java updates for your players... Pioneer is notorious in posting updates far later than other brands. There is nothing more frustrating than buying a movie and waiting for a few months before an update is released to play it...
Luckily I have several bluray players so never a problem.
post #30814 of 30815 Unread Today, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsinnott View Post
Luckily I have several bluray players so never a problem.
I must have had some sort of intuition, or a bang on the heed when I said hold off on your BD player, I take it you got the AVS news email if you didn't the first article which can be seen here is for you Ultra HD Blu-ray Spec at CES 2015
post #30815 of 30815 Unread Today, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
I must have had some sort of intuition, or a bang on the heed when I said hold off on your BD player, I take it you got the AVS news email if you didn't the first article which can be seen here is for you Ultra HD Blu-ray Spec at CES 2015
I actually read about the new upcoming 4K players and physical media on another forum covering CES and cannot wait...I just hope these new players don't cost an arm and a leg!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Excellent Pioneer Bdp 05fd Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Bdp 51fd Bonusview Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page