Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Rocky View Post

Also, is the 2500 BD Live right out of the box, or does it too need to wait for the FW update?

Yes, the 2500 had BD-Live right out of the box. Though I am not too impressed with it so far. For example, on Iron Man i downloaded some content - a BD-Live "quiz" game, where it replays scenes from the movie, and there is a quiz at the bottom of the screen to test your knowledge. Its kinda lame. A little slow to load, choppy, and not very fluid.

-Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM

Bori, I have a Sony 50" XBR rear projection LCD and I don't have any interlace issues with mine. I fear it might be your TV. Maybe there is "more" of a conflict between the Reon on the Sammy and your TV's internal interlacer. It is possible that the Sony 350's isn't having the conflict because it isn't that good to begin with. (Per HD Guru and AV mag).

My only suggestion is to try the player direct to your TV to at least take one component out of the equation and then go from there.
post #363 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers View Post

So, that is a good question. If your TV is set to 1080i, and the Sammy is at 1080i then which does it default to?

How do you get around that? Set the TV to 720P and keep the Sammy at 1080i?

TV typically accepts whatever is feed in, 720p or 1080i and converts to its native format. In the case of all the new TVs that's not a CRT, the TV has to convert to progressive then scale to the native resolution. If you feed the TV 720p, the TV does not need to de-interlace, only scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I have a Sony rear projection LCD 60 inch. I agree with you flyers that the BD-2500 has better picture quality I am not disputing that at all but, if it doesnt deinterlace as good as the Sony I will be disappointed.

It's the other way around. If you feed your TV 1080i, your TV will do the de-interlace, not the player. Your Sony is probably 720p or 768p native. You should set player output 720p if it can't accept 1080p. This way, you can use the de-interlacing function of the player which will be better than any TV can handle.
post #364 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclements3 View Post

Yes, the 2500 had BD-Live right out of the box. Though I am not too impressed with it so far. For example, on Iron Man i downloaded some content - a BD-Live "quiz" game, where it replays scenes from the movie, and there is a quiz at the bottom of the screen to test your knowledge. Its kinda lame. A little slow to load, choppy, and not very fluid.

-Bill

I am impressed by the 2550 more so than I was with the Sony 350. I don't know what all the "buzz" is with BD-Live, isn't it all lame to begin with? It also slows down the performance of you player. I just don't get the allure of BD-Live and why everyone "NEEDS" to have it or they won't be happy. When did PQ seem to go out the window??? Isn't that what High Def. DVD was supposed to be about, 1080P movies?

Because it's choppy doesn't mean it's the player. The issue that you probably have might with your connection download speed.
post #365 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 PM

It's the other way around. If you feed your TV 1080i, your TV will do the de-interlace, not the player. Your Sony is probably 720p or 768p native. You should set player output 720p if it can't accept 1080p. This way, you can use the de-interlacing function of the player which will be better than any TV can handle.[/quote]

Great, that is what I wanted to know. My TV is 768 native I believe. I will change my player to 720P and see what the results will be and let you all know.
post #366 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:

Bori, I have a Sony 50" XBR rear projection LCD and I don't have any interlace issues with mine. I fear it might be your TV. Maybe there is "more" of a conflict between the Reon on the Sammy and your TV's internal interlacer. It is possible that the Sony 350's isn't having the conflict because it isn't that good to begin with. (Per HD Guru and AV mag).

My only suggestion is to try the player direct to your TV to at least take one component out of the equation and then go from there.

I tried connecting directly to the tv and all I get is the screen flickering. Like it trying to do the HDMI handshake and it can not. What is going on? By the way I tried my sons Diego aminimated cartoon and I get some serious jaggies when I ff the DVD. I tried the same disc on my PS3 and no jaggies at all.
post #367 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:

I tried connecting directly to the tv and all I get is the screen flickering. Like it trying to do the HDMI handshake and it can not. What is going on? By the way I tried my sons Diego aminimated cartoon and I get some serious jaggies when I ff the DVD. I tried the same disc on my PS3 and no jaggies at all.

The thing that is I don't understand is that you have a picture when you go HDMI through your receiver yet don't when you do direct. Did you try a different HDMI cable? At this point it might be the player and would exchange or return it.
post #368 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The thing that is I don't understand is that you have a picture when you go HDMI through your receiver yet don't when you do direct. Did you try a different HDMI cable? At this point it might be the player and would exchange or return it.

It seems that the 2550 did the same thing. The PS3 does not have any jaggies at all. Maybe my television does not like Samsungs? This is really disappointing because I really like this player.
post #369 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:

It seems that the 2550 did the same thing. The PS3 does not have any jaggies at all. Maybe my television does not like Samsungs? This is really disappointing because I really like this player.

Well, I have a similar Sony Rear projection LCD TV and my 2550 doesn't do it so I really don't know where the issue lies. Did you try to change the 2500 to 720P output and see if that changes anything?
post #370 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, I have a similar Sony Rear projection LCD TV and my 2550 doesn't do it so I really don't know where the issue lies. Did you try to change the 2500 to 720P output and see if that changes anything?

Yes same thing. In order to directly connect to the TV do I need to change anything in the settings? Or should it detect it automatically? I have notice this with only my samsung players and the xbox 360 which is horrible at upconversion. I am wondering if the reon is really doing it job.
post #371 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Yes same thing. In order to directly connect to the TV do I need to change anything in the settings? Or should it detect it automatically? I have notice this with only my samsung players and the xbox 360 which is horrible at upconversion. I am wondering if the reon is really doing it job.

In the Samsung menu, change the output to 720P instead of 1080i.

I fear the the issue might be with your TV but that is for an expert to decide, which I am not. If the sony didn't do it then rather than purchasing a new TV you might want to try the new Panny 35 that is and see if it doesn't the same thing. Or you can just get a nice new 1080P TV
post #372 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In the Samsung menu, change the output to 720P instead of 1080i.

I fear the the issue might be with your TV but that is for an expert to decide, which I am not. If the sony didn't do it then rather than purchasing a new TV you might want to try the new Panny 35 that is and see if it doesn't the same thing. Or you can just get a nice new 1080P TV

I was thinking the same thing I am going to buy the Panny 35k and see what that does. I did get it to work directly to the tv and still plenty of jaggies during ff and RR. The same jaggies that appear on the start up screen.
post #373 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 03:21 PM

Please add BD-P2500 to the title of this thread.

I'm too lazy to read two threads when/if the P2500 one is created.
post #374 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing I am going to buy the Panny 35k and see what that does. I did get it to work directly to the tv and still plenty of jaggies during ff and RR. The same jaggies that appear on the start up screen.

What do you have the "Sharpness" setting in the Sammy menu set to? I changed mine to low and all the "jaggedies" smoothed out.
post #375 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclements3 View Post

-Bill

Hmmm, thanks for answering my question.

And to the others, yes, BD Live is nothing much yet, but in the future who knows? Either way, I would much rather have it to be ready for what may come later, then to buy one without it, and hit myself in the head every day after . . . . .

Now, as the 2500 does have BD Live right out of the box, and it has been released much later than the 2550, does it not make you wonder if there might not BE some improvements made to it internally? Perhaps those of us who bought into the BB exclusive 2550 were in a sense, BETA testers for Samsung??? Either way, with CC offering it at $50 cheaper, and BB most likely won't match the price because of one # changed, then it might be worth returning for the 2500 at CC, even though I PREFER BB over CC, and some mention that CC is having financial problems.

PS: I just tried again to see if there were any new updates for the 2550, and not yet. But one weird thing I noticed as I tried to check for new FW updates - the screen seemed to get fuzzy and jump a bit while doing the update check. Anyone else see this happen?
post #376 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What do you have the "Sharpness" setting in the Sammy menu set to? I changed mine to low and all the "jaggedies" smoothed out.

I have it set to off. So you set it to low and smoothed out the jaggies on the logo or the DVD upscaling? By the way I tried the player on my other television set which is a LCD 32inch 1080i televsion and I still got the jaggies. Do you think the monopriced could be the problem? I was thinking about buying a monster cable to see if there is any difference. Could it be that without the sharp setting engaged the reon is not turned on? I am at work right now so I will try it tomorrow morning. I did go to CC and returned the player and picked up another new 2500. If this does not work I will be getting the Panny 35k when it comes out.
post #377 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Why is it when you turn on the player it on and show the home screen in 480 with bars on the side then it cycles off and does the HDMI handshake and then we have the HD homescreen. I could of swarn it did not do that before I started messing around with the HDMI cables.
post #378 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have it set to off. So you set it to low and smoothed out the jaggies on the logo or the DVD upscaling? By the way I tried the player on my other television set which is a LCD 32inch 1080i televsion and I still got the jaggies. Do you think the monopriced could be the problem? I was thinking about buying a monster cable to see if there is any difference. Could it be that without the sharp setting engaged the reon is not turned on? I am at work right now so I will try it tomorrow morning. I did go to CC and returned the player and picked up another new 2500. If this does not work I will be getting the Panny 35k when it comes out.

HDMI cable is either working or not at all. It won't affect PQ even if you use a pure gold cable

You need set your player to either 1080p or 720p in order for Reon to work. I got a feeling that you have some funcky HDMI handshaking problem.
post #379 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

PS: I just tried again to see if there were any new updates for the 2550, and not yet.

Samsung usually post updates on its web site first before post on player download server.
post #380 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

HDMI cable is either working or not at all. It won't affect PQ even if you use a pure gold cable

You need set your player to either 1080p or 720p in order for Reon to work. I got a feeling that you have some funcky HDMI handshaking problem.

So dont waste my time with another cable. So it should be the player? I tried it on two tv's and tried different cables with the same results. What about setting the player to 1080i?
post #381 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought you're on 1080i before and don't like it. 1080i will bypass Reon.
post #382 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought you're on 1080i before and don't like it. 1080i will bypass Reon.

I am on 1080i and always loved it with any other player. Its just the 2500 that is giving problems. The reason I asked is because you posted earlier that you need to set it to 720p or 1080p to turn on the reon. I guess it was a misunderstanding. Oh well I will try the new one I got today if that does not work I will return it in a week or so and purchase the BD35k.
post #383 of 7068 Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Samsung usually post updates on its web site first before post on player download server.

I had checked there too, nothing but the manual.

But tonight I returned the 2550 and went and bought the 2500. Some observations:

the 2500 has a chrome ring around the circle faceplate controller that the 2550 did not

there is a BD LIVE setting in the main menu now under Network that the 2550 did not

the BD LIVE worked right out of the box on the 2500 as mentioned above, and the 2550 still does not have it

*** the 2500 DID NOT have the screen corruption during the FBI/Interpol warning screens at the start of Resident Evil: Apocolypse that the 2550 I had, did. Load times (the bird filling up with red) seemed about the same, so perhaps the memory in the 2550 I was using had a bad flash memory? See next item . . . . .

the 2500, when going into the persistant memory menu section DID show how much memory there was internal, and also recognized my 2 GIG flash drive and show its size as well!!! My previous 2550 NEVER showed what size the internal memory was (perhaps it was faulty to begin with then, as thought above???), and though there was a checkmark below it for my 2 GIG flash drive, it did not show the flash drive name, it was just a checkmark in an empty space. But I did notice there were more settings with the 2550 (the ABCD colored buttons) in regards to the memory, to view the contents, but so far the 2500 did not. But after I had checked to see if the BD Live worked, I also had deleted the content, so perhaps that is why?

the screensaver on the 2500 does NOT have jaggies!!!!! Where the 2550 was horrible (and I had both at the same settings = both sharpness and DVD noise reduction set to low)

I tested the BD Live with Starship Trooper 3, and it worked. Selected the Hi-Def version of a comic-con Q&A session (chapter 3). It took darn near forever to D/L. but the PQ was excellent once I got to play it.

BUT!!!!!!!! The 2500 had some SEVERE problems while playing the BD version of Stephen King's The Mist movie (AWESOME MOVIE by the way - one of those movies that you get so intense watching it, you even begin to feel feverish!!!). When I first inserted the disc and began to play it - NO SOUND! I turned off, then back on my Pioneer SC-05 AVR, and then I had sound. But then again, many times later when I would press pause, then play, the sound would drop out!!!! Now, it could be this movie, because I think I read somewhere where movies from DIMENSION had problems with the correct "flag" for their Dolby True HD and DTS HDMA soundtracks. So will have to try some more movies to make sure. But seeing how testing Resident Evil and Starship Trooper 3 played the audio just fine, I think it really is that "flag" issue with the DIMENSION studio movie.

got a FREE football BD with this! Would be cool, if I cared. I prefer American LeMans car racing to football though, but that is just me SADLY, ARGH!!! I noticed that at CC, on top of the 2500 display model they had a ad for the Samsung BD player having not only $50 off, the price now $250, but you would ALSO get a FREE copy of the Matrix Trilogy. I thought WOW! They read my mind, . . . . . . . until I read the very small fine print and found that this add was for the 1500 only, and someone had placed it ontop of the wrong player LOL.

All in all, for $51 cheaper, the 2500 so far is a keeper like the 2550 was going to have been. Needless to say though, that $51 went away real quick as I then went and bought the new Indiana Jones, The Mist, and Stargate (original, as it was always one of my favorites) all in BD.

The Matrix Trilogy, well, I'll just have to wait for this other website to get the HDDVD version back in stock, seeing as how they are selling those for around $30! Would help as a reason to keep the Tosh A35 around a bit longer

THREE CHANGES I THING SAMSUNG SHOULD MAKE/ADD:

1) make a BETTER screensaver! The 2500/2550 one is sooooooo boring and plain! At least the Sony and LG ones had different colors that would change, and looked a wee bit more proffesional. Too bad though, seeing as the 2500/2550 has internal memory, why couldn't they make a photo screensaver? Store some pics in the memory, and have them as a slideshow screensaver? Not sure, but I think it was my old Sony DVP-S7000 that had a setting to do a screenshot, and turn that into wallpaper or screensaver.

2) BETTER INFO/DISPLAY screen!!!!!!!! The LG BH200 info screen was darn near the same one as the 2500/2550, but they added an actual ICON for what audio was being used (like the square red/white DTS emblem), as wel as if it was playing 5.1 or 7.1 audio. For some, this would be very important, especially when trying to troubleshoot their system, or change modes on their receiver to matrix in 7.1 audio out of a 5.1 soundtrack

3) TIME LINE! The only way now, to see where you are in the movies, is to press pause, then play, to get the time line to appear at the top of the screen. And it stays on for a fleeting moment as it is. It should be made as another button to press to keep it on the screen as long as you want, or at least add it to the info screen.

Yes, and info screen is nothing huge compared to excellent PQ and which audio it can play (or HQV/Reon for upscalling DVD). But, when you are doing testing of your system, it is nice to have all the info at your fingertips. And the time line, showing time elapsed and total time, and at the same time, is also helpful for many reasons. Maybe you are in a hurry, might need to know where you are at in the movie (so if you had to restart the movie all over again as it is want to do with JAVA BD's, you know where to FF to), or what ever reason, this SHOULD either have its own button to display it, of have it display along with the info screen - or at the very least, have you click on it in the info screen to change what is shown (elapsed, total, etc).

After these two changes could be made, then to me the 2500/2550 would be as perfect as it can get
post #384 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 AM

Hey all, I have the 2500 and wanted to see if any of you were experiencing this problem... When hooking up through the HDMI on my Onkyo 876 the 2500 will not allow me to select 24fps? It allows my A-35, and it allowed my S350 both to be set at 24fps. Now, if I connect the 2500 directly to my Samsung A850 it will allow the setting to take place. So I thought ok, now that I have the 2500 setup for 24fps, I'll just unhook it from being directly hoooked to my tv and hook it back through my receiver...didn't work, reverts back to 24fps being OFF. Any suggestions would be helpful. I tried all settings on my receiver (through, 1080p, source...) Thanks.
post #385 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post

Hey all, I have the 2500 and wanted to see if any of you were experiencing this problem... When hooking up through the HDMI on my Onkyo 876 the 2500 will not allow me to select 24fps? It allows my A-35, and it allowed my S350 both to be set at 24fps. Now, if I connect the 2500 directly to my Samsung A850 it will allow the setting to take place. So I thought ok, now that I have the 2500 setup for 24fps, I'll just unhook it from being directly hoooked to my tv and hook it back through my receiver...didn't work, reverts back to 24fps being OFF. Any suggestions would be helpful. I tried all settings on my receiver (through, 1080p, source...) Thanks.

From what I read, you have to turn off video processing and OSD on your Onkyo AVR to allow 24fps mode be passed through. It's not the player's fault. It's your Onkyo that won't allow 24fps mode by default.
post #386 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:

I had checked there too, nothing but the manual.

But tonight I returned the 2550 and went and bought the 2500. Some observations:

the 2500 has a chrome ring around the circle faceplate controller that the 2550 did not

there is a BD LIVE setting in the main menu now under Network that the 2550 did not

the BD LIVE worked right out of the box on the 2500 as mentioned above, and the 2550 still does not have it

*** the 2500 DID NOT have the screen corruption during the FBI/Interpol warning screens at the start of Resident Evil: Apocolypse that the 2550 I had, did. Load times (the bird filling up with red) seemed about the same, so perhaps the memory in the 2550 I was using had a bad flash memory? See next item . . . . .

the 2500, when going into the persistant memory menu section DID show how much memory there was internal, and also recognized my 2 GIG flash drive and show its size as well!!! My previous 2550 NEVER showed what size the internal memory was (perhaps it was faulty to begin with then, as thought above???), and though there was a checkmark below it for my 2 GIG flash drive, it did not show the flash drive name, it was just a checkmark in an empty space. But I did notice there were more settings with the 2550 (the ABCD colored buttons) in regards to the memory, to view the contents, but so far the 2500 did not. But after I had checked to see if the BD Live worked, I also had deleted the content, so perhaps that is why?

the screensaver on the 2500 does NOT have jaggies!!!!! Where the 2550 was horrible (and I had both at the same settings = both sharpness and DVD noise reduction set to low)

I tested the BD Live with Starship Trooper 3, and it worked. Selected the Hi-Def version of a comic-con Q&A session (chapter 3). It took darn near forever to D/L. but the PQ was excellent once I got to play it.

BUT!!!!!!!! The 2500 had some SEVERE problems while playing the BD version of Stephen King's The Mist movie (AWESOME MOVIE by the way - one of those movies that you get so intense watching it, you even begin to feel feverish!!!). When I first inserted the disc and began to play it - NO SOUND! I turned off, then back on my Pioneer SC-05 AVR, and then I had sound. But then again, many times later when I would press pause, then play, the sound would drop out!!!! Now, it could be this movie, because I think I read somewhere where movies from DIMENSION had problems with the correct "flag" for their Dolby True HD and DTS HDMA soundtracks. So will have to try some more movies to make sure. But seeing how testing Resident Evil and Starship Trooper 3 played the audio just fine, I think it really is that "flag" issue with the DIMENSION studio movie.

got a FREE football BD with this! Would be cool, if I cared. I prefer American LeMans car racing to football though, but that is just me SADLY, ARGH!!! I noticed that at CC, on top of the 2500 display model they had a ad for the Samsung BD player having not only $50 off, the price now $250, but you would ALSO get a FREE copy of the Matrix Trilogy. I thought WOW! They read my mind, . . . . . . . until I read the very small fine print and found that this add was for the 1500 only, and someone had placed it ontop of the wrong player LOL.

All in all, for $51 cheaper, the 2500 so far is a keeper like the 2550 was going to have been. Needless to say though, that $51 went away real quick as I then went and bought the new Indiana Jones, The Mist, and Stargate (original, as it was always one of my favorites) all in BD.

The Matrix Trilogy, well, I'll just have to wait for this other website to get the HDDVD version back in stock, seeing as how they are selling those for around $30! Would help as a reason to keep the Tosh A35 around a bit longer

THREE CHANGES I THING SAMSUNG SHOULD MAKE/ADD:

1) make a BETTER screensaver! The 2500/2550 one is sooooooo boring and plain! At least the Sony and LG ones had different colors that would change, and looked a wee bit more proffesional. Too bad though, seeing as the 2500/2550 has internal memory, why couldn't they make a photo screensaver? Store some pics in the memory, and have them as a slideshow screensaver? Not sure, but I think it was my old Sony DVP-S7000 that had a setting to do a screenshot, and turn that into wallpaper or screensaver.

2) BETTER INFO/DISPLAY screen!!!!!!!! The LG BH200 info screen was darn near the same one as the 2500/2550, but they added an actual ICON for what audio was being used (like the square red/white DTS emblem), as wel as if it was playing 5.1 or 7.1 audio. For some, this would be very important, especially when trying to troubleshoot their system, or change modes on their receiver to matrix in 7.1 audio out of a 5.1 soundtrack

3) TIME LINE! The only way now, to see where you are in the movies, is to press pause, then play, to get the time line to appear at the top of the screen. And it stays on for a fleeting moment as it is. It should be made as another button to press to keep it on the screen as long as you want, or at least add it to the info screen.

Yes, and info screen is nothing huge compared to excellent PQ and which audio it can play (or HQV/Reon for upscalling DVD). But, when you are doing testing of your system, it is nice to have all the info at your fingertips. And the time line, showing time elapsed and total time, and at the same time, is also helpful for many reasons. Maybe you are in a hurry, might need to know where you are at in the movie (so if you had to restart the movie all over again as it is want to do with JAVA BD's, you know where to FF to), or what ever reason, this SHOULD either have its own button to display it, of have it display along with the info screen - or at the very least, have you click on it in the info screen to change what is shown (elapsed, total, etc).

After these two changes could be made, then to me the 2500/2550 would be as perfect as it can get

Hopefully, with a firmware update somtime in the future both players will have the exact same functionality.
post #387 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 PM

I have had the 2550 for two weeks now. Everything was fine for the first week. Then I try to play T2 blu-ray and it freezes at the beginning of the movie (the scene of the fire engulfing the playground). Okay fine. Then two nights ago I bought The Happening on blu-ray and the same thing except this was during the previews. I pressed stop and then play again and nothing. The player would not play, it just showed Loading. Did that a couple of times without any luck of playing the movie. Eject would not respond. So I turn it off. Last night, I try again. Same thing except at the disc menu of The Happening. Darn thing would not respond. Turned it off and on and it stays stuck at Loading while my TV shows that there is no device connected to it. ???? I tried a standard DVD to see maybe it is just the blu-ray discs, but no same thing was happening to a DVD. I turn if off and back on only this time open and close would show up in the lcd of the player but the player was not opening and closing the tray.

My question is did my player just cr@p on me.
Should I exchange it for another unit to see if I bought a bad palyer or is there a serious problem with these players.

I am connected via HDMI to a Samsung LNA650 LCD TV.
thanks,
jc
post #388 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastyo View Post

I have had the 2550 for two weeks now. Everything was fine for the first week. Then I try to play T2 blu-ray and it freezes at the beginning of the movie (the scene of the fire engulfing the playground). Okay fine. Then two nights ago I bought The Happening on blu-ray and the same thing except this was during the previews. I pressed stop and then play again and nothing. The player would not play, it just showed Loading. Did that a couple of times without any luck of playing the movie. Eject would not respond. So I turn it off. Last night, I try again. Same thing except at the disc menu of The Happening. Darn thing would not respond. Turned it off and on and it stays stuck at Loading while my TV shows that there is no device connected to it. ???? I tried a standard DVD to see maybe it is just the blu-ray discs, but no same thing was happening to a DVD. I turn if off and back on only this time open and close would show up in the lcd of the player but the player was not opening and closing the tray.

My question is did my player just cr@p on me.
Should I exchange it for another unit to see if I bought a bad palyer or is there a serious problem with these players.

I am connected via HDMI to a Samsung LNA650 LCD TV.
thanks,
jc

Well, at first I think you had a few bad discs but that just made the problem worse. Do you do a hard reset? Pull the plug not turn the power off and on again. But being that you had a problem to begin with I would exchange or return it to be safe.
post #389 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I am on my third Samsung BD2500 player and it still has the jaggies on the Samsung logo. I dont know if there is really anything wrong with these players it just might be an issue between my Sony TV and the Samsung BD players. I will hold on to the player until I can get a BD35k.
post #390 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:

I am on my third Samsung BD2500 player and it still has the jaggies on the Samsung logo. I dont know if there is really anything wrong with these players it just might be an issue between my Sony TV and the Samsung BD players. I will hold on to the player until I can get a BD35k.

I think the Samsung Logo itself is simply not very high resolution. I see the jaggies but when I pop in a disk the movie is crystal clear. I do not think it's a defect.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page