Samsung BD-2550/BD-P2500 Master Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Is there anyone that has kids in this thread? If so, see if you can get a hold of a Diego animated cartoon and pop that in the 2500. Do a ff and rr and see if you get alot of jaggies around the edges of the animated characters. Please let me know. I see the same jaggies that are on the samsung logo.
bori is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Member
 
mtw4991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Torn between these 2 players. Cnet rates the 35/55 as the best available stand-alone players. Samsung 2500 seems to have worked out most glitches(I think). Sammy is $50 more though, but my DLP is a sammy 67A750 and I like the easy link using AnyNet.

Does the 2500 really have that many problems to discard it? It has the HQV Reon, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad....?
The panny 35 is cheaper and rated very high, but will it integrate into my system easy?

My system:
Samsung DLP HL-67A750
Yamaha RX-V663BL (all audio decode onboard)
BD Player:?????????

Advice with reasons for/against please
mtw4991 is offline  
post #393 of 7068 Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Member
 
sszudzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw4991 View Post

Torn between these 2 players. Cnet rates the 35/55 as the best available stand-alone players. Samsung 2500 seems to have worked out most glitches(I think). Sammy is $50 more though, but my DLP is a sammy 67A750 and I like the easy link using AnyNet.

Does the 2500 really have that many problems to discard it? It has the HQV Reon, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad....?
The panny 35 is cheaper and rated very high, but will it integrate into my system easy?

My system:
Samsung DLP HL-67A750
Yamaha RX-V663BL (all audio decode onboard)
BD Player:?????????

Advice with reasons for/against please

I've had the 2550 for a while now and really enjoy it. Works exactly like I would expect a player to operate (it is my first BluRay). Load times are reasonable for me and the PQ is amazing for both Blu and upscaled DVDs. I have the HL61A750 Sammy DLP and I think these two work just fine with each other, though I did disable the AnyNet+ since my Harmony Remote already does all the hard work.

The only potential issue that I've had is some lip synch issues with the Dolby True HD streams when I have the player in 24hz mode. It doesn't seem to be all disks, just a few. I have not had the opportunity to test extensively to see whether its the player, receiver (Denon 3808) or tv etc. For the moment I've disabled 24hz mode but want to play around with it a bit more and see if I can figure out where the problem is.

Just watched The Forbidden Kingdom last night DTS 7.1 MA and WOW, the sound was absolutely amazing! (bitstreamed from the player of course). A better movie than I had expected.
sszudzik is offline  
post #394 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Member
 
tyson1749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just took back my Sammy BD-2500 due to not being able to get 24fps while running through the 876 to the A850? Decided to get the new Panasonic BD-35 and it worked just fine with 24fps. Must have been something that the 2500 didnt like with the sync between the 876/and A850 as I have never had the issue before. I have had and used with success in 24fps...BD30, BDS350, HD-A35 and now BD35.

May be a issue with these players and 24fps going through an HDMI receiver then to the TV? My 2 cents, thanks for the responses to my issue.
tyson1749 is offline  
post #395 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
zerog6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw4991 View Post

Torn between these 2 players. Cnet rates the 35/55 as the best available stand-alone players. Samsung 2500 seems to have worked out most glitches(I think). Sammy is $50 more though, but my DLP is a sammy 67A750 and I like the easy link using AnyNet.

Does the 2500 really have that many problems to discard it? It has the HQV Reon, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad....?
The panny 35 is cheaper and rated very high, but will it integrate into my system easy?

My system:
Samsung DLP HL-67A750
Yamaha RX-V663BL (all audio decode onboard)
BD Player:?????????

Advice with reasons for/against please

Since you don't need internal decoding of DTS-MA, then I'd say go with whichever you can get for the lowest price
zerog6 is offline  
post #396 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteveCaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Is there anyone that has kids in this thread? If so, see if you can get a hold of a Diego animated cartoon and pop that in the 2500. Do a ff and rr and see if you get alot of jaggies around the edges of the animated characters. Please let me know. I see the same jaggies that are on the samsung logo.

I can't speak to the Diego cartoon and the FF and RR but I have noticed the jaggies on the Samsung Logo as well but not during any playback. What I find interesting though is when you first turn the machine on there are no jaggies present on the Logo and if you play a blu-ray disc and go back to the logo the image remains the same "no jaggies" but if you play a standard DVD and go back to the logo you see the jaggies. Not a big deal to me but the difference between the 2 formats must have something to do with it.
SteveCaron is offline  
post #397 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Newbie
 
DeadEyesSmiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw4991 View Post

Torn between these 2 players. Cnet rates the 35/55 as the best available stand-alone players. Samsung 2500 seems to have worked out most glitches(I think). Sammy is $50 more though, but my DLP is a sammy 67A750 and I like the easy link using AnyNet.

Does the 2500 really have that many problems to discard it? It has the HQV Reon, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad....?
The panny 35 is cheaper and rated very high, but will it integrate into my system easy?

My system:
Samsung DLP HL-67A750
Yamaha RX-V663BL (all audio decode onboard)
BD Player:?????????

Advice with reasons for/against please

I actually just returned the 2550 to exchange for the 1500 with the free copy of the Ultimate Matrix Collection. The main reason I originally went with the 2550 was because of the Reon chip, but after comparing a couple of DVDs between it and my Xbox 360 upconverter, I could see NO difference in PQ. I was really surprised and even took a couple pictures with my SLR (I'll post them later when I get a chance). But after that, I decided that I'd rather have an extra $150.00 and a free $100.00 Blu-ray movie set. And I used some of that price difference to get the $30.00 Protection Plan just in case I fall victim to the oft-mentioned "Samsung Curse." From what I've been reading, the 2550/2500 is just a 1500 with Reon and 7.1 out. I didn't see any difference with the Reon, and I'm not gonna use 7.1. Hope this helps.

P.S. I'm looking at getting the Yamaha RX-V663BL, are you enjoying it?

-DES
DeadEyesSmiling is offline  
post #398 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I went to Circuit City and returned the BD-2500 for the BD-35. I purchased the Samsung for 340.00 total, because I used the 40off coupon. So when I returned it to a different CC they told me they could not give me back the money because they are on the old system but, what they can do is give me a gift card to purchase the BD-35. I said ok go for it, so she rang up the Samsung for 385.00 total. She gave me a gift card for 385.00 and I used the 40 off coupon again on the BD-35 and the total rang up to around 284 dollars. Keep in mind they gave me 45.00 extra for the Samsung and I used a 40 off coupon which is a total of 85.00 off of the BD35k. So basically the Panasonic BD-35k cost me 199 dollars and Disney has a promotion buy the BD-35 and get Ratatouille and The nightmare before Christmas for free. That would bring my total to around 170.00 for the Panasonic BD35k!

By the way the deinterlacing issue I had with the Samsung player is not an issue with the Panasonic BD-35K. So I am definitely going to stick with the Panny and use my PS3 for upscaling DVDs.
bori is offline  
post #399 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I went to Circuit City and returned the BD-2500 for the BD-35. I purchased the Samsung for 340.00 total, because I used the 40off coupon. So when I returned it to a different CC they told me they could not give me back the money because they are on the old system but, what they can do is give me a gift card to purchase the BD-35. I said ok go for it, so she rang up the Samsung for 385.00 total. She gave me a gift card for 385.00 and I used the 40 off coupon again on the BD-35 and the total rang up to around 284 dollars. Keep in mind they gave me 45.00 extra for the Samsung and I used a 40 off coupon which is a total of 85.00 off of the BD35k. So basically the Panasonic BD-35k cost me 199 dollars and Disney has a promotion buy the BD-35 and get Ratatouille and The nightmare before Christmas for free. That would bring my total to around 170.00 for the Panasonic BD35k!

By the way the deinterlacing issue I had with the Samsung player is not an issue with the Panasonic BD-35K. So I am definitely going to stick with the Panny and use my PS3 for upscaling DVDs.



Glad to see things worked out for you Bori. Can you comment on the Sammy PQ vs. the Panny 35?
flyers is offline  
post #400 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Member
 
mtw4991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bori,
What kind of de-interlacing problems did you have with the 2500? All the time or with some disks? Is the PQ better on the 35 than the 2500?

I have a ton of SD DVD's...which gives the better PQ on SD dvds?
mtw4991 is offline  
post #401 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw4991 View Post

Bori,
What kind of de-interlacing problems did you have with the 2500? All the time or with some disks? Is the PQ better on the 35 than the 2500?

I have a ton of SD DVD's...which gives the better PQ on SD dvds?

I was able to see the horizontal lines during certain scenes with the Samsung and that was on Blu ray and SD discs. I also tried three different players so it might be my television does not like samsung. The blu ray PQ on the BD35 is fantastic just finished watching Indiana Jones. If you want upscaling then the BD-2500 is slightly better but, the BD-35 is no slouch. I would have to say the blu ray PQ might be better on the BD-35 thats just my opinion.
bori is offline  
post #402 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish we could get a good comparison between the Panny 35/55 and the Sammy 2500/2550. If the Panny and Samsung are the same PQ then I'd like to save myself some cash.

My main concern is the deinterlacer in each because as of now I have a 720P native TV.
flyers is offline  
post #403 of 7068 Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Member
 
pablo234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: D/FW
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post

I think the Samsung Logo itself is simply not very high resolution. I see the jaggies but when I pop in a disk the movie is crystal clear. I do not think it's a defect.


I have to agree. Both the BD and SD picture on this player are great. The jaggies on the logo do change when you switch between a BD and SD disc but does it really matter? It's not a reflection of the playback quality.
pablo234 is offline  
post #404 of 7068 Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
WRX_Rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I was able to see the horizontal lines during certain scenes with the Samsung and that was on Blu ray and SD discs. I also tried three different players so it might be my television does not like samsung. The blu ray PQ on the BD35 is fantastic just finished watching Indiana Jones. If you want upscaling then the BD-2500 is slightly better but, the BD-35 is no slouch. I would have to say the blu ray PQ might be better on the BD-35 thats just my opinion.

So, does it seem then, that Panasonic DID fix their UniPhier chip in these new ones? Because the older BD30 was considered very weak with S-DVD movies.
WRX_Rocky is offline  
post #405 of 7068 Old 10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I remember that my old Panasonic RP-62 had a setting for how you wanted freeze-frame/single-frame advance done by the player (you could choose how the player created the frame to be displayed), and I'm wondering if the Samsung needs something similar for its fast-forward and reverse modes. Sounds like the Sammy is using a less-desireable method to extract and display frames in these modes. Kinda like bob and weave or video/film/auto selections for deinterlacing, there are better and worse ways to do image manipulation during these times.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #406 of 7068 Old 10-18-2008, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Rocky View Post

So, does it seem then, that Panasonic DID fix their UniPhier chip in these new ones? Because the older BD30 was considered very weak with S-DVD movies.

Actually if you look at some of the professional review the dvd upscaling is very good. So the BD35 and BD55 are better up-scalers then the previous versions. I really wanted to love the BD-2500 because of the reon but, could not help myself noticing the issues I was having with this player.
bori is offline  
post #407 of 7068 Old 10-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Member
 
roscoe1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did anyone else have playback issues with Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull. On my P2550 it kept stuttering and freezing at several places on a brand new disc. I put it in my P1400 and it played fine.

No problems so far with any other disks.
roscoe1972 is offline  
post #408 of 7068 Old 10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Newbie
 
prostar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post

Did anyone else have playback issues with Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull. On my P2550 it kept stuttering and freezing at several places on a brand new disc. I put it in my P1400 and it played fine.

No problems so far with any other disks.

No problem here with Crystal Skull. However had sound jitter on couple spots with Forgetting Sara Marshall. Pause and restart play resolved issue. Otherwise no other problems, except where is the firmware update to 2.0?
prostar5 is offline  
post #409 of 7068 Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post

Did anyone else have playback issues with Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull. On my P2550 it kept stuttering and freezing at several places on a brand new disc. I put it in my P1400 and it played fine.

No problems so far with any other disks.

Funny you bring this up. I watched Indiana Jones last night and it was hanging up and the audio was out of synch in a few places. After the movie, I checked the disk and it has greasy finger prints on it (rental). After cleaning it I reran those sequesces to see if it still had issue to make sure it wasn't the player and they played great, no problems at all once cleaned.
flyers is offline  
post #410 of 7068 Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Member
 
sszudzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post

Did anyone else have playback issues with Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull. On my P2550 it kept stuttering and freezing at several places on a brand new disc. I put it in my P1400 and it played fine.

No problems so far with any other disks.

Watched that one yesterday myself. No problems with the disk at all.

Update: WHile no problems with IJ, tonight Zohan kept dropping audio every 10 minutes or so. I would pause and then play and it would come back just fine. Clean disk, so shouldn't have been an issue there. Maybe heat causing some problems? Unit was a bit hot to the touch. Might need to drop it down in the cabinet away from some of the other components.
sszudzik is offline  
post #411 of 7068 Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Member
 
affiatati7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo 605 Receiver 7.1 Surround sound. At the time of purcahse Onkyo did not have a Blu Ray player so I recently purchased the Samsung BP2550 to match my Samsung HD Flat Screen. The picture looks great! I do have the following concerns:

1 - There doesn't seem to be a correct Samsung code to allow the Onkyo remote to operate the Samsung BD player. I just found a code that only turns the player on/off with my tv(no play, pause, FF, RW, etc.). Anyone have the correct code?

2 - The front display (Play, pause, symbols) are very dim. The brightness of the symbols on the round button are bright. There is a brightness adjustment in the menu, which I set to "bright" but it doesn't affect the brightness of information in the display window. How do I get info. in display window brighter so I could see it 10 feet away?

3- I watched Iornman last night. Played great! I could not get the picture to show full screen without "zooming" the Samsung TV. This, of course, makes menus appear off-screen. I set the "Display" mode on 2550 to 16.9 wide but I still got letterbox (top and botoom bars about 3 inches thick). I thought matching HD TV, Blu Ray player would give all movies a full screen 16.9 view without letterboxing and having to zoom in.

4- I also get the Samsung logo as jaggered edges at times. Movies play fine.

Any feedback would be appreciated?

Don
affiatati7 is offline  
post #412 of 7068 Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by affiatati7 View Post

3- I watched Iornman last night. Played great! I could not get the picture to show full screen without "zooming" the Samsung TV. This, of course, makes menus appear off-screen. I set the "Display" mode on 2550 to 16.9 wide but I still got letterbox (top and botoom bars about 3 inches thick). I thought matching HD TV, Blu Ray player would give all movies a full screen 16.9 view without letterboxing and having to zoom in.

You will get the movie in the correct aspect ration that it was filmed in. For most movies, you'll have bars on the top and bottom as they're rarely filmed in 16:9. Having bars on the top and bottom is correct and what you want. Don't zoom and stretch/alter the image just to fill your screen.


PS. you also don't need to alter your font size when posting.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
post #413 of 7068 Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I remember, Iron Man will show up in "letter box" and there was no need to Zoom the screen, or I guess why would you want to? You will loose resolution and not get the best picture by zooming in.
flyers is offline  
post #414 of 7068 Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my 2550 for a few weeks now and I have to say I am impressed. I originally purchased the Sony 350 and found it to be a good player but it failed the interlace test and the upscalling while not necessarily the most important thing didn't look that great. It was soft and jittery on SD playback.

It seems Samsungs keep getting a bad rap because of past issues and many state that the build quality isn't up to par when comparing the Sony, Panny and other models and while I think that statement is correct, I don't care that much because it's a stationary piece that all want is the best PQ I can get. I read that the Panny 35/55 are great and there are all sorts of reviews that agree. I've even been tempted to do a side by side comparison between the Sammy and Panny, but when I watch movies on the 2550 I can't see how the PQ can get much better.

I Just thought I would write this because I think there is so much hoopla over the other players that this one keeps getting overlooked and it's being pre-judged that it isn't as good as others while never being tested/reviewed. Too bad, this is a great player!
flyers is offline  
post #415 of 7068 Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
zrdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
5 weeks in and this player is still excellent-I was having issues with excessive graininess with upscaled dvds and then I remembered the settings I used when I briefly had a 1200-set noise reduction to low-ditto for sharpness-problem solved.
zrdb is offline  
post #416 of 7068 Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 AM
Member
 
bclements3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post

5 weeks in and this player is still excellent-I was having issues with excessive graininess with upscaled dvds and then I remembered the settings I used when I briefly had a 1200-set noise reduction to low-ditto for sharpness-problem solved.

I've had my BDP-2500 from CC for 2 weeks now, and I am enjoying it very much. Initially, I thought I would test this one out, and the return it for the panny 35k or 55k, but after a couple of weeks with no issues - why ruin a good thing right?

The positives: Quick load times, no lip sync, audio drop outs, or any other oddities experienced so far. And I especially like the aesthetics as it matches my 52a860 quite well.

The only negative is that the sammy doesn't internally decode DTS-MA, it was a big deal to me at first, but now I'll probably just let it go. My receiver decodes DTS-MA, and how often am really going to need to listen to a dts-ma soundtrack with the commentary mixed in? I think that it will still play play both tracks mixed, it just downgrades the dts-ma track to dts.


-Bill
bclements3 is offline  
post #417 of 7068 Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Newbie
 
didls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sszudzik View Post

Watched that one yesterday myself. No problems with the disk at all.

Update: WHile no problems with IJ, tonight Zohan kept dropping audio every 10 minutes or so. I would pause and then play and it would come back just fine. Clean disk, so shouldn't have been an issue there. Maybe heat causing some problems? Unit was a bit hot to the touch. Might need to drop it down in the cabinet away from some of the other components.


I have also experienced Zohans bumps (with audio) For reference I went back to a known audio drop point to maybe confirm it was the disk. When Zohan catches the fish in his bum at his beach BQ it drops out. Maybe it is a Samsung 2550 issue I'm not sure still. Everything else I've played has been good.
I did take my first 2550 back with a heat issue causing it to hangup.
didls is offline  
post #418 of 7068 Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Member
 
affiatati7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo 605 Receiver 7.1 Surround sound. At the time of purcahse Onkyo did not have a Blu Ray player so I recently purchased the Samsung BP2550 to match my Samsung HD Flat Screen. The picture looks great! I do have the following concerns:

1 - There doesn't seem to be a correct Samsung code to allow the Onkyo remote to operate the Samsung BD player. I just found a code that only turns the player on/off with my tv(no play, pause, FF, RW, etc.). Anyone have the correct code?

2 - The front display (Play, pause, symbols) are very dim. The brightness of the symbols on the round button are bright. There is a brightness adjustment in the menu, which I set to "bright" but it doesn't affect the brightness of information in the display window. How do I get info. in display window brighter so I could see it 10 feet away?
affiatati7 is offline  
post #419 of 7068 Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
It looks like the 2500 will get Netflix streaming ability with new firmware. Check out this link http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...d=BD-P2500/XAA
bori is offline  
post #420 of 7068 Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
longhaul747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

It looks like the 2500 will get Netflix streaming ability with new firmware. Check out this link http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...d=BD-P2500/XAA

Picked this news up this morning in another thread. What about the BD-2550?
longhaul747 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off