Memorex MVBD-2510 Blu-ray Player Thread - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 1560 Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having the same problem of being able to load a menu and extras, but not able to actually play the feature. So far it has only been on Universal discs, 'Wolfman', and 'Greenberg'. I'm hoping this problem gets fixed as there's no way I'll be able to afford another blu-ray player of any sort anytime soon

With Wolfman I was able to get the movie to run by loading the visual commentary feature on the scene select screen. Greenberg, and I assume other Universal Blu-rays, don't have this feature making it, as far as I can tell, impossible to load the movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1560 Old 08-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMJ View Post

I'm having the same problem of being able to load a menu and extras, but not able to actually play the feature. So far it has only been on Universal discs, 'Wolfman', and 'Greenberg'. I'm hoping this problem gets fixed as there's no way I'll be able to afford another blu-ray player of any sort anytime soon

With Wolfman I was able to get the movie to run by loading the visual commentary feature on the scene select screen. Greenberg, and I assume other Universal Blu-rays, don't have this feature making it, as far as I can tell, impossible to load the movie.

I just got Greenberg yesterday from Netflix so I was able to try it. Played fine on mine.

Where is it freezing for you?

For me I hit play, the a screen for Universial Blu online came up, hit the enter button and went to the "FBI" and the "Views expressed here" screens then the movie started.
post #1533 of 1560 Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post

I just got Greenberg yesterday from Netflix so I was able to try it. Played fine on mine.

Where is it freezing for you?

For me I hit play, the a screen for Universial Blu online came up, hit the enter button and went to the "FBI" and the "Views expressed here" screens then the movie started.

I'm encouraged that you were able to play the Blu Ray, maybe there's hope! It doesn't freeze for me, but when the menu loads up, I choose the 'Play' option and nothing happens. It's weird because I can navigate the menus fine, the audio and video are all working properly, but the 'Play' button just won't do anything.

My software is:

Firmware: SMP8634-1.0-R1.1-115
Subversion: BD100C-090716-USA

What's yours?
post #1534 of 1560 Old 08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMJ View Post

I'm encouraged that you were able to play the Blu Ray, maybe there's hope! It doesn't freeze for me, but when the menu loads up, I choose the 'Play' option and nothing happens. It's weird because I can navigate the menus fine, the audio and video are all working properly, but the 'Play' button just won't do anything.

My software is:

Firmware: SMP8634-1.0-R1.1-115
Subversion: BD100C-090716-USA

What's yours?

Same FW as yours.
post #1535 of 1560 Old 08-30-2010, 05:38 AM

Well, after almost 2 years of using this player as my only blu-ray device and having a fairly smooth time using it, my Memorex has been gifted to my parents as their first blu-ray player. I've now purchased a LG BD550 and am quite impressed with how far the technology has progressed on blu-ray players. Man, Netflix streaming, much faster speeds for all functions, improved audio quality, automatic updates... etc etc...

It was fun while it lasted, but all things must change...
post #1536 of 1560 Old 09-19-2010, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Anybody have trouble with Clash of the Titans? I just got this from Netflix and the previews play fine, but when the movie starts, I only get 2 channel DD audio and NO picture at all. Could it be this title locks down if you don't use HDMI? I don't have any HDMI display equipment yet. Oh Well, guess I'll have to watch this movie some other way.

Shahram

Are you capable of independent thought, or do you need the government and mass media to do that for you?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Shahraminator
post #1537 of 1560 Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post

Anybody have trouble with Clash of the Titans? I just got this from Netflix and the previews play fine, but when the movie starts, I only get 2 channel DD audio and NO picture at all. Could it be this title locks down if you don't use HDMI? I don't have any HDMI display equipment yet. Oh Well, guess I'll have to watch this movie some other way.

I was using a HDMI connection and had basically the same issues... We ended up watching the standard version...
post #1538 of 1560 Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

So looks like this title is a no-go. It's a shame, I tried it twice and both times it made me sit through all the previews and every button but fast forward was disabled. I hate that, having to sit through mandatory previews. That's why I netflix and rarely buy discs anymore.

Shahram

Are you capable of independent thought, or do you need the government and mass media to do that for you?

post #1539 of 1560 Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM

Unable to play Iron Man 2 blu-ray. Must need another firmware update. That will never happen. Going to buy another brand player. I've had enough with this player!
post #1540 of 1560 Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebass View Post

Unable to play Iron Man 2 blu-ray. Must need another firmware update. That will never happen. Going to buy another brand player. I've had enough with this player!

I was going to get this to watch over the weekend. Can you give some more info on what the issue is in trying to watch it?
post #1541 of 1560 Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I hate to tell you guys this, but my copy of Iron Man 2 from Netflix plays fine. I have watched this thread from the start and it seems that it is not consistent from player to player. It is a POS by today's standards, but I can't justify spending money on a new one right now when my display device is still only 576p. I will note that I am using the older Dec 24 firmware that fixed many problems. It seemed to me that the later firmwares caused more problems that they solved, so I never upgraded after that. It's really the fault of Blue ray. A standard should be a standard, that's it. Updating copy protection or even having copy protection is a complete joke and waste of money anyway. Copy protection schemes are ALWAYS broken. So non-playing discs reports are not reliable, another player might play it. I recently reported Clash of the Titans not playing, but I would not be surprised if it played on someone else's player here.

Shahram

post #1542 of 1560 Old 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM

I couldn't get the Twilight Zone Season One Blu-Ray set to play on mine. That was the last straw for me. Went out and bought a Panasonic DMP-BD85K and am blown away at how technology has improved since the Memorex.
post #1543 of 1560 Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Since it appears Memorex has given up supporting this player, does anyone know if the 2510 is a rebadge of another manufacturer that may have firmware that's compatible?

I realize the Memorex is junk and totally outclassed today, but I don't really watch enough BRDs to justify buying something new.
post #1544 of 1560 Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, I thought this player played m2ts files? I just found out how to make them with tsmuxer and was so excited to be able to watch HD tvs shows with 5.1 sound and it doesn't even show up in the file list on the player over usb. What gives? I still have the Dec 24 firmware and am not upgrading, I see you lose features with later upgrades. I tried .ts files but they play in 2ch audio even tho 5.1 exists in the file. This player also bitstreams out 2 ch audio on all my 5.1 Xvid's for some reason.

I see I can just make an avchd or blu ray disc on DVD-R as well with tsmuxer(haven't tried it yet), but I was interested in using usb for content that will be deleted after I watch it and not wasting time and discs with burning.

I'm trying to hold off buying the new Panasonic or Samsung player for a while. Gotta pay for my new 1080p projector first! I never knew the HD picture was that detailed!

So my big issue now is getting this thing to output 5.1 DD or DTS through the optical port when playing Xvid, ts, avi, media other than DVD and blu ray. My old dvd player used to pass the 5.1 DD track in Xvid just fine.

Shahram

post #1545 of 1560 Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Can someone send me the latest firmware?

I managed to find the Sept. 09 firmware at:
http://www.memorex.com/PageFiles/174...w%20Sept09.zip
post #1546 of 1560 Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

remember, latest firmware removes some features, I am sticking with the earlier dec 24 firmware

Shahram

post #1547 of 1560 Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycophantic View Post

Can someone send me the latest firmware?

I managed to find the Sept. 09 firmware at:
http://www.memorex.com/PageFiles/174...w%20Sept09.zip

I think that is the latest.
post #1548 of 1560 Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Anyone knows how to make the player take an older firmware? I was trying to go from July 2009 to Dec 2008 without success. I was told Avatar's timeline pop-ups are not an issue with Dec 2008 firmware.

I have Aino's ISO for that firmware which can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post15417055

Thanks.
post #1549 of 1560 Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM

hey guys ... I just bought the MVBD-2520 thinking it can play AVIs from my USB HDD.

unfortunately, no matter what file I try to play from my USB (tried HDD and stick) it just say cannot play. I tried many different AVIs, MKV, MP4 ....

any thoughts on what Im doing wrong? ta
post #1550 of 1560 Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Well, with the MVBD 2510, I guess I have to settle for it being a MemoBRICK.

Apparently as discontinued Memorex decided that it was also no longer worthy of a firmware update. So, now as a result, I cannot play new disks.

I am shocked that such a poor customer attitude is present at Memorex, and simply serves to plant in my mind: Never *ever* buy a Memorex product again.

Bye Bye Memorex - saving a little is pointless with a company that does not support their products...

Andy

Q: What travels at 90 feet a minute, yet can transport you around the globe while occupying a rectangle that is standing completely still?

A: A movie.
post #1551 of 1560 Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndex View Post

Well, with the MVBD 2510, I guess I have to settle for it being a MemoBRICK.

Apparently as discontinued Memorex decided that it was also no longer worthy of a firmware update. So, now as a result, I cannot play new disks.

I am shocked that such a poor customer attitude is present at Memorex, and simply serves to plant in my mind: Never *ever* buy a Memorex product again.

Bye Bye Memorex - saving a little is pointless with a company that does not support their products...

Andy

Yeah... I've got one too. Haven't turned it on in a year or more... using another old one, a Pioneer BPD-51F... but at least that one's supported! Who'd have thought that a BD player wouldn't just play BD's until the format changed, you know... like CD's or DVD's? This business of not playing new releases... I don't understand how BD has lasted as long as it has. It's just ridiculous. But I love it and watch it!
post #1552 of 1560 Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Which disks are you having problems with?
post #1553 of 1560 Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM

Tron Legacy played find in mine the other day. This is my bedroom blu-ray and it so far seems to be working fine for that.
post #1554 of 1560 Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttersea View Post

Tron Legacy played find in mine the other day. This is my bedroom blu-ray and it so far seems to be working fine for that.

Mine also got moved to the bedroom over the holidays when I got a sweet deal on a Panny BD85. Now it mainly gets use playing burned avi files, but I haven't had any issues playing a few new release BD's I've gotten from Netflix lately either.

What specifically isn't playing? Maybe it's a hardware issue with the OP's unit.
post #1555 of 1560 Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post

Mine also got moved to the bedroom over the holidays when I got a sweet deal on a Panny BD85. Now it mainly gets use playing burned avi files, but I haven't had any issues playing a few new release BD's I've gotten from Netflix lately either.

What specifically isn't playing? Maybe it's a hardware issue with the OP's unit.

I haven't used the player in so long I can't say for sure. But a couple of more recent troublemakers for other players have been Star Trek 2009 and Avatar. If the Memorex plays them I'd be very impressed and maybe take mine out of moth-balls.
post #1556 of 1560 Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

I haven't used the player in so long I can't say for sure. But a couple of more recent troublemakers for other players have been Star Trek 2009 and Avatar. If the Memorex plays them I'd be very impressed and maybe take mine out of moth-balls.

I never tried Avatar, but I know for a fact Star Trek plays fine. I watched it over the summer.
post #1557 of 1560 Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
JUst tried to play Boondock and the loader window said to update my player! How can I update the player if there hasn't been any new firmware?
post #1558 of 1560 Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie View Post
JUst tried to play Boondock and the loader window said to update my player! How can I update the player if there hasn't been any new firmware?
You can't. It's an orphan.
post #1559 of 1560 Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie View Post
Just for the hell of it see what response you get, if any, by reporting the problem to memorex support:
http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Support...upport/?p=1438
post #1560 of 1560 Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ha will give it a shot...figured it has been left behind by the Memorex...as pos...
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page