post #391 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylan13 View Post

I have an e-mail into my Samsung guy asking him to triple-check on the DTS-HD decoding issue.

Thanks,

-CB

The dirty secret is the Broadcom BCM7440 chip on the BD-P1500 (among other players) does not have the horsepower to pull off DTS-HD MA decoding. The Samsung rep undoubtedly will be very limited in what he can tell you lest sales of these devices suffer. Of course, this is no consolation to current owners who purchased thinking MA decoding was possible.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Liked: 15
Which on should I get if I have an older AV Receiver that can only do Dolby Digital and DTS and has no HDMI, just optical and coax digital?

I don't really want to do analog out. Can I get DD or DTS out via the optical or coax digital outs with either of these players?
post #393 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Does any of the video settings effect blu rays or just DVDs?
post #394 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Got the same thing myself until I turned HDMI Audio to OFF in the set-up menu. Did you try that?

-CB

Issues:
When connecting via analog inputs you receive popping noise via your surrounds during the setup pink noise test and or when playing a disc none of the channels are discrete.

Solution
When connecting via analog outputs you must set the HDMI Audio Output to OFF.

Steps:
First off your 55 must be connected via HDMI or the option to turn off HDMI Audio Output will be grayed out.

Under Setup go to:

* TV / Device Connection>HDMI Connection

* Select HDMI Audio Output and toggle it to OFF

Now get ready to enjoy some serious audio entertainment. :-)

Thanks boylan13 and everyone else for the assistance
post #395 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It definitely does not. The closest it comes is that if you set it to 24P and it detects that the source Blu-ray Disc is *NOT* 24P content, then it will output 1080p/60 instead. But it won't automatically output DVDs at 480i or 1080i Blu-rays at 1080i or anything like that.

I think the Pioneer is the only one that does that currently and I'm absolutely sure that EWL5 will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

-CB

Wow this is huge for me. Right now my Lumagen ProHDP is processing 1080i to 1080p and doing the vertical stretch for 2.35 BluRays from my Samsung 1200 BluRay player and then into Panamorph anamorphic lens and Epson Powerlite 1080 projector. I just assumed that since the Samsung 1200 would output 1080i from BluRay that all others would too.

My reason for getting the 55 or the Sony 550 is my Fosgate FAPT1 prepro obviously won't decode the new audio formats, but it's still a great unit and has 7.1 analog ins.

Seems like my only choice then is the Pioneer ???? Don't think the Lumagen will accept 1080p and still do the vertical stretch but not sure, have to check on that.
post #396 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstanko View Post

For all of you out there like me, who did not cancel orders and go with CC, here is a link to Panny's UK site where they have posted an online manual.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...trackInfo=true

Thanks!
post #397 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post

Wow this is huge for me. Right now my Lumagen ProHDP is processing 1080i to 1080p and doing the vertical stretch for 2.35 BluRays from my Samsung 1200 BluRay player and then into Panamorph anamorphic lens and Epson Powerlite 1080 projector. I just assumed that since the Samsung 1200 would output 1080i from BluRay that all others would too.

My reason for getting the 55 or the Sony 550 is my Fosgate FAPT1 prepro obviously won't decode the new audio formats, but it's still a great unit and has 7.1 analog ins.

Seems like my only choice then is the Pioneer ???? Don't think the Lumagen will accept 1080p and still do the vertical stretch but not sure, have to check on that.

Before you commit to the Pioneer, make sure you read a couple of posts so that you are comfortable with all its "warts." The player right now is highly dependent on firmware updates (more so than typical BD player since it is first gen of a new platform). MA decoding is promised but there is no guarantee that it will come. Current word is Jan 09 for that update.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
post #398 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

Although it doesn't state if the BD35 is PAL or not on the bhphoto.com website unless I seriously missed something.

Regards,

that's the US model
if you want the PAL one you have to buy it from Europe
I know of a reputable UK seller that ships overseas (though I'm not sure if Euro zone only or rest of the world too)
http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_98

may I ask you why you want a PAL/region B model?
I live in England and never ever owned anything with "PAL" written on. I always import NTSC stuff from either the US or Japan
If you get a region B player you have a limited choice.
Generally speaking all the best stuff come from the US, Japan, HK, Korea.....basically from region A
post #399 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Post # 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstanko View Post

here is a link to Panny's UK site where they have posted an online manual.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...trackInfo=true

FYI:

Please note:

The European manual posted here, is different from the USA manual.
For example:
The Analog-Audio-Out diagram referred to in this thread is on page 17.
The USA manual (not found on-line as of this writing) has the Analog-Audio-Out diagram on page 8.

Paul
post #400 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Ok so even with HDMI I don't have to make any changes. If I want to enjoy the lossless track of DTSMA or if I want to mix primary and secondary audio to a new PCM track no changing involved in menus.

Cool

jimi

Correct, just set Dolby and DTS outputs to PCM and set secondary audio to ON. This will expand the TrueHD and DTS-HD tracks to multi-channel PCM and will mix in the secondary audio track when it is available. Just tested this with Forbidden Kingdom (DTS-HD MA 7.1) and it worked as expected with and without the Bonus View tracks enabled - 7.1-channel PCM came to the receiver either way (and I verified that actual program content was coming out of all 7 channels).

-CB

Chris Boylan
Home Theater Editor
Big Picture Big Sound
post #401 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post

I never said the BD55 wouldn't do 1080i for Blu-ray. It absolutely will (does). I said the Panasonic does not have a "source direct" mode which would automatically *detect* 1080i content on certain BD titles and set the output accordingly.

If you want the BD55 to always output 1080i then simply set the HDMI output to 1080i (or use component at 1080i).

-CB

Chris Boylan
Home Theater Editor
Big Picture Big Sound
post #402 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelian99 View Post

may I ask you why you want a PAL/region B model?

Thanks for the link. The reason why I want a PAL model is because of the titles available locally. Like the UK, our standard is PAL. I can also get all the titles you can (), I just want to make sure they will play and if I get the US version it means I would have to import titles.

Does that make sense ? But I see where you are coming from. I mean one of the titles I really want is the Matrix Collection and the UK PAL is only available next month when the US version is available now. But then all the titles available locally won't work. So it's a toss up.

Regards,
post #403 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post

True, but the adjustment at the source should be fairly limited. My idea of "picture modes" would be analagous to DSP effects in the AVR/pre-pro like "SCI-FI", "ACTION", "CONCERT", etc. It only adds coloration and not what the original artist/director intended.

Is this about what "picture mode" is for video on these Pannys or am I off base here?

There are modes like "Cinema," "Standard," etc. But there is also a "custom" mode with the standard set of video controls like brightness, sharpness, color, etc. Personally, I didn't bother with these as it looked accurate to me out of the box.

-CB

Chris Boylan
Home Theater Editor
Big Picture Big Sound
post #404 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone point me to a BD50/BD55 comparison chart? I was planning on buying a BD50 until the 55 came along. TIA.
post #405 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:29 AM

Ok I just ran a couple tests for SD upconversion and noticed the same thing as with Gladiator on the Toshiba HA2 and the BD35. The BD35 had more pleasing color in my opinion and was sharper viewing from 6 ft away. I did notice more artifact on the BD35 however. Decent trade off for a clearer picture and at my typical 11ft viewing distance the artifact is not even noticeable.

I chose an old remaster of the Player to see a poor pq movie between the two as well as Star Wars Revenge of the Sith for a good remaster. The sharpness was more prevalent with Star Wars and the artifact was more noticeable with the Player.

I have to say I like the pq on the BD35 better.

As for audio between the two initially I felt the HA2 had a major upper hand as the first runs of the test there was a major differnece in sound level with the HA2 being much louder as well as the LFE channel was actually present. The system is calibrated through the Pio 82 receiver and I made sure the HA2 was not putting out any extra db's.

I was a bit scared the sound quality was poor on the DB35 until I messed with the settings. First I turned off dynamic range compression and this did nothing. I was outputting PCM to the Pio 82 under these settings. I set the BD35 to bitstream and man what a difference in LFE. The whole soundstage came to life again and was on PAR with the HA2.

Appears there is a problem with LFE with DD soundtracks when set to PCM that goes away when set to bitstream. I tune in for LFE because I was an early adopter of the Pio 80 series and was one of the first to get the LFE firmware.

No way for me to test LFE for BD movies without a receiver that can take bitstream from the BD35. I did test my pio82 with BD PofC At World's End and felt there was plenty of LFE. Funny thing is it played fine when the BD35 was set to bitstream or PCM.

Going to pick up a new receiver and will report back. Sound Quality was the thing I was most worried about before I purchased the BD35. I guess you can't expect miracles at the $300 price point.
post #406 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:

There are modes like "Cinema," "Standard," etc. But there is also a "custom" mode with the standard set of video controls like brightness, sharpness, color, etc. Personally, I didn't bother with these as it looked accurate to me out of the box.

-CB

Totally agree! The color rendition on the BD35 and my panny plasma were spot on right out of the box granted the plasma had already been calibrated.
post #407 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post

Can anyone point me to a BD50/BD55 comparison chart? I was planning on buying a BD50 until the 55 came along. TIA.

My guess would be the following:

1) BD55 has the latest UniPhier SOC solution (UniPhier3?) and many reviewers have noted better DVD performance vs the BD50. This includes HQV benchmarks as well as real world material.

2) BD55 has 7.1 analog out capability whereas BD50 maxes out at 5.1. This will be important for legacy analog support.

3) Most likely both players have the same DAC's or the BD55 may have cheaper ones to go along with the new price point. Anyone open the players and can confirm this?

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
post #408 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstage28 View Post

Ok I just ran a couple tests for SD upconversion and noticed the same thing as with Gladiator on the Toshiba HA2 and the BD35. The BD35 had more pleasing color in my opinion and was sharper viewing from 6 ft away. I did notice more artifact on the BD35 however. Decent trade off for a clearer picture and at my typical 11ft viewing distance the artifact is not even noticeable.

I chose an old remaster of the Player to see a poor pq movie between the two as well as Star Wars Revenge of the Sith for a good remaster. The sharpness was more prevalent with Star Wars and the artifact was more noticeable with the Player.

I have to say I like the pq on the BD35 better.

As for audio between the two initially I felt the HA2 had a major upper hand as the first runs of the test there was a major differnece in sound level with the HA2 being much louder as well as the LFE channel was actually present. The system is calibrated through the Pio 82 receiver and I made sure the HA2 was not putting out any extra db's.

I was a bit scared the sound quality was poor on the DB35 until I messed with the settings. First I turned off dynamic range compression and this did nothing. I was outputting PCM to the Pio 82 under these settings. I set the BD35 to bitstream and man what a difference in LFE. The whole soundstage came to life again and was on PAR with the HA2.

Appears there is a problem with LFE with DD soundtracks when set to PCM that goes away when set to bitstream. I tune in for LFE because I was an early adopter of the Pio 80 series and was one of the first to get the LFE firmware.

No way for me to test LFE for BD movies without a receiver that can take bitstream from the BD35. I did test my pio82 with BD PofC At World's End and felt there was plenty of LFE. Funny thing is it played fine when the BD35 was set to bitstream or PCM.

Going to pick up a new receiver and will report back. Sound Quality was the thing I was most worried about before I purchased the BD35. I guess you can't expect miracles at the $300 price point.

Let me guess. You set at least one pair of speakers to SMALL in the audio setup, yes? Whenever you do that, LFE normally has to be boosted by +15dB to account for the normal +10 LFE boost plus an additional +5dB for redirected LFE. I know Pioneer receivers max out at +10dB on the LFE boost so your best bet is to set all your speakers to Large or increase the LFE channel level by an additional +5dB (I don't even know if the Panny has this capability).

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
post #409 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

...According to Boylan, you can set the BD55 to Secondary Audio = ON and leave it that way for both dts-MA movies and commentary.

YES as long as the player does the decode to HDMI or to analog. If you try to bitstream the Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD soundtracks with Secondary Audio=On, you'll get legacy compressed DD or DTS output. Just tested this on Forbidden Kindgom (DTS-HD MA 7.1 with BonusView) and verified that this was the case. The only caveat being for TrueHD 7.1 or PCM 7.1-channel soundtracks which will "lose" two channels (downmixed to 5.1), but only while you have the secondary audio track enabled, which to me is no big deal.

And this is where DTS-HD LBR comes into play for DTS-HD titles. On DTS-HD MA titles, the commentary (secondary audio) track is delivered as DTS-HD LBR. See attached picture to see what that looks like in the Panasonic display menu. The BD55 is able to convert these both to PCM and output 7.1-channel PCM or 7.1-channel analog with the secondary audio track in the mix. See second picture for confirmation that the PCM track is still 7.1 for DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack with commentary.

I then switched it over to "bitstream" and confirmed that DTS-HD MA is passed properly to the receiver (but with no secondary audio audible). This is the 3rd pic.

-CB
LL
LL
LL

Chris Boylan
Home Theater Editor
Big Picture Big Sound
post #410 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

YES as long as the player does the decode to HDMI or to analog. If you try to bitstream the Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD soundtracks with Secondary Audio=On, you'll get legacy compressed DD or DTS output. Just tested this on Forbidden Kindgom (DTS-HD MA 7.1 with BonusView) and verified that this was the case. The only caveat being for TrueHD 7.1 or PCM 7.1-channel soundtracks which will "lose" two channels (downmixed to 5.1), but only while you have the secondary audio track enabled, which to me is no big deal.

And this is where DTS-HD LBR comes into play for DTS-HD titles. On DTS-HD MA titles, the commentary (secondary audio) track is delivered as DTS-HD LBR. See attached picture to see what that looks like in the Panasonic display menu. The BD55 is able to convert these both to PCM and output 7.1-channel PCM or 7.1-channel analog with the secondary audio track in the mix. See second picture for confirmation that the PCM track is still 7.1 for DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack with commentary.

I then switched it over to "bitstream" and confirmed that DTS-HD MA is passed properly to the receiver (but with no secondary audio audible). This is the 3rd pic.

-CB

I wonder if this difference in the mixing capability b/w the BD55 and the S550 would force someone to favor the BD55? Perhaps the more important question is: does anybody care if the lossless track is retained when listening to commentary?

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
post #411 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by layne_friedman View Post

I have tried various button/menu combinations and haven't been able to
get to the 24p-capable sub-menu (I'm stuck at the "24p Output" menu
under "HDMI Connection").

If you get a chance, could you please see if you can repeat the steps
that you took to get to the 24p-capable menu (and list them here)?

Thanks very much.

Layne

It's working differently for me now than when I first played with it, so now I can switch directly to 24p On every time. When I click on the main 24p Output menu, I get a sub menu titled 24p Output and the choices of Yes or No, with an explanation below about needing a 24p-capable display. Simply clicking on Yes toggles it for me.
post #412 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Thanks EWL5 for responding back in my other thread. I have both my Panny BD30 and Oppo 980H on ebay, hoping they sell over the next few days. I will pickup the Panny BD35 when I get from a work trip Wednesday.

I am using the Onkyo 606 (decodes all codecs TrueHD/DTS-HD), will I be setting the BD35 to bitstream so the receiver does the decoding?

Thanks to everyone that tested out SD-DVD playback. It was one of the reasons why I am selling both players to just have one, also frees up an HDMI now.

For those that had the BD30, is the PQ from the BD35 superior to the BD30 for Blu's?
post #413 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:28 PM

I was planning on buying the BD55 for use with my Integra DTC 9.4, however, three things are pushing me to the S550 instead:
1. On the BD55 the surround back db level must be the same as the surround db level
2. On the BD55 the level adjustment for the front is only 0.0 to -6.0db
3. My DTC 9.4 does not have separate bass control for multi-channel input

The Sony S550 has level adjustments from 0 to -12, so I can set the all the speaker levels 10db lower than the sub level to account for the DTC 9.4's shortcomings.

Please let me know if I am missing something, because I would rather drive down the road to CC and buy the BD55 today instead of waiting for the Sony credit card and shipping.
post #414 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56 View Post

Thanks EWL5 for responding back in my other thread. I have both my Panny BD30 and Oppo 980H on ebay, hoping they sell over the next few days. I will pickup the Panny BD35 when I get from a work trip Wednesday.

I am using the Onkyo 606 (decodes all codecs TrueHD/DTS-HD), will I be setting the BD35 to bitstream so the receiver does the decoding?

Thanks to everyone that tested out SD-DVD playback. It was one of the reasons why I am selling both players to just have one, also frees up an HDMI now.

For those that had the BD30, is the PQ from the BD35 superior to the BD30 for Blu's?

You should be bitstreaming. The usual caveats apply when you want to listen to secondary audio.

Hopefully someone who has experience with both the BD30 and BD35 can respond on pic quality.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
post #415 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
More BD55 newbie audio questions for you experts.......
I'm using 5.1 analog out with no AVR DSP. Would these be the proper menu settings for the 2ch+5.1ch configuration:
Setup/Audio:
---------------------------
Dynamic Range = Auto
------------------------------
Digital Audio Output (As previously posted, I guess this has no effect. Does that mean that analog is automatically invoked properly?)
DD = PCM
DTS = PCM
BD Video Secondary Audio = Off
----------------------------------------
PCM Downconversion = ON
--------------------------------------
Downmix = Surround Encoded

Since I have no AVR indicators for the new codecs, how do I confirm that I am really listening to DTS-MA (or others)?

Are there any other selections I should make to obtain the optimum analog audio out?
post #416 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post

You should be bitstreaming. The usual caveats apply when you want to listen to secondary audio.

Hopefully someone who has experience with both the BD30 and BD35 can respond on pic quality.

I hooked up my new BD55 last night. I had a BD30 before and watched certain scenes from 3 Blu-rays on the BD30 before I made the switch.
I watched Master & Commander on the BD30 mainly to find out if I can hear the difference in the DTS-MA on the BD55 decided in the player PCM vs the BD30 Bitstream. The DTS Ma on the BD55 was more dynamic. The opening scene when The ship gets tore up by cannon fire is a real test for lossless new codecs. Picture quality was slightly brighter. Not much difference.
PQ is not fantastic on Master & Commander. It's the great sound that draws me to this Blu-ray.
Spiderman 2 in Blu-ray was the next disc. Watched that on the BD 30 before the changed over. The BD55 seemed brighter and more vivid with this Disc. Color saturation was up. My wife immediately noticed how the colors popped out more. Sound Quality in Dolby Tru HD PCM was outstanding. When Doc Oc steals coins from the bank I thought the coins hitting the floor were more noticeable and clear. There might be a slight red push with the BD55. But the picture was a "bit" sharper & clearer on my HDTV.
Iron Man also looked a bit brighter and more vivid in the outdoor scenes on the BD55 vs BD30.
Sound quality was outstanding in Dolby Tru HD PCM.
I also checked out Die Hard 4. This looked very sharp and vivid on the BD55. Sound was again outstanding in DTS MA PCM. Very Dynamic.
Overall PQ was slightly sharper and more Vivid on my Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
with the BD55 over the BD30.It's not a night and day kind of thing. But it is slightly better on our 60" HDTV. My wife agreed. And she said very positive things about what she calls the "Blu-ray sound" being better than standard DVD sound. She no longer likes to watch or listen to standard DVDs. Love that. Ha!
Equipment tested on
Sony 60" SXRD
Anthem D2 Processor
Theta Dreadnaught II
Kef Reference 205 RL and 204 center
and surround sound speakers
Panasonic BD30
and BD55 Blu-ray players
post #417 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Which on should I get if I have an older AV Receiver that can only do Dolby Digital and DTS and has no HDMI, just optical and coax digital?

I don't really want to do analog out. Can I get DD or DTS out via the optical or coax digital outs with either of these players?

Yup. And IIRC, in some cases, you can select one of the HD codecs and get a higher-bit-rate version of the basic codec (DD or DTS) sent out to the receiver. Some older receivers choke on the high-bit-rate stuff, however, so YMMV. I do believe, though, that the 55 has both coax and optical digital outputs, while the 35 has only an optical output. This is per the CC website.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #418 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post

What sort of comparison do you need beside the fact that the 55 does everything the 50 did, is new and improved, has premium audio circuitry for analog out and MSRPs at $399 instead of $599.

to each his own...
post #419 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds54 View Post

Since I have no AVR indicators for the new codecs, how do I confirm that I am really listening to DTS-MA (or others)?

Look at the Panasonic on-screen audio display. It will tell you what tracks are being played, both primary and secondary. That's what is getting decoded for analog output.

Quote:

Are there any other selections I should make to obtain the optimum analog audio out?

You need to do all the speaker configurations in the player (how many speakers, large/small, distances of the other speakers in relation to the L/R fronts). You will likely need to boost LFE in your processor as it arrives 10db to 15db lower than it should be.
post #420 of 14981 Old 10-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Several posters have commented on SD video perfomance and have generally reported good results. I am still bothered by the CNET BD-55 review that observed "plenty of jaggies" with the HQV rotating bar test and a 1 second aquisition time (should be 1/4 sec or less) for the elimination of the grandstand moire patterns in the 2:3 pull down test. Has anyone looked at the SD HQV disk and seen different results?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd35k 1080p Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bh200 Super Blu Blu Ray Hd Dvd Combo Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page