Official Panasonic DMP-BD35/55 Owners Thread - Page 399 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11941 of 14981 Old 04-27-2009, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 Camera, is there any way to get the BD-35 to play the AVCHD Lite on the player through the SD Card?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11942 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidWolve View Post

Just bought a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 Camera, is there any way to get the BD-35 to play the AVCHD Lite on the player through the SD Card?

According to page 7 of the BD35 user's manual, the answer is yes.
post #11943 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidWolve View Post

Not sure what AVCHD lite is, but it plays AVCHD video from my Panasonic HD camcorder just fine.
post #11944 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Liked: 17
Hi guys,

I eventually stumbled on a site that ships internationally. So I've got a question : is the BD35 a better blu-ray player than the Samsung P1600 ? More reliable, better quality pictures, etc. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
post #11945 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Knocksville TN, capitol por republica de Polezannia
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

Hi guys,

I eventually stumbled on a site that ships internationally. So I've got a question : is the BD35 a better blu-ray player than the Samsung P1600 ? More reliable, better quality pictures, etc. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

A huge reason beyond BD performance to pick the Panasonic is customer service....like Firmware especially. Samsung's is poor. Panasonic's surely is the leader or close to it... I've had two Samsung thangs, an OTA tuner and a BDP 1000. Both had problems and Samsung was unwillingly 'helpful', at best.

Friends don't let friends buy Samsung.... You'll never regret not owing a Samsung....I'm a two-time loser, I am compelled to testify.... Don't blink, get the Panasonic.

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #11946 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Liked: 17
Rachael,

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. I think about the only thing which the 1600 does better than the BD 35 is load times according to a few reviews I've read. They state that the BD60 is a lot slower than the 1600. From the comments I've read, the BD35 is identical to the BD60 in terms of load times and picture quality.

Regards,
post #11947 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that a new Firmware update has been released for the BD-35, version 1.7 has been upgraded to 1.8. Hopefully it makes a difference. A lot of the newer blu rays "twilight" and "the reader" have been having trouble on my bd 35 with alot of skipping freezing through sequences and losses of audio. I thought it might of been the blu ray disc but they were all mint condition. Does anyone know what this update addresses?
post #11948 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

^^^^^^

I take it this is only available if your player is connected directly to the Internet? Panasonic.com is still showing v. 1.7.

I've posted throughout this forum about having issues with DTS-MA not functioning properly from start-up, and having to "toggle" it on by switching to "Night Surround". When I switch "Night Surround" off, the settings stick, and DTS-MA remains enabled. Has anyone else had this issue, and does this firmware upgrade address it?

I've had the player for about 4 months now, and I'm very happy with it, other than the odd audio glitch.
post #11949 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster231 View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know that a new Firmware update has been released for the BD-35, version 1.7 has been upgraded to 1.8. Hopefully it makes a difference. A lot of the newer blu rays "twilight" and "the reader" have been having trouble on my bd 35 with alot of skipping freezing through sequences and losses of audio. I thought it might of been the blu ray disc but they were all mint condition. Does anyone know what this update addresses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moematthews View Post

^^^^^^

I take it this is only available if your player is connected directly to the Internet? Panasonic.com is still showing v. 1.7.

I've posted throughout this forum about having issues with DTS-MA not functioning properly from start-up, and having to "toggle" it on by switching to "Night Surround". When I switch "Night Surround" off, the settings stick, and DTS-MA remains enabled. Has anyone else had this issue, and does this firmware upgrade address it?

I've had the player for about 4 months now, and I'm very happy with it, other than the odd audio glitch.

1.8 was released on 3/31 and has been discussed here ad nauseum. A search will answer all your questions.

It can be found at:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...5/bd35_na.html

Don't waste your time on the Panasonic US website as it is weeks behind the Japanese website.
post #11950 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

For the nth time, you need to go to panasonic.jp, not panasonic.com, for the latest firmware if you're not networked.
post #11951 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM

I just got the firmware update from Panasonic on CD due to a series of problems getting hooked up to the internet and when finally connected I couldn`t download the update because it kept getting interrupted at about 65% download. In any case, the firmware update they sent me is 1.8.
post #11952 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post

For the nth time, you need to go to panasonic.jp, not panasonic.com, for the latest firmware if you're not networked.

Thanks for that. For the record, I DID go to panasonic.jp the first time I saw mention of it several pages ago, but not having any facility in "Japanese", I had a really difficult time with the kanji and characters from the other 2 alphabets in that language.
post #11953 of 14981 Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Panasonic USA Customer Service can take care of you.
You can even do it by e-mail.
post #11954 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoffin View Post

Panasonic USA Customer Service can take care of you.
You can even do it by e-mail.

But I live in Canada
post #11955 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

I encountered my first problem with my bd35 today. I purchased my bd35 the first week that it was released and since then I have watched appox. 30 blu-rays and probably 25 dvds. Today I tried loading Bedtime Stories (1.8 FW and a 4GB SDHC card) and everytime it came to the second set of gumballs it would stop and restart, loading from the beginning. It did this 3 or 4 times, so I took my card out and tried again. This time it loaded and played after the second try. I know this is a problem, I was just wondering if Panasonic intends on doing anything about this? I kept my player connected to the net via hardwired CAT6 cable during this whole process.
post #11956 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:

But I live in Canada

Panasonic Customer Service must have some contact with Canada. It is, after all, part of North America. Google Panasonic and call or e-mail Customer Service. They must have a contact address and/or phone number even in darkest Canada.
post #11957 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG707 View Post

I encountered my first problem with my bd35 today. I purchased my bd35 the first week that it was released and since then I have watched appox. 30 blu-rays and probably 25 dvds. Today I tried loading Bedtime Stories (1.8 FW and a 4GB SDHC card) and everytime it came to the second set of gumballs it would stop and restart, loading from the beginning. It did this 3 or 4 times, so I took my card out and tried again. This time it loaded and played after the second try. I know this is a problem, I was just wondering if Panasonic intends on doing anything about this? I kept my player connected to the net via hardwired CAT6 cable during this whole process.

Until there is new FW, BS will not work on any/most BD35.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #11958 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I had the same issue with Bedtime Stories on my BD55. I had to power cycle the unit and reload the disc to get it to load. I was running 1.7 firmware at the time. These loading issues can be very annoying. but it's my understanding that it's not just the Panny players that have disc compatibility issues.

8/30/2013 - Time Warner Liberation Day!
post #11959 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJF3 View Post

I had the same issue with Bedtime Stories on my BD55. I had to power cycle the unit and reload the disc to get it to load. I was running 1.7 firmware at the time. These loading issues can be very annoying. but it's my understanding that it's not just the Panny players that have disc compatibility issues.

Every DVD or Blu-Ray player will always have some compatibility issue of one type or another lurking within it. I retired a Panasonic DVD player at one point because I got tired of it not being able to handle certain DVDs. Its replacement has some issues with certain other DVDs. [And my BD35 apparently has an issue with that Alien DVD I mentioned several pages back - works on other players...]

Just the way it is. [Plus you don't have the option to update the firmware with those older DVD players, you're just stuck with flakey hardware.] At least there's some chance of things getting fixed with Blu-Ray player firmware updates.
post #11960 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Bedtime Stories did work fine in my BD35. I have a 2GB card installed and a wireless bridge so it's connected to the net. Mine was a Netflix rental.

Thanks Richard

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
post #11961 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
B.S. did not play on my 35 with FW 1.7 but has loaded and played at least 5 times now with FW1.8. 4GB SD card installed... internet connected.

There is no consistency with this particular title as to what player configuration allows the disk to load/play. Very strange.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #11962 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM

Harold just bought a new Panasonic BD player. Before he watches his first Netflix rental poor Harold dies. This just leaves Maude to play Bedtime Stories for her little granddaughter, Becky. But like many other BD discs that Harold bought before he passed away it won't play. Poor Becky starts to cry. Maude says to little Becky "too bad they don't still have motion pictures on videotape, dear. They worked so well." And the Panasonic Blu-ray player starts to collect dust. At least little Becky still has her trusty VHS tapes to watch over and over. The End.
post #11963 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for that. For the record, I DID go to panasonic.jp the first time I saw mention of it several pages ago, but not having any facility in "Japanese", I had a really difficult time with the kanji and characters from the other 2 alphabets in that language.

I hope you are just kidding (didn't see any "smilies" though) as the link takes you to an English language website.
post #11964 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I had problems with the alien disc on both the panasonic 30 and the 60.. its a very common problem.. same with the bedtimes stories.

Jacob
post #11965 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG707 View Post

I ended up having to stop this movie to run an errand. When I came back I tried loading the movie 6 or 7 times and it would not play. I've been trying every configuration that I could think of and still no go. I'll give it a rest and try again tommorow. Thank god I rented instead of buying this movie. If I can not get it to play again I'll just exchange it for a different movie, but what a hassle!!
post #11966 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 View Post

I hope you are just kidding (didn't see any "smilies" though) as the link takes you to an English language website.

Yes, the posted link takes you to an English language website.

But when I was originally looking at the posts on firmware upgrade, I saw reference to panasonic.jp. And when I typed "www.panasonic.jp" into the address bar on my computer, a pure Japanese site appeared - which is not unexpected, obviously. But I found it odd that so many native English speakers posting on this thread would be sufficiently fluent in Japanese to find the firmware upgrade!

That's why I had to ask about whether the firmware was posted on the US website. I wasn't being lazy and not performing a search. Thanks for posting the link, although I'm wondering how you got the English version of that website. (I followed your link and did the update this afternoon. Worked perfectly. But I just tried "www.panasonic.jp" again and the Japanese site appeared)
post #11967 of 14981 Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, the posted link takes you to an English language website.

But when I was originally looking at the posts on firmware upgrade, I saw reference to panasonic.jp. And when I typed "www.panasonic.jp" into the address bar on my computer, a pure Japanese site appeared - which is not unexpected, obviously. But I found it odd that so many native English speakers posting on this thread would be sufficiently fluent in Japanese to find the firmware upgrade!

That's why I had to ask about whether the firmware was posted on the US website. I wasn't being lazy and not performing a search. Thanks for posting the link, although I'm wondering how you got the English version of that website. (I followed your link and did the update this afternoon. Worked perfectly. But I just tried "www.panasonic.jp" again and the Japanese site appeared)

Someone else posted the link originally. I just bookmarked it.

Here is an interesting experiment:

Take the link as posted,

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...5/bd35_na.html

and start deleting parts of it. Delete the /bd35_na.html and click it.

Then delete the bd35 and click it. You will then hit a Japanese language site with a link to "Panasonic Global." Click on that link and keep going. Eventually you will end up at the posted link. Kinda interesting and fun to watch the URLs change.
post #11968 of 14981 Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Anyone have any issues watching 7 pounds with Will Smith? I have the BDP-35 and the movie bombs at the 24 min mark.
post #11969 of 14981 Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyS View Post

Anyone have any issues watching 7 pounds with Will Smith? I have the BDP-35 and the movie bombs at the 24 min mark.

I have watched this movie two times without a problem on my 35.
post #11970 of 14981 Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyS View Post

Anyone have any issues watching 7 pounds with Will Smith?

Uh - the fact that Will Smith is in it?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd35k 1080p Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bh200 Super Blu Blu Ray Hd Dvd Combo Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page