The SONY BDP-S5000ES Owner's Thread - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2431 of 2460 Old 05-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
dubusduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
so now with the release of the 'uhd' blu-ray spec…here is the chance to refresh this awesome machine with blu-ray UHD and SACD capability….bringing across the balanced XLR outputs of the 5400es and sony would make for a killer sell out success in a player…bringing them yet again on the fore front of disc replay
I doubt that will happen. I spoke with a Sony rep at CES and asked them when they will have a sucessor to the 5000ES. The rep said they lost so much money on the player that a successor will not be forthcoming.

LG 65EF9500: Oppo 105D; Polk LSI x 5; SVS SB-13 Ultra; Kimber Kable 12TC Speaker Cable; Monnster Cable Speaker Cable; Shunyata Research Aries interconnects; Monster Cable 700 , 1000 HDX, and M Series HDMI Cables; John 3:16;
dubusduck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2432 of 2460 Old 05-14-2015, 01:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 3,439
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck View Post
I doubt that will happen. I spoke with a Sony rep at CES and asked them when they will have a sucessor to the 5000ES. The rep said they lost so much money on the player that a successor will not be forthcoming.
they lost money…likely because it was sold sooooo late in the piece and then it wasn't 3D capable so surprise surprise if they lost money on it !

if they were smart about it…they already have a platform they'd bring out their 5000ES UHD right of the bat on launch of the format…will sell a ton of them.

I paid a pretty penny for a BDPs1e sony blu-ray player at the launch of the blu-ray format….teh player wasn't even a sony it was a pioneer cousin.

something tells me sony has long since lost their way as a company though…they couldn't make a player on their own on the launch of the blu-ray format…quite likely they won't be able to cobble a UHD player together come later in the year. or it will be in the style of the throwaway supermarket machines they make these days ….

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is online now  
post #2433 of 2460 Old 05-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
dubusduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
they lost money…likely because it was sold sooooo late in the piece and then it wasn't 3D capable so surprise surprise if they lost money on it !

if they were smart about it…they already have a platform they'd bring out their 5000ES UHD right of the bat on launch of the format…will sell a ton of them.

I paid a pretty penny for a BDPs1e sony blu-ray player at the launch of the blu-ray format….teh player wasn't even a sony it was a pioneer cousin.

something tells me sony has long since lost their way as a company though…they couldn't make a player on their own on the launch of the blu-ray format…quite likely they won't be able to cobble a UHD player together come later in the year. or it will be in the style of the throwaway supermarket machines they make these days ….
With all the bleeding going on at Sony, I doubt they will come out of the blocks with an upscale UHD player. Their upscale stuff seems to be catering to the hi-rez audiophile. I'm not into hi-rez/computer audio. CD and bluray discs are good enough for me.

I for one would not buy a 5000ES UHD player out of the blocks. The new UHD player spec does not include 3D. I happen to like 3D and hope that successive generations of UHD players will have 3D. In addition, I will wait until all the kinks are worked out on the UHD format before buying a UHD player. The 5000ES was not a first gen player which is why I bought it thinking it would be my last disc player. Unfortunately, Sony could care less if the player would not play some discs and would not issue firmware updates to fix disc compatibility issues which sort of ticked me off since I spent a pretty penny on their top of the line player. Sort of sucks to want to watch Kung Fu Panda or The Longest Day and not be able to.

While the 5000ES bluray player was nicely built and produced a wonderful picture, its disc load time became a pain, would not play 3D, would not play a couple of the discs in my libaray, and did not have SACD capability. I only got an Oppo because of 3D, disc incompatibility, and SACD capability, plus I wanted good build quality and good analog audio. However, I watch mostly movies through HDMI and my Onkyo receiver is not up to the sonic quality that the separates I've had in the past, so my next player will be a plain jane uhd player with no need for a good analog output stage. I'm not going to spend the big bucks on a fancy audiophile UHD player if they come to the market. At least that is my current thinking.

LG 65EF9500: Oppo 105D; Polk LSI x 5; SVS SB-13 Ultra; Kimber Kable 12TC Speaker Cable; Monnster Cable Speaker Cable; Shunyata Research Aries interconnects; Monster Cable 700 , 1000 HDX, and M Series HDMI Cables; John 3:16;
dubusduck is offline  
post #2434 of 2460 Old 05-14-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 3,439
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 551
oh yeah this just a distinction between those whom buy cheapy entry level players and those wanting a bit more in a solid top line unit with full capabilities...its why the oppo 95/105 are so popular. there is a market for it

but yeah also sure there will be plenty am sure in the initial stop will buy a cheap initially to add the capability but am sure will still be looking for a player that does both

just depends where sony wants to play ...in a market place of flagships like the 5000es was or in the entry level cheapies...and look dont forget likely they are putting their heft behind a uhd ps4 instead....

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is online now  
post #2435 of 2460 Old 11-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Newbie
 
ultron9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard if any future software upgrades are possible for the S5000 player?
ultron9 is offline  
post #2436 of 2460 Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
fuzzybk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The last update was version 026 in June 2012.

Cheers from the Great White North.
My gear: ANTHEM AVM50v, STATEMENT A5 - ARCAM DV139, CD17 - PANASONIC 65VT30 (THX Calibrated) - SONY BDP-S5000ES - PANAMAX 5500EX - M&K V1250THX sub - TANNOY EYRIS DC3, DCC, DC1 - AUDIOQUEST Cables - SHUNYATA RESEARCH Power cords - HARMONY One - PRIMACOUSTIC Recoil Stabilizers - BLUESOUND Node
fuzzybk is offline  
post #2437 of 2460 Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Vader424242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Hi all,

Yes, I am still using the 5000ES as my primary player. I had been using it exclusively for Blu-ray discs, but my faithful Denon 1600 DVD player, which was my SD-DVD transport, just gave up the ghost. It gave me nearly 12 1/2 years of rock solid service, so I guess it has earned a rest. Anywhoo, the 5000 now inherits SD-DVD duties as well. Has anyone on here had any problems playing back DVD-18 discs on the 5000ES?

Thanks!

Peace... Vader
 

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

 

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....


Last edited by Vader424242; 02-19-2016 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
Vader424242 is offline  
post #2438 of 2460 Old 09-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Member
 
Tom Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an option of buying an S5000es.
The transport appears faulty however.
The drawer opens and its accepts discs but the play functions etc do not work.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Tom Edge is offline  
post #2439 of 2460 Old 09-23-2016, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 3,439
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Edge View Post
I have an option of buying an S5000es.
The transport appears faulty however.
The drawer opens and its accepts discs but the play functions etc do not work.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
don't buy it ?

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is online now  
post #2440 of 2460 Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rich86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA - California
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Edge View Post
I have an option of buying an S5000es.
The transport appears faulty however.
The drawer opens and its accepts discs but the play functions etc do not work.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Does it refuse to load up or recognize both blu-rays & DVDs? There are 2 separate lasers in blu-ray players, and 1 or both of them may have failed. TheS5000es is a superb player, especially if you want to use analog audio connections. But if the laser has bitten the dust, then a replacement is most likely needed and I don't know if anything is still available.

A long-time audio/video addict!
Rich86 is offline  
post #2441 of 2460 Old 09-25-2016, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bommai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Edge View Post
I have an option of buying an S5000es.
The transport appears faulty however.
The drawer opens and its accepts discs but the play functions etc do not work.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
They have five year warranty. It is possible that it was bought within the last 5 years. Ask the seller and ask for the receipt.

Also, I bought mine new for $350 in 2011 when AVS was selling them. I kept it until 2 years ago and sold it on Craigslist because I wasn't using analog outputs anymore. I bought a newer Sony player that is not as solid construction as the s5000 but it plays Blurays and sacd and is a lot faster than the s5000. And since I use HDMI for everything, there was really no disadvantage.

The s5000 is excruciatingly slow loading most newer disks.
bommai is offline  
post #2442 of 2460 Old 09-25-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Vader424242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I replaced mine for BD duties with an OPPO 103D, but keep the 5000ES on duty for DVDs and CDs (the DACs are second to none). This being the last of a breed, AV equipment built to last, I will always have a place for it in my rack...

Peace... Vader
 

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

 

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Vader424242 is offline  
post #2443 of 2460 Old 10-16-2016, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
I would like to read about a comparison between this player and the new Sony "universal" spinner in the November issue of Stereophile.
JA Fant is offline  
post #2444 of 2460 Old 10-19-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
I would like to read about a comparison between this player and the new Sony "universal" spinner in the November issue of Stereophile.
I own both. The UPH1 betters the S5000ES in every way except the analog outs.
gbaby is offline  
post #2445 of 2460 Old 10-21-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Thank You- gbaby

I would like to read more about your thoughts/impressions on the S5000 ES analog outputs.
How are you using the outputs in your system? What makes them better vs the new Sony universal?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2446 of 2460 Old 10-21-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Thank You- Vader 424242

it is good to read that the S5000 ES also excels at CD playback.
JA Fant is offline  
post #2447 of 2460 Old 10-22-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I own both. The UPH1 betters the S5000ES in every way except the analog outs.
Can you tell me more about the analog outputs ? How do you us them in your system?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2448 of 2460 Old 10-22-2016, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Vader424242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 65
^^^ Me, I have the analog outs (L/R, not the Muti-Channel FL/FR) connected directly to an analog switcher (necessary due to lack of inputs) then to the AVR (Denon X4000). When I listen this way, I use Pure (or Pure Direct) mode (anything else will defeat the purpose, as it must pass it through the AVRs DACs for processing). There was a great deal of discussion a while back as to the difference between the dedicated stereo and the MC outs. At the end of the day, let your ears decide between the two (for me, the stereo outs provide a fuller sound.)

Peace... Vader
 

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

 

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Vader424242 is offline  
post #2449 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Thank You- gbaby

I would like to read more about your thoughts/impressions on the S5000 ES analog outputs.
How are you using the outputs in your system? What makes them better vs the new Sony universal?
I use one of the S5000ES for an Arcam AV9 that does not have sound over HDMI. However, my other S5000ES is connected to a Bryston SP3 using HDMI so there is no need to use the D/A converter of the S5000ES. The Bryston SP3 has a much better D/A converter.
gbaby is offline  
post #2450 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I use one of the S5000ES for an Arcam AV9 that does not have sound over HDMI. However, my other S5000ES is connected to a Bryston SP3 using HDMI so there is no need to use the D/A converter of the S5000ES. The Bryston SP3 has a much better D/A converter.
Much Thanks! gbaby for your reply to my query. You own a very fine system in the Arcam AV9 and Bryston SP3.
How do you have the new Sony universal connected? Is it in a 2-channel or H/T set up?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2451 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Also, I like the fact that the S5000 ES was made in Japan
Vader424242 likes this.
JA Fant is offline  
post #2452 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Much Thanks! gbaby for your reply to my query. You own a very fine system in the Arcam AV9 and Bryston SP3.
How do you have the new Sony universal connected? Is it in a 2-channel or H/T set up?
Its 7.1 for the Bryston and 5.0 for the Arcam in my bedroom. Once you hear music in 7.1, 5.1 or 4.0, you cannot go back to stereo especially using the likes of the SP3. I have two subs a Velogyne HGS-18 and and HGS-12. I moved the HGS-12 to the living room with the Bryston SP3 and HGS-18, and now, I get that rock concert bass. In fact, I've never heard anything like it, and to me, it sounds better than live music where you cannot hear stereo imaging or stereo in general.
JA Fant and KONICA TECH like this.
gbaby is offline  
post #2453 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
Its 7.1 for the Bryston and 5.0 for the Arcam in my bedroom. Once you hear music in 7.1, 5.1 or 4.0, you cannot go back to stereo especially using the likes of the SP3. I have two subs a Velogyne HGS-18 and and HGS-12. I moved the HGS-12 to the living room with the Bryston SP3 and HGS-18, and now, I get that rock concert bass. In fact, I've never heard anything like it, and to me, it sounds better than live music where you cannot hear stereo imaging or stereo in general.
Thanks! again- gbaby

I have auditioned the original Bryston SP1 and it is an excellent pre-amp/processor. Not really into the H/T, multichannel thing.
What other gear rounds out your system? Which cables / cords do you use w/ the Sony S5000 ES ?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2454 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader424242 View Post
I replaced mine for BD duties with an OPPO 103D, but keep the 5000ES on duty for DVDs and CDs (the DACs are second to none). This being the last of a breed, AV equipment built to last, I will always have a place for it in my rack...

Vader-

I would use the S5000 ES for Blu-Ray and CD playback only. I use a Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi for DVD playback.
Which cable/ cords do you use on your S5000 ES ?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2455 of 2460 Old 10-24-2016, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Guys-

I plan on using a Sony 5400 ES for SACD playback only.
JA Fant is offline  
post #2456 of 2460 Old 10-25-2016, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Thanks! again- gbaby

I have auditioned the original Bryston SP1 and it is an excellent pre-amp/processor. Not really into the H/T, multichannel thing.
What other gear rounds out your system? Which cables / cords do you use w/ the Sony S5000 ES ?
Man, you gotta get into at least multi-channel music. You just don't know what you are missing. In any event, I have a Krell KAV-500 multi-channel amp for my center and rear speakers, a Bryston 2.5B SST2 two channel amp for main speakers, a Sony XA-5400ES SACD player, Bryston BDP-2 digital player, a Bryston BDA-3 D/A converter, Infinity Composition Prelude PF-R speakers, and all cables are blue truth cables from bettercables.com.
gbaby is offline  
post #2457 of 2460 Old 10-25-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
Man, you gotta get into at least multi-channel music. You just don't know what you are missing. In any event, I have a Krell KAV-500 multi-channel amp for my center and rear speakers, a Bryston 2.5B SST2 two channel amp for main speakers, a Sony XA-5400ES SACD player, Bryston BDP-2 digital player, a Bryston BDA-3 D/A converter, Infinity Composition Prelude PF-R speakers, and all cables are blue truth cables from bettercables.com.
Very nice system- gbaby.

I take it that you use the S5000 ES for blu-ray & the 5400 ES for cd/sacd playback?
JA Fant is offline  
post #2458 of 2460 Old 10-25-2016, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,905
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Very nice system- gbaby.

I take it that you use the S5000 ES for blu-ray & the 5400 ES for cd/sacd playback?
Actually, I use another blu-ray I forgot to mention, the Sony UHP-H1, for playback of SACD/DVD-Audio, and movies. Sometimes I use the S5000ES. The biggest reason I use the UHP-H1 is that it is a universal player and it has a direct switch that turns off its light and it makes music sound even better. In addition, it has lightning fast load times. By the way, thank you for the compliment on my system. The XA-5400ES is connected to my D/A converter using its HDMI, but I rarely use it as I don't care for two channel music any longer.

Last edited by gbaby; 10-25-2016 at 01:20 PM.
gbaby is offline  
post #2459 of 2460 Old 10-25-2016, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Vader424242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Vader-

I would use the S5000 ES for Blu-Ray and CD playback only. I use a Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi for DVD playback.
Which cable/ cords do you use on your S5000 ES ?
Nothing exotic. The HDMI cable is from Blue Jeans, and the analogs are Liberty interconnects. The 5000ES inherited the CD/DVD playback duties from my trusty old Denon 1600, which finally gave up the ghost a couple of months back (and I just found out that this particular model was notorious for the spindle motor going bad in the first couple of months... and mine lasted well over a decade!). I piped the video via component to the AVR, which did the upconverting heavy lifting for me (I really liked the deinterlacers in the 1600).

Peace... Vader
 

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

 

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Vader424242 is offline  
post #2460 of 2460 Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 1,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Very nice- Vader.
JA Fant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Denon Dvd 3800bdci Blu Ray Disc Dvd Cd Player , Denon , Sony

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off