What visual quality should I expect from my Blu-Ray Player on my 720p HDTV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am pretty much an HD Tech novice, but am learning. A little background info...within the last year I have purchased the Samsung HP-T4254 42" Plasma TV and I just purchased the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray player this evening. I also purchased an HDMI cable to connect the two for best audio/visual quality.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the beautiful picture of my HDTV, especially with sports...just amazing. I decided to get the Blu-Ray Player to watch my movies in HD spectacularness as well. I am currently watching a Blu-Ray movie in the Blu-Ray player via the HDMI connection and the colors are beautiful. The only issue is I feel like I am seeing a bit of visual noise/pixelation.

Questions: Is this because my HDTV is only 720p? What should I expect visually if I have a 720p HDTV and am trying to watch Blu-Ray movies on it? Is there anything I can do, any settings I can adjust on my HDTV and/or Blu-Ray player to rid myself of the visual noise? Lastly, am I just being too critcal of the visual performance? I just feel like when I go into a Best Buy and see their Blu-Ray demo setup the picture of the HDTV is noise free.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 63
This topic has numerous existing threads, so I'll did a search using 720P as my search word (in advance search, title search only) for this forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/searc...rchid=11563830

These threads should get you started.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page