The Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Owner's Thread... - Page 291 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #8701 of 8701 Unread Today, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
For Blu-ray playback, bitstreamed over HDMI, no difference as the decoding and DA conversion will take place in your AVR.

The differences if any will be in the use of the machines for analog playback of CD's. The 88 has balanced analog outputs vs. single ended on the 85. The 88 has both coax and optical digital outs vs. coax only for the 85. There is also a different count in the number of DAC's used. You'll have to find the product brochure sheets to compare the other differences. I do remember the usual blather about build quality, big transformer etc.

I think it was stated by the Pioneer rep in the other thread about these players that the primary market/target market for these two players was Japan for CD playback as CD's were still alive and the media of choice for music. Maybe you want to look at that thread.

If your using the machine for both two channel CD playback as well as Blu-ray playback then maybe it's a good choice for you. If it's Blu-ray/DVD only then I don't see the point in spending the money other than you just like the looks of it and want or must have Pioneer.

Another thing to consider, the Analog Sunset has kicked in. That means no analog video outputs and you can only get multi-channel audio via HDMI as there are no multi-channel analog outputs on either machine. Again, you would have the decoding and DA conversion taking place in your AVR for multi-channel audio support. The DAC's in these machines would only come into play for two channel analog as far as I can see.
Which thread is that...?

So, in other words if I use HDMI - there is no difference between the LX58 and the LX 88.....

Sony XBR-65X930C (2015)
Panasonic 65VT60
Panasonic 65VT25

Pioneer Elite SC-37
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer , Blu Ray Players , Sony , Pioneer Bdp 09fd Elite Blu Ray Player