post #541 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 07:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by clax170 View Post

Is anyone using an apple computer with this player? I have a 500gig time capsule wireless n router and wanted to know if the player found the network and you were able to goto Netflix/you tube etc... Are you able to stream your pics/vids through the player as well?

The BD390 works great with the Time Capsule. No issues with the local network or Internet. However I haven't had any success using MediaLink. It finds it fine but the moment you attempt to access the server it throws up an error.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can we try to isolate which BD390s don't have the lip sync issue? It isn't as noticeable when I connect audio outs of the player to my Onkyo SR605 but it is there as well with an HDMI or coaxial connection. I don't know this specific AVR has an adjustment for lip synch.

What is the build date, serial number, or batch date on your player if you DON'T have any lip synch issue? You bet I'll return it if I see a pattern when you reply though I'm not sure I can get one without the issue.
post #543 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john18 View Post

HiFi59, thanks for that. I did see what you said.

Once I have the new parts of the system installed in 10 days or so I will test it against the Oppo 981 and if the results are similar I will see if I can then sell the Oppo 981 and get back some of what I am spending. In theory I can fully appreciate not needing three various DVD players and simply go to the HD-DVD and the Blu-Ray.

Thanks again.[IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://***************/9/F/i.jpg[/IMG]

This would be great to hear..Last few pages have confused me reading everyones opinions!
post #544 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi59 View Post

You should be even more impressed with SD upconversion.Look for detail (and lack of noise)in distant shots. Close ups look good on most players.On other players I compared it to, these distant shots tend to lack detail.

You might be on to something in that it could be a synergy between player and tv. Not sure though.

Well I staisfied my curiousity in part at least with one genre trying some animated films.! Wow!!!! Toy Story, Monster House, Lion King and Polar Express looked quite impressive. Good color, clarity and a very natural picture.

I was getting a good picture from the Sony S360 for BD playback but not SD DVD. I watch BDs 90% of the time but why would I settle on a player when I knew I probably can get another player with good results for both at the same price so back it went. Glad I decided to try the BD390. The PS3 and Panny BD30 aren't as good, both which I also own.

Does your player have the lip sync issue?. As far as I'm concerned, a rather flimsy drawer and the angle icon are no personal issues to me giving me a reason to return the player.
post #545 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

The BD390 works great with the Time Capsule. No issues with the local network or Internet. However I haven't had any success using MediaLink. It finds it fine but the moment you attempt to access the server it throws up an error.

What is Media link? what is it supposed to do?
thanks for getting back to me.

-Craig
post #546 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by clax170 View Post

What is Media link?

MediaLink is a UPNP server (for OS X).

http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink

| 
|
|
|
post #547 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Well, I just did my test with the 390 and the LG 20" LCD TV, just to see what would happen with a completly different TV...

Hooked it up just 390 to TV...with HDMI first, then component....same lip sync issues persist, if not just a bit worse.

Now I am really thinking...it's got to be these 390's that have an issue, not my Sony TV, or the rest of my system...

But what gets me (and concerns me) is that others report no issues at all...

So, (by my own admission, I know very little about firmware updates) I am wondering how a firmware update will address the lip sync issues on just certain units, and not affect the ones that are operating normally, if that makes any sense?

Really thinking hard about taking this back for a 370....and see what I have from there...as far as the lip sync issues, and the video quality on upscaling DVD's and Blu Ray...I won't be able to compare them side by side (unless I just go get a 370 without returning the 390, kinda scary, one or the other will have to go back!)...

That's where I am at the moment...going back to work to think about it some more...(oh, and do some work too...lol)

Thanks all!

Glenn
post #548 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Robert,

Both of mine DO have lip sync issues, I know you want ones that DON'T, but I can't supply that info....so maybe this will at least help sort it out...

The first 390 was manufactured in March, 2009, and this one, that also has sync issues was made in April, 2009...

Maybe we can see a pattern...don't know...at least we can try to get some feedback...

Thanks,

Glenn
post #549 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 AM

Robert,

After I looked a bit closer, I found something of intersest....maybe.

There is something called a SVC CODE on the same label as the build date...

Not sure if that has any significance at all...but here's mine on the latest lip sync unit;

BD390V N. BUSALLK

Figured I'd mention it...maybe a pattern will develop?

Glenn
post #550 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydoc View Post

Well, I just did my test with the 390 and the LG 20" LCD TV, just to see what would happen with a completly different TV...

Hooked it up just 390 to TV...with HDMI first, then component....same lip sync issues persist, if not just a bit worse.

Now I am really thinking...it's got to be these 390's that have an issue, not my Sony TV, or the rest of my system...

But what gets me (and concerns me) is that others report no issues at all...

So, (by my own admission, I know very little about firmware updates) I am wondering how a firmware update will address the lip sync issues on just certain units, and not affect the ones that are operating normally, if that makes any sense?

Really thinking hard about taking this back for a 370....and see what I have from there...as far as the lip sync issues, and the video quality on upscaling DVD's and Blu Ray...I won't be able to compare them side by side (unless I just go get a 370 without returning the 390, kinda scary, one or the other will have to go back!)...

That's where I am at the moment...going back to work to think about it some more...(oh, and do some work too...lol)

Thanks all!

Glenn

I just picked up this player on Sunday. Returned a Samsung that had video drop out issues with SDVD. Connected it up in about 5 minutes. I have an old Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver in my bedroom that is about 13 years old so it doesn't have HDMI but it does have 5.1 analog inputs. So I connected the player up to the receiver via the analog outputs and to the TV via HDMI. Samsung 46" LCD bought last month. Player works perfectly. I watched several blu-ray movies as well as several SD as well. No lip synch issues at all. SDVD quality is great, as others have reported, much better than my PS3 that I use in my main media room. The reason for lip synch is fairly simple. It's a timing issue as the video signal gets handled slightly before the audio signal does which has to go through the receiver and get processed. That processing delay is what makes the audio signal get slightly behind the video signal. If your reciever or preprocessor has lip synch delay built in use it. The only other solution, as I see it, is to run both audio and video through the receiver/preprocessor if possible. If not and you have no lip synch delay, then you may run into the same issue with other players as well.

Build date on mine is May, 2009

And I agree that the drawer is flimsy! Good thing I do not have small children.
post #551 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Over the last two weeks I tried three BD players hooking it with my Samsung 1080P (40 A550).
I first bought the Samsung 1600 and found it really good (very good picture quality for Netflix, DVD and BD) but unfortunately didn't play some blue ray disc. I tried two copies of wrestler both didn't play, so contacted Samsung the firmware was already up to datedidn't help. I exchanged the player for an LG BD 370 which played wrestler.
So for the time being LG plays more titles (hope Samsung will soon catch up with firmware updates).
The picture quality for LG BD 370 is not as good as the Samsung BD 1600. (I am no expert on PQ testing and didn't use any scientific methods, but played the regular BD/DVD and Netflix and trusted my visual perception).
I instantly noticed the difference while checking out the Netflix streaming ...the picture quality on BD370 for Netflix streaming (same network & same scene) was one step behind Samsung BD 1600- had sharper picture and better contrast.
I didn't appreciate much difference with the Netflix HD content-both were good.
DVD playback (up conversion) Samsung 1600 was slightly better than BD 370
Blue ray playback- both were equally good
User interface is better for LG 370
I like the LG you tube streaming (much better than I expected -compared to my laptop screen) & and decided to upgrade to BD 390 for better picture quality. (I would have bought the Samsung 3600 if it had You Tube. You tube is a good source of entertainment for me)
BD 390 : I was blown away by its ability to play different types of movie files I had on my laptop over my wireless network (2.4 G). The user interface and features are terrificSamsung won't match these
BD 390 DVD up conversion better than BD 370
Blue ray (1080 P 24fps) I didn't appreciate much difference between BD 370 BD 390 & Samsung BD 1600
Netflix quality (non HD) -Samsung BD 1600 was better than both BD 390 & 370 (390 and 370 displayed same picture quality)
Not sure if my Samsung TV has any role in this (? Samsung TV -Samsung BD combination)
I haven't notice any lip sync, angle issue with my BD 390
post #552 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 02:31 PM

I had the lipsync issue on a 390 I bought over the weekend. One movie I viewed was DTS-MA and one was DolbyHD. I returned the player the next day. Sorry, I didn't think about getting any info off of it.

I've written LG and pointed them towards this thread. Obviously, there is a problem though it may be confined to a particular batch of them.

In my case, I was using component video with analog 5.1. I've used a Samsung 2500 on this same system, same setup no problems.

I really hope they can track this down, because I loved the player. But this is a show stopper.
post #553 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 PM

Brian,

Thanks for the input...at least I know I'm not the only one! I agree with you 100%...I love the player, but for the money, there is no way I'm willing to deal with the lip sync issue permanently....

The killer for me is not knowing if or when there will be a firmware update that will fix it...and being in limbo in the meantime.

I am debating whether to return it for a 370, and see how that works out...

And if it doesn't, I'll return the 370, and just watch the forums and see if I can follow the story on the lip sync...

Good idea on emailing LG...I will do the same...maybe they don't know enough about it yet, because apparently it doesn't affect all of them.

UGGHHHH...I have literally lost sleep and productivity at work thinking about what to do...I was considering the Samsung 3600....but it seems that has many more issues than the 390 does!

One of the major features of these BD player for me is the Netflix application...does anyone know how the video quality on say, a 390 would compare to the Roku stand alone unit? I have read one review that says the 390's Netflix is "1000 times better" than the Roku unit...anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks again!

(getting really close to packing the 390 up for an exchange for a 370...)
post #554 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Brian,

One of the major features of these BD player for me is the Netflix application...does anyone know how the video quality on say, a 390 would compare to the Roku stand alone unit? I have read one review that says the 390's Netflix is "1000 times better" than the Roku unit...anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks again!

I think Engadget had an article comparing all (at the time) of the available devices for Netflix streaming. That included the Roku, LG300, Samsung 2550, the TiVo HD player, and the Xbox 360. They concluded that the Roku had an inferior picture than all of the rest, they said the Samsung had the best picture, and the TiVo was their favorite because of the interface.

I haven't tried the Roku player, but I had an LG 370 and an Xbox 360 (still have the Xbox) and I'd have to say the Xbox has a much better picture on the Netflix streaming.

I've been thinking about getting the LG390 because I need the 7.1 outputs and would prefer the wireless connection over the 370, but you guys are making indecisive now with all that talk about lip syncing issues.

I never had any with the 370 btw.
post #555 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Brian,

Thanks for the input...at least I know I'm not the only one! I agree with you 100%...I love the player, but for the money, there is no way I'm willing to deal with the lip sync issue permanently....

The killer for me is not knowing if or when there will be a firmware update that will fix it...and being in limbo in the meantime.

I am debating whether to return it for a 370, and see how that works out...

And if it doesn't, I'll return the 370, and just watch the forums and see if I can follow the story on the lip sync...

Good idea on emailing LG...I will do the same...maybe they don't know enough about it yet, because apparently it doesn't affect all of them.

UGGHHHH...I have literally lost sleep and productivity at work thinking about what to do...I was considering the Samsung 3600....but it seems that has many more issues than the 390 does!

Thanks again!

Something is missing from the 390 in addition to the liosync issues. I am clearly not the only one - the best buy i returned mine to had three others open box. the lipsynch issues must be widespread.
post #556 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the replys, and the info on the relatively low ratings on the Roku... good to know...

Well, I was busy earlier...and you guys are not going to believe me...but here goes;

I took the 2nd 390 back to Best Buy, in order to do an exchange for a 370...and got $100 back too...

Took the 370 home, plugged it directly into the LG 20 inch LCD....put the Blu Ray disc in, and watched a section that's good for watching lip sync issues, and sure enough....same lip sync issue as the 390!!

Well, against my better judgement (from the reviews)....I took it back, and forked over the same $100 and came home with a Samsung BD P3600....

Figuring I had this thing licked, I proceeded to hook it up to the Sony set, and AVR....got the same Blu Ray disc out, played that same scene....and guess what? Yup...lip sync issues!

By this time, I am thinking I'm losing it....so I took that same Blu Ray, and played it in my PS3...through the AVR, and no lip sync issues at all...

To be fair, I did read one review of a guy on Best Buy's site about having a 1/4 second delay in the audio (lip sync) that was very disturbing, he took the first 3600 back, got another, and same issue...

I just don't know what to think. I double checked my findings with a standard DVD....tried it in the 3600...had issues, and then in the trusty old Toshiba HD-A1....and no issues whatsoever...

I wonder if LG and Samsung share some of the same components that could be causing issues?

So far, so good with the 3600...no skipping, stuck in load, etc, like I read about...and Netflix is working great as well...

I definitely like the LG 390 much better than the Samsung, the remote, the interface, the layout, the apperance...all better in my opinion than the Samsung....

I'm too tired to worry about it anymore for the next couple of days...I'll just continue to check this out....and see if you guys have anything new....

Now, I'm just going to kick back and WATCH this Blu Ray, relax, and try not to focus on the lip sync....lol.

Thanks again for everyone's input, I'll keep you all posted...

Glenn
post #557 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Thanks for the replys, and the info on the relatively low ratings on the Roku... good to know...

Well, I was busy earlier...and you guys are not going to believe me...but here goes;

I took the 2nd 390 back to Best Buy, in order to do an exchange for a 370...and got $100 back too...

Took the 370 home, plugged it directly into the LG 20 inch LCD....put the Blu Ray disc in, and watched a section that's good for watching lip sync issues, and sure enough....same lip sync issue as the 390!!

Well, against my better judgement (from the reviews)....I took it back, and forked over the same $100 and came home with a Samsung BD P3600....

Figuring I had this thing licked, I proceeded to hook it up to the Sony set, and AVR....got the same Blu Ray disc out, played that same scene....and guess what? Yup...lip sync issues!

By this time, I am thinking I'm losing it....so I took that same Blu Ray, and played it in my PS3...through the AVR, and no lip sync issues at all...

To be fair, I did read one review of a guy on Best Buy's site about having a 1/4 second delay in the audio (lip sync) that was very disturbing, he took the first 3600 back, got another, and same issue...

I just don't know what to think. I double checked my findings with a standard DVD....tried it in the 3600...had issues, and then in the trusty old Toshiba HD-A1....and no issues whatsoever...

I wonder if LG and Samsung share some of the same components that could be causing issues?

So far, so good with the 3600...no skipping, stuck in load, etc, like I read about...and Netflix is working great as well...

I definitely like the LG 390 much better than the Samsung, the remote, the interface, the layout, the apperance...all better in my opinion than the Samsung....

I'm too tired to worry about it anymore for the next couple of days...I'll just continue to check this out....and see if you guys have anything new....

Now, I'm just going to kick back and WATCH this Blu Ray, relax, and try not to focus on the lip sync....lol.

Thanks again for everyone's input, I'll keep you all posted...

Glenn

Out of curiosity, Rotarydoc, did you select Primary Pass Through in the audio settings? This is what I am using, it allows the receiver to do the decoding, and I suppose the receiver makes sure the audio and video stay in sync. Just a thought...
post #558 of 6915 Old 06-16-2009, 10:21 PM

Anyone know the exact release date for the 390 in Canada?

I know it's in June...but already mid-June, so what's the deal? Anyone know?
post #559 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

...you guys are not going to believe me...but here goes...

I believe you as I mentioned that this very thing was likely to happen, a few posts above. The issue isn't the player and is common. If it wasn't common why would most all manufacturers put lip sync delays into their receivers and preprocessors????????? They don't do it because every now and then a player needs a firmware upgrade. They do it because its a common problem across all devices and displays and not everybody wants to run out to the store and keep purchasing and experiementing with new gear until they find one that syncs. Are you asserting that all of the players you tried all needed a fw upgrade and were defective?
post #560 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Darn it, I forgot to ask when posting WHAT amp you are using that you notice lip synch issue? Can that be it, the amp handshake with this player? If so, just trying another BD390 will not matter, but I don't recall in all these posts if someone did that and the problem was resolved to tell the truth. One's equipment may be in their profile but I'm using an Onkyo SR605. There is no way to set/adjust lip sync on this AVR as far is I know.

Thanks for those posting their lip sync problem and supplying some player info.

In isn't that bad with multichannel audio out from the player to the amp/avr but it is still noticeable. I was thinking maybe it was the HDMI cable used between the player to the display or avr is it is really really bad/noticeable with that. I'll shut up now, I'm just brainstorming and making some assumptions!

On another note, the video on this player amazes me. I'd say I getting mostly all in each of these scenarios for BD playback I've tried so far: outstanding results from 5.0 PQ rated titles, excellent from 4.5, and very very good from 4.0. I honesty wasn't and I know results/scores are subjective but it is why I continued a search for a player that would give those results for most I stated above. It may well be other players may do this for some folks as well BUT it wasn't for me from what I tried with my display!
post #561 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post

Out of curiosity, Rotarydoc, did you select Primary Pass Through in the audio settings? This is what I am using, it allows the receiver to do the decoding, and I suppose the receiver makes sure the audio and video stay in sync. Just a thought...

That is the audio setting I'm using.
post #562 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

Something is missing from the 390 in addition to the liosync issues. I am clearly not the only one - the best buy i returned mine to had three others open box. the lipsynch issues must be widespread.

Well I don't think it is the video per se as this player continues to impress me. I didn't notice any returns yet at my local Best Buy yet at least though this player was just in stock a short time ago from what I remember.

I'm on a mission to figure out what is going on if some folks don't experience lip sync issue with this player.
post #563 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 AM

I ask a man on sunday at futureshop and we saw that they were 286 In order for all canada but no Release Date so I think that the only thing we have to do is wait

Also I saw that the model will be BD390C as the BD370C
post #564 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

Darn it, I forgot to ask when posting WHAT amp you are using that you notice lip synch issue? Can that be it, the amp handshake with this player? If so, just trying another BD390 will not matter, but I don't recall in all these posts if someone did that and the problem was resolved to tell the truth. One's equipment may be in their profile but I'm using an Onkyo SR605. There is no way to set/adjust lip sync on this AVR as far is I know.

Thanks for those posting their lip sync problem and supplying some player info.

In isn't that bad with multichannel audio out from the player to the amp/avr but it is still noticeable. I was thinking maybe it was the HDMI cable used between the player to the display or avr is it is really really bad/noticeable with that. I'll shut up now, I'm just brainstorming and making some assumptions!

On another note, the video on this player amazes me. I'd say I getting mostly all in each of these scenarios for BD playback I've tried so far: outstanding results from 5.0 PQ rated titles, excellent from 4.5, and very very good from 4.0. I honesty wasn't and I know results/scores are subjective but it is why I continued a search for a player that would give those results for most I stated above. It may well be other players may do this for some folks as well BUT it wasn't for me from what I tried with my display!

i had lipsynch issues in running hdmi connection through onkyo 906 to pioneer kuro and had issues when player was connected directly to kuro. these issues were BEFORE and AFTER firmware upgrade. BB salesclerk said they get one or two of these back a week!
post #565 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Can U.S. version of LG BD390 play Region B Blu-ray? in blu-ray.com it said region a and b for this player.

I am debating getting this or the Samsung 3600 or Pionner 320 Blu-ray Player, all has similar price tag.

(My HD set up)
post #566 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugupo View Post

Can U.S. version of LG BD390 play Region B Blu-ray? in blu-ray.com it said region a and b for this player.

I am debating getting this or the Samsung 3600 or Pionner 320 Blu-ray Player, all has similar price tag.

Nope.
post #567 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 AM

I have another issue with the 390. I have the unit hooked up digital and analog (6 channel) to my Yamaha amp. When I play "The Rock" in PCM 7.1 during any loud parts including the opening titles, I get cracking noises. This occurs with either output. I have the internal audio settings to "pass-through". When I change the internal audio output to DTS-Reincode, the problem goes away. I don't know why that would affect the external analog outputs!!!! Very weird.
Now as far as the lip sync problem goes, my unit also has slight problems with this too but NOT on every DVD. Standard DVD's do not have any problems. So far the most out of sync Bluray DVD is "Day After Tomorrow"
Calling LG is a total waste of time. It's only a call center.
Finally, I just have to say that I LOVE the picture quality of this unit. I hope LG can address this problem before my 30 days are up with Best Buy otherwise I might return the unit and buy it again giving me another 30 days
By the way, can someone explain what advantage or disadvantage changing the internal audio setting to DTS reincode??? Thanks to all-----
post #568 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randello54 View Post

I have another issue with the 390. I have the unit hooked up digital and analog (6 channel) to my Yamaha amp. When I play "The Rock" in PCM 7.1 during any loud parts including the opening titles, I get cracking noises. This occurs with either output. I have the internal audio settings to "pass-through". When I change the internal audio output to DTS-Reincode, the problem goes away. I don't know why that would affect the external analog outputs!!!! Very weird.
Now as far as the lip sync problem goes, my unit also has slight problems with this too but NOT on every DVD. Standard DVD's do not have any problems. So far the most out of sync Bluray DVD is "Day After Tomorrow"
Calling LG is a total waste of time. It's only a call center.
Finally, I just have to say that I LOVE the picture quality of this unit. I hope LG can address this problem before my 30 days are up with Best Buy otherwise I might return the unit and buy it again giving me another 30 days
By the way, can someone explain what advantage or disadvantage changing the internal audio setting to DTS reincode??? Thanks to all-----

Why would you have it connected with both digital and analog out? Do you mean digital for the video and analog for the audio? I have mine connected via analog out to a Yamaha receiver. I can share how I have it setup if you wish.
post #569 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhasa-lover View Post

Why would you have it connected with both digital and analog out? Do you mean digital for the video and analog for the audio? I have mine connected via analog out to a Yamaha receiver. I can share how I have it setup if you wish.

I don't know why people wanted to use analog from the bl-ray player, is it that is what A/V receiver is for? use analog sound in the blu-ray player, you will not able to use for other device like tv program, ps3. Is much better get receiver then use inboard player analog. But for those who really wanted to use the analog sound from the blu-ray player, get the Pionner 320 i heard it has pretty good analog sound.

(My HD set up)
post #570 of 6915 Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugupo View Post

I don't know why people wanted to use analog from the bl-ray player, is it that is what A/V receiver is for? use analog sound in the blu-ray player, you will not able to use for other device like tv program, ps3. Is much better get receiver then use inboard player analog. But for those who really wanted to use the analog sound from the blu-ray player, get the Pionner 320 i heard it has pretty good analog sound.

Some of us have older receivers that do not accept HDMI but still want to take advantage of the newer codecs. If the receiver has the ability to accept either 5.1 or 7.1 analog inputs and the player can ouput either 5.1 or 7.1 analog then by connecting the player's outputs to the receiver's inputs via analog cables, the player then does the decoding and bypasses the receivers processing. We connect HDMI to the display to get the higher (1080p) video and consequently we get all the benefits of both video and audio without having to buy a newer receiver. Usually only higher end receivers and players have these connections. Most Blu-Ray players do not support 5.1 or 7.1 analog out. But this player does. Do not confuse this with the two channel analog inputs that most receivers provide for each component.

If you use any transport, Blu-ray, DVD, CD etc. to output analog then in all cases you are using the internal DACS of that particular unit to decode and unless that DAC is flawed there is little to no audible difference between DACS so a Pioneer outputting analog would not sound any better than a Samsung, LG, or Sony for example. But a discussion of this really belongs in the audio section. But better strap on your hard hat if you venture over there and get involved in discussions regarding audio!!!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd 370 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page