BD370/390 LG Blu-ray player Master/Owners thread - Page 205 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6121 of 6916 Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called Netflix because my BD370 is unable to do video retrieval during netflix playback and the entire player just turns off. They told me to call LG. LG told me they needed me to send it to them at a cost of $69. Since a new netflix blurary player is around $100 bucks, i declined. The bluray works fine. I can always use my xbox 360 for netflix.

Is anyone else having this problem with their BD370?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 6916 Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
for those having trouble with their 390 after upgrading to firmware version .539 with vudu and netflix. Go in and de-active both services then go back and set them up again. It solved my problems with netflix and vudu movies not playing. Also was able to get daybreakers to play by using anomia free window cleaner and cleaning off the disc a couple of times
post #6123 of 6916 Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Sounds like the latest update disabled your netflix playback, just as it did to mine (see posts above). You just need to roll back to the previous firmware. You should be able to get the previous version on lg's support site or elsewhere on the Web. Just burn the .rom file to a cdr and put it in the player. It will ask you if you want to install the update (which is actually a rollback). Nice thing about lg players is, after rolling back, you can choose to hide future notifications of firmware updates, so you don't have to click "cancel" every time you start the player.
post #6124 of 6916 Old 10-31-2010, 03:03 PM

Ok, What firmare do i want if i want to go back, one update...
Here's my players specs

Model Name:BD370V
Driver Version: H51203
SW Version: BD.8.08.019.B

Thanks
post #6125 of 6916 Old 10-31-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Cote View Post

Recently, while visiting family, we watched a film on Netflix through this model player.
When selecting the movies, I was surprised to see that the only option available for selecting a movie was the "Instant Queue" panel. The set-up was similar to the application running on my PS3 and my VF552 television, but both of those have multiple tabs to select movies from including titles arranged by genre and "Recently Watched."

My question is: Is there a firmware update for this player that would produce these tabs for this player? I would assume any updates to the application would be addressed when starting up the application and wouldn't have to be an update to the whole unit, but I've never dealt with upgrading a disk player before.
Hopefully someone with the latest updates can tell me if this is still the case with this application, or if I can assist my family members with updating it for them. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

Sorry, unless LG updates the Netflix app, you're stuck with the 'old' version. I wouldn't count on update for the BD390 either as it's been discontinued for a while.

I appreciate you trying to help, but can someone give me a bit more detailed answer to my original question? I have no experience with this device as it is not mine, and I only see the folks who use it once every few months or so. I was hoping to help them out, if possible, next time I visited.

Not knowing how the updates work, I would assume this device has never been updated since it's original purchase (unknown date). Is it something that happens automatically when it goes online, or do updates need to be saved to some media in order to install them?
post #6126 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 07:13 AM

Thank you shepjk26, deactivating/reactivating does make Netflix work after the latest firmware update.
post #6127 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertai View Post

Thank you shepjk26, deactivating/reactivating does make Netflix work after the latest firmware update.

Weird that some are having these troubles..mine updated fine, and all the features like Netflix/VUDU etc. still work normally.
post #6128 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

I appreciate you trying to help, but can someone give me a bit more detailed answer to my original question? ...

No, there are no firmware updates that will enable you to interactively add selections to the Netflix Instant queue using the LG player. You must use some other method to do this such as an internet browser, etc.

Assuming you're talking about a BD390/370, I agree with the other person who responded to your query that you're unlikely to see this added to these machines by LG.

If the player is properly confirgured on an active internet connection, the player will detect new updates and allow you to download them. Some of the older updates can also be downloaded from a (relatively poorly maintained) LG support site and unzipped to a USB flash drive or burned to a CD/DVD and used to update the player without an internet connection. The last time I visited the site the current latest update was not on the site.
post #6129 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi again everyone,
I got the update on friday, & watched Ironman2 with no problems. Also tested my Netflix app. because people were complaining that taking this update would some how disable this feature. But all is well..Great!.
Today Monday Nov.1,2010, I recieved 2 copies of the updated software from LG labled LG Electronics-BD390-(VER.539). All is great!!! I have to give props to LG, They came through again. My only thought is that I recently ordered the Alien Anthology, & should have it this Wed, hope the update covers all these new releases for a while...So for all of us still wondering if we will be getting a fix no worries its here. I will be keeping you all updated on all my new Blu Rays & the BD390 with this new software update fix. Take care everyone hope to hear from you all. Enjoy...
post #6130 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post

No, there are no firmware updates that will enable you to interactively add selections to the Netflix Instant queue using the LG player. You must use some other method to do this such as an internet browser, etc.

Thank you so much. I don't think this is an issue with the owners- they most likely don't know other layouts exist. I just wanted to help out if I could.
I'm pretty sure I have the right model number. I had to look up images of the device online. I remembered it being an LG with a large, illuminated blue and red ring in the middle.
Thanks again.
post #6131 of 6916 Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Not knowing how the updates work, I would assume this device has never been updated since it's original purchase (unknown date). Is it something that happens automatically when it goes online, or do updates need to be saved to some media in order to install them?

If the player is connected to the internet, then the player will periodically tell you updates are available automatically and ask if you want to install them, but wont install them automatically.

You could also download them from a computer, put them on media, then install them on the player from that media. This is especially useful for downgrades or if it is inconvenient to connect the player to the internet.

LG might not upgrade their nextflix interface for this player, but it's not completely impossible. I though the same thing about my Samsung BD-C5500 which also only had the instant-queue only playback for Netflix.... until last week! Now there's an update available for it with full browse & search.... so keep fingers crossed for the same thing from LG BD370.
post #6132 of 6916 Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Just an FYI, upgraded my 390 to the .539 firmware and did NOT have any problems with Netflix. Don't use Vudu so can't say about that. BTW, this upgrade was from .531 directly to .539. I never installed .532
post #6133 of 6916 Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My BD390 has installed SW version BD.8.08.539.B. Is that the latest firmware?
post #6134 of 6916 Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 AM

yes, 539.B is the latest firmware...
post #6135 of 6916 Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM

After this most recent firmware update, I was having trouble playing netflix and locally networked h.264 content. A reset to factory defaults fixed all my problems.
post #6136 of 6916 Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Anyone having issues with Toy Story 3 on their BD370? My Audio becomes static once the actual movie begins.
post #6137 of 6916 Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyx View Post

Anyone having issues with Toy Story 3 on their BD370? My Audio becomes static once the actual movie begins.

Gosh I hope not. If Toy Story 3 has issues then that's the final straw for me and I'll be throwing my 390 out the window and buying an Oppo.

Media Room
Mitsubishi HC6800 1080P Projector with Darbee Darblet Video Processor
106" Da-Lite 90271V Cinema Contour High Contrast Cinema Vision Screen
Denon AVR-2809CI
Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray Player
Energy v6.2 Towers / Energy v5.2 Center / Boston Acoustics HS50 surrounds / Klipsch RW-12D Sub
post #6138 of 6916 Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM

I just finished watching Toy story 3 on my LG BD390 with the new update .539 & all is great! No problems playing it on the 390. As for the Blu Ray movie itself, Fantastic! with everything- PQ AQ 5 stars. I'll keep you all updated with my new Blu rays playing on my LG. Take care all.
post #6139 of 6916 Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
I did the new firmware update, watched IM2, now instead of total freeze, I got freeze frame with continuous audio. Did this four times during the movie. A quick rewind straightened it out, not yet freeze free...........

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
post #6140 of 6916 Old 11-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikool View Post
Gosh I hope not. If Toy Story 3 has issues then that's the final straw for me and I'll be throwing my 390 out the window and buying an Oppo.
I had a similar audio hiccup when playing TS3, during the beginning. It wasn't static, but a noticeable dropout. But it played on, until...

About twenty minutes in during a chapter break the picture froze, and the scene selection indicator popped up, with audio continuing to play on. At first I thought one of the kids accidentally pushed a button on the LG's remote. I had to press stop, then play to get the disc to load again. (took forever,hate it when the Disney logos and trailers load up...had to bypass it to get to main menu)

I selected the chapter right before the issue happened, and sure enough the very next chapter exhibited the same freeze frame/audio problem. Wifey says to exchange the disc. What do you think? Pristine disc, right out of the box...hmmm.

My 390 has the latest firmware update .539...Don't have Ironman2, but when playing the Alien Anthology sometimes the player locks up after the studio logo. Had to power off unit, then it loaded up properly, albeit slowly. Compared to the PS3 that is.

All I can say is LG better get their sh*t together or else this unit's out the window! Damn shame too...but what can one do? Grrrr...

BTW, PS3 playback for these two titles is problem free, at least for my setup. Sony to the rescue for movie night!
post #6141 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Is the consensus that Iron Man 2 is now fixed? I see Netflix is sending it to us to arrive tomorrow.
post #6142 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 PM

I'm still having problems with Iron Man 2 after the update. I also had Toy Story 3 freeze up and the scene selection indicator pop up. I now offically will never purchase another LG product. As soon as the new Oppo player is released I am buying it an regulating my BD390 to my old 13" CRT behind the bar. "LNG" = Life is not good.
post #6143 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post

Is the consensus that Iron Man 2 is now fixed? I see Netflix is sending it to us to arrive tomorrow.

The update didn't fix it for me, better but... It froze at about 20min, then again at 48 min. Then around late, I wasnt watching the video froze but the sound keep right on going. So 3 hickups the full disc vers about every 20 is an upgrade I guess
LG seems to come out with a newer unit every three months. About the warranty period. After that forget updates.
post #6144 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM

I keep trying to download the latest software of the LG BD 390 firmware. I can't do it. The network update keeps failing.

I tried a wired connection and a wireless connection.

In the past, I've always been able to download successfully.

I know there's the CD/DVD and USB drive options, but I have a Mac and don't have access to a PC. LG doesn't support these options for Mac users, grrr...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
post #6145 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Liked: 12
Hey everybody,

I'm using an LG390 with the latest fimware and I still can't get any streaming services to work, even after resetting to factory settings and deactivating Netflix, Cinema Now and Vudu. Here are the issues:

Netflix - I get my queue but when I try to play something, it freezes and then the unit shuts off

CinemaNow - I get the initial Movie / Rental screen, but when I try to access the movie list, it hangs. Hitting "Home" gets me back to the menu.

Vudu - Get the movie list but when I try a trailer, the unit shuts off.

Funny thing is, I used the online streaming from Netflix last night right after downloading the update. Now, once CinemaNow didn't work, I reset to factory settings and now nothing works!

Please tell me this thing isn't bricked...last thing I need is to resort to my PS3 for BD's and Netflix.

Thanks!
post #6146 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post

Blu-ray continues to baffle me. I watched Iron Man 2, a rental from Netflix, yesterday afternoon on my 390 with the old firmware 808531 and with the exception of a split-second, non-repeatable audio hiccup in the first few minutes, everything played through cleanly without a single freeze.

Last night, I let the player update to the new 808539 firmware (took a pretty long time to download) and watched Iron Man 2 again today. The movie played cleanly from start to finish with no issues at all. As for streaming, I don't have Vudu but Netflix had no issues whatsoever, watched one full movie and parts of another. Didn't have to do a reset or deactivate Netflix.

My setup is the 390 bitstreaming (Primary Pass-Thru) to my Denon AVR-2310. My AVR-2310 also has the most current firmware. As I said at the start of my post, baffling why I had no real issues with Iron Man with the older firmware. Equally baffling is why some people had problems with Netflix after updating to the new firmware, while others did not.

Edit: Just remembered one significant difference in loading Iron Man with the 2 different firmware versions. With 808531, the "Stark Expo" loading icon popped on the screen twice. With 808539, the icon came on just once and overall, seemed to load the disk faster.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #6147 of 6916 Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Updated to the 539 firmware (actually says 539.B) - Netflix and Vudu are fine (as before) - will try Iron Man 2 when it arrives from Netflix tomorrow.
post #6148 of 6916 Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
With all the problems, glad I haven't updated yet even though I got the prompt. To Mike-Tee's post, dude it's not Blu-Ray, it's LG's player that's got folks baffled!
post #6149 of 6916 Old 11-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskaguy33 View Post

Hey everybody,

I'm using an LG390 with the latest fimware and I still can't get any streaming services to work, even after resetting to factory settings and deactivating Netflix, Cinema Now and Vudu. Here are the issues:

Netflix - I get my queue but when I try to play something, it freezes and then the unit shuts off

CinemaNow - I get the initial Movie / Rental screen, but when I try to access the movie list, it hangs. Hitting "Home" gets me back to the menu.

Vudu - Get the movie list but when I try a trailer, the unit shuts off.

Funny thing is, I used the online streaming from Netflix last night right after downloading the update. Now, once CinemaNow didn't work, I reset to factory settings and now nothing works!

Please tell me this thing isn't bricked...last thing I need is to resort to my PS3 for BD's and Netflix.

Thanks!

Try going back to the .531B firmware (can download from the lg site, too big to attach) and see if that helps. Unzip it to a USB flash drive and use that to reload.
post #6150 of 6916 Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 AM

Iron Man 2 is now fixed for me
no problems with netflix

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman"

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd 370 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page