BD370/390 LG Blu-ray player Master/Owners thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 6916 Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was having a hard time getting the 390 to work on my Vizio via a direct connection of the HDMI cable. After much reading and fiddling I tried connecting the HDMI to my receiver and then to my TV. It works great now. Apparently since my TV is a couple of years old there is some compatibility issues on the HDMI input which the Onkyo solves.

Thanks for the help offered following my earlier posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 6916 Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgeny View Post

Should I excpect quality deterioration when viewing DVD PAL on LG BD 390?

I have the same two pieces of equipment. Can you enlighten me a bit as to why you would do the above? I don't want to miss out on anything cool!
post #873 of 6916 Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM

so we can watch Netflix content on these players, is it possible to watch slingbox content as well? Seems like it should work if a slingplayer or similar is available. anyone with experience? Thanks for sharing
post #874 of 6916 Old 07-09-2009, 06:36 PM

From the descriptions here, it sounds like the the zoom feature on the 390 is similar to some of the Oppo players I've used where you can zoom in small increments like 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x, etc. and it maintains the aspect ratio and keeps the image centered, correct? And it works for both DVDs and Blu-Rays? The PDF manual online isn't much help on this topic.
post #875 of 6916 Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduramax View Post

I was having a hard time getting the 390 to work on my Vizio via a direct connection of the HDMI cable. After much reading and fiddling I tried connecting the HDMI to my receiver and then to my TV. It works great now. Apparently since my TV is a couple of years old there is some compatibility issues on the HDMI input which the Onkyo solves.

Thanks for the help offered following my earlier posts.

Yep, I can definitely agree to this. My Toshiba is also a couple of years old and I was having weird problems with sound on some sources through HDMI but it works fine on a newer Panasonic TV. The Toshiba has no problem with the same sources on a PS3 with HDMI.

There's some growing pains with this player and it is still far from perfect but I like the fact that it reads NTFS formatted hard disks from the USB. That and a cheaper price are the advantages over the PS3 in my book. All it needs now is better streaming media support.

The blu-ray stuff is great too.
post #876 of 6916 Old 07-10-2009, 11:48 AM

Does LD BD390 has hack or way to make it play other region dvd? i had oppo bd83 and i use the free dvd region hack it work.
post #877 of 6916 Old 07-10-2009, 10:59 PM

I have a question about the DTS Re-encode feature. Does the BD370 only output 48khz/16-bit DTS audio in this mode or can it output DTS 96/24? Also, am I correct to assume that it outputs at 1.5 Mbps?
post #878 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 03:53 AM

Having a ton of issues getting my new BD390 to work with my D-Link DIR-655 router. It works fine if I connect it directly to my cable modem (Time Warner), but the moment I bring the router in the mix, BD390 refuses to work. I have tried both wireless and wired settings. I have udpated the firmware on both BD390 and D-Link but still no luck. In another room, I also have the Samsung BD-P2500 which is able to stream NetFlix movies etc with no issues.

With so much infrastructure currently hooked up to the D-Link router (Wii, Sonos, Samsung BD-2500 etc.) its unlikely that I will replace the router.

Has anyone else experienced incompatibility between BD390 and a D-Link router? LG's customer support as usual have been pretty useless. I would hate to get rid of this player because the feature set on this players seems to be awesome (NetFlix, YouTube, myMedia).
post #879 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Problems with this particular router and the player have been discussed extensively around the internet (look at the amazon.com user reviews). 2 solutions that seem to work well include:

1) update the firmware on the DIR-655 - a lot of people say that works.
2) Use a static IP address for the BD390. The problem seems to be with assigning an address through DHCP.

If neither of those work, I am using a linksys WRT310N which I eventually chose over the DIR-655 because I had some bestbuy gift cards and didn't want to wait for shipping (the D-Link was online only). It has been flawless with the LG.

By the way, to all, first post on the forum - long time lurker. I recently moved for a new job and treated myself to a Panasonic P46S1, the BD-390, and the Sony HT-CT100 soundbar. I am thrilled with everything, and this forum was invaluable in my decision. I have had no problems with lip syncing on the BD-390, and the sound is great. Thanks to everyone for your opinions.
post #880 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Before updating your D-Link router firmware, I suggest heading over to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/dlink for news and reviews of the latest firmware. I have been avoiding the last update due to many issues reported. If you already have updated to the latest firmware, I suggest try to disable DNS relay.
post #881 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbromer View Post

Problems with this particular router and the player have been discussed extensively around the internet (look at the amazon.com user reviews). 2 solutions that seem to work well include:

1) update the firmware on the DIR-655 - a lot of people say that works.
2) Use a static IP address for the BD390. The problem seems to be with assigning an address through DHCP.

jbromer, thanks for your response. I did update the firmware on the DIR-655 to version 1.31NA. Still no luck. BD-390 shows "success" in setting up the wired network, but is still not able to access NetFlix or YouTube. NetFlix flatly refueses to work; YouTube gives some error message about network congestion.

As far as your other suggestion of using a static IP address, I am not network savvy enough to know how to do that on the router.

saiga6360, thanks for your feedback too. Before I saw your note, I had already updated the firmware on the router. Based on your suggestion, I did disable the "Enable DNS Relay" checkbox on the router but still no luck (not that I knew what that meant).

While I am messing with the router and such, my Samsung BD-P2500 has stopped streaming Netflix as well. And Sonos is not able to go out on the Internet to pull Rhapsody stuff either.

So bottom line - my situation has gone from bad to worse in a hurry (:-
post #882 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any one have a Harmony One remote they are using with this player. I know you can get the words Red, Blue etc to show up on screen but can you get red or blue icons to show.
post #883 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post

Any one have a Harmony One remote they are using with this player. I know you can get the words Red, Blue etc to show up on screen but can you get red or blue icons to show.

Hmm, I didn't try, but I will. The only major change I made was adding a shortcut to Home and Eject on the touch pad, but that is a good idea.

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool. -Lester Bangs
post #884 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham Desi View Post

jbromer, thanks for your response. I did update the firmware on the DIR-655 to version 1.31NA. Still no luck. BD-390 shows "success" in setting up the wired network, but is still not able to access NetFlix or YouTube. NetFlix flatly refueses to work; YouTube gives some error message about network congestion.

As far as your other suggestion of using a static IP address, I am not network savvy enough to know how to do that on the router.

saiga6360, thanks for your feedback too. Before I saw your note, I had already updated the firmware on the router. Based on your suggestion, I did disable the "Enable DNS Relay" checkbox on the router but still no luck (not that I knew what that meant).

While I am messing with the router and such, my Samsung BD-P2500 has stopped streaming Netflix as well. And Sonos is not able to go out on the Internet to pull Rhapsody stuff either.

Make sure you have restarted everything, cable/DSL modem, then the router then the BD390. The firmware flash and the restarting all those things in that order had me working in 10 minutes.

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool. -Lester Bangs
post #885 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity have you tried the wireless connection? As far as setting a static IP address, you could probably figure it out by logging into the router over your browser, and looking up "DHCP reservation" or something similar. If all else fails, you may have to ditch the router. The fact that you are having network issues with other devices suggests it probably is the router and not the LG. In my experience, routers in general, and draft-n routers specifically, have VERY short shelf lives. They are just not built to last unfortunately.
post #886 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

The issue is with the LG player not working well with the D-Link router's DNS relay. The post below from 4davis is how I have working around this issue since I have not applied the latest firmware on my router. It also works for the BD390.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4davis View Post

A number of posts state that the BD370 is incompatible with certain D-Link routers. It appears that this incompatibility is with the D-Link relaying DNS.

Try the following:

Choose the static IP option on the BD370 and reserve an IP on router.

On the BD370, make the following entries:

IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (use your reserved IP)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0 (usually, match with your topology)
Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (default for D-link, use your router IP)
DNS: 4.2.2.1 (use Level 3 DNS instead of router)

Thats it. It should work like a champ. At least mine did.

Good luck.

The other issues you may be having now is from the firmware upgrade. I have been avoiding it like the plague due to the many reported issues in dslreports.com and the worst part about it is you cannot flash the router back to an older firmware version. D-Link in their sagacity has locked the firmware after 1.3.1 which is so bad that it rendered the router useless in some cases. If you are looking to replace the router, would avoid D-Link for now until they shape up with their firmware updates.
post #887 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiga6360 View Post

The other issues you may be having now is from the firmware upgrade. I have been avoiding it like the plague due to the many reported issues in dslreports.com and the worst part about it is you cannot flash the router back to an older firmware version. D-Link in their sagacity has locked the firmware after 1.3.1 which is so bad that it rendered the router useless in some cases. If you are looking to replace the router, would avoid D-Link for now until they shape up with their firmware updates.

I tried setting the static IP address as 192.168.0.99 and DNS as 4.2.2.1 but still no go. I think my issues did get worse after the firmware 1.3.1 upgrade I did this morning. Up until that, at least Sonos and my other NetFlix streaming Blu Ray player was able to access the Internet but now have stopped working. My internal wi-fi network is working fine and I am also able to surf the internet with my desktop and laptops, but apparently the firmware upgrade disabled something called a UnP port forwarding (I have no clue what that means, just saw that on some other forum). Also saw that a newer firmware upgrade for the DIR-655 is expected very shortly (version 1.3.2). I guess I can wait a few days for that to arrive.
post #888 of 6916 Old 07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

I noticed that the LG player can be quite finicky with the network settings. Keep trying different static IP addresses and restarting the player. Does the connection status confirm your network connection is ok? Mine works fine after that.

The UpNp port setting should not affect your player unless maybe when you try to stream movies from a home media server. I don't think it should prevent you from connecting to YouTube or Netflix.
post #889 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiga6360 View Post

Does the connection status confirm your network connection is ok?

Yes, everytime. As a matter of fact, all this time I have been trying different network settings on the BD390, it ALWAYS shows successful connection to the network - its a different matter that nothing works after that but it definitely connects for sure.

By the way, last night I did download the newest firmware (final beta) for the D-Link DIR-655 router (version 1.3.2). Still no change in my status. My internal wi-fi network is fine, but any device (other than a browser) which needs to get content from the Internet fails to work. As I have indicated before, this includes Sonos, Samsung BD-P2500 and of course the BD390.
post #890 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My local BB has a BD390 connected up for display so I had a thumb drive with a 20 min clip of the Blu-ray movie Ratatouille in AVCHD format that the BD390 would not play. I do believe I read an AVCHD on disc works but has anyone got it to work from an external drive attached to the USB? If so, what is the AVCHD layout (what folders do yo have)?

jidelite
post #891 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:

Yes, everytime. As a matter of fact, all this time I have been trying different network settings on the BD390, it ALWAYS shows successful connection to the network - its a different matter that nothing works after that but it definitely connects for sure.

By the way, last night I did download the newest firmware (final beta) for the D-Link DIR-655 router (version 1.3.2). Still no change in my status. My internal wi-fi network is fine, but any device (other than a browser) which needs to get content from the Internet fails to work. As I have indicated before, this includes Sonos, Samsung BD-P2500 and of course the BD390.

Problem solved. On a whim, I decided to follow someone's suggestion on the D-Link forum to disable the securespot service. That did the trick for me. I went to the Advanced tab -> SecureSpot and disabled the SecreSpot service there. No reboot needed either.

I am a happy man now. You guys are great. Thank you all
post #892 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 PM

I got a BD390 two weeks ago and have been really happy with it.

However, I have been having nothing but problems since trying to play media via a Western Digital Passport 320 GB hard drive through the USB port.

It was working fine at first, but then it kept getting hung up as I was trying to navigate through the files.

I reformatted the drive to NTFS, hoping that would solve the problem (I had originally used FAT formatting), but it hasn't.

Have I just got a crappy drive, or are there things I need to watch out for when naming files or the like? Any help would be appreciated.
post #893 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 PM

Hey guys

I now have the weirdest problem. I downloaded an mkv file like I did a few more times previously. I put it on my external hdd like I always did... Browsed for the file, selected it... And then... nothing... It just said MOVIE and did nothing. I pressed back to the menu button, it took forever... It then slowed down ever since. I could not open another file that I already know can be played. Each menu would take forever to load... I did a factory reset, internal memory reset but no... It just did not work after trying to play that movie. HOWEVER after turning it off and on again, and trying another mkv file, I saw that it's working fluently...

I said, ok it's weird that this movie does something to this player and the player just slows down to hell, and I won't play it...

However, today I put some pictures in the externall hdd again and wanted to watch them with the family, and the file browser, especially picture loading was extremely slow. I did picture browsing before and I know how fast it can be, and it just is not anymore...

Anyone has that kind of a problem?

Also, the movie plays fine in 2 computers... So it's not a bad file.
post #894 of 6916 Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 PM

is there anyway to play other region dvd?
post #895 of 6916 Old 07-13-2009, 08:30 AM

I am having some trouble losing connection to my USB drive at random times. It will be connected and working fine and then while doing something not using the drive (like, say, watching Netflix) I will see the little USB icon come and go in the top right. I will go to the home screen and find that the Movie, Music and Picture boxes are greyed out. I will unplug and replug and it all works again. One thing is that I am using a different cable than came with the drive (I wanted black instead of white to be less visible) and it seems to happen with this cable more often.

Any thoughts?

I keep my huge Blu-ray collection stored at Netflix. :0)
post #896 of 6916 Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Vance asked:
> One thing is that I am using a different cable than came with the drive (I wanted black instead of white to be less visible) and it seems to happen with this cable more often. Any thoughts? <<br />
Yes. You're not just sending data through that USB cable from the drive to the player. You're sending power _to_ the USB drive as well. If the wire gauge is too small, the drive won't get the current it needs, and will lose the connection, or spin down entirely.

- Tim

- Tim
post #897 of 6916 Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Ah, I see. That must be the problem, then. Thanks!

I keep my huge Blu-ray collection stored at Netflix. :0)
post #898 of 6916 Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post

To my knowledge, it is not possible to assign icons to commands (I wish it was.) You can only assign icons to channels.
post #899 of 6916 Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 AM

Sorry to start my first post this way but I'm having one hell of a time making this hack to work.

I bought the LG BD370 today because of the available region hack code. I downloaded 600.zip drive converted the RMTM0000 to ISO image file and burned it using both Nero. Put it in the player and it read and for a brief moment it says "Data" and it goes to the Home screen. There is no blue screen that allow me to set the region code.

What program you guys use to covert and burn the CD? Could someone mail me a known working CD? I'll pay for it.
I've been wasting a lot of CDR trying to get this to work.

Thanks
Nick
post #900 of 6916 Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by this is me View Post

What program you guys use to covert and burn the CD? Could someone mail me a known working CD? I'll pay for it.
I've been wasting a lot of CDR trying to get this to work.

Thanks
Nick

You are doing something wrong...you don't convert it to ISO, you just burn the extracted RMTM000 directory to a CD, as is...I mean, it's all there in the "readme.txt"

Like so: Open Nero, choose to make a data CD, drag the whole dxmn RTMT000 directory onto Nero and burn it, but don't forget to disable Joliet in Nero beforehand...
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd 370 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page